Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #1442
KatMark
DIS Veteran

How cool that they decorate Living with the Land for the holidays...I love it.

I meant to stop at that counter outside Epcot in January and totally forgot. Glad to hear that they have good snacks.

Can't wait to hear what you had at the Gurgling Suitcase.
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2012, 04:56 AM   #1443
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I didn't know that Living with the Land was decorated for Christmas. How cute! I am with you, though -- not entirely convinced the lily pads are completely edible.

Poor Mary Ellen -- trapped in Captain EO for thirty minutes. No wonder you needed pooltime and an adult beverage afterwards.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #1444
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

What?? How could Nick and Denny not want to go on Figment?? Hahaha now between that and EO they probably won't want to enter that entire Imagination area of the park anymore!

At least you gave it a try! I think Captain EO is funny for the cheese factor, but not much else!

I always wondered if the pastries at that kiosk were any good! I'm glad to hear that they are!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #1445
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Great update! Love your pictures from Living with the Land! How cute is was decorated for Christmas, too.

Never done Captain EO and not sure we ever will.

Wow, you took pictures on Test Track! You are one brave woman. Not sure I could do that. That ride jerks me to death.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #1446
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
What?? How could Nick and Denny not want to go on Figment?? Hahaha now between that and EO they probably won't want to enter that entire Imagination area of the park anymore!

At least you gave it a try! I think Captain EO is funny for the cheese factor, but not much else!

I always wondered if the pastries at that kiosk were any good! I'm glad to hear that they are!
Quote:
Personally, I'm a figment fan and I hope my nephews like it! But I am definitely not taking them on Captain EO. And I wonder how long Disney will play it before they replace it with something else. I mean the theatre is nice and it would be great to see a 4D presentation in there.

Quote:
Yes - it WAS cheesy alright! Major cheese factor!

Quote:
The pastry that Nick got was huge and it was very reasonable. Now I know where I can get breakfast the next time I go to Epcot. Everything looked delish!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #1447
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great pics once again! I particularly love the ones from Living with the Land! There is something about that ride that I love!
Thanks!

I love that ride too. I never tire of it, plus its a great place to just sit back and relax. Can't wait to take my nephews there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Ok...gotta ask...what did Nick pick out for his girlfriend...inquiring minds want to know
Dawn asked the same thing. He actually didn't settle on a gift until the next day. It really wasn't all that exciting of a gift. Mr Thrifty was holding onto his money for her Christmas present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
How cool that they decorate Living with the Land for the holidays...I love it.
I know I have ridden that ride before in December and that was definitely the first time I saw Christmas decorations. I think it would be cool if they had a big old Christmas tree in there.

Quote:
I meant to stop at that counter outside Epcot in January and totally forgot. Glad to hear that they have good snacks.
The pastry Nick got was huge and he loved it. It was like two pastries and I think it was only around $3.50. We will definitely be hitting that place up in the future!

Quote:
Can't wait to hear what you had at the Gurgling Suitcase.
Any guesses? I will tell you this - it was super yummy! I asked the bartender what she recommended and it was her pick. Seriously, I think it was my favorite drink of the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I didn't know that Living with the Land was decorated for Christmas. How cute! I am with you, though -- not entirely convinced the lily pads are completely edible.
I was just saying how I don't recall LWTL being decorated a couple years ago. Maybe it's new? Who knows what they'll do next year!

Those lilypads are beautiful but I's rather admire them, not ingest them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Poor Mary Ellen -- trapped in Captain EO for thirty minutes. No wonder you needed pooltime and an adult beverage afterwards.
Ugh! I just re read the Wiki description of the ride and even THAT is painful!

And for the record, I was going for the adult beverage no matter what!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #1448
MEK
DIS Veteran

oopsy - goofed up my replies!

Old 03-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #1449
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I was right there with Glennbo thinking, 'how could she have never been on LWTL before???' That's one of my favorites! Have also done the little tour they do afterwards, Behind the Seeds I think it's called. Very cool if you like to know behind the scenes info.

Ok, I might be the only one on here that really loves Captain EO. Judge me if you want, I am not ashamed. I love the music, love the idea, love the sci-fi feel, and of course love Michael. I remember walking past it in the 80s and really wanting to watch it but we had other things to see and do, so I'm glad they brought it back.

And the guys' reaction to Figment It might not be the same as it was before, but I'm so glad they brought it back.

That cheese danish looked so delicious!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 03-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #1450
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

When I saw the very first picture of living with the land, I said "Ellen!" out loud hahaha, oops! I thought it looked like the beginning of the dinosaur scene. I always enjoy LwtL. So peaceful.

I've never done Captain Eo either! I meant to do it on my last trip but was out voted. Next time for sure, even if it is corny, just to say I did it!

I loved the fountain pics The jumping fountains is the one thing I actually remember from my '91 trip, so I have a special place for those
Old 03-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #1451
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of Living With The Land! I love the attraction and have to go on it every year (sometimes twice if I failed to get a pictures of something). Have you ever done the Behind The Seeds Tour? It's fairly cheap, like around $20, and it's a nice tour.

The pictures of the flowers and topiaries on the way out of the park are gorgeous!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #1453
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Great update! Love your pictures from Living with the Land! How cute is was decorated for Christmas, too.

Thanks! Glad you like the pictures. I really enjoyed the Christmas decorations since I don't remember them being there in the past. Nice way to be festive!

Quote:
Never done Captain EO and not sure we ever will.
Yup - I think its pretty much on the bottom of my list right now. Don't think I will be going back unless I am really desperate to find a place to get out of the heat.

Quote:
Wow, you took pictures on Test Track! You are one brave woman. Not sure I could do that. That ride jerks me to death.
I figured if I didn't drop my camera on Big Thunder then I could probably hold onto it on TT. But believe me, I had a death grip on it and it did make for a somewhat uncomfortable ride since I was so busy holding the camera that I couldn't grip anywhere else. Oops!

Back later with more replies!

Old 03-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #1454
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I was right there with Glennbo thinking, 'how could she have never been on LWTL before???' That's one of my favorites! Have also done the little tour they do afterwards, Behind the Seeds I think it's called. Very cool if you like to know behind the scenes info.
I have wanted to do the Behind the Seeds tour but I can't get Denny on board for it. I really should just go by myself. I bet it is really interesting and I've never met a Disney tour I didn't like.

Quote:
Ok, I might be the only one on here that really loves Captain EO. Judge me if you want, I am not ashamed. I love the music, love the idea, love the sci-fi feel, and of course love Michael. I remember walking past it in the 80s and really wanting to watch it but we had other things to see and do, so I'm glad they brought it back.
I'm totally not judging. People loved the 80's and I'm probably the misfit for never really getting that into the music of the times. I do think it was appropriate to bring it back as a tribute to Michael, who was an amazing performer. I would prefer to see something that highlights all the other aspects of his career as well. And it makes me sad to realize how unnecessary his death was. Seriously. That stupid doctor of his should have realized that he needed an admission to a psychiatric hospital. Anyone who really can't sleep has a severe anxiety disorder and he should have been treated appropriately. When I think about it I can't really mad. That was total malpractice and it could have ended so much differently.

Quote:
And the guys' reaction to Figment It might not be the same as it was before, but I'm so glad they brought it back.
I like Figment. I don't ride it every visit, but I do enjoy it. I don't think the guys are true Figment haters, they probably just wanted to do something else.

Quote:
That cheese danish looked so delicious!
OMG - All of those pastries looked so great - the muffins, the cookies, everything. That is so on my breakfast must do list for future trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
When I saw the very first picture of living with the land, I said "Ellen!" out loud hahaha, oops! I thought it looked like the beginning of the dinosaur scene. I always enjoy LwtL. So peaceful.
I thought it might be Ellen when I first looked at it too. That's because we went to Ellen the next day, but I actually don't think any of those pics turned out.

Quote:
I've never done Captain Eo either! I meant to do it on my last trip but was out voted. Next time for sure, even if it is corny, just to say I did it!
I think you must do it at least once. You can't be a true DISer without the experience. It really is SO 80's. Be prepared.

Quote:
I loved the fountain pics The jumping fountains is the one thing I actually remember from my '91 trip, so I have a special place for those
I have always loved the jumping fountains. On my first trip it was one of the last things we saw before leaving for the airport and I remember being so sad and wondering if I would have go back. Now here I am 14 trips later. My first three trips I kept saying, "this is my last one" and then I finally gave in to the spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Great pictures of Living With The Land! I love the attraction and have to go on it every year (sometimes twice if I failed to get a pictures of something). Have you ever done the Behind The Seeds Tour? It's fairly cheap, like around $20, and it's a nice tour.
Thanks and No - I have not done the tour, but I have wanted to for awhile. I thought for sure that Denny would like it because he gardens, but he has no interest. Maybe I will sign him up and just surprise him - then he can't say no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The pictures of the flowers and topiaries on the way out of the park are gorgeous!
Thanks! I knew we were coming back the next day but I am a sucker for last minute Epcot pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Captain EO is pretty fun after a few drinks around the World!
Amy - I totally cracked up when I read this! That's a great idea. Oh how I wish you and the ladies were visiting at the same time as us in October. I like the way you think!

Old 03-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #1455
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have wanted to do the Behind the Seeds tour but I can't get Denny on board for it. I really should just go by myself. I bet it is really interesting and I've never met a Disney tour I didn't like.
I did it once alone and once with someone. Both times were totally enjoyable. Very worth the time, and I don't think it's more than an hour and a half, it might be shorter. And less than $25 pp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm totally not judging. People loved the 80's and I'm probably the misfit for never really getting that into the music of the times. I do think it was appropriate to bring it back as a tribute to Michael, who was an amazing performer. I would prefer to see something that highlights all the other aspects of his career as well. And it makes me sad to realize how unnecessary his death was. Seriously. That stupid doctor of his should have realized that he needed an admission to a psychiatric hospital. Anyone who really can't sleep has a severe anxiety disorder and he should have been treated appropriately. When I think about it I can't really mad. That was total malpractice and it could have ended so much differently.
Just thinking about it makes me sad. I agree, such an unnecessary death.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: