Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #31
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Hi Jillian!! Thanks so much for posting!! It's very exciting to have a fellow DCL bride with a similar timeline, so we can follow each others plans

It was great to get your insight regarding a Fantasmic DP!! I haven't found very many brides on the DIS that have selected that option, so it was wonderful to hear that they're fun events!! The DFTW planner didn't really give me any information on it (I think she's waiting until Feb to see what the availability for DP will be, and then presenting options), but I'm really hoping it's an option for a welcome party!! DF and I are on a bit of a budget (parents are helping a bit, but we're mainly paying for everything ourselves), so I'll have to see what costs will be before it's a sure thing, but I think it would be lots of fun.

How exciting to be a CM!! Do you love working at DHS? My younger sister was a CP at Splash Mountain for 6 months, and loved it--mostly for the ability to go into the parks on her days off though, I think

Your PJ is awesome!! I'm loving reading it thus far, and look forward to hearing more of your plans!

Happy Holidays!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #32
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Hi Ginger..... Thanks to you, I have decided to renew our vows at CC in 2014. I was hoping to do it at Disneyland in CA, but after reading through your PJ and seeing all of the excited brides to be joining in, CC is for us!

BONUS!!..... my family is sailing with you on the Dream for Halloween, and I'm sure we will run into each other at some point.

Can't wait to follow along and hear about everything.....

Cyndi

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #33
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Pinterest is the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me LOL

I super love your inspiration! The classic beach colors are so perfect. Nicely done! Are you going to do matching dresses for your bridesmaids? All solid colors or patterns? I hope you get to dress some unsuspecting little boy up as a sailor! haha
Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #34
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanash1 View Post
Hi Ginger..... Thanks to you, I have decided to renew our vows at CC in 2014. I was hoping to do it at Disneyland in CA, but after reading through your PJ and seeing all of the excited brides to be joining in, CC is for us!

BONUS!!..... my family is sailing with you on the Dream for Halloween, and I'm sure we will run into each other at some point.

Can't wait to follow along and hear about everything.....

Cyndi
Hi Cyndi!!
Thanks so much for posting! I'm so excited you and your DH have decided to do a CC VR!!! CC is such a beautiful and fun place; I'm sure you'll be very happy with your decision to have a ceremony there! Do you know if you will travel on the Dream or the Fantasy for it? Are you thinking of having an intimate VR or a larger event?? It'll be so great to have you as a fellow CC bride! I can't wait to hear more about your plans

If you haven't found it yet, there's a really great thread for DCL brides on the DIS: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1766164 All the DCL brides are really lovely and supportive, so it's a great resource.

I'm also thrilled to hear you will be on the same cruise as us!! Are you as excited as me to experience the Dream?? We'll definitely have to keep in touch this year
Old 01-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #35
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
Pinterest is the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me LOL

I super love your inspiration! The classic beach colors are so perfect. Nicely done! Are you going to do matching dresses for your bridesmaids? All solid colors or patterns? I hope you get to dress some unsuspecting little boy up as a sailor! haha
Hi Sarah!!
Thanks so much for posting! Just had a look at your PJ, and I am so impressed by your plans! From what I've seen thus far, you're going to have an absolutely beautiful wedding!!

It's so nice to hear you like my inspiration board! I'm not a very creative person by nature, so I've found the design component of wedding planning pretty challenging. Luckily, DCL weddings are pretty basic, so I don't have too much pretty on me. I'm just trying to come up with a few things that I can do to personalize the wedding a bit more. I really like the idea of doing classic beach colors, but without obvious beachy elements per say. Additionally, I'm going to try to pull in a few vintage travel details (as traveling has been such a huge part of our relationship) as well as elements reflecting our homes. It's an ever evolving concept though, so I may change my mind somewhat along the way

Because we're having an intimate wedding, I think I'll only have one bridesmaid--my younger sister. I really love prints as bridesmaid dresses, especially stripes, much to my sister's dismay. I showed her the dress in my inspiration board that has a kelly green top and navy stripes, and she practically ran out of the room. I didn't really consider that a skirt with bold horizontal stripes might not be the most flattering thing in the world... whoopsie So back to the drawing board with that... Definitely having at least one little boy (possibly as many as 4; sadly, no little girls in my family) in the wedding party, so I'll have to come up with something really cute and quirky for him to wear, hehe.

Awesome to hear you're a pinterest fan also! I would love to see your inspirations boards if you don't mind sharing
Old 01-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #36
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

An Update

I'm back in the US now!

It was extremely hard to leave my DF (who has to stay in Australia until his visa is approved), and the country I called home for the past 5 years, but I am adjusting. Timmy and I talk almost everyday (thank goodness for skype!), and it feels wonderful to be around my family again. My parents live on a cattle ranch in south eastern AL, and it's a wonderfully diverting place--working cattle, riding horses, fixing stuff on the property, etc. We're hoping my DF's visa will be approved in mid Feb, and we've tentatively booked him a ticket to arrive into on Feb 29. Once he gets here, we'll look for work, and decide where we'd like to live. So this is a big year for us--moving, new jobs, and getting married!

Another fun bit of news... Thanks to WDW's current hotel promotion, my sister and I have been inspired to make a trip down to Orlando. We're only going for 2 days (Feb 27 to 29), and then we have to head back to pick up DF from the airport, but it should be fun. We'll do our normal tearing around the parks, and hopefully also come up some possible desserts that could be served at the DP. So excited!!

Lastly, I had my Bachelorette/Hen's Party before I left Australia. It was tons of fun, and I'll be sure to post another update with details and some moderately embarrassing photos in the next couple of days
Old 02-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #37
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Bachelorette/Hen's Party

I had my Bachelorette Party or Hen's Night (as they refer to it in Australia) on November 18, 2011. Eventhough it was kinda early, my friends decided to throw me a Bachelorette Party while we were all still living in Australia. The party was hosted by my best friend who I met in vet school, Jess, and was a Jersey Shore theme (my favorite guilty pleasure show). The group was mostly vet school friends, but was also attended by my younger sister, Bre (who travelled all the way from the US to attend), and one of my future sisters-in-law, Chrissie. It was very much a traditional bachelorette party--drinks, limo ride, male dancers, and dancing--and it was fantastic. So without further ado, here are some embarrassing photos (I've tried to select photos with the minimal amount of phallus imagery)

To get in the "jersey" spirit, Jess, Bre and I started the day by getting our first spray tans. For someone that has the typical redhead complexion and can never tan (I'm excellent at burning or freckling though), it was quite a novel experience. We got a brand of spray tans that develop in only 3 hours, so it let us get tan quickly and lasted roughly a week. Bre took a photo of me to see how the tan would show up in photos while I was cuddling my bunny, Archie

The girls then arrived at my apartment for drinks and appetizers:

A hummer limo then came to pick us up to drive us around the city. More drinks were had and some very bad karaoke sung.

The limo dropped us off at Collars and Cuffs. I found the show to be absolutely hilarious--I don't think it's meant to be, but there's just something about a guy doing pelvic thrusts in a construction costume that makes me giggle. One of the dancers actually came over to our table to talk before the show, and of course, everyone had to get a drink at that point so I was left alone to make conversation. Let me just say... very awkward I think I ended up asking about the characters he plays during the show, and what motivated him to get into that particular profession... I know, smooth...haha.

Jess and I also showed off a few of our pole dancing moves that we had learned when we took a pole fitness class together. Unfortunately, Jess fell on top of me right after we took that photo

We finished off the night at one of our favorite bars. We had a blast dancing as a group and taking funny photos with the random guys that came up to us, e.g.

Overall, it was a fabulous night out with the ladies... The next day, however, nightmare hangover!!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #38
ehLandry
First Time Cruiser

Congratulations

I am so excited for you!
My family will be on the same exact cruise!! My husband and I are celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary (we were married on October 29).

Hope to see you on the ship!
ehLandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #39
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

How fun!! I love the spray tan, I have the exact same skin complection (without the benefits of the beautiful hair!). I got a spray tan and was so obsessed with my tan skin, I would just stare in the mirror at the tan line

Your "hen party" looks like so much fun, what a great group of girlfriends!

Sending good vibes on an early VISA approval!!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #40
ccbride412
Mouseketeer

Wow! Looks like you had a great time at your Bachelorette party! I hope everything works out with your DF's visa. Mine's going through the same thing right now and I know how frustrating it can be to wait and not know. Good thing you have a ranch to keep you busy! Time to start practicing all that vet stuff you learned huh?

WDW countless times with family and friends since I grew up down the road. With my fiance!-WDW May 21, 2010, DL Paris Jan 1, 2011 (just before he proposed) and our wedding/honeymoon Castaway Cay and WDW and DL April 3, 2012!! Probably DL Asia for our 5 year anniversary!

ccbride412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:02 AM   #41
rmicah53

Portrait photography Toowoomba

I really like your engagement story . Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #42
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Dessert Party Confirmed!

Sorry it's been so long in between updates!

I do have a bit of exciting news though. We're officially booked for a DP at Sago Cay on Saturday October 27!

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, due to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot, our options for a DP were limited to Wishes or Fantasmic for that particular date. We had initially hoped for Fantasmic (LOVE the show), but when it came time to book a venue, a bit of a hiccup occured. SCP was available to book, but the dates for Fantasmic had not been scheduled yet. We had a choice: I could either go ahead and book SCP (with the option that if Fantasmic turns out to be scheduled for that night, we may be able to switch to a Fantasmic DP later on) or hold out for Fantasmic (but if Fantasmic wasn't scheduled for that night, Disney couldn't guarantee a venue for the DP ). Ultimately, we decided it would be better to be safe than sorry, and I'm pretty happy we made that decision. The photos I've seen of DPs at SC from other brides are really gorgeous. Plus it's located on the water, so I think it'll tie back to the DCL wedding nicely.

I'm really excited about getting to plan an ancillary event to the CC wedding. One of the things that concerned DF and I about having a DCL wedding was the limited options for customization available. However, by adding a DP as a welcome event before the cruise, we'll be able to personalize the wedding a bit more and extend the festivities

Last edited by Freckledginger; 05-20-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:28 AM   #43
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Great news about the dessert party! I'm so glad we added it to ours. We will be at Sago cay as well! If you nt to add a personal touch, I highly reccomend ordering some custom napkins. Check out my pj for ours (prepare for the ridiculous)

Oh and I recommend the ap or website called shopstyle to help find a dress. It's a very customized search over tons of clothing websites so you can narrow down by color, style, size, price etc.

Happy planning!
Old 04-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #44
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

More Dessert Party Plans

Hi Everyone!
So we've been transferred from our DFTW planner to the coordinator, which means the planning of the DP has begun!

1) Food.
DF and I have decided to customize a dessert menu. Initially, Karen emailed me menu options, but none of them were exactly what we had envisioned. We then sat down, wrote down all our favorite desserts from WDW, and sent them to Karen for pricing and availability. We would like to spend roughly $35-40 pp, so it'll probably take some fiddling to get a menu in the correct price point.

The items we were interested in were:
- Bananas Foster Station
- Dole Whips
- Key Lime Pie Tarts
- Brown Derby Grapefruit Cake
- Mini-Napoleons
- Chocolate covered Strawberries
- Sunshine Food Fair Strawberry Shortcake
- Mini-Chocolate Mousses
- Mini Fruit Tarts
- Mini-Tiramisu

We'll definitely have the Bananas Foster Station (DF's favorite) and hopefully dole whips (one of my true loves in life ), but we're flexible on the rest of the menu. Hopefully we'll be able to have about 5 items or so...

2) Beverages.
As our cruise reception will be fairly simple, we've decided to offer drinks at this event for our guests. We were debating between BOC and packages, but Karen said we could base the number of packages ordered on our guests' beverage preferences. In other words, for our guests that do not drink alcohol, we can pay for just a soft drink package, and for those that do, we can buy one of the alcohol packages. This seems like a pretty good way to go as some of the guests that are attending are pretty enthusiastic drinkers We haven't decided on a particular package yet... It'll depend on where our menu is going to fall price wise.

We'd also like to offer sparkling wine/champagne (my favorite alcoholic drink), but none of the packages offer this. Karen said that bottles can be ordered in addition to the package, but they start at $37 a bottle + tax and service charges. I've heard about some brides bringing their own champagne, and then just being charged service charges + corkage. I think I'm going to look into this as I think we'd be able to get better champagne for the overall price. Will let you know what I discover!

3) Music.
DF and I would really like to have music at the event. I looked into having Wishes soundtrack piped in for the event, but then I found out that the charge for that would be $500 + tax. As much as I would love to do this, I really can't swing it with the budget. From what I've read in the Passporter's Guide to Disney Weddings (LOVE this book), private musicians would also be quite costly. I have noticed on the DIS that some brides have DFTW place an iPod setup at their receptions for music. I inquired about this option to Karen, and she said they could provide an iPod setup at SC for $350 including tax. I think we're going to go with that option, so we'll just have to come up with a playlist to run during the evening

4) Budget.
My parents have graciously offered to pay for the DP. It takes huge financial pressure off of us, and allows us to afford a nicer event than we would have been able to on our own. My father said around $3,000, so I'm shooting for that overall. I would really like to do some decor on the tables, so DF and I will probably pay for that.

5) Decor.
Depending on the size of the menu display, Karen said the GF usually sets up 5-8 tables. Decor items, such as chairs, centerpieces, specialty linens, etc, can be added. I'll probably go with the standard chairs/tables and linens to save money, but I'd really like to add centerpieces to the tables. I've been going through different options (there's some really neat light up ones that other brides have done), and will hopefully send Karen a couple choices this week to price out for me.

Dress shopping next week!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #45
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

[QUOTE=Freckledginger;43953060]I had my Bachelorette Party or Hen's Night (as they refer to it in Australia) on November 18, 2011. Eventhough it was kinda early, my friends decided to throw me a Bachelorette Party while we were all still living in Australia. The party was hosted by my best friend who I met in vet school, Jess, and was a Jersey Shore theme (my favorite guilty pleasure show). The group was mostly vet school friends, but was also attended by my younger sister, Bre (who travelled all the way from the US to attend), and one of my future sisters-in-law, Chrissie. It was very much a traditional bachelorette party--drinks, limo ride, male dancers, and dancing--and it was fantastic. So without further ado, here are some embarrassing photos (I've tried to select photos with the minimal amount of phallus imagery)

To get in the "jersey" spirit, Jess, Bre and I started the day by getting our first spray tans. For someone that has the typical redhead complexion and can never tan (I'm excellent at burning or freckling though), it was quite a novel experience. We got a brand of spray tans that develop in only 3 hours, so it let us get tan quickly and lasted roughly a week. Bre took a photo of me to see how the tan would show up in photos while I was cuddling my bunny, Archie

OMG, Loooove your bunny! I have a broken blue holland lop She's adorable, a pain in the butt, but I love her dearly!

How did the spray tan go? I'm terrified of getting one before my wedding... mainly because I don't want to look unnaturally colored, nor do I want it to rub off on my expensive white gown! I'm probably going to be BAD and "fake bake" for a few short sessions pre-wedding because I don't want to be DARK and I don't want to be too pale and get washed out (light blonde hair + white dress + pale skin seems like a scary combination) I'm lucky in that I tan very well with very little exposure!

I'm glad you booked a dinner party! I'm bummed for you that you couldn't arrange Fantasmic (perhaps I'm biased!!) but I understand wanting to get it solidly booked and not wanting to risk there not being a Fantasmic that evening! I think the Bananas Foster station sounds the best! Thinking about it is making me hungry! Where is your DP located? I've never heard of that location before. See? Even a CM who has worked for for 4 years still has the ability to learn more about Disney! hah!

I'm loving your updates! I've been a BAD BAD Bride and have been ignoring my boards lately... but I'm starting to post about some of my crafting things like favor bags, post it note holders, and even handmade soaps! Since I won't even bother filling out the wedding packet for Shanda until it's much closer to the date (Who knows? they may change things AGAIN! hah!) I feel like I need to be physically doing something to bide my time so I feel like I'm progressing!

Happy Planning!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: