Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2012, 05:57 AM   #1246
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I've heard of dogs looking like their owners, but that's just crazy!
I guess this is still better than a pet tarantula looking like their owner!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #1247
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I love the Maharaja trail so much. It's so relaxing!
I've heard lots of people say the same thing about Yak & Yeti, but I still want to try it (with slightly low expectations, lol!) Those fried green beans are calling to me.
I always enjoy the Flights of Wonder show. It's calm and cool and relaxing and the birds are beautiful!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #1248
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OMG! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jealous! I hope you had a wonderful time. I definitely think I need a warm weather vacation next February right around this time. I bet it was GORGEOUS!
Thanks, it was a wonderful trip. Another February trip might have to be in my future. It was so nice to get away. I definitely recommend it. I even saw the Disney Magic in port which made the trip that much more wonderful. I've never seen one of the DCL ships in person so I was just in awe.

Your pictures of that lady are priceless! I hope she wasn't too traumatized by the experience. Flights of Wonder really is a great show, we enjoy it You got some fantastic pictures.

I'm glad you finally got to Yak & Yeti, sorry it wasn't fabulous though. Now you know though so at least the anticipation isn't hovering anymore.

Speaking of tarantulas did you guys know that if you clap at the one in the line of the Jungle Cruise it jumps at you? I read about it in a book so we asked the CM next to it and he non commitedly said he's heard that it happens but has never seen it, so here we are clapping away and it LUNGES at us! We screamed so loud! The other people in line probably thought we were crazy!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 02-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #1249
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks Pat, glenn and ME for the tips on replies. Between the three of you, I understand how it works. I see how it could be more work, but I like the look of it much better!

GREAT bird pictures!! Some of those colorful ones are amazing - they look like they belong in a magazine. And again, I love your story telling commentary!!

I think if I could convince the family to try Y&Y, that burger might be something DH and I share. I know DD8 and I would love the green beans too. But I'd have to save room for the famous wonton dessert I've heard so much about!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #1250
MEK
DIS Veteran

So - busy day at work today. I will get to replies as soon as I can. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #1251
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry Yak and Yeti wasn't great! I've been wanting to try that restaurant for a while, but it always gets bumped for something else when I make an ADR there!

I'm sick of Flights of Wonder, but your pictures of the birds are so beautiful! It's really a cute show, but I feel like we've done it so much, I need a break!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #1252
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Great photos of the birds. Your depth of field was great! I will have to see that show the next time that we go. We've never seen it.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 02-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #1253
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Wow! Your salad at Yak & Yeti looks awesome...well, minus the tuna 'cause I don't like tuna that much. Oh and the fried green beans look really good too.
The salad was really delish, but the tuna feel flat. Looking at that picture I can't believe how big that salad was. It was huge. The green beans were excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You know, in all of our trips to the Animal Kingdom, we've never seen Flights of Wonder. I may just have to try and work it into our plans though because your pictures are great. How cool was it that you got chosen to come down on stage? Oh wait, you don't remember how cool it was do you?
Seriously! I must get stage fright or something because my mind went blank. We were only up there for a couple minutes and the only thing I remember thinking is "I hope I don't look fat". Yup - that's me!

If you've never seen the show, I would recommend it. It was entertaining and the birds were cool. Plus you get to sit!

Quote:
I just copy the "end quote" {/QUOTE} (using the squiggly bracket in place of the square bracket so you can see it) to the end of the section I want to quote and then I copy the "beginning quote" {QUOTE=MEK;44050537} to the beginning of the next section. Then, if there are a lot sections I want to reply to, I'll just copy that group (the "end quote", 3 blank lines as placeholders for where I'll write, and "beginning quote") and paste it between all of the sections I want to break it into. Then I can go back and fill in what I want to say, in the blank spaces I left. It's too bad I can't show you -- it's a lot easier than it probably reads.

:
I "almost" get it from reading this, but not quite. I do know that it sounds easier than what I am doing. But I am a little slow when it comes to computer stuff. Denny makes fun of me all the time, but I swear its because when I had my kids and stopped working with computers for those 2 or 3 years, windows exploded. I feel like I never caught up. Probably a lame excuse, but there it is. But I'm going to fool around with this and figure it out. Thanks Glen!

Quote:

That lady's face at FoW is hilarious!
My worst fear is that she is a DISer or a DISer recognizes her. But that expression is priceless. I HAD to post it!

Quote:

Hey MEK, ask me how I sold Judy on DVC.
OK Glenn, "How DID you sell Judy on DVC?" Do Tell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm sorry to hear your meal at Y&Y was kinda meh. It always sounds interesting in theory there, but I have heard many reviews similar to yours!
I've heard mixed reviews too. I think you have to stick with their signature items. I know there is a stir fry that is supposed to be excellent and the ribs are also supposed to be good. My salad would have been fantastic if the tuna was better and Nick loved his, so it was a near miss.

I forgot to mention, it was also a fairly expensive meal if you are not on the dining plan because its doesn't take TIW and I really think that card makes everything more affordable.

Quote:
Flights of Wonder looks awesome! I always forget about it when we're in AK! How cool that you were able to go up on the stage!
I'm still anxious to hear what you thought of AK this trip. You should check out FOW next time you go. I've seen it twice and its an enjoyable half hour or so.

Quote:
I've heard of dogs looking like their owners, but that's just crazy!
I know! I did a double take when I saw that picture. That boy has definitely been around that bird TOO long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Now I totally want to do Flights of Wonder. Gorgeous pictures. Sorry Yak and Yeti wasn't so great. I can cross that off the list now, I suppose. Fried green beans are delicious. They have them at at P.F. Chang's and they're very good there, if you have one of those in your area.
You should check it out! It really is a great show. Probably a little overlooked and underrated!

We do not have a PF Changs here, so this was my first taste of the fried green beans and I loved them. I'm glad we tried Y&Y, we just should have ordered other entrees. The stir fry is supposed to be awesome, but I just wasn't in the mood for that. Oh well. Next time I go back it will be for a Yak Attack and fried green beans and the fried wontons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I do the same thing but I usually just type the bracket/ QUOTE bracket out.
This way I can copy and paste the {QUOTE=glennbo123;44051806] part over and over.

OK Your explanation sounds easier than Glens. Let's see if it works!

Quote:
I love that you got those shots. Great timing.

Glad you like my pics! I ended up getting some surreal color combos!

Quote:
Yeah - I want to know the answer to this now. Very curious.

Ok - one....two....three.......I am posting. Will it work???????

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #1254
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

You have just convinced me that Flights of Wonder is a must on our trip! Those birds are so majestic...absolutely beautiful!

You are making me re-think Yak and Yeti on our AK day tho.....
Old 02-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #1255
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I "almost" get it from reading this, but not quite. I do know that it sounds easier than what I am doing. But I am a little slow when it comes to computer stuff. Denny makes fun of me all the time, but I swear its because when I had my kids and stopped working with computers for those 2 or 3 years, windows exploded. I feel like I never caught up. Probably a lame excuse, but there it is. But I'm going to fool around with this and figure it out. Thanks Glen!
Just recognize that all of those bracket-command thingees tell it where to start and where to end something....whether it's quoting, bolding, sizing, coloring, a link, or an image. That's all they're doing.

Quote:
OK Glenn, "How DID you sell Judy on DVC?" Do Tell!

Quote:
Ok - one....two....three.......I am posting. Will it work???????
Pretty good. You attributed some of Pat's quotes (I think) to me, but other than that not too bad.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #1256
MEK
DIS Veteran

OK - well it didn't work the way I wanted it too. I am obviously still missing a crucial step. Back to the drawing board.

Quote:
I guess this is still better than a pet tarantula looking like their owner!
Now that is something I would love to see! And then again, maybe not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I love the Maharaja trail so much. It's so relaxing!
Is this your first time on my TR? If so, thanks so much for coming over. I am really enjoying your TR!!!!!

I absolutely loved that trail. I want to take my nephews on the trail this summer if its not blazing hot.

Quote:
I
I've heard lots of people say the same thing about Yak & Yeti, but I still want to try it (with slightly low expectations, lol!) Those fried green beans are calling to me.
Those green beans are worth the trip alone and Nick's burger was pretty yummy, so I think its all about picking the right entree. I think its one of those restaurants that everyone needs to try at least once.

Quote:
I always enjoy the Flights of Wonder show. It's calm and cool and relaxing and the birds are beautiful!
I saw it on one other trip and liked it, but I really loved it this trip. Last trip I remember having to check and send a couple of text messages to my kids (who were home at the time) so I was distracted. This trip I was totally into it. I just think there is SO much to do at the AK and we really focused on the wildlife this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Thanks, it was a wonderful trip. Another February trip might have to be in my future. It was so nice to get away. I definitely recommend it. I even saw the Disney Magic in port which made the trip that much more wonderful. I've never seen one of the DCL ships in person so I was just in awe.
Wow. I bet THAT was cool! You probably wanted to go over and ask for a tour! I can't wait until I am able to take a regular winter trip and not have to worry about kids at home. It will be such a treat! So glad you had a fab time!

Quote:

Your pictures of that lady are priceless! I hope she wasn't too traumatized by the experience. Flights of Wonder really is a great show, we enjoy it You got some fantastic pictures.
You know - she was pretty far away from me so I really didn't know what her face looked like until I uploaded the pictures. I'm sure I would look the same way with that bird flying right at me. It was a fun show! Definitely should be done every couple of years.

Quote:

I'm glad you finally got to Yak & Yeti, sorry it wasn't fabulous though. Now you know though so at least the anticipation isn't hovering anymore.
I'm glad we did finally get to eat there and I did love the inside of the restaurant. I would definitely go back to the bar for a drink and those delish green beans. But this time I'm not sharing!

Quote:
Speaking of tarantulas did you guys know that if you clap at the one in the line of the Jungle Cruise it jumps at you? I read about it in a book so we asked the CM next to it and he non commitedly said he's heard that it happens but has never seen it, so here we are clapping away and it LUNGES at us! We screamed so loud! The other people in line probably thought we were crazy!
Really??? OMG - this is TO funny! I HAVE to try this. Where is it located in the line? This sounds like a must do adventure for my June trip. How big is it? I am very intrigued now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Thanks Pat, glenn and ME for the tips on replies. Between the three of you, I understand how it works. I see how it could be more work, but I like the look of it much better!
I haven't quite figured out how to do Pat and Glenn's method, but I have found a way to modify my method a bit so I am doing less deleting. So thanks for that guys!!!!!!

Quote:
GREAT bird pictures!! Some of those colorful ones are amazing - they look like they belong in a magazine. And again, I love your story telling commentary!!
I'm glad someone likes my attempts at commentary. I take so many pictures I figure I need Something to break them up. Glad you are enjoying the pics!

Quote:
I think if I could convince the family to try Y&Y, that burger might be something DH and I share. I know DD8 and I would love the green beans too. But I'd have to save room for the famous wonton dessert I've heard so much about!
The burger is HUGE! It is definitely a shareable item. They recommend cooking it medium, so it is a little messy because its still fairly pink inside. But it is very tasty and that's from someone who chooses fish over meat any day. I am upset that Nick didn't have room for the wonton dessert so I could have sampled some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm sorry Yak and Yeti wasn't great! I've been wanting to try that restaurant for a while, but it always gets bumped for something else when I make an ADR there!
That's what always happened to me, so I'm glad we finally tried it. I like to try at least one new restaurant every trip. I think there are enough really good items on the menu to make it worth a visit. I probably should have ordered the green beans AND the fried wontons and skipped the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm sick of Flights of Wonder, but your pictures of the birds are so beautiful! It's really a cute show, but I feel like we've done it so much, I need a break!
Thanks, but I am sure if you see that show every trip it gets a little predictable. That's why I enjoyed it so much. It had been almost four years since the last time I saw it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Great photos of the birds. Your depth of field was great! I will have to see that show the next time that we go. We've never seen it.
Thanks! I'm surprised you've never seen the show, but I think it is easy to overlook. Definitely put it on your list for your next trip.

When do you leave for Florida? Soon? ENJOY!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #1257
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is this your first time on my TR? If so, thanks so much for coming over. I am really enjoying your TR!!!!!

I absolutely loved that trail. I want to take my nephews on the trail this summer if its not blazing hot.
It's not my first time here but it might just be my first time posting! LOL I lurked for a bit long ago and then lost it subscription lost in cyber space I guess.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #1258
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I have done the same thing with Yak and Yeti over and over again. Cancel, book, cancel, book, cancel.....this last time was obviously the only time I've kept it.
I almost missed your post. Doh! That scenario sounds so familiar. Glad you finally got there this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
The wontons totally make the meal. I don't know if I would have felt the same way about it if we didn't get the wontons. Fortunately, we were on the dining plan and had to get them. Darn!
That picture you posted in your TR looked so fabulous. I am so bummed it was the one meal where Nick didn't want dessert. That's what happens when you eat a 1/2 pound of Kobe beef.

Yeah - DARN -for being on the dining plan and having to order dessert!

Old 02-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #1259
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

The tarantula is almost to the front of the queue, where you start going down to the water. It's in a cage and was huge! (maybe that's my fear remembering) but it had to be twice the size of a real one. It took a while for the clapping to work. We almost gave up but the line still wasn't moving so we started clapping again louder. Whew! My heart was racing!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 02-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #1260
norybell
DIS Veteran

Love your bird pictures! I've never made it to Flights of Wonder...think I'll have to make a point of it next time. (Even though, I'll admit to a teeny tiny fear of birds. But I'll be brave.)

I agree with you about Yak & Yeti...it's very hit or miss. I had one good meal there, and one really disappointing meal there. At least it's a pleasant place to sit in, though!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: