Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #16
ddd100
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for your trip report, it looks like you all has so much fun!

Just one question if you don't mind, when you said pay Cash in Mexico, do you mean US$ or should we get some pesos?
Is it not safe to use your credit card?

We are from Australia, so I just wanted to check. Thanks.
ddd100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #17
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Location: Los Alamitos (Rossmoor), but most of the time we are at Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemoms View Post
SO GLAD YOU POSTED THIS> I have been waiting for a report so Thank you.
We are on the cruise next week. Just a "sisters trip" I am the only one who has sailed Disney so I can't wait to take them.
so questions... Rocky days?? Like how rocky were they?
I was told by my sister and friends that they thought it was rocking back n forth a bit much the first day or two but having been on a cruise before I did not really notice, I mean that is what ships do after all in the ocean......LOLThe weather, it looks hot and humid and rainy?? But I still can't wait, just wondering if its really rainy, like raincoat weather, or just live with the rain its barely raining wet.
The weather was GREAT.....we also check the forcast and saw rain showers scattered throughout our week at both PV and Cabo but we really lucked out. We were told that the day before we got to PV it rained HARD non stop but on the day we were there it was nothing but clear skies. It was hot but if you are by the pool or at the beach you wont even notice it.

The movies what were they? Cars 2 3D, Lion King 3D, The new pirates of the carribean movie, Fright Night, The Help, and some Disney Classics of course, there could be some I am missing but to be honest this time around I did not have time to watch a movie, with such a large group there was always something going on.....

When we checked in online, it said we had a 1:00 boarding time? I am always done with Parrot Cay by that time? Do you know do we have to go at the time they tell you? I have never been given a time before?? Any pointers on how we can move our time up?
Well I am not sure how to answer this one, we had a check in time at port of 10am and my sister had a check in time at 10:30am we BOTH were able to check in before these assigned times. Following check in you go to the x-ray machines and waiting area, right outside of this area you will be handed a boarding number, the lower your number the sooner you board........so if you can complete check in process ASAP and this way you can head over and get a boarding number. I can say for a fact were were on this ship well before 1pm......and yes done with Parrot Cay by this time. I would say arrive to the PORT as early as possible but I would say it is just a waste getting their before 9am......they usually dont let people in before 10am, but again on our cruise they let my family in at 9:40am or so. Porters will be at the port at this time and will be mainly helping people with baggage who are coming OFF the ship HOWEVER if you tell them you are BOARDING they can take you bag for you. They did this for us and our bags arrived to our room A OK......
I just can't wait to get on the ship. I did the Wonder last July for a 5 day, and even tho it was extremely humid, I just LOVED it.
I would love to be upgraded, but every time I ask the answer is no. I need to be apart of your group
For upgrades following the initial check in head over to the supervisors desk just to double check about upgrades.....it cant hurt to double check......DO NOT take your check in cast members word for it.....I have been there and done that and I always get the same answer...."the cruise is SOLD OUT and NO UPGRADES available".........the one time I did double check this with the supervisors desk the check in cast member was WRONG!!!We probably won't do any resorts or beach things, we are all on limited budgets, so just experiencing the ship is going to be GREAT for my sisters..
Oh, I can hardly stand it...Can't wait
Hope this helps!!! Enjoy!!!

Update****** If you are set to leave on the 9th then you will be on the cruise with my in laws.......

Last edited by LimoFam5; 10-04-2011 at 11:07 AM.
LimoFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #18
kris-co
Mouseketeer

Wonderful trip report! We are doing this cruise in January. Could you please PM me the Cabo resort info as well! Thanks!
kris-co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #19
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd100 View Post
Thanks so much for your trip report, it looks like you all has so much fun!

Just one question if you don't mind, when you said pay Cash in Mexico, do you mean US$ or should we get some pesos?
Is it not safe to use your credit card?

We are from Australia, so I just wanted to check. Thanks.
ALWAYS carry US CASH in MEXICO......you don't want to use a credit card in MEXICO if you can at all avoid it. The Hotel where we did the day pass at accepted it so NO NEED for a credit card there. ALso having some small bills like 1's and 5's can help with your shopping when it comes down to buying stuff in Mexico most everything is up for negotiation......if they say $20.00 and you say NO and you are able to pull out $12.00 in CASH and say "this all I have"......well then 9 times out of 10 you just got yourself a deal.......If they think they are taking your last dollars and you REALLY have NO MORE money to work with they may take your offer...........
I am sure it is probably safe to use your CC in Mexico, but with us only being there for two days I didnt want ot use my credit card at the resort for the day pass, I would rather have cash and pay cash to elimintate the possibility of my CC being charged later in error......

Last edited by LimoFam5; 10-04-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #20
deebs
DIS Veteran

I'd also love the hotel name and day pass info (rates) for Cabo.
We are on the 11/20 sailing.

Also, how much were you charged for the parasailing...My kids would love that.

Looks like a great trip!
Thanks!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #21
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

PM me for resort info if you are interested......

Parasailing cost info is below.........
The cost was $35.00 per person who participated and you can either go up one at a time, two at a time or three at a time.....it's up to you, each additional person who wanted to go along on the boat for a ride had to pay $10.00 I of course negotiated this down to $5.00 per person. Well worth the money and TONS of FUN!!!

Last edited by LimoFam5; 10-04-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #22
1DCL11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebs View Post
I'd also love the hotel name and day pass info (rates) for Cabo.

Thanks!
Me too ! We are on the 10/22 sailing !! CANT WAIT !
Old 10-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #23
bgkpw
Mouseketeer

Loved your TR. Can you also PM the resorts name in Cabo? Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #24
yesnikkiroxx
Earned My Ears and work for the MOUSE!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoFam5 View Post
Great pool resort and direct beach access!!! I PM'd you the rest. Enjoy!!!
I would love a PM about the info. i will be going on 10/16!!!
yesnikkiroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #25
mousefan5
Mouseketeer

I would be interested in the resort info also. Could you PM the info? Did you arrange this with the resort prior to arrival (make reservations) or did you just show up?
mousefan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #26
TM13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Great pool resort and direct beach access!!! I PM'd you the rest. Enjoy!!!
Can I get that PM as well? We're leaving on the 9th and would love to do something like you described.
TM13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #27
ddd100
Mouseketeer

Quote:
ALWAYS carry US CASH in MEXICO......you don't want to use a credit card in MEXICO if you can at all avoid it. The Hotel where we did the day pass at accepted it so NO NEED for a credit card there. ALso having some small bills like 1's and 5's can help with your shopping when it comes down to buying stuff in Mexico most everything is up for negotiation......if they say $20.00 and you say NO and you are able to pull out $12.00 in CASH and say "this all I have"......well then 9 times out of 10 you just got yourself a deal.......If they think they are taking your last dollars and you REALLY have NO MORE money to work with they may take your offer...........
I am sure it is probably safe to use your CC in Mexico, but with us only being there for two days I didnt want ot use my credit card at the resort for the day pass, I would rather have cash and pay cash to elimintate the possibility of my CC being charged later in error......
Thanks so much LimoFam5, you have been so helpful.
ddd100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #28
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Some added information and suggestions

A few more tid bits…..

Onboard there is soooo much to do everyday I would just suggest that you check each night the navigators and try and pin point which activities you definitely want to do so you can work it into your day plans. On suggestion would be if you are not a DVC member I would suggest trying to attend one presentation on DVC membership……these will be advertised throughout your cruise. We are DVC members since 2004 and love it!!! There are endless vacation possibilities when it comes to owning DVC. The presentations are fun and include free “adult” drinks and you are entered into a drawing to win onboard credit….I think it is 2 or 3 hundred dollars. If you enjoy the presentation and want to learn more I HIGHLY suggest setting up a meeting, some of the best prices and offers to buy into DVC are offered on the ship, the DVC reps are not at all pushy so don’t feel like you have to buy if you set up a meeting, they are really only there to give you more information on what DVC is about and how affordable it is for pretty much anyone’s budget. DVC likes to reward their current members for referring guest so if you do decide to go and take a listen please mention my name Ninette Limosnero, but do not feel at all pressured to go or purchase I am really only sharing because I love love love DVC and wished someone would have shared it with me a lot sooner.

Another suggestion would be to let the kids and adults take advantage of “Dine and Play” this is a service offered to people who have late dining assigned (8:15pm). When you arrive to your table you let your waiter know that the kids are going to “dine and play” this means that the waiter will hustle to get the kids order in and out so that when 9-9:15pm roll around they are free to go play……..in each dining room at around 9-9:15pm a youth counselor will show up and kids can go up to that counselor and check in for the kids club. The counselor will check them in and after a few minutes all the kids who participated in this service will be taken to the kids club (there is NO extra charges). This allows the parents to enjoy their dinner at a slower pace without having to worry about the kids and how they are done and ready to go. Parents get to have some “adult” time with adult conversation. Disney is all about making sure the whole family has a nice, fun, relaxing and memorable vacation, and this is just another perk of cruising Disney.

Also in my TR I mentioned about taking on wine, and beer, again you can take as much as you want as long as the bag or cooler you are transporting it in has NO ICE and fits through the x-ray machine.
For beer I suggest purchasing a Disney Beer mug, it is $13 or $15 and once your purchase it, it is yours to keep at the end of the cruise. Every time you are done with the beer from the mug your turn your mug in and they waiter will give you a ticket, the ticket he gives you is for you to use the next time you need a mug. You will turn that ticket in and the waiter will give you a clean and chilled mug. Just remember to turn that ticket in one last time before you get off the ship so you can take your purchased beer mug home. It is yours to keep!!
For wine I suggest popping the cork BEFORE you leave your room for dinner and then putting cork back in, if you ask the dinning room to do it they will charge you a corking fee of $15.00……..every night we popped the cork to our wine and took it with us to the dinner, our waiter did not charge us a corking fee and provided us with wine glasses, he even put our whites on ice.
I have however heard that some waiters are not so easy going, if the wine is not from Disney and even if it is uncorked they will still charge you for bringing it in to dining room. I say try my first suggestion once and if no charge then GREAT, if they charge you next time all you do if pour yourselves a glass and walk into dinner with a glass of wine…….they can NOT say anything this way and I see lots of people who stroll in with glasses of wine.

My other dinner suggestion would be DO NOT line up outside your restaurant before 8:15pm or your assigned dinner time. I never understood this, your table is assigned and it is not going anywhere so I never saw the point in lining up and waiting. My party and I always strolled in right around 8:20-8:25pm or so….NO line to stand in and NO waiting…..
Also if you are in late dining and have your eye on a show or movie or event following dinner dont be shy, tell your waiter they are sooo kind and will understanding they will speed things along for you so you dont miss a moment of the "Disney Magic".

If I think of anything else I will for sure post it.

I am open to questions you can either PM me or post it here.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:49 AM   #29
TM13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I am open to questions you can either PM me or post it here.
Apparently, I have to have 10 posts before I can PM you back. So thanks for the tips!
TM13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #30
monicadern
Earning My Ears

Mind PMing me too?

I'm actually leaving tomorrow (Sunday - 10/9) on this trip and am so excited! If you get this message in time, would you mind PMing me the name of the resort in Cabo as well? Thank you so much for all your advice - much appreciated.
Monica
monicadern is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: