Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #256
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Awesome! Thanks so much for posting all of that. I definitely want to go soon.

You impressed me with your B&M knowledge. I used to work for Six Flags, so I'm well versed in coaster. It's always nice to see someone who does. As a whole, B&M and Intamin are my favorites coasters normally. Smooth and consistent.

Looks like you guys had a great time.
The Dis ate my other reply.

I am a roller coaster geek. I am not well versed but the whole engineering of them fascinate me.

ME- have a safe, wonderful, restful trip.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 10-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #257
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Okay I got here I am here! At least I get to send you off!!! HHI YAY! We were there for ONE night in Late January, I can imagine how quaint it will be in nice fall weather! ENJOY!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #258
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

What a fun fun day at BG! I can't do the jerky coaster either, but I really love the others.

Have a fabulous trip at HHI!!! I know I don't need to say this, but take lots of photos for us

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 10-23-2011, 06:07 AM   #259
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

One of my students was actually telling me about the Pompeii ride on Friday, so it was funny to see your pictures so soon afterwards!

Happy travels today!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #260
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Great update! Jasmine has always wanted to do Busch Gardens or a Six Flags, but we never have...I know once she sees this update, she'll be on me again

I hope you have the most wonderful time in HHI!!! We'll be thinking of you and awaiting all your pictures and stories when you get home....be safe!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #261
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Even your phone pictures come out pretty good! I'm sure you're on the road by now, but have a wonderful trip and needless to say, we'll be here to hear all about it when you get back!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 10-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #262
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I have fallen a bit behind so am catching up. Hope you are having a lovely time at HHI Mary Ellen - can't wait to hear all about it!

Love that you got the beets salad and enjoyed it as well. Great shopping pics and yay on Disney following you. I have to admit I have never heard of Nehi soft drinks

Great photos of Busch Gardens! Oh no on BG's version of Soarin' - doesn't sound good.

Yummy candy pics and I at the phone booth pics - hilarious!!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #263
littlezar
DIS Veteran

Wishing you safe travels and a fantastic time in HHI!!

I have to say that we love BG. It's definitely not Disney but it's great to have season passes and it's only 45 miles from driveway to parking lot! We don't do a full day unless someone's visiting. We get there at opening and are out by 2 or 3 and only hit what we want.

Europe in the Air ~ my gf and I both said it was BG's version of Soarin' ~ it's ok and my 5 yr old LOVES it so we end up on it every visit.

Alpengeist & Lochness ~ I can do them if I'm towards the front. Generally the back half I feel like I'm thrown around too much.

Apollo & Griffon ~ No problems sitting anywhere. LOVE the hang time on Griffon! I've done the front row, I've done the entire ride hands up (just to freak out my sister, LOL) and I prefer 2nd or 3rd row because first row is way too much wind ~ this is gonna sound ridiculous, but I feel like my eyelids are "fluttering" if that makes any sense!

Did you do Mach Tower? I love the Mix It Up show (in Italy), Pet Shenanigans show and Das Festhaus is definitely a fave restaurant on the rare occasion we eat at the park.

I know you said it was low crowds when you went and there were only 2 of you, so it may not have been anything you'd notice, but I hate that BG doesn't have someone directing people to rows on the coasters ~ not so much Griffin, but the other ones. It's irritating to be in a group and switching spots with other people so everyone ends up on the same ride. Too many empty seats too.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #264
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Great BG pictures ME! We love that park too. My DH had one of his first real jobs there - I think at Das Festhaus. My MIL and FIL used to make us always go there for lunch! They have a lot of fun shows.

I agree - Lochness is Brain Rattling!!! That did it for me. I was in pain the rest of the day.

Hope you're having a wonderful trip at HHI!! Can't wait to see and hear all about it!
Old 10-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #265
KatMark
DIS Veteran

MEK, I hope you have a wonderful time at HH. Will be anxious to hear all about it and see your beautiful pictures.

RIP Genie
Old 10-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #266
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Great MEGA update on BG, MEK. I remember one thing I didn't like about it was that they opened the park in phases. I was planning to go to the back of the park and work my way toward the front to try to avoid some of the crowds, but their system of opening the park thwarted my efforts. Looks like you were there at a less-busy time, so that must have been nice!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #267
leslie826
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your TR! I highly suggest the platinum pass from BG. We use it several times a year for BGW and Water Country and love to visit Orlando/Tampa for Sea World and BGT!! I can also tell you why you didn't get the Dark Castle story... When it first opened there was a pre-ride movie that they would show in a little room before you boarded the ride. It gave the whole back story. They no longer show it. I'm not sure why...probably held up the line too much.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #268
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I think I missed you & you are off on your HHI trip! Have a great time! I loved the BG pictures. We went to BG in Tampa last spring & thought it was OK. I rode Sheikra which is very much like Griffon. The hang nearly gave me a heart attack! So scary!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #269
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Have a great time at HH. I love the pics of BG, I've never been there, been to BG in Tampa & liked it. I just can't do the roller coasters that go upside donw. It's the one ride that make sme sick!

We are leaving Tuesday for Gatlinburg, so need this short trip! Not Disney, but will do for now.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 10-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #270
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

That was all fabulous!! I have always wondered what BG was like....and now I know! Very charming! Like Epcot with rollercoasters (ahh...wouldn't that be great if Epcot would add some coasters! ).

And you were very wise to get the locker for your phone- iphone falling 15 feet on Sum of All Thrills, no problem. iphone falling from Alpengeist...not so much!

So nice to text with you this morning- I am glad you have arrived in HHI safely and are enjoying your time there! I am REALLY looking forward to hearing all about that one! Also so happy the weather is nice for you- I love it there even in the heat and humidity of July & August- but I sure would like to see what it's like in October!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: