Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #1261
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hey Mary Ellen am back and catching up on the boards

Great pics of the Christmas tree and Gingerbread house. Love the Minnie shirt - I wish I had seen it as would've bought that one

Sounds like a great meal at CG and that dessert =

Great fireworks and AK pics
Old 02-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #1262
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

ME, we are leaving Tues. morning. I am so looking forward to beach time & warm weather!

I will defineatly have to see the bird show, not afraid of birds, but am afraid of chickens! I know it's silly, buy there you have it!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #1263
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
[ QUOTE=MEK;44063723]
Seriously! I must get stage fright or something because my mind went blank. We were only up there for a couple minutes and the only thing I remember thinking is "I hope I don't look fat". Yup - that's me!

If you've never seen the show, I would recommend it. It was entertaining and the birds were cool. Plus you get to sit! [ /quote ]

Quote:
[ QUOTE=MEK;44063723]
I "almost" get it from reading this, but not quite. I do know that it sounds easier than what I am doing. But I am a little slow when it comes to computer stuff. Denny makes fun of me all the time, but I swear its because when I had my kids and stopped working with computers for those 2 or 3 years, windows exploded. I feel like I never caught up. Probably a lame excuse, but there it is. But I'm going to fool around with this and figure it out. Thanks Glen! [ /quote ]

I quoted these and then inserted a space you could see the quote. I usually type the quote in orange since it is short at the end of what I want to comment on and then copy and past the beginning quote in purple to the start of that section. I think I have gotten carried away and sometimes need to remember to copy and paste the second person in a reply or the wrong person gets the 'quote'.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #1264
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
You have just convinced me that Flights of Wonder is a must on our trip! Those birds are so majestic...absolutely beautiful!
I really do recommend it. I guess you couldn't go see it in August, could you? Jeff would have absolutely freaked! Actually, it might be a good immersion for him. A half an hour in there and he should be over his fear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
You are making me re-think Yak and Yeti on our AK day tho.....
Don't rethink it. Just pick the right items of the menu. Definitely get the green beans - they were so good and I really think my salad would have been perfect with a better cut of tuna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Just recognize that all of those bracket-command thingees tell it where to start and where to end something....whether it's quoting, bolding, sizing, coloring, a link, or an image. That's all they're doing.
Well, like I said. I still haven't quite mastered your way, but I have found that its a lot easier just to copy the
Quote:
and put that before each break and then copy the
at the end. That way I am not deleting anything. I like that! So thanks for that tip. I feel so much more efficient!

Quote:
Hmmmmmmm........I wonder what THAT means.

Quote:
Pretty good. You attributed some of Pat's quotes (I think) to me, but other than that not too bad.
I'm going to keep playing with your method and see if I can continue to expand my limited computer abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
It's not my first time here but it might just be my first time posting! LOL I lurked for a bit long ago and then lost it subscription lost in cyber space I guess.
Well, thanks for unlurking! I have to admit, I am not a good lurker. If I get on someone's TR I have to open my big mouth and say something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
The tarantula is almost to the front of the queue, where you start going down to the water. It's in a cage and was huge! (maybe that's my fear remembering) but it had to be twice the size of a real one. It took a while for the clapping to work. We almost gave up but the line still wasn't moving so we started clapping again louder. Whew! My heart was racing!
I'm so glad you told me this because I can't wait to try this in June so I can scare the crap out of my nephews (wait - that sounds kind of mean, doesn't it? ). Let me change that phrasing - I want to SURPRISE my nephews. How's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Love your bird pictures! I've never made it to Flights of Wonder...think I'll have to make a point of it next time. (Even though, I'll admit to a teeny tiny fear of birds. But I'll be brave.)
So glad you liked the bird pics. I hope you do try FOW. It was a lot of fun (unless a bird is flying directly at you ). I felt just close enough to all the action and I was sitting to the left of the stage in the back set of bleachers. Pretty safe there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
I agree with you about Yak & Yeti...it's very hit or miss. I had one good meal there, and one really disappointing meal there. At least it's a pleasant place to sit in, though!
It is a very pleasant place to sit and I imagine its a wonderful reprieve from the summer heat. I am so going back there for a Yak Attack and some more green beans, but I'll go to the bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Hey Mary Ellen am back and catching up on the boards

Welcome back Tanz! Good to see you catching up! Don't be a stranger now that you've wrapped up your TR.

Quote:
Great pics of the Christmas tree and Gingerbread house. Love the Minnie shirt - I wish I had seen it as would've bought that one
Isn't that the cutest shirt. I was tempted, but the $30 price tag held me back. For some reason I just can't pay inflated prices for a T-shirt. I would rather put that $ to regular clothes. I love a cute T-shirt, but at Disney I buy what's on sale.

Quote:
Sounds like a great meal at CG and that dessert =
It was such a enjoyable meal. Perfect evening. I'm so glad we were able to take Nick there and he really enjoyed himself. The fireworks were the perfect end to the evening.

Quote:
Great fireworks and AK pics
Thanks! So glad you enjoyed the pics. I have soooooooooooooooo many more AK pics. I did photograph the Christmas parade and got quite a few there, but I got some cool Osbourne light pictures so stick around!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #1265
MEK
DIS Veteran

I have a few more replies to do, but I have to get ready for church now. Later!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #1266
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
ME, we are leaving Tues. morning. I am so looking forward to beach time & warm weather!
You are so lucky! I don't blame you one bit for looking forward to the warm weather, Have a marvelous time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I will defineatly have to see the bird show, not afraid of birds, but am afraid of chickens! I know it's silly, buy there you have it!
You know - the only chicken/rooster I saw was the one at the end of the show. Maybe the sent him out to pick up all the crumbs left over from the other birds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Glad you found that amusing. Sometimes I think the dumbest stuff when I am in public. either that or my mind goes completely blank!

Quote:
I quoted these and then inserted a space you could see the quote. I usually type the quote in orange since it is short at the end of what I want to comment on and then copy and past the beginning quote in purple to the start of that section. I think I have gotten carried away and sometimes need to remember to copy and paste the second person in a reply or the wrong person gets the 'quote'.
Well, that sounds exactly like what I have been trying to do. It's working pretty well and I like that I am not deleting most of the reply and then pasting it back in again. Thanks!

Old 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #1267
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad you found that amusing. Sometimes I think the dumbest stuff when I am in public. either that or my mind goes completely blank!
I only chuckle because I usually and thinking about tripping and falling. Even if I am standing still.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #1269
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I've never seen FoW. It looks cute & I'd like to see it but I'm not sure what the boys would think of it. I have it on our list for April but we'll see...
Do the boys like birds or are they afraid of them? It's actually a pretty entertaining show. There really aren't any slow parts, so I think it would keep their attention. There were a lot of younger kids in there. They keep it moving pretty well and the story line is pretty cute. But I know how hard it can be to try to fit everything in.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #1270
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Unbelievable fireworks photos! I felt like I was there with you, Mary Ellen!

Beautiful wine glass -- I am glad you posted a picture because I was going to have to bug you to see it.

Glad your mom's procedure went well.

Yeay for seeing the Maharajah Trek. Isn't the theming spectacular? But where is the pic of Nick looking scared of the tigers? That's a must-do.

We have never seen Flights of Wonder. Now I want to!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #1271
thecapells
Disney Dad

We love Yak & Yeti!
It's a must-do everytime.
The potstickers and Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp are delicious!

We have never seen Flights of Wonder though.
It looks like fun.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #1272
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I only chuckle because I usually and thinking about tripping and falling. Even if I am standing still.
Been there, done that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Unbelievable fireworks photos! I felt like I was there with you, Mary Ellen!
So glad you enjoyed them! It was a great show!

Quote:
Beautiful wine glass -- I am glad you posted a picture because I was going to have to bug you to see it.
I already got bugged enough so I took a picture one morning before work so I could post it.

Quote:
Glad your mom's procedure went well.
Thanks! She was happy to have that behind her.

Quote:
Yay for seeing the Maharajah Trek. Isn't the theming spectacular? But where is the pic of Nick looking scared of the tigers? That's a must-do.
I did not KNOW that was a must-do and Nick is SO good at stuff like that. I will have to admit that you were my inspiration for wanting to see the bats. Well you and Connor, of course. The theming is awesome! Better than I imagined and it and the tree of life are probably tied for my favorite aeas.

Quote:
We have never seen Flights of Wonder. Now I want to!
I'm surprised because you are sort of an AK guru. It really is a cute and entertaining show. Add it to your ever growing list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
We love Yak & Yeti!
It's a must-do everytime.
The potstickers and Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp are delicious!
I remember reading about the shrimp and steak in your TR and I so wish one of us had ordered it. If I go back, and I'm sure I will, that is the entree I am going to order for sure. Why mess with success?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
We have never seen Flights of Wonder though.
It looks like fun.
It was a very entertaining show. I definitely think everyone should see it at least once. The birds are pretty amazing!

Old 02-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #1273
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

I'm soooo far behind on Dis, as usual! But I just read your last post! I LOVE every single picture from the trek!! FAB-U-LOUS!!

I'm sorry your lunch at Yak and Yeti wasn't fabulous! I didn't know it was a Landrys restaurant, that could be why

Your Flights of Wonders pics are amazing as well! John and I did that show in Oct of 10 and I have to admit it freaked me out a bit!! I'm not a big fan of birds flying too close to me!!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #1274
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, MEK. As always pictures are terrific. I'm sorry Yak & Yeti was only okay (we really enjoyed it the time we went, but we had totally different entrees). We have never done Flights of Wonder...think I'll have to add to bucket list.

RIP Genie
Old 02-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #1275
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome back Tanz! Good to see you catching up! Don't be a stranger now that you've wrapped up your TR.

Thanks Mary Ellen! No won't be a stranger and am here now!

Isn't that the cutest shirt. I was tempted, but the $30 price tag held me back. For some reason I just can't pay inflated prices for a T-shirt. I would rather put that $ to regular clothes. I love a cute T-shirt, but at Disney I buy what's on sale.

It sure is. I know exactly what you mean about the prices for a t-shirt - I do the same. Wait until the sales to get something I really like - that's if the item isn't sold out by then!

It was such a enjoyable meal. Perfect evening. I'm so glad we were able to take Nick there and he really enjoyed himself. The fireworks were the perfect end to the evening.

It was the same on our meal - the fireworks were the icing on the cake

Thanks! So glad you enjoyed the pics. I have soooooooooooooooo many more AK pics. I did photograph the Christmas parade and got quite a few there, but I got some cool Osbourne light pictures so stick around!
I'm definitely sticking around for more great pics!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: