Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #856
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Be careful... it's a slippery slope. I my OL but I'm already running out of space and it's just with my own crap. It has become an engineering puzzle to pack that sucker to maxium capacity. And I'm cursing the whole way through it... typically at the last minute.
I can definitely see me filling an OL to maximum capacity, but it would be great to be able to stock it for the next trip. I would like to have my own towels, glasses, mugs, and a K-cup machine. Then I would probably prestock it with some adult beverages. Of course, having my own shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, and seasonal decorations would definitely be a plus. Hmmmmmmmm!

Quote:
Can't imagine if I had to store stuff for anyone else!! But must say that not having to worry about toiletries, a poncho, mango rum , a blender , and other "necessities" is a good feeling and has made packing much easier!
mango rum......yum............. And I forgot about the blender. Already can't wait to see that in use during F&W!

Quote:
Now you have me wondering if I could fit a K cup machine in there...
If you do we will all be in your room in the morning with our K-cups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I love the idea of a two week road trip!!! You guys will have a great time!!!
I really do think it will be nice to have some beach time after a crazy WDW trip. And it will be great to see our Daytona friends. Now the challenge of picking the best place to stay.

Quote:
OOOH I loved your HM pictures!!! The lights are so awesome!! The second light picture is in the hallway near the doors that shake and make noise, I believe found right under the picture of the supposed "ghost host." Your bride pictures were also unbelievable!!!!
I knew you would know Jen!

I think the bride's expression changes, don't you? At any rate, it is a very frightening expression.

Quote:
Loving the holiday decorations!!!! Your pictures are phenomenal!!
Thanks Jen! I am having lots of fun editing them. I really have to get to work on a project for the soccer banquet, but I'd much rather edit my Disney pictures. What can I say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I wouldn't say I am a big fan of the road trip, but we drive more often than we fly. Mostly because of the ridiculous price of air fare. Here's my two cents. Driving for a short trip stinks. We just took a quickie trip to VA and spent two days driving there, two days there, and two days driving back. Do NOT do this!!! It took me two days to recover!
that sounds horrible. I don't think I could do that. I might be able to if I was seeing an entirely new part of the country, but not if its a place a already know.

Here's what I think - I've made a road trip to Nashville and now to HHI. Both went fine. I think I am ready for Florida, but I think the ride home will be the toughest part.

Quote:
Taking a two week trip with at least two stops is really nice. It's not as fun if you are only stopping for one day though.

Keeping the car neat - the trick is that you keep a bag designated for trash and then every time you stop, you dump your trash. While Dave's filling up the gas tank, I gather any trash, cans/bottles and put them in the trash.

Bring some good music in the car, or audio books. My kids require DVDs, but you probably won't need that!!
I am sort of a neat freak in my car, so I tend to do that normally. But maybe if I get some kind of really COOL trashbag everyone else will use it.

I like the idea of an audio book. Then Denny and I could pick out something that we BOTH want to hear. That's an awesome idea! Thanks!

Quote:
Did I comment on how awesome your BTMRR pics are?? If not, I love them!!!
And your HM pics are cool! I cannot take dark pictures - too hard with my camera. Plus I can never decide what I want to do - just relax and enjoy the ride, or try to get good shots!
Thanks! I'm glad I decided to take pictures because that stop at the top of the tracks really worked to my advantage.

The trick to taking low light pictures is to put your camera in the TV mode and adjust the shutter speed to keep it open longer - so a larger number. Then cross your fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I love the photos of the pointsettias & the decorations. At least this way I get to see what WDW lookd like decorated since I will probably never visit at that time. I hate heavy crowds! I love seeing the way pointsettias are growing as hedges in Florida at my friend's neighborhood.

How great would that be? poinsettia hedges. OMG, if I lived in Florida I would put them everywhere!!!!!!

I think there are probably some decent times to visit the Christmas decorations without heavy crowds. I think right after T'giving would work and perhaps the first week of December. You are right though - we did hit some crowds. Not terrible, but noticeable.

Quote:
I want to do a roadtrip to the southwest, but my DH hates long road trips. He also drives too slow for my liking!
The slow driving is sooooooo annoying. Denny is like that and it drives me crazy. His excuse, "there are police on this road". Please! He says that on every road. He swears he will pick up the pace if we drive, but I don't believe him.

Quote:
Your updating is making me feel guilty, I seriously need to get busy on my TR.
Well get to work then!!!!! I'm waiting.

Quote:
IWe got one of those Kuerigs for Christmas from our son. It's a pretty big paper weight. I can't drink coffee or hot chocolate & my husbands wants a cheaper cup of coffee! DH took the thing out of the box & used it Christmas so it can't be returned! He agrees it will be useless for us, but didn't want to disappoint our son.
Oh NO! That's terrible. Denny objected at first because he said the coffee was too expensive, but now he's hooked. The coffee is a lot less expensive if you buy the 80 k cup boxes from costoc, sams, or bj. Also - tell you DH to get the type of cup you can buy where you use your own coffee. It's grey and it fits in the spot where the black holder is. It has its own filter and lid. That way he can use his own coffee and the only cost is for the cup. Buy one when you have a 30% off at Kohls. They always have them there.

The other thing is - Keurigs are great when you have people over and you want to offer them a cup of coffee.

For tea - I just put my tea bag in the cup (I won't buy the tea k-cups) and use the water from the keurig. I have hot water in seconds. I do the same thing with hot chocolate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Wow, you got some amazing photos on BTMRR! Impressive in my mind since I think I remember being jostled all over the place. I am bummed that it will be closed while we are there (yes! we are going back this spring!)
That stinks that it is going to be closed during your visit. It really is one of my favorite rides. I love the combination of the long ride, the scenery, and the little bit of thrill that comes from being jostled around.

I was actually going to use my phone to take the pictures, but then I realized if it flew out of my hands it would wreck my day, not to mention it might be a safety issue if it hit someone.

Quote:
I absolutely love seeing all of your photos with the holiday decorations up. So pretty.
Thank you! The holiday decorations were really special!

Quote:
Oh, and I may need to go try to look you up on FB at some point if I remember. Jealous of all these people that have seen some of these photos already. I'm impatient, can you tell?
Please do and if you have trouble finding me, just pm me. But if you click on my 9/11 youtube video it gives my full name right in the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Great update and pics.
I also tried to take pics on my last ride on BTMRR (which by the way was my 2nd ride on it ever - long story).
But surprisingly it wasn't too hard...
Thanks!

OK - now I'm curious. What happened on your second ride ever and I did ever see your BTMRR pics or are they in one of your earlier TRs. Cause you know I love your pics!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #857
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Oh - taking the beach time after WDW is awesome! We did it in summer 2010 and I was so happy - it was nice and relaxing, low key...
We were at Cocoa Beach, and enjoyed the ships going out from Port Canaveral - although I wished I was on the Disney ones!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #858
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Storming the Castle
You know I have to say it:

Have fun storming the castle!

Quote:
However, all the paths had been signs posted that there was to be no jogging. Really? bummer. I mean - I understand they don't want joggers on the golf course when people are golfing, but a few years ago I don't remember those signs when I ran FROM SSR to OKW. So, bottom line - I was hoping to run over to the tree houses, but I never figured out how to do it without going on the forbidden paths.
Obviously, the solution is to jog down the middle of the fairway.

Quote:
You can never have too many castle pictures, can you?
No. No, you can't.

I was going to post a few of my favorite pictures from the updates, but I decided there were too many! You got shot after terrific shot! Even the ones on BTMRR came out pretty well. Great work!
Old 01-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #859
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ooooooh a road trip!?!? I say go for it! I love road trips and, even though sometimes they can get a little boring, it's pretty neat to see other parts of the country. Just think of all the pictures you could take.

On to the Disney report. Great updates as usual. I'm loving all the pictures your took in the Haunted Mansion and on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. They turned out so very good!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #860
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
OK - now I'm curious. What happened on your second ride ever and I did ever see your BTMRR pics or are they in one of your earlier TRs. Cause you know I love your pics!
He he.
I was teasing you.
I've never been on BTMRR until our last trip this past November.
And yes, I took pics while we rode the wildest train in the wilderness.
However, it'll be a while before they are posted since I'm running behind on my TR's (the current one is for January 2011)
But it'll give you something to look forward to!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #861
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year Mary Ellen!

Lol at breaking into the Beach - it sure was worth it to get those awesome shots!I loved reading about HHI and am now going to catch up with your December Disney trip.

I love D Day as well and the feeling that comes with it! The Christmas decorations look great.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at OKW - the morning pics look great as does MK all decked out for Christmas. You sure got through a lot on that day!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #862
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh - taking the beach time after WDW is awesome! We did it in summer 2010 and I was so happy - it was nice and relaxing, low key...
We were at Cocoa Beach, and enjoyed the ships going out from Port Canaveral - although I wished I was on the Disney ones!!
I think Cocoa beach is a great idea. I'm going to keep looking near Daytona just because its closer to our friend's house, but I do remember you writing about cocoa and that sounds wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You know I have to say it:

Have fun storming the castle!

We did, expect we never really went through the castle. A bit of a misnomer I guess. But at least my pictures prove I was there.

Quote:

Obviously, the solution is to jog down the middle of the fairway.

That would go over really well, wouldn't it???? I am going to figure out how to connect the two resorts when I stay at the treehouses this summer. There has to be a "legal" way.

Quote:
Y
No. No, you can't.

I love the castle!
Quote:
I was going to post a few of my favorite pictures from the updates, but I decided there were too many! You got shot after terrific shot! Even the ones on BTMRR came out pretty well. Great work!
Thanks. I really lucked out on BTMRR when the train stopped. That's when I got most of my good pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Ooooooh a road trip!?!? I say go for it! I love road trips and, even though sometimes they can get a little boring, it's pretty neat to see other parts of the country. Just think of all the pictures you could take.
Well, I figure that's an excellent endorsement after you nightmare traffic trip back from Tennessee. I agree that it is a lot of fun to see the country and my last two road trips to Tennessee and HHI went well. This should go well too, right?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

On to the Disney report. Great updates as usual. I'm loving all the pictures your took in the Haunted Mansion and on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. They turned out so very good!
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. Stay tuned - I've got some other ride pictures in store as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
He he.
I was teasing you.
I've never been on BTMRR until our last trip this past November.
And yes, I took pics while we rode the wildest train in the wilderness.
However, it'll be a while before they are posted since I'm running behind on my TR's (the current one is for January 2011)
But it'll give you something to look forward to!
Well kudos to you for taking pictures the first time you rode BTMRR. I really can't wait to see them. You are starting to get a little too far behind on your TRs with all these trips you keep taking. I think you should just stay home and catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Happy New Year Mary Ellen!

Same to you Tanz! So glad to see you back and posting on your TR again.

Quote:

Lol at breaking into the Beach - it sure was worth it to get those awesome shots!I loved reading about HHI and am now going to catch up with your December Disney trip.

I am such a rebel, aren't I????? Glad you are all caught up on the HHI trip and now into the December trip.

Quote:

I love D Day as well and the feeling that comes with it! The Christmas decorations look great.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at OKW - the morning pics look great as does MK all decked out for Christmas. You sure got through a lot on that day!

D Day is the best!!!!! Coming home day is the worst. The decorations were really beautiful. I enjoyed them more than ever.

OKW was really enjoyable. I'm glad we stayed there. I really needed that nice laid back feel when we were back at the resort. It's a great place to stay when its crowded because its instantly relaxing.

Stay tuned for more MK adventures.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #863
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

MEK, I did make a cup of tea that way with the Kuerig, but a microwave does the same thing. DH is looking into one of those cups for his own coffee, but the cost is still more than his filters. We think it will be good for company & will buy cups at Sam's.

We have made many road trips to Florida. It's 17 hours drive time to Orlando for us. I-75 is so boring & Atlanta is such a crazy place to drive! Mom & Dad had lived in Florida since 1974, so lots of trips south!

I promise that I'll start again on my TR, but I'm working on a new gown that must be done by Saturday.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 01-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #864
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What was the worst part? Coming home? I do dread the idea of driving home because I usually get a little down when the trip is over. I wouldn't want the post Disney blues to set in on the way home.
Yes, coming home was easily the worst part, nothing to look forward to but laundry and real life - made the trip home really long!

Quote:
How about this - was it easy to manage the mess. Denny is very sloppy and always leaves his trash in the car. That drives me crazy and I hate when things get disorganized.
I kept a bag for trash in the car and trash went into it whenever it was generated, then I would empty it whenever we'd stop for gas, food, restroom breaks, etc. I also had a bag that held all of our snacks, books, games, etc. When we were done with whatever it was that we were using, it went right back in the bag - I can't stand clutter either!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #865
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Mary Ellen, thanks to your handy dandy links I am all caught up!!!! Wow, I had really missed a lot.

I love your pictures of Hilton Head. What a beautiful area to visit. I need to add it to my vacation bucket list.

So glad you liked Charleston. It too is a beautiful town.

Isn't Disney beautiful at Christmas!!! Just looking at your pictures makes me excited for November!!! One of those Mickey door hangers in your picture made its way home with me this last trip!!!

I can't wait to see all your pictures from OKW. I have never stayed there and the thought of two beds in a studio is very appealing.

What a beautiful morning at the MK! Yay for Annual Passes!!!

Can't wait to read more!

Old 01-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #866
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
MEK, I did make a cup of tea that way with the Kuerig, but a microwave does the same thing. DH is looking into one of those cups for his own coffee, but the cost is still more than his filters. We think it will be good for company & will buy cups at Sam's.
Yes - but the keurig is so much faster than the microwave. And once DH makes the initial investment in his reusable filter he will be VERY happy. What can I say, I'm biased.

Quote:
We have made many road trips to Florida. It's 17 hours drive time to Orlando for us. I-75 is so boring & Atlanta is such a crazy place to drive! Mom & Dad had lived in Florida since 1974, so lots of trips south!
I think its probably about 17 hours from here too. That's a tad out of my comfort zone, but I think I can handle 12 or 13 the first day. Ugh - that's how DC is, only probably worse. But now I have found a way around DC and even though it involves some non-highway roads (lights), its still better than 95 around DC.

Quote:

I promise that I'll start again on my TR, but I'm working on a new gown that must be done by Saturday.
Nice - you should post a picture of it when you are done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Yes, coming home was easily the worst part, nothing to look forward to but laundry and real life - made the trip home really long!

See - I'm really worried about that. I mean - I really got in a funk after this December trip. I really was "blue" when we first got home and it took me several days to shake it. Driving home would probably make me dwell on it. At least flying is somewhat entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I kept a bag for trash in the car and trash went into it whenever it was generated, then I would empty it whenever we'd stop for gas, food, restroom breaks, etc. I also had a bag that held all of our snacks, books, games, etc. When we were done with whatever it was that we were using, it went right back in the bag - I can't stand clutter either!
Yeah - I will definitely need an anticlutter system and everything (or as much as possible) will need to be in the trunk so the stuff doesn't start to sprawl. KWIM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Mary Ellen, thanks to your handy dandy links I am all caught up!!!! Wow, I had really missed a lot.
Welcome back! I am so glad you are all caught up. I guess those links do come in handy from time to time!

Quote:
I love your pictures of Hilton Head. What a beautiful area to visit. I need to add it to my vacation bucket list.

So glad you liked Charleston. It too is a beautiful town.

HHI an Charleston were sooooooooo wonderful. I really look forward to going back. I am tentatively planning and going in October of 2013 with Denny and spending 5 nights in HHI and 2 nights in Charleston. I really can't wait. So beautiful there!

Quote:

Isn't Disney beautiful at Christmas!!! Just looking at your pictures makes me excited for November!!! One of those Mickey door hangers in your picture made its way home with me this last trip!!!
It really is lovely. This is my third trip with the decorations and I really enjoyed them this trip more than ever. so perfect! I love those door hangers - they were so cute!

Quote:
I can't wait to see all your pictures from OKW. I have never stayed there and the thought of two beds in a studio is very appealing.
I did take a few more pictures of the resort on the first day, lots of pool pictures on the 3rd and last day. I also took room pictures on the last day after we packed up. The room is very big and the beds are far apart so you don't feel like you are practically sleeping on top of one another and the position of the bathroom does lend itself towards privacy. The closet is nice and big with plenty of hangers and there are plenty of places to put suitcases out of the way. We could have used a little more drawer space, but it was fine.

Quote:
What a beautiful morning at the MK! Yay for Annual Passes!!!

Can't wait to read more!
MK was lovely. And my AP - I have two more trips planned on it - scheming to figure out how to get a 4th????

Another update is coming soon! Probably Friday!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #867
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Well, I did pop in an apple cider into the Kuerig today, that hit the spot on this cold day! If I had more of a choice I might love it! I need to stock up on cup a soup!

I will post a pic of the new gown when I finish it. It's for my group's Twelveth Night celebration. We dress in 18th century clothing & serve 18th century foods.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 01-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #868
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I did pop in an apple cider into the Kuerig today, that hit the spot on this cold day! If I had more of a choice I might love it! I need to stock up on cup a soup!
Now that sounds really good! Yum! Do you like latte? There is a chi latte K-cup that is absolutely delicious. Cup a Soup is also a great idea.

Quote:
I will post a pic of the new gown when I finish it. It's for my group's Twelveth Night celebration. We dress in 18th century clothing & serve 18th century foods.
I can't wait to see it. I bet its awesome!

Old 01-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #869
MEK
DIS Veteran

Doh and a DIS meet!

Sorry for the Delay With this update! I had it all written on Friday, but got an emergency call that my mom was admitted to the hospital on Friday with Atrial Fibrillation (an irregular, fast heart rhythm). She is my dad's care taker (he needs 24/7 care) and I needed to go take care of him this weekend. Of course, my parents still live in the third scene of Carousel of Progress, so there is no internet service. My iphone kept me sane and I edited about 700 Disney pictures.

My mom is doing better, but this is definitely a set back for her and my dad is currently at my brother's house. Not sure how long that is going to last. So, it looks like my services will be required for awhile.

But since I am home, so sense in holding up this update entitled.......

"DOH and a DIS Meet"

In my last update we had just wrapped up a great morning in the MK. I arrived early (pre family) and already rode Space mountain, Buzz, HM, Splash Mountain, and BTMRR. It was about 11:20 am and we were all officially STARVING! I brought some croissants from home, but those calories had worn off hours ago. What is it about walking the parks that really works up a hunger?
I don’t think our lunch ADR was until 11:40, but we decided to head in that general direction and see if we could check in early. Some sights along the way…..

And where exactly where we heading for lunch? Well, LTT, of course.

I had really been looking forward to this ADR. Denny and I ate lunch here in 09 when we were on the DxDP and I remember the tri-corner roast beef sandwich as being the best sandwich in all of Disney world. I actually craved it for a few weeks after we got home. Now there is something to be said for this, since I usually pick fish over meat any day of the week.

We were told we couldn’t be seated yet, so we took a seat in the lobby near the Christmas tree.

But in less than 5 minutes we had a table and a room all to ourselves, at least for a little while.

I do feel sorry for the CM’s here. It really must be a challenge to pronounce all the names of the guests. Plus, it’s hard to hear in the lobby space. Fortunately, I’m sure everyone eventually gets seated and it is a nice touch!
See this table. It was eventually filled by a table of ten.

Of course, one woman in the group loudly exclaimed, “How the &*$ do they expect 10 people to fit around this table?” Oh, brother. Fortunately, once the food and drink started to arrive she chilled out and I never heard another peep.

So lunch. Well, I convinced Nick to share the tri-corner roast beef sandwich with me. In 09 it was huge and I didn’t want left overs today. I couldn’t bear the thought of having to throw out one morsel of this yumminess. Nick also ordered the clam chowder, we split an order of fries, and I ordered a salad in an attempt to be somewhat healthy. Never mind the fact that it was covered in a ½ cup of buttermilk dressing. Much too much for my liking, but I was SO hungry that I happy consumed those extra calories.

My salad

Nick's soup, fries, and sandwich

My sandwich after I devoured most of it and then remembered I needed to take a picture. Sorry!

Denny’s meal was the winner. He ordered the tilapia special and I tried a small bite. It was fabulous! One of my favorite things we had to eat this trip.

Now here’s where my DOH moment comes. Earlier in the morning, when I went to meet Denny and Nick at the gate, I sent a text to Jess (Roxychica7) to see if she was in the park with her gang. We were hoping to meet up to say “hi”. Well, I heard nothing from her and after checking my phone 100 times (yes - I'm exaggerating) to make sure I hadn’t missed a text, I finally forgot about it. At the end of our meal I get a text from a 410 number saying “It’s Jess. We just finished lunch. Heading to Mickey’s philarmagic”.

Wait? That can’t be Jess. That’s that the number I have.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAY! DOH!

I texted her back and said I was so sorry that I put her number in wrong, but I would love to meet up with her. At this point we were trying to settle our bill and Nick was finishing his ooey-gooey thing. Unfortunately, our poor waitress had that group of ten and it was keeping her quite busy. But eventually we were able to pay and head out.

A word about the ooey-gooey. I don't have a picture of it, but I think it shrunk. In fact, I think many of the portion sizes were smaller this trip, especially desserts. It was this trip that I finally have to agree that the dining plan has had an adverse effect on food quality and quantity. But, I digress.

Back to my DIS meet with Jess. Of course, Denny and Nick had no desire to meet an “internet stranger” and they had previously decided they wanted to see the Hall of Presidents after lunch. Can you say post lunch snooze fest? I told them to go ahead. I would meet up with them later. They acted a little indignant, but I am certain I told them I was hoping for a couple DIS meets this trip.

So I headed over to Philarmagic and waited for Jess to come out. Here are some pictures I took while waiting.

I know some people who could use this shirt

This is the first time I ever noticed this candy before.

I recognized Jess right away. It was great to see her and she wore a Salisbury U shirt just so she would stick out in the crowd. I walked with them over to Frontierland, chatting the whole way. And here’s where I learned that Blake is Jess’s fiancé. I thought they were married. Double DOH! Oh well Jess – that means you get to plan a Disney moon (although Blake might prefer a fishing trip. I’m not sure). Of course, I insisted that we get photos to document our meet.

Uggh – I can not stop squinting. It really wasn’t that sunny and I shoved my sunglasses into parts unknown in my park bag. But I think I really needed them.

Now these are cute. What a great crew!

Hey - Everyone face forward. Yes, that means you Blake!

Why or why did I not crop out that girl on the side of the picture????

It was wonderful meeting Jess, her mother, Blake, and Blake’s cousin? Is that right? Ugh – I have a terrible memory. Anyway – they were all lovely. I had forgotten that Jess and her mom had tea at the GF the previous day. Nice! So Jess – if our dates cross in October we must definitely plan a lunch or a dinner or tea so we have more time to sit and chat.

I felt bad that I couldn’t hang out with them longer, but considering my last 3 trips that were Disney related were all girls trips, I felt like I really needed to get back to the boys.

So where were those boys? I texted them and there was no reply so I went into the Christmas shop.

Continued Next Post..........

Old 01-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #870
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

There were sooooooo many cute ornaments in there. See what I mean....

I was only in the store for a few minutes when the boys showed up. Perfect timing.

Next stop.......

Well, I had a FP for Space Mountain from earlier today and I gave it to Nick to ride Space Mountain. He had never ridden it with the "improvements".

His impression? He really didn't notice a difference.

While Nick got his ride on, Denny and I took a spin on the People Mover.

Yes - My feet ARE ugly. They are short, fat, and without pedicure. But here they are all the same....

Love the People Mover

Notice that perfect shot of the Christmas tree. That was planned, you know. NOT!

Yes - It did get overcast, but it never rained.

I know these pictures are out of order. They somehow got terribly out of order and even photobucket couldn't organize them correctly.

After the People Mover Denny and I went over to meet Nick in the Space Mountain Gift Shop.

And here is a first......Denny and Nick actually played a game in the arcade.

Pictures....

Disney is so smart. Despite Nick and Denny being in third and fourth place all that time, they ended up in first and second. Way to get you to go for a second round.

Nick loves the People Mover, so we went on it a second time with him.

Next up - Buzz! I grabbed FP's for Buzz before we got on the People Mover the first time. They were now due. Silly people in the standby line. Instead of standing in line for 30 minutes you too could have ridden the People Mover twice and play a game in the arcade.

"Hey Buzz Baby"

"What, WHAT....You talking to me?"

"Yeah - you Buzz. I need your help fighting the Evil Emperor Zurg. Are you In?"

"You Bet I'm In. Let's Do It!"

"We can help. But first we need to find.....The Claw"

Success. My Final Score

Poor Denny. His gun was broken and I don't even know what his dismal score was. I think he hid it!

Nick was lucky enough to score another Space Mountain FP from a random stranger. He offered it to Denny, but Denny turned it down so Nick went to ride Space a second time.

Denny and I opted for one of his favorites.....

I LOVE Rover! Isn't he the best? And please note - No flash photography was used in any of these pictures.

This scene always cracks me up......

Is this the one where poor Sarah's laundry get soaked with a sudden thunderstorm? And what does John says, "Well, the cistern was low anyway".

Just to add insult to injury, in this scene Sarah finds herself alone to hang wall paper in the rumpus room, while John turns her new mixer into a paint mixing machine.

Just when I think that I can't stand how sexist this attraction is (probably why Denny likes it so much), Sarah goes on to program her 1980's oven and then John promptly blows it up.

That'll teach you to get all tech savy on us Sarah!

Here's where I think Uncle Orville says, "What? No Turkey? Well, at least I can hit the sauce. Anyone want to join me?"

Continued......

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: