Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #151
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Hi Ginger,

Happy belated birthday! I just finished reading your journal from start to finish. You've been so productive. Love your color choices,love that your working with DkDesign Diane's work is so beautiful and they will make such a wonderful keepsake. I honestly love everything you've been picking out we have similar tastes (that's why we are both going to be cruise brides). As for your rings I don't think you will need a notch in your setting. I have a knife edge 6 prong set solitair and a knife edge diamond set in platinum band. They are not notched and they sit flush. The diamond sits just high enough that they don't touch. Granted all jewellers are different but I'd double check if you think you will wear your band alone.. I posted a pic on the rings thread so you can see how close they sit.
Your dessert party plans sound amazing. I can't wait to see pictures. Everything is looking fab, keep posting :-)
Hi Evi!!
Thanks so much for reading my PJ and posting! It's great to hear from you!

I appreciate all the compliments regarding my plans. It's truly been a work in progress, and I just hope everything will turn out beautiful in the end From the bit I've read about your wedding, it sounds like it will be fantastic! Can't wait to see photos of it!

Thank you for the input/photo about the rings! I think the problem lies in that DF designed it to be set lower than a traditional six prong setting. The jeweler assures me that I will hardly notice the notch in the plain platinum band though. She's supposed to send me mock up's of the ring soon, so I'll let you all know how it turns out. Fingers crossed it looks good!

So excited you're planning a DP also!! Any ideas as to the types of desserts you'll include?? I found it to be a really fun part of the wedding to plan! It was just hard to narrow it down with all the yummy choices Disney offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Caught up! Stay safe! Have a good move.
Thanks so much!! Really appreciate you following along!

Finally made it safe and sound to Houston! Happy to be here! Now I just need to unpack, catch up with everyone's PJs, and get back into wedding planning mode!!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #152
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Finally caught up again. Your engagement photos are amazing! Just wow! If the rest are even half as lovely... wow.

I love that your hangers came with a little wire around the top with the date. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Your shoes are so fun and appropriate for a DCL wedding, so cute!

Hope your move went/is going well!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #153
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy View Post
I actually grew up in New Orleans... but I've been all over with school and different internships under my favorite chiropractors.

Oh bummer about the Wishes music. Of course they would be anal about it.. considering they sell the CD in the parks and everything Have everyone take out their smart phones with headphones on, hahahah... that would be funny.

I am a chiropractor- the boys tended to be cute, but they were jerks about halfway through school. I decided on a nice guy completely out of the profession. I had always thought I was going to marry a chiropractor, but Nick and I just clicked so well. It sucks though when we get off space mountain and I can adjust him but he can't adjust me! I feel so robbed

We aren't "planning" one quite yet, but we have a trip next weekend to WDW... and it's pretty well established we are getting engaged sometime that weekend. So, soon. That being said, I have already planned most of it. Looking at WP and ADH. Also seriously considering the American Pavilion in EPCOT, but not sure about $$$.

Where are you guys looking to live in Houston? I just moved from The Woodlands up to College Station, and The Woodlands was wonderful. It was like Disney without, well... Disney. And the parks. And costumed characters... And, well you get it. There was tons to do and the area is pristine.

War Eagle!!
Hey Chiropractor Boys are not all bad! I married me one!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #154
Goldeelox9

I love all of your updates and I am so thankful to have been able to help you with this awesome wedding! I can not wait to hear all about it!!!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Old 09-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #155
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Hey Ginger! Hope the move went well. I love the engagement photos...super cool. I had a friend who did some engagement pictures on a ranch, and they used a tractor... made me laugh (https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4105309_n.jpg). You'll fit right in to Texas!

Any update on the rings yet? I'll be down in Katy this weekend for some continuing ed stuff Maybe after you guys get married before we get too crazy into wedding planning, we should do a disbrides day with the boys!
Cmdbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #156
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Finally caught up again. Your engagement photos are amazing! Just wow! If the rest are even half as lovely... wow.

I love that your hangers came with a little wire around the top with the date. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Your shoes are so fun and appropriate for a DCL wedding, so cute!

Hope your move went/is going well!
Hi Nicole!
Thanks for posting! Good to hear from you!

Really appreciate the kind comments about our engagement photos! We were pleasantly surprised about how the preview photos turned out, and cannot wait to see the rest! It's so hard to be patient for these things... I cannot imagine what it's like to wait for wedding photos.

I am so happy with the wedding dress hangers! I had never seen the additional charm before either--besides wedding dates, she does hearts and other short phases (e.g. "I Do"). Pretty cute. Additional bonus is that the vendor is super nice. If you're in the market for a dress hanger, definitely check out her etsy page (EricaMayMade).

Thanks also for the compliments about my shoes! I like them I know they're pretty simple, but I think they'll do the job well.

The move went well! Happy to finally be settling into the new apartment. Now I've got the monumental task of unpacking all my stuff (ugh) from Australia. We just adopted a new kitten though, so she's keeping things interesting during the day. Her favorite thing is to find obscure hiding spots... yesterday's was Timmy's leather carry-on suitcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
I love all of your updates and I am so thankful to have been able to help you with this awesome wedding! I can not wait to hear all about it!!!
Thanks Lisa!! So nice of you to follow along, and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all your help! I simply would not have been able to do it without you!! You truly are the best!! I'll try to send out an email this week to all the guests reminding them to fill out their online check-in. Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy View Post
Hey Ginger! Hope the move went well. I love the engagement photos...super cool. I had a friend who did some engagement pictures on a ranch, and they used a tractor... made me laugh (https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4105309_n.jpg). You'll fit right in to Texas!

Any update on the rings yet? I'll be down in Katy this weekend for some continuing ed stuff Maybe after you guys get married before we get too crazy into wedding planning, we should do a disbrides day with the boys!
Hi Christie!
Thanks for the compliments about the engagement photos! It was funny... I kind of wanted to do atypical engagement photos (like glamorized/vintage versions of us working on the farm), but the photographer and the stylist gravitated toward the antique tractor and other shabby chic items we had on the farm. That's alright cause they still turned out pretty I think. Haha, I didn't even think to get on a tractor front end loader!! Missed opportunity!

Yeah, I did speak with the jeweller the other day! We're going with a knife-edge plain platinum band (due to a necessary notch being involved), and she sent me CAD's of the ring/how it will fit with my engagement ring. The actual engagement ring has a more subtle knife edge than what is represented, and they assured me they would match that in the band, so hopefully it all turns out okay. It's sort of hard for me to interpret how the ring will look from these things... Also, the notch looks relatively small, which was exciting for me to see!

I'd love to get together sometime after the wedding!! Just let me know when you're next in town, and we'll make it happen
Old 09-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #157
scootert
DIS Veteran

What an adorable kitten!! I'm sure you're already on top of this since you're a vet, but keep an eye on the washer, dryer and dishwasher -- little ones love to hide out in those. We had a very curious kitten who took a spin in the dishwasher - fortunately we were in the room and heard him. We rinsed him off and he was fine, but I'm sure he used one of his "nine lives" in that episode. He lived to the ripe old age of 18 and never lost his sense of curiousity.

Your plans look lovely - best wishes to you and your future DH
Old 09-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #158
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootert View Post
What an adorable kitten!! I'm sure you're already on top of this since you're a vet, but keep an eye on the washer, dryer and dishwasher -- little ones love to hide out in those. We had a very curious kitten who took a spin in the dishwasher - fortunately we were in the room and heard him. We rinsed him off and he was fine, but I'm sure he used one of his "nine lives" in that episode. He lived to the ripe old age of 18 and never lost his sense of curiousity.

Your plans look lovely - best wishes to you and your future DH
Thank you for the compliments; she is definitely a little cutie-pie I also very much appreciate your advice. Being a vet as well as having raised numerous kittens on our farm, I am well aware of the hi-jinx they can get into. We have a bell collar on Miss Moneypenny (our other cat is named Bond, so we needed a Bond character ), and I keep close tabs on her. I heard many horror stories in vet school regarding cats and laundry machines/dishwashers. I'm so glad your kitty emerged unscathed, and lived to such a grand old age. That's fantastic!

Thank you for following my PJ!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #159
Goldeelox9

Your engagement pictures were amazing. Jess did such a good job!

What a cute Kitty! Have fun unpacking. I moved 3 years ago and still have boxes in the basement. LOL

Old 09-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #160
JessieGlitter
Earning My Ears

Ok first off, cutest kitten ever!! I would become a crazy cat lady and adopt every cat I met if my DF would let me!

Darling shoes! They are just fantastic and so so fitting!! Anddd I adore your engagement shots!! The photographer did an amazing job and you both are adorable!

Can't wait to keep reading!! Loving all your updates!
JessieGlitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #161
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
Your engagement pictures were amazing. Jess did such a good job!

What a cute Kitty! Have fun unpacking. I moved 3 years ago and still have boxes in the basement. LOL
Thanks so much Lisa!! Jess is an amazing photographer. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her work. She truly just has a gift. Really looking forward to working with her again on the DP and wedding.

Haha, Penny is a cutie. Unfortunately, she's going through a bit of an evil stage right now. Attacking our feet all the time, and being difficult about getting weaned from the bottle. Luckily, she's adorable, so I can't stay mad at her for long

Yeah, moving is not so much fun... I'm having a hard time dividing my time between unpacking, looking for a job, and all the wedding planning. It'll all get done eventually I suppose, but how long it'll take who knows... haha

How are things going up North?? Been busy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieGlitter View Post
Ok first off, cutest kitten ever!! I would become a crazy cat lady and adopt every cat I met if my DF would let me!

Darling shoes! They are just fantastic and so so fitting!! Anddd I adore your engagement shots!! The photographer did an amazing job and you both are adorable!

Can't wait to keep reading!! Loving all your updates!
Hey Jessica! Good to hear from you again!
Thanks so much for the compliments about Miss Moneypenny! I also think she's as cute as a button, but I'm a bit biast I know what you mean about the inclination to become a crazy cat lady! It's hard to say no to those cute little faces. Our pets truly rule our household

I appreciate your kind words about our engagement photos! We had a lot of fun taking them--it was nice to just run around the farm posing for photos Jess is a fantastic photographer! I'm very lucky to have her!

Should have some more updates soon! My planning got a bit stifled with the move, but with only 7 weeks to go, I'm back on it My dress has arrived into the Bridal Salon in Atlanta, so I have my first fitting scheduled there on Sept 21. I also have a few welcome bag goodies ordered that should arrive soon. The next big task is the ceremony.... Since we're bringing our own officiant, I've got to organize all that. I'm a bit intimidated by it, but I know I've got to just do it. Maybe next week... haha.

Hope your plans are going well!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #162
Evi
DIS Veteran

Hi Ginger,

I love that they sent you the ring designs how cool is that. Good to hear that the move went smoothly and very cute kitten.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #163
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Hi Nicole!
Thanks for posting! Good to hear from you!

Really appreciate the kind comments about our engagement photos! We were pleasantly surprised about how the preview photos turned out, and cannot wait to see the rest! It's so hard to be patient for these things... I cannot imagine what it's like to wait for wedding photos.

I am so happy with the wedding dress hangers! I had never seen the additional charm before either--besides wedding dates, she does hearts and other short phases (e.g. "I Do"). Pretty cute. Additional bonus is that the vendor is super nice. If you're in the market for a dress hanger, definitely check out her etsy page (EricaMayMade).

Thanks also for the compliments about my shoes! I like them I know they're pretty simple, but I think they'll do the job well.

The move went well! Happy to finally be settling into the new apartment. Now I've got the monumental task of unpacking all my stuff (ugh) from Australia. We just adopted a new kitten though, so she's keeping things interesting during the day. Her favorite thing is to find obscure hiding spots... yesterday's was Timmy's leather carry-on suitcase

Your kitten is so adorable! I think I may have squealed a little when I saw the photo. So cuuute!

Also, I am in the market for a dress hanger and have been looking at all the many sellers on etsy, not sure who I should go for. Thank you for sharing your seller, I think I'll definitely check them out, seeing how nicely yours turned out that that you had a good experience!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #164
ccbride412
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
-Cake: Touch of Romance Design with a custom cake topper (will be designed this month, so stay tuned for more on this). Top tier will be vanilla with white chocolate mousse and bottom tier will be marble with raspberry butter cream
Ooh! Customer cake topper! Can't wait to see it! We had a Disney Lenox topper which was a *tiny* bit over the weight limit, but we got it anyway since Shanda approved and it *is* a Disney topper after all! The Touch of Romance is really pretty, you'll love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
I did Touch of Character cake with white cake both layers, the top filled with milk chocolate caramel and the bottom with raspberry butter cream! I'm sure all I'll get of that teeny cake is the one bite that Michael feeds me- that's usually what happens from what I hear!
I only got a teeny bit of our cake I was really disappointed! I was given a full piece later on for myself, but I wasn't as impressed with that flavor as I was with our top tier, so I gave it to someone else. Ugh! Our top was marble with the milk chocolate caramel=AMAZING!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about both of your weddings ladies!

WDW countless times with family and friends since I grew up down the road. With my fiance!-WDW May 21, 2010, DL Paris Jan 1, 2011 (just before he proposed) and our wedding/honeymoon Castaway Cay and WDW and DL April 3, 2012!! Probably DL Asia for our 5 year anniversary!

ccbride412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #165
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Hi Ginger,

I love that they sent you the ring designs how cool is that. Good to hear that the move went smoothly and very cute kitten.
Thanks Evi! I appreciate you following along!

Yeah, technology is amazing nowadays. Brilliant Earth uses CAD to render computer drawings of the rings. Guess it's more efficient than drawing it by hand. I got an email from the company the other day letting me know they had received my final payment, and that my ring would be shipped next week most likely! So that's exciting

How are your plans going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Your kitten is so adorable! I think I may have squealed a little when I saw the photo. So cuuute!

Also, I am in the market for a dress hanger and have been looking at all the many sellers on etsy, not sure who I should go for. Thank you for sharing your seller, I think I'll definitely check them out, seeing how nicely yours turned out that that you had a good experience!
Thanks Nicole I thought you would get a kick out of seeing her. She's very adorable and super mischievous--deadly combination. Her new favorite thing is attacking my fingers while I'm typing on the computer

There is such choice on esty for dress hangers! I found it quite overwhelming. Everyone on there seems to do brilliant work though, so I don't think you'll go wrong with whoever you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbride412 View Post
Ooh! Customer cake topper! Can't wait to see it! We had a Disney Lenox topper which was a *tiny* bit over the weight limit, but we got it anyway since Shanda approved and it *is* a Disney topper after all! The Touch of Romance is really pretty, you'll love it!

I only got a teeny bit of our cake I was really disappointed! I was given a full piece later on for myself, but I wasn't as impressed with that flavor as I was with our top tier, so I gave it to someone else. Ugh! Our top was marble with the milk chocolate caramel=AMAZING!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about both of your weddings ladies!
I loved your cake topper Meaghan! It was so gorgeous! Do you have it displayed somewhere in your home now? I'm glad to hear that Disney isn't overly anal about the weight as long as the cake topper is approved. Our cake topper hasn't been completed yet, so I was only able to send in a photo of one that is similar to what ours will be. Hopefully it won't be too heavy though!

I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy much of your cake! I have a huge sweet tooth, so I'm determined to get to eat at least a small piece of each tier What was your flavor for your bottom tier again? Marble with milk chocolate caramel sounds amazing! It's a pitty that we can't elect to do little cakes/petit-fours, so we could have a bit of each flavor combination

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: