Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #886
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

As Melissa would say - Epic Fail on the balloon pictures!

LTT has a great lunch. I think its like going to the plaza for lunch except they have same choices that are more like dinner options. I also think the price is pretty reasonable. I think our meal was probably $20 more than counter service (with TIW), so it was worth it!

OMG - the ticker looks so good. I have to download to this computer now that I'm home, but I'm still worried I won't be able to make it work.
We are going to have to do some homework on coffee makers before we go, depending on where we end up. I'm all paranoid now that Melissa ended up in a pod scenario! Remembering the filters won't do us a whole lot of good then.

LTT would be good OOP I think, it never seemed to make sense to me on the DDP. With TIW I can see it totally working.

And hey, you had all the amazing Christmas decorations to take pictures of...I can see how the balloons fell by the wayside.

Hoping your mom is doing better that kind of stuff is very stressful.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #887
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, MaryEllen. I love that shirt "I flunked anger management" so much that I bought it for our youngest son two years ago (what can I say, if the shirt fits....).

Great pictures all around MK; for a DIS meet.

I love your pictures of OKW...it really is a beautiful resort. And I'll be back there in 17 days.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #888
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Mmmmmmmm! Liberty Tree Tavern....so yummy. I ate there once with Jen, Anita & family and it was delish! It's been on my radar to take Joe since, I know he'd enjoy that roast beef sandwich.

Lovely pictures of OKW. I just love that resort, it's beautiful!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 01-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #889
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Sure hope your mom is doing better.

What a great morning at the MK! I love all the decorations and the tree.

What a great dis meet!

Love your pictures of OKW. We have never stayed there so I am anxious to see them.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #890
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Sorry for the Delay With this update! I had it all written on Friday, but got an emergency call that my mom was admitted to the hospital on Friday with Atrial Fibrillation (an irregular, fast heart rhythm).
Hope your mom is ok!

Quote:
What is it about walking the parks that really works up a hunger?
I don't know. Maybe the fact that they're all the size of Manhattan?

Quote:
And where exactly where we heading for lunch? Well, LTT, of course.
One of my favorites!

Quote:
Of course, Denny and Nick had no desire to meet an “internet stranger” and they had previously decided they wanted to see the Hall of Presidents after lunch.
Meet cool DIS people or sleep through Hall of Presidents? That's not even a contest!

Quote:
It was great to see her and she wore a Salisbury U shirt just so she would stick out in the crowd.
Great DIS-meet!

Quote:
Disney is so smart. Despite Nick and Denny being in third and fourth place all that time, they ended up in first and second. Way to get you to go for a second round.
They are the masters...

Quote:
Silly people in the standby line. Instead of standing in line for 30 minutes you too could have ridden the People Mover twice and play a game in the arcade.

Quote:
Success. My Final Score

Nice job!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #891
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

YAY, what a great update ME! I wish we could have hung out longer!! But at least we did get to meet up, I laughed so hard when Nick asked you, "what in the heck are you doing meeting up with a girl in her 20's" They just don't understand!

Stuart is Blake's step-brother Definitely will have to meet up again and do tea or a table service meal if we are able to do the trip in October! Definitely will have to look into LTT for lunch too! And I still LOVE OKW!

Blake and I have always talked about a Disney-moon. He's worked for Dept Natural Resources before in MD for the Fisheries Service and his ultimate job would be doing the guest services bass fishing excursions. We saw one this trip and if we do a Disneymoon he definitely has that on his wishlist. The more I think about it, we may end up doing a Disney cruise instead. Not sure yet, but definitely will be Disney related!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!

Last edited by Roxychica7; 01-09-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #892
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
What a fabulous day you had! I love LTT for lunch and I do have to agree with you about the sizes of desserts etc...definitely less than!!

Yeah! Another fan of LTT lunch! I love LTT and the Plaza for lunch. But I also like Peco Bills and Columbia Harbor House for lunch. So many good choices.

I hate that the desserts are shrinking because it makes splitting one more difficult.

Quote:

Don't ya just love a good Dis-meet? Looks like a great group!

!
I juat wish we had more time to DIS meet! Yes - they were a great group! And I hope I get to see Jess again in October!

Quote:

Love all the shots you got of the Christmas decorations...makes me want a Christmas trip very badly!
I think it is fun to visit during the Christmas decorations - at least once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I needed that shirt this last trip. Actually Yosemite Sam would have worked better.

Uh Oh - That doesn't sound too good!

Quote:
I
Good to hear. I seemed to have a love/ hate this last trip. BTW - I started it - lnk in my sig.

Thanks for the heads up. I was already cracking up over your ride to the airport. Not a great way to start.

Quote:
It is always hard and hopefully you both can continue to help each other as much as each of you can. A tough situation.

It's a little rough right now because no one thinks my mom sound be taking care of my dad. Everyone wants him in a nursing home and my mother is dead set against it. But she is reluctant to accept help in her house to take care of him. Its a day by day situation right now.

Quote:
The house my MIL was in was very much like that. A bit scary too since she still had fuses.
Oh Boy - I haven't seen one of those type of fuse boxes in awhile. I actually had to go get the fuses (or whatever you call it now? breakers?) in my mom's house and everything in that box looked up to date. That was a relief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I hope your mom's health improves quickly!
thanks Sheree! She's waiting on the result of her echo and cat scan. Her cardiologist wants to do a cardioversion to try to get her out of A Fib, but she doesn't want it done. Oy to the Vey!

Quote:
Great pictures of a fun day at MK!!! I love the Christmas decorations. When we went in Dec. 09, I took a picture of almost everything that had a wreath, tree or ornament!!
I love the decorations. I just wish it had been a little less crowded. That's why I have all building tops on the way out of the park. Too many people milling around. I would love to see the decorations when its a little less crowded.

Quote:
I really appreciate the OKW pictures too!! We're still waiting to hear about our closing on our contract (that's making me nervous).
I love that area of OKW near the hospitality house. I hope you hear something soon. You must be so tired of waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
What a magical MK day!!! I love LTT and your lunch looked amazing!! And a wonderful DIS meet with Jess!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!
It really was a great MK, although the boys did miss the new queue to HM. But I know they'll see it this summer.

Lunch was great and meeting Jess was so fun!

Quote:
Loved your pictures they are amazing!!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Can't wait for more!
Well at least I have pictures edited for several more updates so I hope to get another in by the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
We are going to have to do some homework on coffee makers before we go, depending on where we end up. I'm all paranoid now that Melissa ended up in a pod scenario! Remembering the filters won't do us a whole lot of good then.

I was thinking the same thing. A pod is different from a k-cup, right? I am sure that DVC will be the last one to convert to anything new since they don't provide coffee for DVC. I suspect we will be fine with our tiny coffee maker. I forgot to mention that the coffee maker is bigger in the OKW studio ( and loud - ughhhhhh!). But, yes, research is in order and backup VIAs.

Get this - I had to use a stove top percolator at my moms. It was surprisingly easy and the coffee was hot and strong. Not bad. I think I get more of a caffiene buzz when its perked.

Quote:
LTT would be good OOP I think, it never seemed to make sense to me on the DDP. With TIW I can see it totally working.
TIW is great for lunches at the TS restaurants. I';m glad that it will still be good in October, so we should be good!

Quote:
And hey, you had all the amazing Christmas decorations to take pictures of...I can see how the balloons fell by the wayside.
Good point! The Christmas decorations do make you forget about the balloons.

Quote:
Hoping your mom is doing better that kind of stuff is very stressful.
I think it is going to get a lot more stressful with my dad at my brothers house. I'm worried about that because my mom is not going to be able to jump right back into taking care of him.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #893
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sorry I can't get to all the replies now. My office is supposed to be moving and I am waiting patiently for my computer and "stuff" to go. It's the biggest uncoordinated effort ever! So frustrating.

Be back later tonight!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #894
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I'm sorry to hear about your folks. I hope your mom is doing better. Will your mom consider hiring a nurse to come by the house a couple times a week? Sometimes that is covered by insurance I think. If she's dead set against your dad going to a nursing home maybe she would consider that as an option so she doesn't have to do everything. It's just heartbreaking to see your loved ones get older and not be able to do what they used to. I'm so glad you and your family is able to help out when you can.

Wonderful update. How fun to get a DIS meet in there too! What good luck she had your phone number so the meet wasn't missed.

I LOVED the changes they made to Space Mountain. It was like it was when I first went on it. I hated when they had the lights bright enough you could see everything, totally ruined the experience I thought. Now I love it again!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 01-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #895
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah! Another fan of LTT lunch! I love LTT and the Plaza for lunch. But I Get this - I had to use a stove top percolator at my moms. It was surprisingly easy and the coffee was hot and strong. Not bad. I think I get more of a caffiene buzz when its perked.
That's because it's "perked"!!! Get it? It's perkier! I amuse myself at least.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #896
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry about your mom, hope she gets well soon!

Great MK morning! I love LTT for lunch! Dinner is good, but lunch is really good, I really need to go back on our next trip!

Fun DIS meet! I have a feeling if/when I do a DIS meet, Brandon won't want to be a part of it, he thinks this whole Disney message board thing is weird.

I love your pictures of Main Street, so beautiful! I can't believe YOU got a blurry balloon pic!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #897
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
At both AKl and SSR i had an 8 cup coffee maker with the coffee filter pouch thing. Did not seem like the usual stuff. I brought my own but at SSR I got extra coffee so I tried it and it was OK.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #898
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I love the picture of the lighthouse. It was framed so well by the palm trees.

So sorry to hear about your mother, I've been down that road a few times. DH's step mom had to be assisted as did his stepfather. My dad had Altzheimers & Mom had to go in nursing home & hospice the last several months of her life. At least you are close enough to be able to provide some help. It was rough for us since Mom & Dad were 800 miles away.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 01-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #899
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to read about your mom being admitted into hospital but am glad she's doing better

Great pictures as usual!

Wow at the woman in the group at LTT - am glad she was okay once the food had arrived. Denny's meal does look rather yummy!

Lol what is it with men and meeting people from these boards! Zaheer was the same during our trip. Anyway yay on a DIS meet! Sounds like you had a great time!

I still have to experience People mover - it's one of the things that I never did get to fit into my plans.

Great pics of OKW!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #900
MEK
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the well wishes for my mom. She got discharged today on two heart rate control meds and Coumadin. In about 3 weeks she will have a scheduled cardioversion to see if her heart will go back into a normal sinus rhythm.

She is now with my dad at my brothers and my brother already told me I need to "step up to the plate". That did NOT go over well, as you can imagine.

Anyho - things are a little stressful here, but that's life.

I will be back later tonight with replies. At least I am in my office and my furniture and computer are there, plus someone helped me find an awesome file cabinet today. Believe me, this move was entirely unplanned and a struggle from the word go. It has not been a pleasant experience. My office was given to a new employee (a doctor) and clearly he trumps me, but no one told me to move out until the day he arrived and getting the proper people to help me was like pulling freaking teeth.

I still have tons of things to put away and my shelves still need to be hung. I have all kinds of files in boxes. I think the office will be nice when it is all done. Plus it has a bonus - a bathroom! That's pretty sweet, I will admit. The surgeon I work with was all for it because it gives him a place to take a shower when he spends the night. We also have this awesome lounge chair that a patient gave us and now we actually have room for it to fully recline. It is the best recliner EVER!

Be back later!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: