Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #31
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Location: Los Alamitos (Rossmoor), but most of the time we are at Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicadern View Post
I'm actually leaving tomorrow (Sunday - 10/9) on this trip and am so excited! If you get this message in time, would you mind PMing me the name of the resort in Cabo as well? Thank you so much for all your advice - much appreciated.
Monica

Hey no problem I just sent u the PM with the info.
I hope your cruise is just as fun as ours, my in laws will be on that same cruise. It is their first Disney cruise n they r sooooo excited!!
LimoFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #32
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Update...

My in-laws just checked in and were made aware that due to a storm / weather there has been a change to the MR intinerary.

Sunday - Sea
Monday - Sea
Tuesday - Cabo
Wed. - Cabo
Thurs - Sea
Friday - Sea
Saturday - Ensenada
Sunday - Home

I am currently scrambling to try and find something nice for them to do in Ensenada, you future MR cruisers may want to get a back up plan on the burners just in case one of your stops are replaced with Ensenada.

I can tell u first hand Ensenada has very very little to offer... I have been there before and if put in the position of having my itinerary change I would probably stay on the ship.... That is just my personal preference.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #33
EnchantedTikiGal
Running on Tiki Time

Love your trip report! What a great fun trip with a big group.. I wish I could convince some family to go with us! lol..

I'd also love the name of the resort please, sounds like that is a fabulous deal!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #34
netsirkx2
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much! Can you also PM the Cabo info?
staying busy PM-ing everyone this huh?
netsirkx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #35
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Updated

Added a few pictures of my daughter with some Las Caletas residents.....
Old 10-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #36
netsirkx2
Earning My Ears

Awesome Pirate outfits on the girls! Where did you get them? ALso did you notice if they still do teatime with Alice on board? where you have to get special tickets at guest services?

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #37
kindsoul73
Mouseketeer

Wow, we are going on Sunday and I have been really worries about the storm/hurricane as well. I hope it clears up so we can go to PV! Especially since we have the pirate excursion booked.
Thank you so much for your report! Just what I needed! I don't want to miss a thing! Could you please PM me the name of the resort in Cabo as well? I'd like to do that.
Also- I have written down your name for the DVC. I will give it to them. So excited!!! Thanks!
P.S. What is the deal with fish extenders? Necessary?
kindsoul73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #38
Jennifer in MI
DIS Veteran

Hello! We were on this cruise with you and I've been taking snippets of your report and sending them to a friend who is taking this cruise next year.

My friend would also like the name of the resort in Cabo. Do you mind PMing me the name?

Thanks!!!!

Jennifer in MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #39
swx72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travispete View Post
Hi. Any noticeable upgrades on Wonder because of the recent drydock? Thanks!
I was on this same cruise although it was our first cruise we'd seen a number of posts asking the same question. From talks with staff members etc I think the bulk of the upgrades that were made during time in dry dock were behind the scenes ie plumbing; better internet access provided for staff etc.

Just joined DVC
Disney Wonder: Mexican Riviera 09/25/11-10/02/11 (Trip Report)

swx72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #40
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsirkx2 View Post
Awesome Pirate outfits on the girls! Where did you get them? ALso did you notice if they still do teatime with Alice on board? where you have to get special tickets at guest services?

Thanks!
They offer a party of sorts with the characters. This was referred to as tea with friends I believe.... This is completely separate from the character breakfast and YES you do need a special admission ticket to participate. My suggestion would be to head straight to customer service desk once on board and ask if there are ANY special character interaction events like, tea.........
We have been on several cruises and it seems like it is always called something different.....
Princess tea party
Tea with Mad Hatter
Tea with Alice and friends

Good luck!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #41
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Girls Pirate Costumes....

I have had several PM's regarding this so I thought I would post the answer.
The girls pirate costume is actually a pirate dress that I tweaked..... Instead of them wearing as a dress I put 2 tutu's over the bottom part of the dress, one red and then a black one on top, so only the top part of the dress was showing. They r wearing thigh high socks that I got from a halloween costume store and the shoes are calf high sketchers that are covered in black sequins they look like they r lace up but they r not they have zippers to zip up the shoe. The eye patch I also got from a Halloween store and then I used a hot glue gun to put some bling on it.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #42
netsirkx2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoFam5 View Post
I have had several PM's regarding this so I thought I would post the answer.
The girls pirate costume is actually a pirate dress that I tweaked..... Instead of them wearing as a dress I put 2 tutu's over the bottom part of the dress, one red and then a black one on top, so only the top part of the dress was showing. They r wearing thigh high socks that I got from a halloween costume store and the shoes are calf high sketchers that are covered in black sequins they look like they r lace up but they r not they have zippers to zip up the shoe. The eye patch I also got from a Halloween store and then I used a hot glue gun to put some bling on it.

GREAT! I'm going to use tutus as well, I just couldn't figure out how you did the tops! AH HA!

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #43
IceSk8ersMom
DIS Veteran

Great report! I am getting so excited for my MR cruise.

Your girls are darling! I love their matching outfits especially their pirate tutus and their embarkation outfits! Love the Minnie bows!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #44
barnesfamily5
Earning My Ears

question about Las Calaetas excursion

You mentioned kids can zipline ... do you recall how much $$ that is and the ages of kids who can zipline ? I have a 13 year old and 2 -16 year olds who would love to do this.
barnesfamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #45
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesfamily5 View Post
You mentioned kids can zipline ... do you recall how much $$ that is and the ages of kids who can zipline ? I have a 13 year old and 2 -16 year olds who would love to do this.

Well from what I remember the ages was 3-11 years old, it is a kids canopy adventure. I think it was $20 additional but I am not positive. I didn't even bother asking as my kids were more interested in the paddle and snorkeling.........sorry. If you are interested in a zip lining adventure I have heard nothing but great things about Los Veranos in Puerto Vallarta, they even showed the President of Mexico and his kids doing this adventure on a show called "Mexico, the Royal Tour".

http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/

Last edited by LimoFam5; 10-17-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: