Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #1096
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,641

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Did you get an incentive for the cruise? I looked at the prices for October 20th 2013 and a 4 nighter is about $1600 for a verandah. Or its 220 points, which seems high. I could rent 220 points at $10 a point and pay for the cruise and have spending $.

Denny wants to do a cruise. We just won't while Nick is still home because I don't like the whole idea that I can't be reached right away for an emergency. I know he could still have an emergency in college, but something about him being away at school makes the thought more palatable. I wanted to do a cruise for Nick's graduation, but he wants to rent a beach house for a week. So there you have it! Denny will def be on boards with whatever I plan for October 2013!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

ooh! Tough call, so many lovely options! The points for the cruises generally does not seem to be the way to go...unless you have points to burn I guess or really wouldn't use them otherwise. Then, heck, why not!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I have heard MANY people say that using points for a cruise is not a good value unless you have nothing else to do with them. Renting them out and using the $$ to pay for the cruise is smart.
The 'sandcastle' at the pool is so so cute! What a nice relaxing afternoon It is so hard to actually just sit and relax at WDW. I wanted to do that same thing, sit by the pool and relax, but by the time I dragged my mom from AK with complaints that my feet hurt so bad and all I wanted to do was sit in the pool, a thunderstorm started and we just waited in the room... At least we weren't outside in the deluge, it worked out I guess.

Here's the reason I think cruising on points is excellent. I'm basing my point cost on the actual price I paid, not the potential a rental could get me. I know a lot of people rent and it works out, but it really makes me uncomfortable. If I'm not able to use my points some year I'll let a friend use them. Here's my baseline figuring: If I take the whole ten years to pay off my loan each point will end up costing around $3. If I'm able to pay off the loan earlier it's even less than that. So, for a trip using 220 points at $3 a point you're looking at $660, well $755 with the $95 fee, about $850 less than the OOP cost. If you can definitely get a rental with no problems I can see that working too. We're doing a 5 day cruise which uses 294 points, so at $3 a point that's $882, plus the $95 fee they charge that's $977. Whereas OOP it was $3200 a year in advance, and now it's $3800 for the same category. Now, I will mention that those same 220 points can get you probably two weeks at WDW if you do a studio, so if you want more time for your points it works out much better to use them at a resort.

I don't want to step on anybodys toes, I've found whole threads that bash people for using points to cruise and I just think that's so silly. They're your points, do with them as you please.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14

Last edited by Pinkocto; 02-02-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Pinkocto is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #1097
thecapells
Disney Dad
 
thecapells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,818

Nice pics of OKW - I've never been there so it's fun to see!!
Oh, and just for the record, I would've voted to hit Star Tours several more times!!
thecapells is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #1098
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!
 
Moira222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So tomorrow is Woodstock! I am signing off now to do a little rehearsing. I am hoping for an update on Sunday night. We have one show tomorrow at 8pm and two shows on Saturday at 3 and 8 pm. It's 20 songs. I only have parts in 3 of them. so its lots of down time. I am trying to decide what to wear which might look a little woodstocky.

Tie died T-shirt and head band perhaps?

FUN! Is that what you wore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Woodstock was a lot of fun tonight! It was so cool to watch the kids really pull it together (and the adults, too). Lots of great music and it was definitely bonding experience. Show 2 and 3 tomorrow.

Thanks for the well wishes. Comments tomorrow. I am going to bed.

Oh - and you'll love this - I am so freaking old I think I hurt my neck dancing to one of the songs.
Ew sorry you hurt your neck. Y'know, at Woodstock they had a special "cure" for your neck








a neck rub of course! what did you THINK they'd use for pain at Woodstock


Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

I hope that was gortex rain gear!




Thanks for sharing all these pics We so enjoyed this in May -that was our first time ever. I love walking through all the random aisles of props, though I wished there were not a line of people behind me. I wanted to look more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post


Applause Applause. With the marvels of movie making behind us, it was time to tour the backlot complete with Hannah Montana's house. Did this movie actually make money?




Yup, just take a look in Katie's room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post



this looks like an Indiana Jones prop



Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That tour does sound pretty cool. I think its fairly expensive but doesn't require a park ticket. I know I would really enjoy it. I have been wanting to take another backstage tour for awhile. I am definitely going to save that until Denny and I have another solo trip. Thanks for the suggestion!
--

shhh I am thinking of adding this on to our trip package in June. I think that with just us going, its an ideal add on. Joe has been talking about adding on a day before & a day after to our reservation, but not adding park days. This tour sounds like the perfect peek into the parks on a non-park day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Continued......




Love that slide!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post




After my OKW pool photo session I decided it was hot tub time. The best part was that we had a generous two hours just to hang out and do nothing but chat to strangers and drink adult beverages!

I almost forgot - remember that Sweet Carolina lemonade vodka I dropped in HHI. Well, I replaced it with the Sweet Caroline iced tea vodka and I mixed that with the pomegranate lemonade and it made a nice, refreshing adult beverage.

Up Next....A signature dinner at a monorail resort!

That sounds like a fantasic afternoon in my book!

That drink combo sounds delish! Did you bring the pomegranate lemonade or was that from the snack bar fountain? I usually just get diet coke there so don't pay much attention to the other flavors.

what a great update Mary Ellen! Sounds like another great trip for the books so far!
Moira222 is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #1099
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran
 
TanzUnited99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,781

Great pics as always and I love ribbons and wreaths - the more the better

at telling Denny and Nick they were 'off the hook' I'm sorry you didn't get to meet with Kara but like you said it is hard when you have a big family to please.

Glad you got to enjoy the hot tub and promote HHI as well!
TanzUnited99 is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #1100
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,655

Sorry your DIS meet didn't work out! Sounds like you had a great afternoon though! Brandon and I never have relaxing pool time on our trips, I have to make more of a point to try to go to the pool on our next trip! The OKW pool area looks really nice!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
Old 02-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #1101
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,998

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post




FYI - I did mention your name again and he got it. Told him you might be coming to Dover. That got his attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post


UGH! Mine is bugging me today but I haven't had any treatments at all in over month and started working out again. Scared. And tired of the co-pays! It's funny, I've still never had a cervical spine film...although if things didn't clear up, they were going to.



Mine has been feeling better ever since I made the doctor's appointment. Naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

Fun! And great that you are doing it before the point increase. I really would love to do it for the big family trip but...I don't think it's likely at this point, all I'm going to be able to do is room the 4 of us unless we do a split stay of some sort.


Wait! What big point increase? What in the land of DVC am I missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
ooh! Tough call, so many lovely options! The points for the cruises generally does not seem to be the way to go...unless you have points to burn I guess or really wouldn't use them otherwise. Then, heck, why not!
Pointwise it would work out perfect for the year to do the cruise and stay in a studio for a week, but I hate not using the points for the things I consider the best bang for the buck. If I am using 200 plus points I want the rack rate on that item to be at least 3 grand. I might look into using the points for a trade. I know there are some ski properties on the East coast that would make a good trade. There is a place on Okemo mountain VT(Jackson Gore) that I would love to trade into. Its a brand new gorgeous resort and once we don't have any kids at home we can take any week we want during the winter. Denny would love to use our points for something like that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
what a lovely afternoon! How timely that you were able to regroup when the meet didn't happen, it is hard herding cats on a trip like that, DISmeets are much easier when you are solo.
DIS meets are way easier when you are solo, so I completely understand our inability to meet. I was sorry the meet didn't happen but having the down time was a bonus. To me vacation is also about having down time and I enjoy my hour in the hot tub. I actually stayed in there a little too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I've only parked once at WDW since '04 and I swear we lost the car. It was pretty funny but it was at DHS! No AAA parking but that doesn't sound like it was much of a benefit. I thought there was a parking benefit to an AP but maybe I'm confused?

The AP parking benefit is that you can park free whether you are staying on OR off property.

The AAA parking pass gives you a great parking location in AK and Epcot. I love it for those two parks. It's right near the handicapped section in all of the parks, but that section in HS is not all that close. I honestly forget where it is in MK because I never drive to MK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I have heard MANY people say that using points for a cruise is not a good value unless you have nothing else to do with them. Renting them out and using the $$ to pay for the cruise is smart.
Renting them out definitely makes more economical sense. I've never rented points before, so I am sure I would be leery. I think I would try to rent them to a friend or coworker first and then try the boards. I know people do it all the time and I'm sure I will eventually run into a year where it makes sense to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Great pictures - Thanks especially for the OKW pool pics! I hope to be enjoying those pools in October!!
That main pool area is really nice. I am sure you are going to love it. The whole area has such a great feel. I am so glad we got the room location we did. It worked out perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
A nice relaxing afternoon. Sorry your plans went awry but you made the best of it.

Hey - plans change. It's cool. the trade off was we did get a bonus afternoon of relaxation or we would have been running around from morning until night. It was a lovely afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Sounds like a great afternoon break
It was a perfect afternoon break. I'm sorry we missed Kara, but I'm glad we had such a great afternoon as a sbustitute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
That pool area is so cute! I love all the pictures. We had breakfast at Olivia's on our last trip and now OKW is on Dale's must do list.
The pool area is lovely. If you stay there definitely request to be near the Hospitality House. It's a great area. I really feel like I lucked out. I wish we had time to try Olivia's because it looked like a fun place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Looking forward to hearing about your evening.
Hopefully I will get an update in this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That sounds like the perfect relaxing afternoon by the pool! (And yay for other people from NJ! )
Despite the less than perfect weather, the hot tub was darn near perfect.

I think there are Jersey people wherever you go! Love Jersey! She was such a nice girl and so was her DH. Its fun to strike up a conversation with random people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Sorry the DIS meet didn't work out. I'm glad you enjoyed relaxing by the pool. It's so hard to force yourself to sit and relax at WDW sometimes!
I was bummed about the DIS meet, but the alternative was good. I am actually getting much better at sitting and relaxing at Disney. It's all about the balance. It's hard when you have small kids, but in my case relaxation can always happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Nice pictures...
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
And for the University of Delaware! Go Blue Hens!
Hey - I'm a former Blue Hen too! Bachelors, Masters and Post Masters. Why mess with success.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Another great update! Sounds like a heavenly day to me...there is nothing I love more than an afternoon by the pool with an adult beverage!
pool = adult beverage. And pool drinks are my favorite drink of the day. If I had my own pool I would be downright dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
The OKW looks fantastic!
The main pool area is really lovely. I really enjoyed it. Definitely up there on my list of favorite resort pools.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
What a lovely way to relax for an afternoon! How neat that you were able to pass along some HHI information to the other guest. I am sure that she was very happy that she met you.
It was a great afternoon and I'm glad I could share my first hand HHI experience with the other guest because she already had a real interest in going there. It sounded like the perfect vacation for what she likes to do since she clearly is not a park commando. That's whats great about HHI - its Disney without the need to go park commando.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 02-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #1102
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,998

Is the DIS working better today???????

I'll be back witht he rest of the replies this evening!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 02-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #1103
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,663

MEK, I am slowly getting caught up on all my subscribed threads. Love your after lunch time at the Studios. I was so surprised that I was the "Rebel Spy" on Star Tours last week.

We've not done the Backlot Tour in awhile...I think we need to go back on it our next trip. Our oldest was picked to be a participant in 2009 and his baseball team razzed him about it the whole trip.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 02-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #1104
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
[

Here's the reason I think cruising on points is excellent. I'm basing my point cost on the actual price I paid, not the potential a rental could get me. I know a lot of people rent and it works out, but it really makes me uncomfortable. If I'm not able to use my points some year I'll let a friend use them. Here's my baseline figuring: If I take the whole ten years to pay off my loan each point will end up costing around $3. If I'm able to pay off the loan earlier it's even less than that. So, for a trip using 220 points at $3 a point you're looking at $660, well $755 with the $95 fee, about $850 less than the OOP cost. If you can definitely get a rental with no problems I can see that working too. We're doing a 5 day cruise which uses 294 points, so at $3 a point that's $882, plus the $95 fee they charge that's $977. Whereas OOP it was $3200 a year in advance, and now it's $3800 for the same category. Now, I will mention that those same 220 points can get you probably two weeks at WDW if you do a studio, so if you want more time for your points it works out much better to use them at a resort.

I don't want to step on anybodys toes, I've found whole threads that bash people for using points to cruise and I just think that's so silly. They're your points, do with them as you please.
I didn't mean that to come across as bashing at all, I think it can totally make sense for some folks and agree completely, they are yours and you should absolutely do as you please! For us it wouldn't make sense. If I look at our 4 nighter, it'd be 704 points. Beyond the fact that even with banking and borrowing I don't have that many, once I add in the change free it's about a wash. I do include MF though when looking at total per point cost. However, if I had the points available and hadn't planned other trips I'd have zero issues with using them! And if you weren't looking at peak seasons, etc I can definitely see where it might work much better for certain cruises. I would definitely explore the concept of partial usage in the future. I think you can do that, one person or whatever on points and some with cash. I know for a fact that we will likely do RCI trades at some point and most people bash that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
FYI - I did mention your name again and he got it. Told him you might be coming to Dover. That got his attention.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wait! What big point increase? What in the land of DVC am I missing?
THV point reallocation for 2013.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
The AP parking benefit is that you can park free whether you are staying on OR off property.

The AAA parking pass gives you a great parking location in AK and Epcot. I love it for those two parks. It's right near the handicapped section in all of the parks, but that section in HS is not all that close. I honestly forget where it is in MK because I never drive to MK.
good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Is the DIS working better today???????

I'll be back witht he rest of the replies this evening!
Is for me!
__________________
eandesmom is offline  
Old 02-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #1105
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post





The 'sandcastle' at the pool is so so cute! What a nice relaxing afternoon It is so hard to actually just sit and relax at WDW. I wanted to do that same thing, sit by the pool and relax, but by the time I dragged my mom from AK with complaints that my feet hurt so bad and all I wanted to do was sit in the pool, a thunderstorm started and we just waited in the room... At least we weren't outside in the deluge, it worked out I guess.
Isn't that pool adorable? We had a wonderful afternoon. I'm so glad we got time to relax, have a few adult beverages, and talk with some DVC members. The thunderstorm thing ALWAYS happens to me in the warm weather - without fail. So frustrating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Here's the reason I think cruising on points is excellent. I'm basing my point cost on the actual price I paid, not the potential a rental could get me. I know a lot of people rent and it works out, but it really makes me uncomfortable. If I'm not able to use my points some year I'll let a friend use them. Here's my baseline figuring: If I take the whole ten years to pay off my loan each point will end up costing around $3. If I'm able to pay off the loan earlier it's even less than that. So, for a trip using 220 points at $3 a point you're looking at $660, well $755 with the $95 fee, about $850 less than the OOP cost. If you can definitely get a rental with no problems I can see that working too. We're doing a 5 day cruise which uses 294 points, so at $3 a point that's $882, plus the $95 fee they charge that's $977. Whereas OOP it was $3200 a year in advance, and now it's $3800 for the same category. Now, I will mention that those same 220 points can get you probably two weeks at WDW if you do a studio, so if you want more time for your points it works out much better to use them at a resort.

I don't want to step on anybodys toes, I've found whole threads that bash people for using points to cruise and I just think that's so silly. They're your points, do with them as you please.
I appreciate you breaking it down like this because it makes a lot of sense and I definitely agree that you should use your points the way you want to. There is a lot to be sad for not having a bill and just paying your annual dues. I just talked to Denny about this and we did decide to pay cash for the cruise, but we will use those points to try to make a ski trade. For us it makes more sense because if we can get the trade its at a place where I would never pay the rack rate. I'm too darn cheap.

I really can't wait to hear all about your cruise. I hope you do a TR! Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Nice pics of OKW - I've never been there so it's fun to see!!
Thanks. OKW was a very cool resort. I recommend that every true Disney lover get a chance to stay there. It's a special place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Oh, and just for the record, I would've voted to hit Star Tours several more times!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Where were you when I needed a ride partner?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post

FUN! Is that what you wore?

Nah! But I did manage to find a couple of shirts that looked 60's enough to wear. I also found some great big hanging earings and necklaces. I left the head bands for the teens! They all looked so cute! Everyone really got into the theme. It was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post



Ew sorry you hurt your neck. Y'know, at Woodstock they had a special "cure" for your neck








a neck rub of course! what did you THINK they'd use for pain at Woodstock


Good one! Your post reminds me that I could have SWORN I smelt pot after one of the breaks! One of the guitar instructors looks totally like he grew up in the 60's and I was starting to wonder if he doesn't take a hit here and there. He's a great musician, so its all good in my book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
[FONT=Century Gothic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post


Thanks for sharing all these pics We so enjoyed this in May -that was our first time ever. I love walking through all the random aisles of props, though I wished there were not a line of people behind me. I wanted to look more.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks for sharing all these pics We so enjoyed this in May -that was our first time ever. I love walking through all the random aisles of props, though I wished there were not a line of people behind me. I wanted to look more.
So glad you liked the pictures. I had a ton of fun on that ride. It was so great to take pictures. The first time I did this ride, back in the dark ages, I had no interest in photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
[FONT=Century Gothic]


Yup, just take a look in Katie's room.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post


[/COLOR][/SIZE] this looks like an Indiana Jones prop
[/COLOR][/SIZE]


Good eye! Perhaps it is. I have no idea. I am bad at noticing details in any movies. I wouldn't know a prop if I fell over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post

F
--

shhh I am thinking of adding this on to our trip package in June. I think that with just us going, its an ideal add on. Joe has been talking about adding on a day before & a day after to our reservation, but not adding park days. This tour sounds like the perfect peek into the parks on a non-park day.
If you are thinking of it, you should definitely do it! I bet its great. Hey - its your anniversary - go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post


Love that slide!
[/SIZE][/COLOR] That sounds like a fantasic afternoon in my book!

That drink combo sounds delish! Did you bring the pomegranate lemonade or was that from the snack bar fountain? I usually just get diet coke there so don't pay much attention to the other flavors.

what a great update Mary Ellen! Sounds like another great trip for the books so far!
We had such a nice afternoon at the pool. I didn't go down the slide (mostly because it was a little cool for the pool), but it did look like a lot of fun!

The pomegranate lemonade is in maybe half of the resorts - I know that the Poly has it, POFQ has it, and OKW has it. I've seen it other places but I forget where. It may have been at the BC. I can't remember. I like it better than the regular lemonade. It's got more of a tropical flavor! It's yummy!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 02-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #1106
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,998

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Great pics as always and I love ribbons and wreaths - the more the better

I totally agree! The wreaths at all the parks and resorts were so great! I love Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post


at telling Denny and Nick they were 'off the hook' I'm sorry you didn't get to meet with Kara but like you said it is hard when you have a big family to please.

Kara had her WHOLE family there! She just surgery so she hasn't updated her TR in awhile, but that trip sounded very chaotic. I bet if Denny and Nick had gone with me to Epcot they would have gone off by themselves anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post

Glad you got to enjoy the hot tub and promote HHI as well!
Nothing better than hot tubbing AND spreading the HHI love! There was actually another person who joined us in the hot tub later who was "all ears" when it came to the HHI discussion. Maybe I just referred 2 new people to HHI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Sorry your DIS meet didn't work out! Sounds like you had a great afternoon though! Brandon and I never have relaxing pool time on our trips, I have to make more of a point to try to go to the pool on our next trip! The OKW pool area looks really nice!
I was bummed about not getting to meet up with Kara, but I did really enjoy my afternoon at the pool and I knew Kara would have wanted that. It really was a lovely pool area and I encourage you and Brandon to take some more pool time on your next trip. It's very therapeutic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
MEK, I am slowly getting caught up on all my subscribed threads. Love your after lunch time at the Studios. I was so surprised that I was the "Rebel Spy" on Star Tours last week.
Welcome back Kathy! I can't wait to hear about your wonderful trip. Congrats on being the Rebel Spy! I bet the girls got a kick out of that. Way to go!


Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We've not done the Backlot Tour in awhile...I think we need to go back on it our next trip. Our oldest was picked to be a participant in 2009 and his baseball team razzed him about it the whole trip.
It was a lot more fun than I remembered. I really enjoyed it and there are tons of picture opportunities!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I didn't mean that to come across as bashing at all, I think it can totally make sense for some folks and agree completely, they are yours and you should absolutely do as you please! For us it wouldn't make sense. If I look at our 4 nighter, it'd be 704 points. Beyond the fact that even with banking and borrowing I don't have that many, once I add in the change free it's about a wash. I do include MF though when looking at total per point cost. However, if I had the points available and hadn't planned other trips I'd have zero issues with using them! And if you weren't looking at peak seasons, etc I can definitely see where it might work much better for certain cruises. I would definitely explore the concept of partial usage in the future. I think you can do that, one person or whatever on points and some with cash. I know for a fact that we will likely do RCI trades at some point and most people bash that as well.

Cynthia - I did not think you were bashing at all. I think Pam was probably referring to other threads on the subject. I think point usage is something each person has to decide for themselves. I like Pam's logic on why points make sense. But I have to admite, I do like the idea of using partial points and partial cash for a cruise. that makes a lot of sense to me because you are not exhausting all your points, but your cash outlay is so much smaller. I agree that the more people you have doing the cruise the less feasible using points is.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #1107
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,998

Soooooooooooooooooo - I talked to the Denster about future plans and he is totally on board with a cruise in 2013 followed by a DVC stay! But more importantly, he says he is willing to consider a late November/early December trip to WDW before our AP expires.

Where's that EASY button! Don't forget - you saw it here first! Woo Hoo!

Nick is at the Sixers/Miami Heat game now, so we are watching it on TV just in case we catch a glimpse of him. His GF bought the tickets for his Xmas present.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 02-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #1108
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,380

I think since you posted that Denny agreed to your plan then it's a done deal! We read it on the DIS!

I hope they still have pomegranate lemonade at OKW in October! I will be ALL OVER that!!! I'll have to bring something special to mix in...
Mndisneygirl is offline  
Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #1109
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,014

Wohoo for the cruise & future trips in the upcoming yeat & the next!
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline  
Old 02-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #1110
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,663

Way to go Denny!
__________________
KatMark is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: