Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #226
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Love all the W-burg pictures. So beautiful. Your dinner looks delicious and the resort looks like it was really, really nice, too.
Thanks!

The resort was really nice. The pool area was lovely. I kept thinking how great it would be to have a Disney DVC resort there. Dinner was delish!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #227
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm disappointed in you MEK. I was expecting a pic of you showing your noodle expertise learned earlier this year at SAB!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #228
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Those are some really great pictures. Very pretty. Definitely on my list of places to visit.

I'll have to keep the restaurant in mind then. I love microbrews and I love food, so it seems you can't go wrong there.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:18 AM   #229
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
I'm disappointed in you MEK. I was expecting a pic of you showing your noodle expertise learned earlier this year at SAB!
If I had a noodle I might have done just that! Come to think of it, no one had a noodle! Then again, I was trying to keep my hair from getting wet, so maybe not!

BTW - I got the restaurant.com certificate yesterday! I will most definitely have a rita for you. Are you on facebook? If so I will post a picture immediately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Those are some really great pictures. Very pretty. Definitely on my list of places to visit.
It really was a fun place and I missed so much of this history stuff. I tentatively would like to return for a longer trip NEXT August. That last week of August is a perfect time to visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

I'll have to keep the restaurant in mind then. I love microbrews and I love food, so it seems you can't go wrong there.
You got that right! Plus, just think food and the names just comes to you!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #230
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

That's it! You have settled it, I must go to Williamsburg. I am practically drooling over these pictures. And with that being said youa re going to have to come up to Concord, MA because we have a great historical area that I think you enjoy as well.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #231
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Love your pictures!! We so have to get back up to the Northeast soon!! There is so much to do there and so much you can see!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Definitely put it on my list of places to see!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 10-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #232
feyrerm
Earning My Ears

They "ORB" picture is pretty amazing. I don't know what it is, but it is about as bright as I've ever seen a invisible object show up on a picture.

I'm loving the TR Monica and I have been thinking of doing a Williamsburg trip for a while. This may just push us to book it. Where did you stay?

PTR for August 2011 stay at PORS
Old 10-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #233
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, MEK! I love when a resort, hotel, whatever has a "family" pool and an "adult" pool -- makes it so much more relaxing for those not traveling with kids (don't get me wrong...I LOVE kids, e.g.--Cayley and Avery, but there are those times when a little peace and quiet makes the day just a tad better).

Your meals look very good. I love brewery type restaurants.

Your pictures as you took your walk are great. And I'll go with you--it's an Orb.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #234
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

You had a great night!! An awesome dinner AND a night time walking tour?! Cool!

I'm impressed those college students were all running, but it doesn't seem all that safe with no lights, does it??
Old 10-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #235
littlezar
DIS Veteran

Love all the pics and descriptions of everything.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #236
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Chowning Tavern si a fun place to be at night. They have tavern games & song to participate in. You are seated with other people, funway to meet new people. It's a blast!
The building at the end of DOG street is where the trials were held. I can't think of the name right now.

We love staying the houses & taverns, it's like staying on Disney property. Expensive, but th eambiance can't be beat! We would sit of an evening on a bench & people watch. There would be several tours going at a time.

All of the taverns are great for eating, but usually booked up. The Raleigh Tavern bake shop is good for a breakfast sandwich & yummy cakes & cookies.

The restaurant that you went to must be fairly new. It looks like a place that we would like. Love those artisan beers!!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 10-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #238
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
That's it! You have settled it, I must go to Williamsburg. I am practically drooling over these pictures. And with that being said youa re going to have to come up to Concord, MA because we have a great historical area that I think you enjoy as well.
Well, the nice thing is you can drive there! Plus its very family friendly. While the baby is little take advantage of all the history touring. They won't know to be bored!

I went to Concord once, many years ago - pre Denny. I did a bike ride across Mass and we stopped there. It was so cool, but I never really liked touring in the middle of bike rides. I like to get the ride, then tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Love your pictures!! We so have to get back up to the Northeast soon!! There is so much to do there and so much you can see!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!
There really is a lot to do here. I am in an excellent location for doing all the touristy thing because DC and NYC are only two hours from me and Williamsburg is about 5. It's a very cool area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post

Definitely put it on my list of places to see!!!
Do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyrerm View Post
They "ORB" picture is pretty amazing. I don't know what it is, but it is about as bright as I've ever seen a invisible object show up on a picture.
Welcome Feyrerm! This is your first visit here, I hope! If not, I am going to feel stupid!

There really were no lights in that tree. Everything was pitch black. If I hadn't taken two pictures of the same tree, I would have thought it was a light in the tree. But there were no lights in any of the trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyrerm View Post
T

I'm loving the TR Monica and I have been thinking of doing a Williamsburg trip for a while. This may just push us to book it. Where did you stay?
I stayed at the Historic Powhatan Resort. I rented from a timeshare owner. If you want his contact info just send me a pm. I would not hesitate to rent from him again because he really did go out of his way to get me a new reservation. It's obvious (and he told me this) that he wants repeat customers. You can rent directly from the resort of through a vendor like expedia, but I think the owners get the nicer condos with the better locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, MEK! I love when a resort, hotel, whatever has a "family" pool and an "adult" pool -- makes it so much more relaxing for those not traveling with kids (don't get me wrong...I LOVE kids, e.g.--Cayley and Avery, but there are those times when a little peace and quiet makes the day just a tad better).
Having the adult pool really was a bonus! I was happy for that. It really is a nice feature. If they are your kids you don't mind being in the pool with them, but other people's kids can be a tad annoying at times.

Quote:
Your meals look very good. I love brewery type restaurants.
That food was really good! I'm so glad we ate there. It was a nice, casual, fun atmosphere with excellent food. I love microbrews.

Quote:

Your pictures as you took your walk are great. And I'll go with you--it's an Orb.
I'm glad that you agree its an orb. It makes me feel a little less crazy. I think those ghosts knew that I wanted to see one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
You had a great night!! An awesome dinner AND a night time walking tour?! Cool!
It was a really nice evening. I loved the restaurant and the night time walk was really relaxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
I'm impressed those college students were all running, but it doesn't seem all that safe with no lights, does it??
That's exactly what I thought. I didn't think it seemed safe at all, but perhaps it really is a safe area and they have no where else to run. It's just odd because this was between 9pm and 10pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlezar View Post
Love all the pics and descriptions of everything.
Thanks. It's fun to write about unique places. I'm glad you're enjoying this part of the TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Chowning Tavern si a fun place to be at night. They have tavern games & song to participate in. You are seated with other people, funway to meet new people. It's a blast!
The building at the end of DOG street is where the trials were held. I can't think of the name right now.
That does sound like fun. I know when we took the kids years ago we ate in one of the taverns. I really enjoyed it. I didn't even mind walking outside and then into the basement to use the bathroom.

I have a map. I should probably check it out because I am curious about that building.

Quote:

We love staying the houses & taverns, it's like staying on Disney property. Expensive, but th eambiance can't be beat! We would sit of an evening on a bench & people watch. There would be several tours going at a time.

All of the taverns are great for eating, but usually booked up. The Raleigh Tavern bake shop is good for a breakfast sandwich & yummy cakes & cookies.
The last time we went we stayed at a hotel adjacent to the Visitor Center. That was great because every morning I ran into the historic district on the path. I loved that. It was so cool being there in the morning with no one around. I think it was called the Woodlands.

That bakery sounds yummy!

Quote:
The restaurant that you went to must be fairly new. It looks like a place that we would like. Love those artisan beers!!

I bet the restaurant is new, but the building is old. When you visit again, I highly recommend you try it. Good stuff!

Old 10-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #239
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Not sure how I got 6 pages behind.
Love the pictures ... all of them.
You have a great eye for composition.

I was in Williamsburg back in 2002 I think. They cancelled the school trip to Williamsburg due to 9-11 so a bunch of us took the kids up ourselves.

I also saw lot of joggers late. I guess besides ghosts there is little traffic. They always seemes to be at least in groups of 2 so I figure they at least take safety seriously.

Yes that looks like an orb. I did do a ghost tour during that trip with the kids and it was pretty interesting.

Have a great trip to HHI. Waiting to see all those wonderful pics from the HHI beach.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 10-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #240
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am loving all your pictures! So pretty!

You leave tomorrow! You leave tomorrow!!! So exciting! If I am not on here again beforehand, have a GREAT trip!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: