Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #1067
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
That's what we got and major neck issues was the driving force behind it. We love it. We do have issues in the winter with temperature changes in our room making us need to check the numbers more often than we'd like but we both sleep much better and have less back and neck issues. It's funny though, sometimes we sleep too well, aka too long without waking and we will wake up a little stiff from that just because we slept too long! If you go there then can do a pillow analysis and help you get the right one for you, it gave me tremendous relief.

this is really good information. I said something to Denny about it last night and he said, "who is Cynthia?" Doh! Never mind! I'll explain it to him today when I'm more awake. He just couldn't connect the name with my East Meets west roomie!

Quote:
PT and Chiro can help you get back in alignment, it doesn't need to be chronic!

Heat is good in the morning but ice is better at night as the muscles are inflamed and need to be calmed down. I thought the idea of ice on my neck sounded like torture and was amazed iwht how good it felt and how much it can help!

I really hope its not chronic, I will try the ice even though it seems weird to me. My neck felt great when I went to bed so I did nothing, but it did feel a little wierd on the treadmill.

Quote:
We have tried, it's just never panned out. I do want to do it!
Well then, we will definitely need to put it on the list for October. It might be a good option after lunch at HBD! We will need something relaxing after that meal.

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard that about BLT. I'm just trying to figure if we really need a one bedroom if I don't plan on cooking. I'm less concerned with losing the kitchen, then with losing the washer/dryer! Space wise though the studios seem about the same as one room at some of the deluxes (ones without a daybed), with a little more kitchen options (sink, micro) so outside of the w/d it seems like it'd be about the same.
I don't think I've really ever cooked in one of the full kitchens, but I certainly have used the washer/dryer.

When Brian and Nick were about your boys ages we did a studio at SSR and it worked. But I knew it was going to be the last time we could do that because they reach an age/size where they need their own bed. Looking back, we would have had more space at OKW but we loved the location we had at SSR so it worked fine. It was one of those trips where we had lots of extras planned - like Daytona and KSC, so we really weren't in the room much. Let me just say that the OKW room felt a lot bigger than our BCV studio. I say save the points while you can because you will reach a point where you can't.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #1068
MEK
DIS Veteran

The DIS is slow again today so I am going to wait until later tonight to finish replies!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #1069
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
this is really good information. I said something to Denny about it last night and he said, "who is Cynthia?" Doh! Never mind! I'll explain it to him today when I'm more awake. He just couldn't connect the name with my East Meets west roomie!

Jeff is the same way. I'll say "Mary Ellen...." and he looks at me like I have 3 heads. "You know, DIS board, Girls trip roomie, Delaware..soccer" "Oh yeah, I know who you are talking about"

Quote:
I really hope its not chronic, I will try the ice even though it seems weird to me. My neck felt great when I went to bed so I did nothing, but it did feel a little wierd on the treadmill.
Part of my problem was that I was holding my neck wrong while I did pretty much everything and things like cardio (bike was awful) made it quite a bit work. They could tell just from an initial exam at both the Chrio and the Osteopath that it was a huge issue (like my neck was curving the wrong way lol!).

Quote:
Well then, we will definitely need to put it on the list for October. It might be a good option after lunch at HBD! We will need something relaxing after that meal.
Sounds like a perfect afternoon plan to me!

Quote:
I don't think I've really ever cooked in one of the full kitchens, but I certainly have used the washer/dryer.

When Brian and Nick were about your boys ages we did a studio at SSR and it worked. But I knew it was going to be the last time we could do that because they reach an age/size where they need their own bed. Looking back, we would have had more space at OKW but we loved the location we had at SSR so it worked fine. It was one of those trips where we had lots of extras planned - like Daytona and KSC, so we really weren't in the room much. Let me just say that the OKW room felt a lot bigger than our BCV studio. I say save the points while you can because you will reach a point where you can't.
That is hugely helpful. It's looking more and more like the big family trip will be in July of 2013 which is kind of brutal point wise, or will be if I add the 2 nights this summers cruise that we are considering doing! With the July heat I'm concerned about location but I'll just have to see what is available at 7m. We can certainly stretch things a LOT farther with a studio, it's just the laundry I worry about but maybe a split stay within the same resort part 1b and part studio would be the easiest option. After the moving 3x of the last trip I'm not sure I want a split stay again. Then again, if I add the 2 nights to this trip, we will be moving 3x!
Old 01-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #1070
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I must tell you that you can have more time in the costume area you see on the Studio Backlot Tour. There is a tour called 'Backstage Magic' which is a full day tour of all four parks. You get to go behind the scenes of different attractions and departments, and one of them is the customing area. It was amazing!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 01-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #1071
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Backlot photos were great as usual! The tour was closed when we were there in Sept. I really wanted to do it again. I do miss the tour through the movie sets that used to be a part of the ride. I think that is where Lights, Action is now, the buildings were torn down for that.
Thanks and I did not know that about the buildings being torn down for Lights, Motor, Action. Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post

I understand the neck thing. Mine has been bad for years. I've been through every treatment know for my neck including a cervical fusion! Nothing works, I have a lot of trouble with carrying a purse, they are too heavy on my neck. I can't take meds as I'm allergic to nsaids, so most of the time I just tough it out.

I'm glad that your neck is doing better.
Wow - You really have been through every treatment. My girlfriend just had the cervical fusion. I am very afraid of that. I guess I just need to find out if its simply muscle spasm from bad posture or if I have arthritis/spinal stenosis, or a herniated disc. Ugh! I can't imagine being that uncomfortable AND not being able to take NSAIDs. That is a total bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
What amazing updates! Your pictures once again capture such amazing details! I really need to stop and take more things in....I miss seeing the Osboune Lights....one of my favorite things in the World!
Thanks! I'm so glad you are enjoying the pictures. And if you are a big fan of Osbourne lights than hold tight because I think I took about 130 Osbourne light photos. That's not too many, do you think?

Quote:

Jeff is the same way. I'll say "Mary Ellen...." and he looks at me like I have 3 heads. "You know, DIS board, Girls trip roomie, Delaware..soccer" "Oh yeah, I know who you are talking about"

Men! Do they think we have imaginary friends?

Quote:

Part of my problem was that I was holding my neck wrong while I did pretty much everything and things like cardio (bike was awful) made it quite a bit work. They could tell just from an initial exam at both the Chrio and the Osteopath that it was a huge issue (like my neck was curving the wrong way lol!).

I hope that's simply what my problem is. Denny says I am always leaning over my computer and that is probably contributing to it. I usually sit on a stool at the kitchen counter so I am using bad body mechanics. I am not sitting on the couch with a back rest.

Quote:

Sounds like a perfect afternoon plan to me!
Let's do it. I guess we need to start planning ADRs soon.

Quote:
That is hugely helpful. It's looking more and more like the big family trip will be in July of 2013 which is kind of brutal point wise, or will be if I add the 2 nights this summers cruise that we are considering doing! With the July heat I'm concerned about location but I'll just have to see what is available at 7m. We can certainly stretch things a LOT farther with a studio, it's just the laundry I worry about but maybe a split stay within the same resort part 1b and part studio would be the easiest option. After the moving 3x of the last trip I'm not sure I want a split stay again. Then again, if I add the 2 nights to this trip, we will be moving 3x!
If you do a split stay definitely do the larger unit second. When we moved from the 2BR villa at Kidani to 2 rooms at CSR it was quite a shocker. Come to think of it - we are doing the same thing this summer but it will only be Denny & I (and Possibly Nick) remaining at the world and we'll be at BWV so I think we can survive.

The laundry thing doesn't bother me that much, but I can see where its a concern with a longer stay and when trying to pack light to avoid excess baggage fees.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #1072
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I must tell you that you can have more time in the costume area you see on the Studio Backlot Tour. There is a tour called 'Backstage Magic' which is a full day tour of all four parks. You get to go behind the scenes of different attractions and departments, and one of them is the customing area. It was amazing!
That tour does sound pretty cool. I think its fairly expensive but doesn't require a park ticket. I know I would really enjoy it. I have been wanting to take another backstage tour for awhile. I am definitely going to save that until Denny and I have another solo trip. Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 01-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #1073
Pinkocto

Quote:
That tour does sound pretty cool. I think its fairly expensive but doesn't require a park ticket. I know I would really enjoy it. I have been wanting to take another backstage tour for awhile. I am definitely going to save that until Denny and I have another solo trip. Thanks for the suggestion!
It was on the pricey side but worth every penny. Now you just have to plan a you and Denny trip!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 01-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #1074
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was on the pricey side but worth every penny. Now you just have to plan a you and Denny trip!
I am totally doing that. It will probably be right after Nick leaves for school - Sept or October of 2013. Originally I thought I want to take Denny to HHI then, but now I think I want to go to HHI next spring and disney world in 2013. I also wouldn't mind taking a Disney cruise right around then.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #1075
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

Men! Do they think we have imaginary friends?
Probably!

Quote:
I hope that's simply what my problem is. Denny says I am always leaning over my computer and that is probably contributing to it. I usually sit on a stool at the kitchen counter so I am using bad body mechanics. I am not sitting on the couch with a back rest.
Stool is ok, if your posture is good while you are doing it. Couch can be very bad if you sit wrong so it all just depends. Going in and getting educated on how to sit and stand can really help a lot. At my last orthopedic massage he actually taped my back as a bio feedback reminder. It was wierd but it did help!

Quote:
Let's do it. I guess we need to start planning ADRs soon.

If you do a split stay definitely do the larger unit second. When we moved from the 2BR villa at Kidani to 2 rooms at CSR it was quite a shocker. Come to think of it - we are doing the same thing this summer but it will only be Denny & I (and Possibly Nick) remaining at the world and we'll be at BWV so I think we can survive.

The laundry thing doesn't bother me that much, but I can see where its a concern with a longer stay and when trying to pack light to avoid excess baggage fees.
I would definitely do larger the 2nd part, don't need laundry at the start! On a longer trip it is really nice to be able to do it in the middle. So what is the scoop on the summer trip anyway? How many nights in a treehouse and then what?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #1076
Pinkocto

Quote:
I am totally doing that. It will probably be right after Nick leaves for school - Sept or October of 2013. Originally I thought I want to take Denny to HHI then, but now I think I want to go to HHI next spring and disney world in 2013. I also wouldn't mind taking a Disney cruise right around then.
I love all these excellent plans

Old 01-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #1077
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Woodstock was a lot of fun tonight! It was so cool to watch the kids really pull it together (and the adults, too). Lots of great music and it was definitely bonding experience. Show 2 and 3 tomorrow.

Thanks for the well wishes. Comments tomorrow. I am going to bed.

Oh - and you'll love this - I am so freaking old I think I hurt my neck dancing to one of the songs.
Glad it went well, and sorry we missed it! I hope you're feeling better.

Quote:
Much earlier in the morning I canceled an ADR at Sci Fi Dine In. Why? Simply because I didn't feel like spending 90 minutes at a sit down meal. So what does Nick tell me he wants for lunch????? Yup - you guessed it! A burger. Doh! Right about now a burger and some amazing onion rings sounded pretty good.

I think we're going there in July. I'll let you know how the burger was.

Quote:
I noticed that the wait time for Star Tours was only 10 minutes. Better get a FP just in case!
Obviously a veteran DISer.

Quote:
I love this nativity scene and I love that Disney is not afraid to put it up.

Quote:
I think most of you know what's about to happen next.
Bloodthirsty crowds in gladiatorial arenas have nothing on us!

Quote:
And just when you thought the deluge was over. WRONG!
I SO want to get chosen for that.

Quote:
The rest of the crew (and I might add that these gentlemen were fairly easy on the eyes. Thank you Disney casting!

Quote:
With the marvels of movie making behind us, it was time to tour the backlot complete with Hannah Montana's house. Did this movie actually make money?
Trying to keep my daughter from acknowledging her existence yet...

Quote:
Eye balls anyone?
No thanks, I'm trying to quit.

Great pictures once again!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #1078
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I've looked at so many trip reports that at this point I'm not sure if I've ever actually done the Backlot Tour or just read about it a bunch of times. If I ever did it, it was a loong time ago.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:57 PM   #1079
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I've looked at so many trip reports that at this point I'm not sure if I've ever actually done the Backlot Tour or just read about it a bunch of times. If I ever did it, it was a loong time ago.

I feel like that sometimes too!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #1080
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Probably!
Yup, probably!

Quote:
Stool is ok, if your posture is good while you are doing it. Couch can be very bad if you sit wrong so it all just depends. Going in and getting educated on how to sit and stand can really help a lot. At my last orthopedic massage he actually taped my back as a bio feedback reminder. It was wierd but it did help!

Interesting. Well, I made the appointment with my PCP today and I'm thinking she may want to do a cervical spine film. I have Denny's insurance so I can't even get my stinking X-ray where I work. Then I am asking for PT and a chiro. I am so out of alignment today it is not even funny. I actually can't stand it.

Quote:
I would definitely do larger the 2nd part, don't need laundry at the start! On a longer trip it is really nice to be able to do it in the middle. So what is the scoop on the summer trip anyway? How many nights in a treehouse and then what?
June 10 - 15 is in the treehouse. That was 211 points and I figured that was enough for my bro and sil. The next three nights are in a studio at BWV and that is for me and Denny and Nick if he decides to stay. If he wants to go home on the 15th that is fine with me. If we fly we will arive on the 9th and I will either using up the points Denny has for the country inn and suites or stay value for a night. I would love to try the new animation place. If we decide to go to KSC I may just book a couple nights over in Cocoa beach and stay a couple extra nights. It all depends on how much time Denny can get off from work. I really want him to nail this down so I can plan the details on both ends of the trip.

Quote:
I love all these excellent plans
Since the DIS was so slow last night I didn't spend a lot of time on it - too frustrating. But I did look at points and prices for October 2013. I am thinking the 4 day Dream cruise on October 20th (our anniversary is the 21st) and then 4 nights at AKL and then I was thinking 4 nights at HHI .....OR.......a longer stay at AKL and skip HHI to visit it next spring. I don't think I can go a full year from October 2012 to 2013 without some kind of Disney fix. There's also a little part of me that would also like to get one more trip in during December 2012 before my AP expires. What chance do you think I have of talking Denny into that? I would love to go right after Thanksgiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Glad it went well, and sorry we missed it! I hope you're feeling better.

!
Thanks! My neck is a lot better, but its still not right. Honestly, that show was so loud you should be very glad you missed it. Plus the tickets were $10 so it would have been a little cost prohibitive and your kids would have been bored out of their mind. I had the only quiet song out of a set of 21 and I'm sure the grannies in the group were relieved that their ears got a break!

Quote:
I think we're going there in July. I'll let you know how the burger was.

You Do that! I'm sure the burgers are great and I know the onion rings are awesome, but I think I made the right choice given the way the rest of the day went.

Quote:
Obviously a veteran DISer.

You know it, although you did not need to be a DIS veteran when I was there. Common sense was all it took to negotiate the parks since there were a lot of first timers there.

Quote:

Quote:
Bloodthirsty crowds in gladiatorial arenas have nothing on us!

You got that right!

Quote:
I SO want to get chosen for that.

Well, according to Caitlin and Dawn its fairly easy to get picked, so I say go for it and make sure Julie takes lots and lots of pictures. Looking back, I probably should have volunterred. Oh well.

Quote:

Hey - a girl can look, can't she?

Quote:
:
Trying to keep my daughter from acknowledging her existence yet...

I can't say I blame you on that one!

Quote:
No thanks, I'm trying to quit.

Quote:
Great pictures once again!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
See what happens when you spend too much time on the DIS. You don't know what's fact and what's fiction. Perhaps you need to ride it this summer AND volunteer to be in the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

I feel like that sometimes too!

I think we all do!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: