Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #901
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Your texting with Jess story reminds me of Dan (FauntleroyFAN07) and I trying to get together. It was pretty difficult! Anyway, glad you got to have your meet. Yeah, the rest of the family doesn't always "get it", but oh well.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #902
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, MaryEllen. I love that shirt "I flunked anger management" so much that I bought it for our youngest son two years ago (what can I say, if the shirt fits....).
Let me tell you what - yesterday I flunked anger management - BIG TIME! It was a totally stressful day and I lost my temper more than once. Not good. I SO needed that shirt yesterday.

Quote:

Great pictures all around MK; for a DIS meet.
I really enjoyed meeting Jess. She is a doll!

Quote:
I love your pictures of OKW...it really is a beautiful resort. And I'll be back there in 17 days.
15 days now! I am such a slacker, but your daily countdown is such a pleasure. I love how excited you are and I would go back to OKW in a heartbeat, if I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
YAY, what a great update ME! I wish we could have hung out longer!! But at least we did get to meet up, I laughed so hard when Nick asked you, "what in the heck are you doing meeting up with a girl in her 20's" They just don't understand!
I forgot all about Nick saying that! See, that's why I need to hang out with 20 somethings - they have good memories!

It was a pleasure to meet you and I wish I had arrived before the boys so I could have gone to tea with you and your mom. That would have been so fun!

Quote:
Stuart is Blake's step-brother Definitely will have to meet up again and do tea or a table service meal if we are able to do the trip in October! Definitely will have to look into LTT for lunch too! And I still LOVE OKW!

!
I really hope you are able to go in October. As soon as you know for sure let me know. Christine (2xcited to sleep) talked about even doing a DIS meet Illuminations dessert party during our trip. I hope we are able to pull that off because it would be such a great opportunity to hang out with some DISers. I would love to do tea if you are up for it again.

Quote:
Blake and I have always talked about a Disney-moon. He's worked for Dept Natural Resources before in MD for the Fisheries Service and his ultimate job would be doing the guest services bass fishing excursions. We saw one this trip and if we do a Disneymoon he definitely has that on his wishlist. The more I think about it, we may end up doing a Disney cruise instead. Not sure yet, but definitely will be Disney related!
I think the cruise is a wonderful idea. How perfect!

What a great idea for a dream job. Isn't it funny how everyone has their Disney dream job. Mine is to be one of the Voices of Liberty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your folks. I hope your mom is doing better. Will your mom consider hiring a nurse to come by the house a couple times a week? Sometimes that is covered by insurance I think. If she's dead set against your dad going to a nursing home maybe she would consider that as an option so she doesn't have to do everything. It's just heartbreaking to see your loved ones get older and not be able to do what they used to. I'm so glad you and your family is able to help out when you can.
My dad did have a visiting nurse recently as well as home PT. It has to be reordered every once in awhile. The PT helps a lot. My mom isn't keen on using home health aides. It's not that she doesn't have the money, she just doesn't like people in her house. She does have a college grad come in daily to help with my dad. She is trying so hard to not put him in a nursing home and everyone wants her to put him in a home. I totally support what she's doing and as long as she can handle it health wise. We'll see how quickly she bounces back. Yes - it is heartbreaking and stressful.

Quote:

Wonderful update. How fun to get a DIS meet in there too! What good luck she had your phone number so the meet wasn't missed.
Thanks! It was a great meet and I feel like such a dope for putting her number in wrong. I think I probably did it one day at work while I was also talking on my other phone. I know I am bad with numbers and always have to check myself.

Quote:
I LOVED the changes they made to Space Mountain. It was like it was when I first went on it. I hated when they had the lights bright enough you could see everything, totally ruined the experience I thought. Now I love it again!
I agree that darker is better on Space Mountain. I love that ride. The ultimate classic theme park ride!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #903
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
That's because it's "perked"!!! Get it? It's perkier! I amuse myself at least.
Good point! It definitely made me a little perkier in the morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Mmmmmmmm! Liberty Tree Tavern....so yummy. I ate there once with Jen, Anita & family and it was delish! It's been on my radar to take Joe since, I know he'd enjoy that roast beef sandwich.
I LOVE that roast beef sandwich. Really, really good. I just LTT is so cute. It's definitely one of my "go to" places!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

Lovely pictures of OKW. I just love that resort, it's beautiful!
It really is and I kept thinking of the great video you posted - it captures OKW perfectly. You did a good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Sure hope your mom is doing better.
Thank you! I appreciate your concern!

Quote:

What a great morning at the MK! I love all the decorations and the tree.
The decorations are awesome and we really had a super fun day starting our trip at MK. It was the perfect choice.

Quote:

What a great dis meet!
It was really so nice to meet Jess and her gang. They were all so lovely! It's always great to meet someone from the DIS in person.

Quote:
Love your pictures of OKW. We have never stayed there so I am anxious to see them.
I think everyone should try it once. The rooms are big, the staff is wonderful, and the landscaping is awesome. Definitely a fav!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Hope your mom is ok!

Thanks! I am glad she was able to get home today. I know she must be thrilled. Doing much better.

Quote:

I don't know. Maybe the fact that they're all the size of Manhattan?

I really have to get a pedometer to see how far I walk in one day at Disney. I bet I'd be surprised.

Quote:

One of my favorites!

Isn't it super yummy? I could eat lunch there every time I visit MK and never get tired of it.

Quote:

Meet cool DIS people or sleep through Hall of Presidents? That's not even a contest!

Great DIS-meet!

I loved meeting Jess and I would pick her and her family over the HOP everyday. Plus if I had gone to HOP I would probably have passed out in 3 minutes. I actually really do like the attraction, but after lunch is killer.

Quote:
They are the masters...

Yeah - they've got it going on, that's for sure. Marketing extraordinaire!

Quote:

Nice job!
I actually did get 999,999 once. I hit Zurg just as he was ready to blow. Complete dumb luck, but I didn't care. It was great to gloat for about 3 minutes.

So - I have a few more replies. I will try to get to them in the am. Forgive me. I am falling alseep as I type, so time to take a break.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #904
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

I actually did get 999,999 once. I hit Zurg just as he was ready to blow. Complete dumb luck, but I didn't care. It was great to gloat for about 3 minutes.
Is that how it happens? Sarah did that last trip and we didn't know how she did it!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #905
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Ok, if I had a beat someone on the head with a bat smilie I might put it in here for your brother. Granted I don't know his situation but still! I will send you this though.

Your new office sounds like a bonus prize....once you are settled. Moving offices is not fun though, we used to do it almost annually at Starbucks and I hated it.

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. A pod is different from a k-cup, right? I am sure that DVC will be the last one to convert to anything new since they don't provide coffee for DVC. I suspect we will be fine with our tiny coffee maker. I forgot to mention that the coffee maker is bigger in the OKW studio ( and loud - ughhhhhh!). But, yes, research is in order and backup VIAs.

Get this - I had to use a stove top percolator at my moms. It was surprisingly easy and the coffee was hot and strong. Not bad. I think I get more of a caffiene buzz when its perked.

TIW is great for lunches at the TS restaurants. I';m glad that it will still be good in October, so we should be good!
You know when our power goes out we use a stainless steel french press and it's the bomb. We also take it camping. Works SO much better than a glass one for keeping the heat in. A percolator can be ok if you drink it right away but if it sits...ugh. Yeah, pods are different than K Cups. We'll be fine, as long as we have coffee/pods/filters or cups that actually work with whatever is in the studio lol! I'd imagine though if it's pods...they'd have to sell some there right? Whether the coffee is any good might be another question.

Very cool that your TIW will still be good in Oct!

Quote:
I think it is going to get a lot more stressful with my dad at my brothers house. I'm worried about that because my mom is not going to be able to jump right back into taking care of him.
Can you get the home aid to go to your brothers in the short term until she is better? How stressful.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #906
amazingact21
Upendi

All those pictures of Magic Kingdom with Christmas decorations makes me wish I were there during the holidays. The tree and poinsettias were gorgeous.

And I loved, loved, loved your BTMRR photos! Captured a typical early morning ride on the attraction, perfectly.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 01-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #907
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Brothers Shame on him. I'm sorry you have to deal with that with all the rest that is happening.

Very good news your mom was able to be discharged.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 01-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #908
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm so sorry about your mom, hope she gets well soon!
Thanks Jen. She sounded much better today so I definitely think she is getting her "sea legs" back. (we use that phrase at work a lot, although it is kind of silly).

Quote:
Great MK morning! I love LTT for lunch! Dinner is good, but lunch is really good, I really need to go back on our next trip!
I totally agree. Lunch is the best!

Quote:
Fun DIS meet! I have a feeling if/when I do a DIS meet, Brandon won't want to be a part of it, he thinks this whole Disney message board thing is weird.
I think you are either into it or you're not, which is OK. Meeting Jess was a lot of fun and I hope I get to see her again in October.

Quote:

I love your pictures of Main Street, so beautiful! I can't believe YOU got a blurry balloon pic!
Yes - I did! I almost didn't post it for that reason. But its a very visual reminder that I need to do better in June!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
At both AKl and SSR i had an 8 cup coffee maker with the coffee filter pouch thing. Did not seem like the usual stuff. I brought my own but at SSR I got extra coffee so I tried it and it was OK.

You know what - I think they had the pouches at OKW too. In the studio we had a full size coffee maker which I did not expect at all. I can't stand those stupid little ones. I think I need an owners locker and a small keurig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I love the picture of the lighthouse. It was framed so well by the palm trees.
Thank you! The lighthouse at OKW is such a nice touch. There is actually a sauna in there.

Quote:

So sorry to hear about your mother, I've been down that road a few times. DH's step mom had to be assisted as did his stepfather. My dad had Altzheimers & Mom had to go in nursing home & hospice the last several months of her life. At least you are close enough to be able to provide some help. It was rough for us since Mom & Dad were 800 miles away.
Precisely the reason I don't push for a move, because once Nick is in school I would like nothing better than to go south. But maybe I can be a snowbird and do a 6 week rental in Jan and Feb. That might tide me over until spring.

That must have been very difficult for you to be so far away from your parents.

Hey - have you updated yet???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
I'm sorry to read about your mom being admitted into hospital but am glad she's doing better

Thanks Tanz. She sounded way better tonight. That was very encouraging.

Quote:

Great pictures as usual!

Thanks!

Quote:

Wow at the woman in the group at LTT - am glad she was okay once the food had arrived. Denny's meal does look rather yummy!

I'm glad she settled down too because she did NOT seem happy when they arrived, that's for sure.

Quote:

Lol what is it with men and meeting people from these boards! Zaheer was the same during our trip. Anyway yay on a DIS meet! Sounds like you had a great time!

Denny actually did meet Christine who was my first DIS meet and he was cool about it. I think because Nick was with him they decided just to do their own thing. I guess Denny figures if I can vacation and room with "internet strangers" then I'm OK for a 1/2hr by myself.

Quote:

I still have to experience People mover - it's one of the things that I never did get to fit into my plans.

Really????? See what happens when you go during the low crowds - you never have to use the People Mover as a time filler. It's great for heavy crowds when you are waiting for a FP to be due. I just love it. It's very nostalgic for me because it reminds me of my first trip.

Quote:

Great pics of OKW!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Your texting with Jess story reminds me of Dan (FauntleroyFAN07) and I trying to get together. It was pretty difficult! Anyway, glad you got to have your meet. Yeah, the rest of the family doesn't always "get it", but oh well.
I don't even want to tell you how badly I screwed up her number when I put it in my phone. Let's just say I got the first 3 numbers and the area code correct. Old age is tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Is that how it happens? Sarah did that last trip and we didn't know how she did it!!!
Yup - when the lights on Zurg are light up to his head and you hit the target on the bottom (I think - I have to see him to actually identify it) you get 999,999. It's only happened to me once but I sure was excited when it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Ok, if I had a beat someone on the head with a bat smilie I might put it in here for your brother. Granted I don't know his situation but still! I will send you this though.
I think his wife stirs the pot sometimes and they think because their kids are little their life is more stressful. I actually think having teens is worse even though you don't have kids up your you know what every second.

Quote:
Your new office sounds like a bonus prize....once you are settled. Moving offices is not fun though, we used to do it almost annually at Starbucks and I hated it.

I am almost all settled. the file cabinet came today and I have been staying late to get everything put away. I have more room and more shelves so I am going to add a Disney touch to my office tomorrow. I really like it!

Quote:
You know when our power goes out we use a stainless steel french press and it's the bomb. We also take it camping. Works SO much better than a glass one for keeping the heat in. A percolator can be ok if you drink it right away but if it sits...ugh. Yeah, pods are different than K Cups. We'll be fine, as long as we have coffee/pods/filters or cups that actually work with whatever is in the studio lol! I'd imagine though if it's pods...they'd have to sell some there right? Whether the coffee is any good might be another question.
I am not completely sure how a french press works. Interesting.

I think at VWL (or if we move to BWV) we will have the tiny little pot that I hate. OKW studio has a full size Mr coffee pot. I still want a keurig.

Quote:

Very cool that your TIW will still be good in Oct!

I know! It's already paid for itself and then some, so from here on out its straight up savings!

Quote:
Can you get the home aid to go to your brothers in the short term until she is better? How stressful.
They actually hire a friend's son (college grad without job) to come in everyday. He is great with my dad and a very nice boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
All those pictures of Magic Kingdom with Christmas decorations makes me wish I were there during the holidays. The tree and poinsettias were gorgeous.
The holidays are such a festive time to visit. I definitely want to visit again at Christmas. I'm plotting for 2013 already. And who doesn't love a pretty poinsettia or a whole tree of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post

And I loved, loved, loved your BTMRR photos! Captured a typical early morning ride on the attraction, perfectly.
Thanks! I can't take all the credit - I had a little help from that impromptu stop.

Quote:
Brothers Shame on him. I'm sorry you have to deal with that with all the rest that is happening.

Very good news your mom was able to be discharged.
I talked to him after that comment and he did seem a little bit sorry so I'll let him slide....for now!

I'm glad my mom is home and she seemed really well today when I talked to her, so that is definitely positive.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #909
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Getting caught up on your last couple of updates, I'm sorry about your mom being sick but glad she is home. Hope all goes well and she continues to recover.

Great pics of the decorations on Main street. I love the distance shot of the tree from the Peoplemover, too.

Great score on Buzz! I'm lucky if I get over 1,000.

Too badyour Balloon pic is blurry. Do you know if that clear Tink Balloon is a new one? I like it, I don't remember seeing it when we were there last.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 01-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #910
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

You are lucky to find someone that you can trust to help with your Dad.

It was hard having my parents so far away, Mom was wanting us to come to Florida. It wasn't easy to go, because of life, kids, jobs, etc.

We are planning to do the snowbird thing as Bob won't move to Florida!

I did do an update on Tuesday.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 01-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #911
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I think I need an owners locker and a small keurig.
I think you do too!

Quote:
I think his wife stirs the pot sometimes and they think because their kids are little their life is more stressful. I actually think having teens is worse even though you don't have kids up your you know what every second.
OMG she sounds like my exSIL from you know where. I TOTALLY agree that teens are worse. And TWEENS. Especially certain ones. And this is from someone who was a single mom when they were little and worked full time.

Quote:
I am almost all settled. the file cabinet came today and I have been staying late to get everything put away. I have more room and more shelves so I am going to add a Disney touch to my office tomorrow. I really like it!
YAY for a Disney Touch! Other than pictures (of which I have LOT from Disney in my office lol) I covered up mine, which was a calendar I made for 2011. Need to make a new one but it felt like too much work. Pathetic huh. What's the Disney touch you are adding?

Quote:
I am not completely sure how a french press works. Interesting.
Well, it requires hot water so you'd still need something to give you the hot (boiling) water.

Quote:
I think at VWL (or if we move to BWV) we will have the tiny little pot that I hate. OKW studio has a full size Mr coffee pot. I still want a keurig.

I know the tiny pot of which you speak. It could get ugly fast. It was so funny, on our grand gathering trip when we had 2 rooms at WL we took both and put it in our bathroom. One for Jeff and one for me. Worked fine. At the YC we only had one and it was SOOOO slow we'd have been better off ordering room service or heading down to the lobby bar and buying espresso. It sucked! And gave us each one measly tiny cup. The minute it finished, we'd have to start it again/

Quote:
I know! It's already paid for itself and then some, so from here on out its straight up savings!

Quote:
They actually hire a friend's son (college grad without job) to come in everyday. He is great with my dad and a very nice boy.

I'm glad my mom is home and she seemed really well today when I talked to her, so that is definitely positive.
Very good news!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #912
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Getting caught up on your last couple of updates, I'm sorry about your mom being sick but glad she is home. Hope all goes well and she continues to recover.
Thanks. I am going to see her today and take her for lab work.

Quote:
Great pics of the decorations on Main street. I love the distance shot of the tree from the Peoplemover, too.
Thanks! I totally lucked out on that tree shot. I had no idea I even took that. Sometimes the spontaneous shots are the best.

Quote:
Great score on Buzz! I'm lucky if I get over 1,000.
Oh, believe me, I have had my fair share of completely pathetic scores!

Quote:
Too badyour Balloon pic is blurry. Do you know if that clear Tink Balloon is a new one? I like it, I don't remember seeing it when we were there last.
I don't know, but it is a cool balloon.

Quote:
You are lucky to find someone that you can trust to help with your Dad.

It was hard having my parents so far away, Mom was wanting us to come to Florida. It wasn't easy to go, because of life, kids, jobs, etc.

The kid that is helping with my dad is actually someone we have know for awhile. Not him, per say, but his entire family. My mother and his grandmother have been friends forever. My dad loves him and he doesn't mind doing "dirty work", if you know what I mean. Plus he is desperate for a pay check and that can really motivate someone. And its not a bad thing to have on a resume because I think it shows character. So its good all the way around.

Quote:
We are planning to do the snowbird thing as Bob won't move to Florida!
I would LOVE to be a snowbird! Lucky you!

Quote:
I did do an update on Tuesday.
I saw it (finally) and it got me all choked up. You need to stop that.

Quote:
I think you do too!

I'm going to talk to Denny about getting one while we are down there this summer.

Quote:

OMG she sounds like my exSIL from you know where. I TOTALLY agree that teens are worse. And TWEENS. Especially certain ones. And this is from someone who was a single mom when they were little and worked full time.

After I introduced my SIL to my brother I got a true view of her personality and then it was too late. I used to work with her. At the time we had the same job category, but in different departments. I watched her completely try to throw me under the bus with our supervisor with statements that implied I was not doing my job and the nurses I was responsible for were going to her for help, when they should be going to me. Long story. Isolated episode, but it pissed me off so bad because I worked my "you know what off" in that job. My kids were little and I had flexible part time hours so I tried to do 40 hr of work in 30. While she had her hour lunch and afternoon walk I was eating in the office. I don't think I ever forgot that she did that because in all my years of working I have NEVER had anyone do something like that. I have always had a rep as being dependable, knowledgeable, and a hard worker. It was a slap in the face.

So I KNOW she stirs the pot. Once you have that little evil side to your personality, you don't get rid of it - EVER. NUFF said.

Quote:

YAY for a Disney Touch! Other than pictures (of which I have LOT from Disney in my office lol) I covered up mine, which was a calendar I made for 2011. Need to make a new one but it felt like too much work. Pathetic huh. What's the Disney touch you are adding?

I took in a few of my plushes yesterday and I think I am going to use my post card collection somewhere in the office. I never see the things I have upstairs, so it will be great to have "in my face" Disney while at work. However, I was so busy this week I didn't get a chance to finish my interior design efforts.

Quote:
I know the tiny pot of which you speak. It could get ugly fast. It was so funny, on our grand gathering trip when we had 2 rooms at WL we took both and put it in our bathroom. One for Jeff and one for me. Worked fine. At the YC we only had one and it was SOOOO slow we'd have been better off ordering room service or heading down to the lobby bar and buying espresso. It sucked! And gave us each one measly tiny cup. The minute it finished, we'd have to start it again/

Maybe we should stay at OKW so we can have a big, new pot like the one I had last month.

Haha - kidding. We need to be back by Epcot.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #913
MEK
DIS Veteran

You and Everyone Else!

You and Everyone Else!

I had good intentions of an update last night, but it didn't happen. I am off today and I am driving to my brothers to take my mom for her lab work. I have estimated that it will be about 4 hours of driving total. I'm not sure if that is the best use of my time, but I am doing this in my effort to "step up to the plate". Considering I freaking HATE to drive in traffic, this will be a true test of my fortitude, not to mention a test of my car's mpg.

If I am behind in reading your TR, please forgive me. Rough week. I also need to update my links and I need to put up my new ticker in (courtesy of Cynthia). Those things must wait for a bit.

So, on with the TR. Let's see how far I get.

When I left off we had just returned to our OKW room after a smashing first day in MK. I briefly considered the pool, but once I went recumbent on the bed - Well, you know what happened next! I had the best 20-30 minute power nap. When I woke up I saw that Nick had also passed out, but Denny was on his computer doing work.

By now it was well after 4pm and I wanted to get over to Epcot to hit the Ditch before dinner at La Hacienda. I hopped in the shower and got ready. Then the boys followed suit.

It turned out that my plans were a little too grandiose for the evening. I wanted to hit the Ditch, have dinner, and then head over to see the Osbourne lights. Unfortunately, there was a flaw with my plan. But I did not realize that until later.

So I put my thinking cap on and decided that the most efficient way to do this would be to park at the BC, a nice central location to both parks.

Now I know their might be some super self righteous DISers who might flame me for parking at a resort I was not visiting, but my opinion is that the BC is a public place and if I want to park there, even to visit for a brief minute, there is no law that says I can't.

So off to the BC we went. I was in the back seat, so I told Denny to tell the attendant that we were having dinner at Beaches and Cream. For some reason he has trouble with this name - he wants to say "Peaches and Cream" or "Beaches and Dream" Ughhhhh! So, of course, he has to practice his line a few times before we pull up.

We get to the attendant CM and he says, "We are having dinner and ...er......at Beaches and ......Cream".

She says (and very dead pan, I might add), "Yeah - you and everyone else".

I said to Denny, "what did she say?" and he repeated it.

So perhaps I better change my line the next time!

I think the ladies in the car ahead of us used the same line.

Why do I say that? Because we parked over near the villas and so did they. And we literally followed them into Epcot. They were all dressed in Christmasy red and green and by my calculations they were doing a CP dinner.

We actually walked right through the lobby of the villas and I tried to grab a quick picture of the tree

This tree was gorgeous and the decorations in here were so lovely. It made me want to stay there in a big way.

Horrible pic, but I was practically walking backwards to take it in order to keep up with the boys

I took some bad cell phone pictures of C's private entrance, but didn't post them because they stink. I was actually going to use one for FB, but they were too blurry. So I said Hi to C' private entrance and the lovely CM's fighting to get their picture taken.

We practically flew past England, but I did manage to dial up the phone booths a few times. I even got people to answer. My line was "Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas". But no one would answer back. What's wrong with these people (I found out the problem later).

Nick wanted to know what I was doing, so I let him in on the game making him swear he would not tell Denny so I could call Denny later in the trip.

Finally we arrived at the Ditch.

A table opened up and within minutes I had this little beauty.....

The avocado margarita. YUM! This was SO good!

Exactly 30 seconds later it looked like this.

Yup!

Denny tried the jalapeno rita and he must have really liked it because he didn't say one word about the price tag. (earlier at home he told me he would not pay $14 for a rita - now way, no how!).

I asked to settle the bill as soon as it arrived because it was already 5:40pm and out dinner ADR was at 6pm. Then I relaxed, enjoyed the rest of my drink, and watched people at a table near me do shots of tequila. Nice!

So what did I think of the avocado rita?

It was really, really good and actually a little on the sweet side. It was also very filling, unlike the jalapeno. So, it was probably not the best choice pre dinner because it was almost like a meal in a glass. Next time I will stick with something clear instead of something thick if I am going to eat right afterwards, because I didn't like already being half full when I ordered dinner.

Also - has anyone ever heard the myth about the tie died cheesecake and the effects of all that food coloring. Well, I have never personally tested out that myth, but I have to say that all that green in the avocado rita definitely had some food coloring properties, if you know what I mean?

So there you have it - probably a little TMI.

We arrived a few minutes early for our 6pm ADR at La Hacienda. Time for a few pictures.....

Denny and Nick immediately loved this place, so I was happy I decided to make an ADR here.

More cool lights

As you can see here, I decided to go with some type of Mexican beer before dinner. I knew if I had another rita I would be way to full to eat anything. Forget what I ordered, but I enjoyed it.

I would have been happy to have ordered the bean soup and a salad, but Denny and I decided to split the Del Mar

Del Mar - Mixed grill offering mahi-mahi, shrimp, scallops and vegetables, served with beans and fresh salsas $49.95

This was an excellent choice if you enjoy fish and seafood. Very fresh and flavorful.

You can see I didn't put a lot on my plate

Nick had the shrimp tacos

Tacos de Camarones - Fried shrimp, chipotle-lime aioli, cabbage, lime and salsa verde, all served over flour tortillas $22.95

We gave him a scallop to try

I really enjoyed dinner, but not surprisingly Denny and I had plenty of left overs which we were able to take home with us. I know that serving dish doesn't look big in that view, but there was more than enough food for the two of us.

Now here is where I had my second DOH moment for the day. I mentioned that I wanted to get over to HS to see the Osbourne lights. I figured HS had to be open at least until 9pm, if not 10pm. So at dinner I checked my phone app and saw that HS actually closed at 8pm. WHAT????? I couldn't believe it.

This was especially annoying because I was going to DIS meet with kara (karajeboo) We had texted earlier and I told her those were my plans. So sitting at dinner I texted her back and said I had miscalculated and there was no way we could get over there for an 8pm close. I was totally bummed because I wanted to meet kara. She was finishing a big family vacation and going home the next day. In fact, here is a link to her TR which is hugely funny and I suggest you sub. It's a hoot. Trust me. Have I ever steered you wrong before?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851043

So we made tentative plans to meet the next day in Epcot for a brief hello before Kara and her family had to begin their drive home to SC.

Oops - I almost forgot about dessert. I love having Nick there. Such a great excuse to order dessert and get a quick taste test. This was very good.

Empanada de Manzana - puff pastry filled with sauteed caramel apples and vanilla bean ice cream with Kahlua sauce $7.95

I was bummed I had screwed up my DIS meet with kara, but I relaxed a bit because I didn't have to rush to another park.

Nick insisted we do a ride. His choice.....

Continued.........

Old 01-13-2012, 06:17 AM   #914
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yes, long live Donald

This was actually a nice way to veg after dinner. Good choice Nick. Perfectly planned.

Next stop was Norway we were did our second boat ride of the evening.

I usually find this ride a little underwhelming, but I decided just to focus on the details. This helped me just sit back and enjoy.

Necessary picture in the shop

This caught my eye

Has anyone ever had it? Any good? Just curious.

The decorations were low key, but so very pretty

The story tellers were out (major cropping action in this picture)

Unfortunately, they were just finishing when we arrived.

We continued to walk the world showcase.

Random light at the out post

The Candlelight Processional was in full swing

I've seen this show a couple times and really didn't plan it into our schedule this trip. As much as I love this show, we were all too beat to stand there and watch much of it.

In case you were wondering who the narrators are.

I have to admit I would totally love to see Neil Patrick Harris do the narration. We watch that darn "How I Met Your Mother" constantly (Nick must DVR it) and it is pretty funny.

As you can see it is 8:30pm and Illuminations is still another hour away

Gotta love this shirt

We continued to finish the loop without any additional stops.

Here's what good have been a good picture if the PP photographer had tried harder.

I did not feel the need to see Illuminations ( probably because I saw it like 5 times in May...lol) and apparently neither Denny or Nick cared, so we headed back through the lovely BC lobby

One of my goals was to see the resort Christmas decorations and I really wanted to see THIS....

Yeah, I took about a bagillion pictures of it. What did you expect - one or two?

But for time sake that is all I will post.

We headed back to the parking lot via the quiet pool (which was being refurb'd)

Old 01-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #915
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
I had good intentions of an update last night, but it didn't happen. I am off today and I am driving to my brothers to take my mom for her lab work. I have estimated that it will be about 4 hours of driving total. I'm not sure if that is the best use of my time, but I am doing this in my effort to "step up to the plate". Considering I freaking HATE to drive in traffic, this will be a true test of my fortitude, not to mention a test of my car's mpg.
Good luck with the drive. Hope everything goes well.

Quote:
By now it was well after 4pm and I wanted to get over to Epcot to hit the Ditch before dinner at La Hacienda.
The Ditch?

Quote:
Now I know their might be some super self righteous DISers who might flame me for parking at a resort I was not visiting, but my opinion is that the BC is a public place and if I want to park there, even to visit for a brief minute, there is no law that says I can't.
Well, next time park at DTD and sneak onto the resort bus.

Quote:
She says (and very dead pan, I might add), "Yeah - you and everyone else".

Quote:
Also - has anyone ever heard the myth about the tie died cheesecake and the effects of all that food coloring. Well, I have never personally tested out that myth, but I have to say that all that green in the avocado rita definitely had some food coloring properties, if you know what I mean?

I seem to be using that smiley a lot in this update.

Quote:
Now here is where I had my second DOH moment for the day. I mentioned that I wanted to get over to HS to see the Osbourne lights. I figured HS had to be open at least until 9pm, if not 10pm. So at dinner I checked my phone app and saw that HS actually closed at 8pm. WHAT????? I couldn't believe it.
D'oh! is exactly right.

Quote:
This was especially annoying because I was going to DIS meet with kara (karajeboo) We had texted earlier and I told her those were my plans. So sitting at dinner I texted her back and said I had miscalculated and there was no way we could get over there for an 8pm close. I was totally bummed because I wanted to meet kara.
Double D'oh!

Quote:

Has anyone ever had it? Any good? Just curious.
Sounds like caveman beer.

Quote:
Here's what good have been a good picture if the PP photographer had tried harder.
Yeah, using things like the "focus" might have been helpful.

Quote:
One of my goals was to see the resort Christmas decorations and I really wanted to see THIS....

Yeah, I took about a bagillion pictures of it. What did you expect - one or two?
Can't blame you there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: