Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #31
avgeek81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet too View Post
I don't think it will last more than a season either. I also believe that there are a total of 8 people she wants revenge on. If you look at the "g" in the title, it also looks like an "8". She has gotten to 3 so far, so another 5 to go. They may make it last longer if Daniel was killed by someone not related to her dad's story.
I think the 8 is a infinity sign. If it does well I'm sure they will find a way to make it go longer. Look at a lot of shows that seems like would only last a season and go on and on. Like Desperate Housewives the Mary Alice mystery started it and then every season there was a new story arc. Who knows how many people testified at the trial. And if these people were involved in one cover up there are probably more.
avgeek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #32
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet too View Post
I don't think it will last more than a season either. I also believe that there are a total of 8 people she wants revenge on. If you look at the "g" in the title, it also looks like an "8". She has gotten to 3 so far, so another 5 to go. They may make it last longer if Daniel was killed by someone not related to her dad's story.
The "G" that looks like an "8" is the infinity symbol.

I read 36 of 25 in the 2013 DIS Book Challenge
Killing Jesus * Things We Set on Fire * 12 Years a Slave * A Home for Christmas * Heart Shaped Box * Abducted * Beautiful Ruins * When I Found You * John * Entwined in You * Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children * Losing Hope * Zoo * A Moveable Feast * The Paris Wife * The Light Between Oceans * Inferno * We Need to Talk About Kevin * Under the Dome * Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) * Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Shopaholic, #3) * Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic, #2) * Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) * Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) * One Second After * Into the Darkest Corner * Before I Go To Sleep * Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) * The Perks of Being a Wallflower * Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) * Defending Jacob * Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) * Rush Home Road * On the Island * The Fault in Our Stars * The Glass Castle

wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #33
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville, Reeking Lumstown, Older than Dirtboro, Only post the good ones, USA

You can watch previous episodes on Hulu.

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #34
m&m's mom
Waiting for the waterless cruise
I really am quite evil

I love, love this show!!! I watch each show twice- the second one with closed captioning on to catch everything I might have missed
Nolan is just fascinating to me. Anyone remember The Pretenders tv show? It was about a guy, Jared, trying to find his parents. Every week he had a different job that suited what he was doing to find his parents. Anyway, it was a very intelligent show and Nolan reminds me of a modern day "Jared".
Kinda confused on where this show can go too but I am definitely watching.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #35
mommagoof
Mouseketeer

I think Charlotte is Amanda/Emily's Sister. A result of her Fathers affair with Victoria.
mommagoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #36
Caropooh
POO, are you? POO POO, POO POO!
I LOVE wiggling my kids teeth!
Drives a braille van

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
Was Victoria really doing it? I was under the impression that Amanda and Nolan only made it look like it came from her.
That's what I thought also....
Old 10-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #37
Fly4free
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommagoof View Post
I think Charlotte is Amanda/Emily's Sister. A result of her Fathers affair with Victoria.
Hmmmm....hadn't thought of that, very interesting!
Fly4free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #38
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommagoof View Post
Oooohh, I didn't think of that either, but that makes it even more juicy!! lol!

I still have two questions that I'm trying to figure out...Why is Emily so hateful towards Nolan when he always does what she asks...and does anyone else remember the scene when it shows her getting out of prison and Nolan was there to give her the stuff from her Dad? Just trying to figure out what she was in prison for...I guess we'll find that out later!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #39
Eeyore98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by armomof3lvsdisney View Post
Love it!! I also wonder how it can be more than a one season show.
Well, it's supposed to be an adaptation of the Count of Monte Cristo, which was a pretty huge book - 1488 pages in hardcover according to Amazon.

The HBO series Game of Thrones is planning to split up the third book of its source material into two seasons, assuming they get that far, and that book is only 992 pages.

So I could easily see them getting a second season out of Revenge.
Eeyore98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:54 AM   #40
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville, Reeking Lumstown, Older than Dirtboro, Only post the good ones, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post

I still have two questions that I'm trying to figure out...Why is Emily so hateful towards Nolan when he always does what she asks...and does anyone else remember the scene when it shows her getting out of prison and Nolan was there to give her the stuff from her Dad? Just trying to figure out what she was in prison for...I guess we'll find that out later!
Was it prison, or was she a ward of the state until she turned 18? Remember the scene with Victoria offering the psychologist a private practice if she locked her up?

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:45 AM   #41
mikron
Donald Pin Collector

Enjoyed the star in Brothers and Sisters also. Good story, what happens when she takes care of all the bad people.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:51 AM   #42
Duchie
"Answers are the easy part, questions raise the doubt." - J. Buffett

Quote:
Originally Posted by st4rrab0vemybed View Post
Hmm, you could be right. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if she really did it b/c of how he didn't save Daniel after she went to him. Also, Nolan/Emily only hacked into his computer to change the presentation. They never said anything about the e-mails.
Didn't they change the presentation to say something like "Happy Father's day" and "Look for the red dress"? Then the mistress came in wearing a red dress. That's what gave me the impression they had hacked into the emial account as well and sent all of the emails to the mistress.
Duchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #43
Mickey Fliers
(Not so)Tagless
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And sometimes, it rains"
Don't hate me for the love of the boy band

Location: Until the Navy says otherwise: Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post

I don't think it was Nolan who met her outside the psych ward. I think Emily/Amanda just wants Nolan to stay out of her way so he doesn't give her away or mess up her plans.

While I love the show, my biggest complaint is the dog. There is no way that Sam the dog is still alive!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #44
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Fliers View Post
I don't think it was Nolan who met her outside the psych ward. I think Emily/Amanda just wants Nolan to stay out of her way so he doesn't give her away or mess up her plans.

While I love the show, my biggest complaint is the dog. There is no way that Sam the dog is still alive!
It was Nolan.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #45
threecrazykids
DIS Veteran

I can't get enough of this show...it is by far my favorite show in such a long time! I too questioned at first how it could go on, but with TV anything this possible!

I never thought about Charlotte being her sister! OOOH, that's good! I do feel bad for Daniel, as I really think he likes Emily and has no idea what kind of a mess he's getting himself into.

I think the reason she is cold to Nolan is because she doesn't want anyone to interfere with her plan. She knows he's faithful to her and will do anything to help her out (and enjoys watching her pick them off one by one)...but she doesn't want ANYONE getting in her way.

She was kept in juvenile detention until she was 18 according to what I've seen so far. Some sort of lock up and Victoria made sure of it.

So...going back to the first show, when you see the person being killed on the beach, and then Victoria asks Emily "where the hell is my son"...do you believe the person who was killed was actually Daniel?

OR...was it maybe Conrad and they are just trying to throw us off? I just don't believe that they would show us from the get go the plot line they are leading us to believe (that Emily has Daniel killed on the beach during their engagement party).

And who were the 2 people who were on the beach getting ready to skinny dip? Declan and Charlotte?
I had it DVR'd and my son accidentally deleted it! I can go back and watch, but I'd like to see what everyone's take is on it?

And, was it Nolan who apparently killed Daniel on the beach?

I am going to have to watch that first episode on Hulu again!
threecrazykids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: