Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #931
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hope everything is going ok with your mom, and that your drive wasn't too bad. I hate driving in traffic, too, I do anything I can to avoid it!

When we ate at Cape May in December and then were going to DHS after, I thought of just leaving the car at the BC parking lot, but I thought we might get in trouble or something! Good to know you can do that!

Great update!! Ahh, I'd give anything for a Ditch margarita right now. I love that place. La Hacienda looks so pretty, but I'm too nervous to eat there, I look at the menu and I think it's way too authentic Mexican for me! When I think of Mexican food, I think nachos and quesadillas!

All the Christmas decorations around the World are so pretty! That would have been a really nice PP picture, it's too bad it's so out of focus!

I love the decorations at the Beach Club, I took a hundred pics of that carousel too! Did you go to the Yacht Club? It is SO amazing in there for Christmas! I know everyone says the WL is the best place to stay for Christmas, but I think the Yacht Club is, I just felt SO Christmasy in there when we visited...if we go again in December (which I'm really hoping to do next year!) I will definitely be staying at the Yacht Club!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #932
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Like OMG (she says in her best SC valley girl voice) how did I not realize you had started a new TR???? Back to spend the next several hours reading......
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #933
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I just tried my first avocado margarita too!! They are pretty filling! But very good! I was also tempted by the cucumber one...

Hope everything is well with your mom!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:50 PM   #934
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

So, b&c was pretty crowded that night?

Your Rita looks fabulous!!!!!!! Yummy! Your dinner looks fabulous as well!!!

Hope things with your mom are improving I'm thinking of you!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #935
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

all caught up Mary Ellen! I have been reading on my nook, and I can't reply there, so finally I finished up tonight. DH is snoring and the dog is groaning at me occasionally to turn out the darn light. silly puppy I'm on dis!

I am bummed that we will more likely cross on the highway in June! so sad. but your extended trip sounds great, Disney time and some relaxing beach time after. I was hoping to get at least a few hours at the beach on the 9th, but we shall see how we all feel about breaking up the drive. first stretch will be to NC, then second stretch to PA.

Your pictures are all so great. That is one awesome photo on SM with the water all around. very cool.

So glad to see pics from both LTT lunch & La Hacienda == we will be eating at both places in June. did not realize there was so much seafood at La Hacienda. I am glad because Colin loves seafood, and that is our first meal in DisneyWorld (well ok we will probably have drinks and a sandwich at Hurricane Hannahs for lunch so our second meal

I hope your mom is doing okay with the new meds. I am sure you have researched them all - My MIL takes coumadin, and I had to take heparin after my c-section --- have your mom steer clear of vitamin K veggies -- broccoli and greens, or at least monitor intake. it can mess with the coumadin.

bummer that you missed your DisMeet at HS...it is strange how early they close the parks sometimes. I wonder how they figure that out? must be based on average attendance i guess. It did not look esp packed in your pics.

ok off to bed now...its late for me. Hopefully this will give me good Disney dreams (note: do not fall asleep watching ghost adventures unless you want weird beetlejuice type dreams )
Old 01-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #936
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hope everything turns out okay with your mom.

I did have to laugh when you said they were stuck in the third scene of CoP!

That roast beef sandwich sounds fabulous, and what a fun meet with Jess and her crew!

I love the OKW decorations -- actually, I love all the decoration pictures you have taken!

"You and everyone else!" I hope they don't say that to us this summer.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #937
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Hope everything with your mom is going well!

Loved your pictures from the BC and of the carousel. That is the one resort we missed seeing in November.

Looks like you still had a fun evening even when plans got changed. I hate when I do that.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #938
MEK
DIS Veteran

So sorry it is taking me so long to do replies. I promise to get to them today. I'm such a slacker.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #939
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm such a slacker.
Hmmmm....I'd get someone to beat you with a wet noodle as your penance but I seem to remember in a previous TR that you were quite fond of "noodles". Oh well...take your time...your TR's are worth the wait. BTW, are you still interested in trying muscadine wine?

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #940
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Sorry...not sure how I missed all this. I hope your mom is doing better and that the drive didn't end up being terrible. And no doubt the office move wasn't a lot of fun, either. I have found that when I'm stressed and super tired, I like reading the Dis a lot, but not responding to posts and I get all overwhelmed that I'm so far behind and...at any rate, its completely normal.

Thanks Tina! The drive wasn't bad and my mom went home today. I'll be going back up on Friday to take her to the doctor's again.

I loved commenting on TRs. Its too hard for me to read and not comment.

Quote:
You took such lovely pictures of my beautiful BC all gussied up for Christmas. OK, so it really isn't mine and I've only stayed there once, but still... I feel like we really bonded. I really hope that my mom and I get to stay here on our quick trip in October!
A lot of people lay claim to the BC. You are definitely not alone! But there's plenty of BC to go around!

Oct???? When????? F&W?????? Spill.

Quote:
Yet another positive review for La Hacienda. If I can ever tear myself away from Via Napoli, I'll check it out.
It's my second visit there and it was equally good both times. Good food and good ambiance. Put it on your list!

Quote:
And yes...Nick made a great choice. I really enjoy that ride. Why? I don't know. Its a very watered down version of IASW with cartoons and some cool firework-type effects in the ceiling. Maybe its that first minute when you're making your way through the dining room and the imagineers somehow completely succeeded in making it look like it really is the middle of the night?

I agree that the mood is set the minute that boat leaves dock. I love San Angel Inn. It does look like the middle of the night all day long.

I also love the fireworks in the ceiling. So festive!

Quote:
And Maelstrom...yes...love that one, too. Not because its a great ride. Its not. Its silly and rather pointless. That said, Mark just makes fun of this ride in the most hilarious ways, so its always a lot of fun for us, if not in the way the imagineers intended.
I'm almost afraid to ask what Mark does during that ride. I like the spot with the big oil drilling platform. It just feels "real" to me! And a little creepy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
YAY for a great evening!!!!! Your dinner at La Hacienda looks wonderful! I really want to eat there someday!!!!
You really should try it. Maybe June? I wish it was open for lunch. I think it would be a great location for lunch!

Quote:

The Christmas decorations are just something else!! Love that carousel! So beautiful!!!
Isn't that carousel so cool. I wish I had made it over to the Boardwalk to see what they had. I really enjoyed all the great decorations.

Quote:
I love NPH too...we are big How I Met Your Mother fans in my house!!!
He is just really a good actor and plays that part so well. But I bet he would do the CP with the utmost sincerity. I really would have enjoyed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Bummer that DHS closed earlier than you had planned! But "You & everyone else" is so funny! Can't flame you because we pulled that trick once.

I really couldn't believe she said that. It was so freaking funny! Thanks for no flaming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

Good luck with your appointment with mom!
Thanks Amy - the appointment went pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
no, you don't. My exMIL keeps trying to tell me that my exSIL has changed. I don't buy it. This is a woman who refused to come to my wedding shower (a lingerie shower) because I wouldn't let her 4 year old daughter open all of my presents at it. And then got really mad at me when they came to visit when Eric was 2 months old because I didn't "entertain" them enough. Um he was 2 months old and had REFLUX. Yeah, I can show you all around town at the same time, clean up after you and and cook thanksgiving dinner too!

Oh Cynthia - that sounds terrible. Your exSIL sounds like she's a tad selfish and out of touch. Who expects a new mother to entertain them.

Quote:
Stumbling distance is best.

Without a doubt!

Quote:
Good to know. Glad everyone liked La Hacienda!!!! Major bummer about the lights. I can never understand during peak times at that how an 8pm closing makes sense.
I knew they would enjoy La Hacienda. Denny and Nick are "good" eaters. They like a wide range of food.

Yeah - I was shocked at the 8pm close time although I know they occasionally close that early on Fantasmic nights.

Quote:
Good luck today!
Thanks. It went pretty well. Round two this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Hilarious!!! Someone needs to ask wigd how she got to park at the GF last trip.

I just talked to Wigd tonight on FB and she told me that story. She also told me she is going to hell for the same act of defiance. I consider it self preservation. Too funny!

Quote:

No rumor there it is the TRUTH!!!!

Good to know!!!!!

Quote:

See above and I bet those CMs at the parking lot hear all sorts of things.

I bet they do. they were checking names when we parked at the contemporary to go to the cali grill. I guess they do that at certain times of the year. Sure glad my name was on the list!

Quote:
Back to the coffee pot talk, I had one of those pod things in San Antonio and I tried to make stronger coffee and well only succeeded in making a mess.
With the pouches I tried to verifyhow much it was supposed to make. I like mine kind of strong so I I made 4 cups with pouch and it was actually not too bad.
I am afraid the small ones won't make enough. I like my animal print Mickey head mug full.
Good to know about the pods versus the pouches. That's a lot of coffee with one pouch. I like my animal print Mickey mug filled as well.

Quote:
Hope all went well today withthe drive and the Dr.
Thanks! It went pretty well and the drive was not as horrendous as I thought it might be.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #941
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Tina! The drive wasn't bad and my mom went home today. I'll be going back up on Friday to take her to the doctor's again.
That's good, I suppose. Hope Friday goes well, too. And how are rehearsals going?

Quote:
I loved commenting on TRs. Its too hard for me to read and not comment.
Then you are a better person that I am!

Quote:
A lot of people lay claim to the BC. You are definitely not alone! But there's plenty of BC to go around!

Oct???? When????? F&W?????? Spill.
Thank goodness. If we're lucky enough to go back in July, I think that's where we'll head. Or back to CSR, if I don't want to spend that much money.

Anyway, because of the AP situation, I'm taking my mom down for Food and Wine, which I know she'll love. We're going one of the two weekends after Columbus Day weekend, so October 12-14 or the following weekend. I'd like to see if I can work in a Monday, too. But I'll probably only work in Friday. But I'll definitely be on an early flight Friday and very late Sunday, so I can really get three days out of it.

When are you going?

Quote:
It's my second visit there and it was equally good both times. Good food and good ambiance. Put it on your list!
We are there twice last time!

[QUOTE=MEK;43759919]I agree that the mood is set the minute that boat leaves dock. I love San Angel Inn. It does look like the middle of the night all day long.

I also love the fireworks in the ceiling. So festive!

I'm almost afraid to ask what Mark does during that ride. I like the spot with the big oil drilling platform. It just feels "real" to me! And a little creepy! [/QUOTE}

He just repeats "Maelstrom" over and over in a very funny voice. And that mural at the beginning gets me every time.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 01-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #942
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Isn't that carousel so cool. I wish I had made it over to the Boardwalk to see what they had. I really enjoyed all the great decorations.
They had a gazebo with Stitch and Donald. I got a ton of pictures.

Quote:
I just talked to Wigd tonight on FB and she told me that story. She also told me she is going to hell for the same act of defiance. I consider it self preservation. Too funny!

I bet they do. they were checking names when we parked at the contemporary to go to the cali grill. I guess they do that at certain times of the year. Sure glad my name was on the list!
She did it twice- once for the Contemporary and then GF. I had a co - worker who used to say instead on going to hell, he would say he was driving the bus to hell, since of course he was never alone in his behavior, but he was always the worst. I would say Anita was driving the bus this time. I still can't believe she got through. She has the face of an angel.

Quote:
Good to know about the pods versus the pouches. That's a lot of coffee with one pouch. I like my animal print Mickey mug filled as well.
It was hard to judge the coffee but it turned out OK.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 01-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #943
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Was he? I bet he was great! too bad you had to stand, but I bet that show was amazingly popular with him as narrator. I really hope you had a great time that weekend.
When I called to try and make reservations for the dinner package, and there was nothing even the CM commented on how popular he was. Oh well, I learned my lesson. The CP really was very very nice, but I don't think I'll do it again unless there's someone I really want to see. We jam packed those four days like we never did before. I thought we'd be able to relax by the pool in the 'spare time' we had. Ha! Not a chance! I keep meaning to start a TR because it really was a wonderful vacation, but I haven't gotten all my pictures downloaded yet.

Hope you are having a fabulous day!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 01-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #944
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great Update! Your dinner at La Hacienda looked really good, I will have to add that one to my list. I love that mexico boat ride, I love Donald and adding him made it pretty fun but I admit part of me misses the old one, with the market vendors trying to get you to buy things and the little song. I like the Norway ride and the movie is OK but they really do need to update it.

The food at La Hacienda was really good. I definitely recommend it. My kids have always liked the boat ride in Mexico. They DON't like IASW. Perhaps its the music?

I haven't seen the Norway movie in forever. We entered the theatre just as the movie was ending. Oh darn! Denny said, "Aren't we going to stay for the next one?"

"Huh?" I just kept walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I love that Gingerbread Carrousel at BC.
Isn't it beautiful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Lol I don't think there is anything wrong with parking at BC when visiting the two parks! That's so funny about what the CM said when you went to park the car

Exactly. Plus what if I did just want to see the Xmas decorations. That could happen.

I guess that CM was gearing up for the big Christmas onslaught. We actually had our name checked later in the week, but you'll have to wait for that.

Quote:
Yay on arriving at The Ditch and enjoying a lovely drink!

It was totally yummy, but the next time I will save it for an afternoon snack. Not a good pre dinner drink. too darn gut busting!

Quote:
The Del Mar looks and sounds great! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

It was very delish! I would definitely have it again!

Quote:
Great pics of WS and all the Christmas festivities. Also love the carousel pics at BC!
Thanks! It was a beautiful evening.

Quote:
Have a fun weekend and good luck with rehearsals. I'm home sick. Oh well... And no...no idea about Shutterfly. I can barely use Photobucket.
Thanks! Rehearsal went well. It was just super long and super loud. Too much rock and roll in one small space = LOUD!!!!!

Stop - you use photobucket quite well. I actually got someone to tell me how to do it, but photobucket is A LOT quicker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I want more carousel pictures! That was so beautiful, it is hard to believe that it is made of gingerbread!
Just wait - I have plenty of pictures of the gingerbread house in the GF. That was even more impressive. I wonder what they do with those displays when the holidays are over?

Quote:
I
I don't know about that avacado rita, I'm a rita fan & an avacado fan, too, but together it sounds icky!
Then you would like it. Totally not icky at all, just really filling. Try it!

Quote:
I loved the original boat ride in Mexico, the second one wasn't too bad, but the last one is lame.
There are a few lame parts, that's for sure, but I do find it much more relaxing compared to IASW.

Quote:
Ilad to hear that the day with your mother worked out well.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Hope everything is going ok with your mom, and that your drive wasn't too bad. I hate driving in traffic, too, I do anything I can to avoid it!
Thanks Jen. Traffic is a bear, that's for sure. Surprisingly I timed it really well so I only got in traffic back here in Delaware.

Mom is doing OK, but it looks like I'll be going to her next several appointments with her.

Quote:
When we ate at Cape May in December and then were going to DHS after, I thought of just leaving the car at the BC parking lot, but I thought we might get in trouble or something! Good to know you can do that!

:
Of course you can. What if you were staying off site and just wanted to go there for a meal? What if you didn't have a park pass - you couldn't park at Epcot and go through the park. I think people on the boards sometime making the parking a big deal like you are detracting from some other guest 's experience because you took up a spot. And there were plenty of spots.

Quote:
Great update!! Ahh, I'd give anything for a Ditch margarita right now. I love that place. La Hacienda looks so pretty, but I'm too nervous to eat there, I look at the menu and I think it's way too authentic Mexican for me! When I think of Mexican food, I think nachos and quesadillas!

:
Tell me about it! Ditch ritas are good 24/7. Love them!

I hear ya on the food. sometimes I prefer just plain old americanized quesadillas to the authentic stuff, but their food is really good. I'm sure you could find something you liked.

Quote:
All the Christmas decorations around the World are so pretty! That would have been a really nice PP picture, it's too bad it's so out of focus!

I love the decorations at the Beach Club, I took a hundred pics of that carousel too! Did you go to the Yacht Club? It is SO amazing in there for Christmas! I know everyone says the WL is the best place to stay for Christmas, but I think the Yacht Club is, I just felt SO Christmasy in there when we visited...if we go again in December (which I'm really hoping to do next year!) I will definitely be staying at the Yacht Club!
I am bummed about the group picture. That could have been a great pic! Oh well. Better luck next time.

No - I did not go to the YC. I should have. I bet I would have LOVED it. didn't even think about it at the time because I think we were all pretty much done for the day. That's the problem with a short trip - never enough time!

Old 01-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #945
KatMark
DIS Veteran

MEK, hope everything is going okay with your parents.

Loved the last update. The boys -- Jeff (Mary's husband) and Andy (our son) hit the Ditch and had the "Flight" of tequila shots when we were there in September...actually they had "two" flights.

Glad that your "boys" enjoyed your choice of dinner venues.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: