Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2011, 12:13 AM   #46
BrisMommy
Earning My Ears

we leave sunday we cant wait
BrisMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #47
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing. We leave December 11th for our cruise and are looking forward to our 2nd cruise (first with Disney).
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #48
happypooh
DIS Veteran

I'd love the resort name info too please if you don't mind PMing me!! We leave in November and can't wait! Also trying to figure out Las Caletas vs. the ziplining company...I'd love to zipline too and I don't know if adults can zip at Las Caletas...plus my 6y old son would love to go too!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #49
buffy321
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for your report. We are traveling with a group of 12 so it was great to hear you experiences. I hope our pictures turn out as great as yours.
buffy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #50
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Location: Los Alamitos (Rossmoor), but most of the time we are at Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypooh View Post
I'd love the resort name info too please if you don't mind PMing me!! We leave in November and can't wait! Also trying to figure out Las Caletas vs. the ziplining company...I'd love to zipline too and I don't know if adults can zip at Las Caletas...plus my 6y old son would love to go too!
Las Caletas Zip lining is only for the younger kids, no adults aloud.
I sent the cabo resort info to you, enjoy....
LimoFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #51
Double Trouble
Ready for Vacation!

Cabo Beach Resort

Could you please PM me the Cabo Beach Resort info? Thanks!

Also...what were your actual port times in Cabo? The Captain changed ours last time so just wondering? Did you actually sail out of the bay between Cabo Day 1 and 2, or did you stay put? How far out were you for Pirate Night fireworks? Was it easy to get a tender without a DCL excursion, or did you have to wait?

Awesome Report...Thank you!

Apr 2014, Disney Fantasy, Western Caribbean, 7-day, Spring Break
Oct 2013, Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean 7-day, Just Because
Jun 2013, Disney Magic, Mediterranean 12-day (Inaugural Greece/Turkey), Father's Day
May 2013, Disney Wonder, Pacific Coast Northbound Repo 7-day, Memorial Day
Nov 2012, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Thanksgiving
Apr 2012, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Spring Break
Dec 2011, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 8-day, Christmas
Apr 2011, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 10-day, Easter/Earth Day, Spring Break
Jun 2010, Mariner of the Seas, Pacific Coast 7-day (it's not Disney, but it was dirt cheap...so we went)
Apr 2009, Disney Magic, Western Caribbean 7-day, Earth Day, Spring Break
Jun 2008, Disney Magic, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Father's Day
Oct 2007, Disney Magic, Eastern Caribbean 7-day, Halloween
Many others (non-DCL) before the DD's came along
Double Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #52
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
Could you please PM me the Cabo Beach Resort info? Thanks!

Also...what were your actual port times in Cabo? The Captain changed ours last time so just wondering? Did you actually sail out of the bay between Cabo Day 1 and 2, or did you stay put? How far out were you for Pirate Night fireworks? Was it easy to get a tender without a DCL excursion, or did you have to wait?

Awesome Report...Thank you!

Cabo port times were as below...roughly....
Day 1: 11am - 7pm
Day 2: 7am - 1:30pm

On both days we were off the ship within and half hour of the first tender. We did not have a Disney arranged activity and it was not hard at all to get a tender at all. They did have a tender process which was to go to the movie theater with your whole party to wait for the next tender. The longest I remember waiting was NO more then 5 minutes.
We did the resort day pass on the first day in Cabo, it allowed for more time under the sun.....and the second day we spent the time in town town having breakfast and shopping.

We did travel out to sea between days at Cabo, how far out to sea I have not idea.........

I will PM resort info.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #53
swx72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoFam5 View Post
Cabo port times were as below...roughly....
Day 1: 11am - 7pm
Day 2: 7am - 1:30pm

On both days we were off the ship within and half hour of the first tender. We did not have a Disney arranged activity and it was not hard at all to get a tender at all. They did have a tender process which was to go to the movie theater with your whole party to wait for the next tender. The longest I remember waiting was NO more then 5 minutes.
We did the resort day pass on the first day in Cabo, it allowed for more time under the sun.....and the second day we spent the time in town town having breakfast and shopping.

We did travel out to sea between days at Cabo, how far out to sea I have not idea.........

I will PM resort info.
I think we only went out far enough to get into international waters so that they can open the shops and for them to be able to use the fireworks too.

Just joined DVC
Disney Wonder: Mexican Riviera 09/25/11-10/02/11 (Trip Report)

swx72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #54
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris-co View Post
Wonderful trip report! We are doing this cruise in January. Could you please PM me the Cabo resort info as well! Thanks!
Were going in Jan too, can you PM the info too?
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #55
tiggerandme
Earning My Ears

Great report!!!! Your girls looked adorable, you are awesomely creative.

I'd love the Cabo resort info also. We're sailing on 11/6 on the Wonder!!! Soooo excited!
tiggerandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #56
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

now that I'm off my phone and can type easier I really enjoyed your TR! We have 11 of us going in January, from 7 years old to 85yrs old. None of us has ever cruised, and we are all super excited. I'm going to try all 3 Palo options, (if we can) and that works great, b/c DH wanted a quiet dinner one night alone, but we are bring our parents, and I felt bad leaving them out of Palo. Now we can bring them for Brunch
One of my Q's is about teens. My son will be almost 17...and is pretty "17" if ya know what I mean- wondering if the teen club is fun for the older teens?
Thanks for the info,
Amber
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #57
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
now that I'm off my phone and can type easier I really enjoyed your TR! We have 11 of us going in January, from 7 years old to 85yrs old. None of us has ever cruised, and we are all super excited. I'm going to try all 3 Palo options, (if we can) and that works great, b/c DH wanted a quiet dinner one night alone, but we are bring our parents, and I felt bad leaving them out of Palo. Now we can bring them for Brunch
One of my Q's is about teens. My son will be almost 17...and is pretty "17" if ya know what I mean- wondering if the teen club is fun for the older teens?
Thanks for the info,
Amber
Well all teens are a bit different soooo that is a hard one to answer. My brother is 15 going on 16 in less then a month and he had a good time in the teen club.....after the first day on the ship he was hardley ever seen.....he made tons of friends and was out everynight until 3am and on the very last night he did not get back into the room until 730am or sooooo......I have NO IDEA what he was doing but he wasnt getting into trouble soooooo it was fine by me and my sister that he was out and having a good time. I know that kinda sounds bad but forgive me I am his sister not his mother and as long as he answered the wave phone when we called and there were NO reports of him causing or getting caught up in any trouble I am glad he had a BLAST!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #58
Love10s
Earning My Ears

We are cruising in January and would love the name of the hotel/resort for Cabo. Will you please PM me. THANK YOU!!
Love10s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #59
bronwyn
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the super fun trip report! Could you also PM me the Cabo resort information? Appreciate it
Old 11-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #60
Moby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoFam5 View Post
Parasailing cost info is below.........
The cost was $35.00 per person who participated and you can either go up one at a time, two at a time or three at a time.....it's up to you, each additional person who wanted to go along on the boat for a ride had to pay $10.00 I of course negotiated this down to $5.00 per person. Well worth the money and TONS of FUN!!!
Do you have any idea what the weight limit is if 2-3 people ride together? My 13 yo might be interested but would probably prefer to ride with my husband or myself. Thanks!
Moby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: