Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #1666
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

that was the perfect smilie for the latest situation with your brother's family. Hope it all works out well.

Love the American Adventure pics and update. I love that attraction and that song is one of my faves!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 04-14-2012, 06:23 AM   #1667
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Love the American Adventure post! I always get teary-eyed during it!

Yeay for good developments in the family travel saga! Hope things continue to run smoothly.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #1668
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Love the pictures of the American Adventure. It is a great show.
I love it too. It's such a well done recap of our nations history. It's really inspiring and makes you proud to be an American (which doesn't happen much to me these days )

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
And I'm glad to hear that things are resolving themselves for your June trip.
Thanks! although, I think I just gave my SIL sticker shock when I emailed her ticket prices. Park hoppers for all 6 of them will be $1900 so I am thinking non-park hoppers for their first trip since they will likely only see one park a day anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Great pics of the American Adventure!
Ours always come out too dark or too blurry.
Thanks! Somehow I just happened to stumble upon the right shutter speed setting for indoor pictures. It really worked well for me this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I LOVE the American Adventure and we try very hard to do it every year.
I do it every time Denny goes on a trip we me. He loves it! We will probably do it again this summer, especially during the time we are staying at the boardwalk. Unless, of course, we take the nephews there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am so glad that the family is going ... even your Disney hating brother. Seriously, I hope he apologizes to you and that the trip is a great one. Can't wait to hear the plans.
I doubt he will apologize to me. I probably have to apologize to him because I did get a "little" nasty with him at the end of the conversation. But my brother will get over it. I don't think he is a grudge holder and neither am I. Thank goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Wowee! First of all, did you KNOW all that dialogue from the AA??? I would like to see it again. I think I saw it one of my first visits, and then in July 2010. It's a great show.
Hah! Sheree - you give me WAY too much credit. I could never memorize all that. I found a website with the script. However, I think it may have been an old script because it didn't say anything about the 911 photo or Walt's photo.

Quote:
Second - Well, that saga just keeps going, huh? I guess if I were you, I'd just keep expecting those curve balls and stand still in the batter's box. (It's baseball season now you know!!) I sure hope it all works out. I'd also not expect much from your brother. Maybe he'll just sit in the room and pout, but at least the rest of the family can enjoy themselves.
That's a perfect analogy because I am sure the curve balls will keep coming. I'm not adding them to the reservation until I know they have paid for those train reservations. But she did email me their exact ages so I can call and add them anytime now.

Quote:
Question! - those of you who have gone in October might be able to help me. We want to eat dinner at Ohana and go to the beach at Poly to watch fireworks. If it's a MNSSHP night, will they still pipe in the music for Hallowishes? I hope someone around here knows. Thanks!!!
I can't imagine why they wouldn't. I watched the fireworks at the Cali Grill on a Christmas party night and I'm pretty sure there was music. But I have to tell you the truth - I never pay that much attention to the music. I am always too wrapped up in trying to take firework pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Was that whole American Adventure script from memory????? Okay. I'll admit it. I haven't actually seen the American Adventure yet. Or heard Voices of Liberty.

I can barely remember the Pledge of Allegiance, let alone the American Adventure. I googled and found a site with the script and then I just tried to match it up with my pictures. It really did refresh my memory!

Quote:
I PROMISE I will though!! It really sounds spectacular!
You are an Epcot lover - you MUST go see these things. Plus - when we went with our anniversary buttons a few years ago they brought us over to a phone where mickey (or someone) wished us happy anniversary. They gave us a certificate and they took us upstairs in a special elevator to watch the Voices. It was fun!

Quote:
I'm glad that things are finally starting to get resolved with your family trip!
Thanks! I hope everything gets better from here on out. I will breath my final sigh of relief when they actually pay for the reservation this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I saw American Adventure, unfortunately history bores me (even my own country's history, I don't discriminate ) so I couldn't really enjoy it, but I will admit that it's very well done. Great pictures and commentary by the way!
Hah - I know what you mean about history being boring. I actually don't think its boring, but I have a hard time understanding it because so many things happen all at once and I have a terrible mind for names and dates. But the story itself is interesting. I just can't remember it.

But from an artistic point (which I know you love and so do I), I agree that the show is VERY well down. There is so much visual impact!

Quote:
Santa and Mrs. Claus' chairs are so pretty!
Seriously - doesn't that picture just make you want to run up there and go jump in one of those seats?

Quote:
Glad your brother is coming along, even if it is by train! I'm sure he won't be a Disney hater once he's there, I think most people change their tune once they're in the parks. Maybe he was just acting out because he was anxious and everyone wanted to go without him? Regardless, I am glad things are slowly working out and I'm sure you will all have a great time!
I think my brother envisions Disney as a mega 6 flags or some other mega asphalt theme park. He really doesn't understand how different it is compared to other parks. He doesn't do thrill rides (shock - I know) so he thinks there is nothing for him to do. He will find that he is SO wrong. I think he will love some of the attractions and, hopefully, he will take home a little piece of the magic.

I agree - I think he was acting out because of anxiety so I should have been more understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Beautiful update! I absolutely love the American Adventure and I cry every single time (heck I tear up when the song is played while I'm on hold with Disney )
SO DO I - I have never been able to sit through that show without getting choked and teared up. I always have to put my sunglasses on and hope that no one around me sees my face. I get a pure emotional reaction to that song and the closer I am to going home, the worse it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I'm glad things are moving in the right direction for your family trip!
Thanks! I am very happy about that and I was be ecstatic when the train tickets are paid for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It's been several years since we've seen the American Adventure so thanks so much for the pics and dialogue. Loved it!
You are so welcome. that's why I wanted to wait to do the update when I had the script available to go along with it. Love that show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
So should I be happy that your brother has decided he's coming along on the vacation? I've read a couple of trip reports where people took the auto train to Disney and they loved it. I actually priced it out once and, for us, it ws much higher than driving or even flying.
It is definitely more expensive than flying but I know there are people who LOVE it. My friend Jen (from Inching my way closer to the Castle TR) took it last fall with her family and they are going to do it again. It was great for the kids and they loved getting waited on in the sleeper car section of the train. Plus free wine and beer.

I think the other downside is it cuts into your vacation time. Its too much traveling for a short 5 night trip, IMHO.

I hope we all should be happy that bro is coming, but I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Very impressive update!
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the American Adventure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I hope your brother apologizes and the trip isn't awkward. But at least LJ is coming now
I don't think he will apologize, but I think the trip will not be uncomfortable. He can just decide what he does and doesn't want to do. I think he is going to die when he sees the ticket prices!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #1669
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Well....darn! I'm glad for you that you got the situation resolved but sad for me....I thought I might have a chance to be adopted as your temp-brother and go in his place!
Believe me, the next time I get the urge to invite family to Disney YOU can be my adopted brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Sighhhh....guess I'll have to resort to this
But then...I'd probably do that anyway so no harm, no foul!
Nothing wrong with a little If you do something well you should stick to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I haven't seen AA since 1986! Bob thought that it was a great place for a nap. The kids even went to sleep in there as it was so cool on a hot day.

I think that AA is very well done, especially the figures.
I am shocked! 1986! Girl - you need to get back there this fall and try to go BEFORE lunch so you don't nap. It's a cool show! It IS really well down and I suspect its been updated since 1986.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Riding the train sounds like fun, I've always wanted to do that. It does take longer than driving & is more expensive than flying, so we have never done it.
I know there are people who love it and I bet its fun on the way down, but it must be painful on the way back because you are tired, you are sad your trip is over, and then you are stuck on a train. Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I guess I don't have to see the American Adventure in May now, thanks to your pics and narration!
Glad you enjoyed the pictures and commentary! I love seeing attractions in pictures here on the DIS.

Quote:
I love that show, and the song always gets stuck in my head after I watch it, I really love that whole area of Epcot! And I thought the section for Santa and Mrs. Claus was adorable!
I was humming that song the whole time I was updating. It really is a well written, inspirational song. Love it! One of my favorite Disney songs!

I love Santas seating too! I just wanted to run up there and jump in his seat, bounce up and down a few times, and leave.

Quote:
Now your family is taking the train! Crazy! Well, hopefully this is the end of it and you can start relaxing and looking forward to your trip!
Considering the price they got is much better than the one I priced on line, I can see them going this option. Once they pay for the tickets I will finally fully relax and look forward to the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
that was the perfect smilie for the latest situation with your brother's family. Hope it all works out well.
I know is really the only way to describe this whole situation! I'm sure that won't be the last time I use that smilie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Love the American Adventure pics and update. I love that attraction and that song is one of my faves!
I lOVE that song! Definitely one of the most inspirational songs at Disney. It really does create a great swell of emotion in me. So glad you enjoyed the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Love the American Adventure post! I always get teary-eyed during it!
Choked up and teary-eyed! As much as I try not to get emotional, I can't help it! It's a great show. One of those overlooked attractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yeay for good developments in the family travel saga! Hope things continue to run smoothly.
Thanks! I really hope things continue to run smoothly. I will feel so much better when they pay for the tickets because I guess its always possible they could try to back out. I really hope not. I don't even like to think about it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #1671
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Love the American Adventure update! I'm one of them people that hasn't seen it...need to sort that out!

Am glad the whole of your brothers family is coming and the planning can begin!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #1673
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Did I comment already? I can't remember. Am right there with you on loving American Adventure and tear up every single time. So moving.

As for the drama/saga... I hope the train is the answer and that once everyone arrives the pixie dust is flowing and everyone has a magical time!

Old 04-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #1674
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

OMG I just spend the last 30 minutes replying to the last 3 weeks of updates and my replies got totally wiped when I previewed. aaaagghhh what kind of update was done las tnight anyway?

oh well, here is the short version of my reply.

- please do post the hippo picture on my tr if you have time, I would love to scare ooh i mean show it to DH! LOL

- LOVED the OKW photos, their lobby looks so warm and comfy.
- I can't believe no one commented on your funny bad pun "crappy pictures" of the bathroom LOL
and the "hidden MEK" picture in the kitchen mirror

- sorry to hear about the unfortunate conversation with your brother. I've seen this happen in my family, where someone feels backed against a wall and lashes out. I'm guessing that DSIL was putting her foot down, but you were getting the heat. I hope that by June you all have a bit of memory loss, and that everyone has a lot of fun. If I remember right, you are arriving the day we leave, and that's the last weekend of Star Wars Weekends. Maybe you can get your nephews there, they sound just the right age to love it!

- Your Epcot day hit all of the shows that we haven't done yet! I am hoping to catch Ellen this time, but that is much lower on my list than the American Adventures. I'm not sure how we've missed every time --but we really do want to see that! I love your narrative with the photos, thanks!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #1675
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I love the American Adventure, what a wonderful update!!!!.
Isn't it a great attraction. the animatronics are so cool and the music - all of it is so moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
And SO happy about your Brother/SIL going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Made my morning.
I am very relieved the whole family is going. I think they will have a great, despite short, trip. I am still undecided on whether to send Nick home with them on the train. I need to get that figured out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love the American Adventure update! I'm one of them people that hasn't seen it...need to sort that out! !
On your next trip try to stop in there and see it. It's a tough attraction after lunch because it so easy to nap in there, but its also very well done. Definitely worth seeing once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Am glad the whole of your brothers family is coming and the planning can begin!
I am very glad they are working it out. It really will probably be their only chance to go there as a family because traveling with 6 people is so expensive. Even with the lodging paid for it is still an expensive trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Awesome AA update!
Thanks! So glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I hope the autotrain works out for your brother & family. So much drama! But the train sounds like a perfect solution to get them all there... even the Disney hating brother!
I think they will like the auto train - at least on the way down where they have sleeper cars. I don't think the ride back is going to be that fun! But the kids really won't know any better since most of them have never flown. It will seem normal to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Did I comment already? I can't remember. Am right there with you on loving American Adventure and tear up every single time. So moving.
I think its wonderful to have an attraction that incites such patriotism. I mean - I like the Hall of Presidents and all that - but it just doesn't cause me to have the same feeling as the AA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
As for the drama/saga... I hope the train is the answer and that once everyone arrives the pixie dust is flowing and everyone has a magical time!
That's what we need - plenty of first timer pixie dust. I really hope they all get a little taste of it. It will make their vacation such a great experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
OMG I just spend the last 30 minutes replying to the last 3 weeks of updates and my replies got totally wiped when I previewed. aaaagghhh what kind of update was done las tnight anyway?
Isn't that the most frustrating thing EVER! I hate when I am already behind, do my reply, and then something happens to it. so frustrating!

Quote:
oh well, here is the short version of my reply.

- please do post the hippo picture on my tr if you have time, I would love to scare ooh i mean show it to DH! LOL
I will try very hard to remember to do that tonight. You'll love it!

Quote:
- LOVED the OKW photos, their lobby looks so warm and comfy.
It really is such a cute lobby. Loved it!

Quote:
- I can't believe no one commented on your funny bad pun "crappy pictures" of the bathroom LOL
Yeah - especially after I had just been praying to the porcelain god just a few short hours prior!

Quote:
and the "hidden MEK" picture in the kitchen mirror
Nice touch, right?

Quote:
- sorry to hear about the unfortunate conversation with your brother. I've seen this happen in my family, where someone feels backed against a wall and lashes out. I'm guessing that DSIL was putting her foot down, but you were getting the heat. I hope that by June you all have a bit of memory loss, and that everyone has a lot of fun.
I really think my brother thought my SIL would stay home, but he realized she was serious about going he had to figure out a way to go along with the program.

Yes - a bit of memory loss certainly never hurts in situations like these!

Quote:
If I remember right, you are arriving the day we leave, and that's the last weekend of Star Wars Weekends. Maybe you can get your nephews there, they sound just the right age to love it!
Our check in day is the 10th. Unfortunately, I doubt I will take them to a park until evening and it will probably be MK. They will be getting off the train in the morning so by the time they unload, drive, arrive, and unpack (with the late check-in) it will be pool then park. They leave again on Friday. I think they would enjoy it. Too bad.

Quote:
- Your Epcot day hit all of the shows that we haven't done yet! I am hoping to catch Ellen this time, but that is much lower on my list than the American Adventures. I'm not sure how we've missed every time --but we really do want to see that! I love your narrative with the photos, thanks!!!
I hope you do get to at least one. I personally prefer the AA adventure over Ellen. Why, oh why is it so hard to do everything?

Old 04-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #1676
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
[SIZE="4"]
The latest is that all 6 of them are taking the auto train down and back. [SIZE]
So LJ is coming..... awesome

Old 04-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #1677
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
So LJ is coming..... awesome
I am very excited that LJ is coming! I love that kid even though is starting to get some pre teen traits.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #1678
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I love the American Adventure! One of my favorites at WDW. Always brings a tear to my eye when they start to play Golden Dreams.

That's what I have for you Mary Ellen and the craziness that is coming from your June trip. I get that from people all the time. "There are so many other places to visit other than Disney"....Yes....and I've been to many of them and enjoy them. I feel strongly that there are not people that are indifferent to Disney. People either hate it or love it, but that's it. No middle of the road people that I've met for sure. I hope it all works out, or you may have an interesting TR on your hands.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #1679
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Nice job with the AA pictures! Wait, that doesn't sound right. Let's just stick with calling it the American Adventure.

My kids still haven't seen this show. I think it's about time.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #1680
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love the American Adventure! One of my favorites at WDW. Always brings a tear to my eye when they start to play Golden Dreams.
Isn't it such a great song! I get choked up everytime - never fails! I think I'll take the nephews to see it this summer. Wonder what they will think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
That's what I have for you Mary Ellen and the craziness that is coming from your June trip. I get that from people all the time. "There are so many other places to visit other than Disney"....Yes....and I've been to many of them and enjoy them. I feel strongly that there are not people that are indifferent to Disney. People either hate it or love it, but that's it. No middle of the road people that I've met for sure. I hope it all works out, or you may have an interesting TR on your hands.
Thanks for the hug and I think you may be right about the "middle of the road" people. They are few and far between, but they do exist. We took some friends of ours a couple years ago and they stayed pretty neutral on the whole experience. I actually think that's more unnerving then people who flat out say they hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Nice job with the AA pictures! Wait, that doesn't sound right. Let's just stick with calling it the American Adventure.
Good idea. Not that there's anything wrong with the other AA, just a world apart from the American Adventure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
My kids still haven't seen this show. I think it's about time.
It's definitely time! If nothing else it is a good sensory experience because there is always something visual to hold the attention.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: