Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #1336
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,193

Airfares are insane. But I guess I'm not surprised when they say gas will be $5 a gallon by Memorial Day. I looked about two months ago and airfare for our September trip and it was $236; when I looked last week it was $276 a person and I just looked now and it was $305 a person. I'm getting really frustrated and am hoping for a tax refund to pay for the September airfare.

For someone standing on a ledge, you got some really great pictures of the parade at the AK. They are so colorful and vibrant. We've only seen the parade once which is probably due to the fact that we've usally left the park by 2 p.m.
__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 02-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #1337
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Airfares are insane. But I guess I'm not surprised when they say gas will be $5 a gallon by Memorial Day. I looked about two months ago and airfare for our September trip and it was $236; when I looked last week it was $276 a person and I just looked now and it was $305 a person. I'm getting really frustrated and am hoping for a tax refund to pay for the September airfare.
That's a big leap. I really do hope it comes down some and levels off a bit! I feel like suddenly EVERYTHING has gotten more expensive. At this rate Disney is going to start pricing itself right out of the market for some travelers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
For someone standing on a ledge, you got some really great pictures of the parade at the AK. They are so colorful and vibrant. We've only seen the parade once which is probably due to the fact that we've usally left the park by 2 p.m.
The only other times I've seen the parade is when I've arrived at the park in the afternoon. I'm so glad we stayed.

Glad you like the pics! My feet really did hurt from gripping that rounded concrete! I kept slipping!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #1338
Poolrat
DIS Veteran
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Glad you like the pics! My feet really did hurt from gripping that rounded concrete! I kept slipping!
You got some really great shots. Hard to believe you had 2 LOS and were standing on a ledge. I still would have had blurs of the back of peoples heads.
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline  
Old 02-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #1339
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
You got some really great shots. Hard to believe you had 2 LOS and were standing on a ledge. I still would have had blurs of the back of peoples heads.
Haha! I was JUST on your TR as you were posting this!

You know what they say about great minds and all that.

It was really HARD to stand on the ledge but I told myself I had to get good pictures so I tried to ignore the discomfort of having my feet wrapped around that ledge. Glad you like the pics!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #1340
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

I agree -- this parade would be a lot of fun to be in! Hopefully, one day I will actually get to see it -- either version would be fine with me.
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #1341
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

Awesome parade pics!!! (Especially impressive after 2 Lost on Safari's and while balancing on a ledge!! ) I love all of the float details!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #1342
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I agree -- this parade would be a lot of fun to be in! Hopefully, one day I will actually get to see it -- either version would be fine with me.

I really hope you get to see it this summer! It really is a great parade. But I find its very hard to hang at the AK all day in the summer heat. If I do it in June I will be having my afternoon siesta in the AC at the Y&Y bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Awesome parade pics!!! (Especially impressive after 2 Lost on Safari's and while balancing on a ledge!! ) I love all of the float details!
Thank goodness the ledge was only about 6 inches off the ground. I did slip off from time to time without injury! Glad you like the pics!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #1343
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,251

Ok I really need to sit through this parade! We always run away from Parades in general and this one really does look wonderful and I love the Christmas version. AMAZING pictures as always...steady too given that you were

on a ledge

and had had 2 LOS!



I've had that Amber that Denny's having in the pic, pretty tasty!

Airfare is NUTS

We bit the bullet on our August tickets in early Feb. By far the most we've ever paid to get to Orlando (2x as much!) and the earliest we've ever bought. They've gone up and down since then, as much as $50 higher pp to $11 but never a penny under what we paid 3 weeks ago. We will get vouchers on one of the legs if it drops but at this point, I'm not holding my breath.
eandesmom is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #1344
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
jeremysdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,966

Getting all caught up!

Loved your pictures from Flights of Wonders! I loved this show this past summer!

Cute pictures of Lilly. I still have not made the time to go see her when we are at AK. I must do that in April.

Nick did a good job taking safari pictures.

Loved the Jingle Jungle Parade pictures. This is one of my favorite parades on property and I always seem to miss it.

Yay for flying. We will be driving in April and November.
__________________
[/url]

jeremysdisneymom is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #1345
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Who Doesn't Love a Parade?


I get bored with them easily and would rather be on the rides. But your pictures are a lot of fun!
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #1346
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Ok I really need to sit through this parade! We always run away from Parades in general and this one really does look wonderful and I love the Christmas version. AMAZING pictures as always...steady too given that you were

on a ledge

and had had 2 LOS!

I was very, very determined to get those pictures because the last time I saw that parade I took pictures with my old camera! This is my favorite day time parade. I just love it. Denny was actually the reason I saw it the first time (the non Christmas version) and I have loved it ever since!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I've had that Amber that Denny's having in the pic, pretty tasty!
I knew he would like that better than the LOS. He's much more a beer person. In fact, he pretty much never has mixed drinks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Airfare is NUTS

We bit the bullet on our August tickets in early Feb. By far the most we've ever paid to get to Orlando (2x as much!) and the earliest we've ever bought. They've gone up and down since then, as much as $50 higher pp to $11 but never a penny under what we paid 3 weeks ago. We will get vouchers on one of the legs if it drops but at this point, I'm not holding my breath.
Between airfar and hotel rates Disney trips are becoming less affordable. I always used to say that it could be an affordable vacation, if done right, but now I'm not so sure! There's a good chance that we will just stay off site on our arrival and departure nights. Too bad because there are still a couple values I haven't stayed at, but not at $150 a night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Getting all caught up!
Hey - welcome back stranger! Hope you get all caught up and update your TR too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Loved your pictures from Flights of Wonders! I loved this show this past summer!
Thanks! We really enjoyed the show as well. I'm glad we saw it this trip because in June we will probably steer the nephews to Nemo! I hope they love that!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Cute pictures of Lilly. I still have not made the time to go see her when we are at AK. I must do that in April.
Oh - You must see Lilly and remember to ask a CM to help you find her. I wouldn't have found her without their help!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Nick did a good job taking safari pictures.
Thanks! I am thrilled with Nick's pictures!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Loved the Jingle Jungle Parade pictures. This is one of my favorite parades on property and I always seem to miss it.
I agree! It is definitely my favorite day time parade and I am glad we stayed to watch it! It was very fun, but next time I want to be in it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Yay for flying. We will be driving in April and November.
I am glad we are flying. I would have driven if Denny really had his heart set on it, but I would have dreaded the ride home.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post


I get bored with them easily and would rather be on the rides. But your pictures are a lot of fun!
I actually have somewhat of a short attention span for parades as well, but there is something about the AK parade that I just love. I think I am just a sucker for anything AK themed. I love the costumes and the bright colors!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #1347
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran
 
DisMomAmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 7,961

AMAZING pictures - as always! I'm a little disappointed that we missed that parade in November. We've never even seen the regular parade at AK. We are usually just there in the morning & long gone by the time it starts. I am, however, considering trying to catch it in April since we have an AK pm scheduled. We have two possible days scheduled where we could be there during the parade, so we'll see...

Yes - flights are pretty crazy! I didn't think much of the $270 I paid for my ticket for October (girls weekend) but that would add up if we had to buy them for the whole family! I'm afraid the days of the cheap flights are gone... at least for now. But I'm glad to hear you are flying rather than driving!
DisMomAmy is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #1348
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,170

Woo Hoo! DIS Friends! This is my 10,000th Post! Will Pixie Dust Fall From the Sky?????


Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
AMAZING pictures - as always! I'm a little disappointed that we missed that parade in November. We've never even seen the regular parade at AK. We are usually just there in the morning & long gone by the time it starts. I am, however, considering trying to catch it in April since we have an AK pm scheduled. We have two possible days scheduled where we could be there during the parade, so we'll see...
It really is hard to hang around all day for the parade and the only reason we were able to do it is because the weather was so awesome! I doubt we will see it this summer, but if we do it will not be after spending all day there.

I hope you do get to see the parade on your evening AK. It is really cute! So glad you like the pics!!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Yes - flights are pretty crazy! I didn't think much of the $270 I paid for my ticket for October (girls weekend) but that would add up if we had to buy them for the whole family! I'm afraid the days of the cheap flights are gone... at least for now. But I'm glad to hear you are flying rather than driving!
That's what is going to cost for me to fly in October as well so I am just going to wait. When I travel by myself I prefer to fly out of Philly because Denny will take and pick me up. If I fly out of BWI I have to drive myself. but I hear ya - $270 is much more palatable when its just you! I wish we will going to be there the same weekend. Oh well!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #1350
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran
 
TanzUnited99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,764

Cute pics of Lily May.

The parade pics look awesome!
TanzUnited99 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: