Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #1606
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I hope the memorial service went well.

Do you think the SIL will go without your DB? Im sorry about all the indecisiveness. If they dont go have you decided to keep the treehouse? Lots of questions, sorry. I hope everything sorts itself out soon.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #1607
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Don't you hate it when you try and try to do something good for others and then the plans get totally flubbed up? I have an older sister who sounds like your brother. She won't commit to a gosh darn thing and it messes everything up. I hope that things get worked out soon so that you can move on with your plans.

Moving on to your walk around World Showcase...I loved all of the countries and the Christmas decorations. Disney really knows how to decorate!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #1608
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

oh Mary Ellen! UGH UGH UGH on the brother drama. That is so frustrating even if you know and empathize with what's behind it. I hope they get it worked out.

Will Brian and his GF go either way now? What a wild ride you are on.

BLEH on the "win", sounds like you are out $75 if you don't show up? What a total pita.

On a positive note....

Lovely walk around the world, that sure looks nice right now

but.... sad it's the last stroll.....

the good news is, no matter what happens, June isn't all that far away (in the big picture) and soon you'll be strolling around the world again!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:37 AM   #1609
MEK
DIS Veteran

So, anyway - we already snuck away for our timeshare presentation that we "won". We really had the nicest guide, but the presentation was 4 hours long. OMG! I think Denny really wanted to buy it. And the guide kept saying that he wished we had gone there before we bought DVC because he was going to show me how to use that contract to trade into Disney. Yeah! Right! What saved me was as much as I liked the rooms, I did not like the overall complex. It was new and the construction didn't look great. It just didn't have good curb appeal and I told them that. They said it was because it wasn't landscaped, but that's not what the problem was.

So I hope to sneak in some replies from work today.

We had a fun time. Spent two nights in Williamsburg and did some new things that we haven't done before. We still didn't buy a ticket to Colonial Williamsburg because we were not "released" from out timeshare presentation until 12:30pm and we had tickets to a concert in the Kimball theatre that started at 1:30pm, so I didn't want to buy a nearly $50 ticket to tour for the afternoon and the following morning. Plus I'm going back in 2 1/2 weeks with my GFs, so we will probably tour it then.

Didn't take a ton of pictures, but will eventually upload some.

Anyhoooooooo - got to get ready for work. Haven't unpacked a thing - we got home at 10pm.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #1610
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

4 hours!! Oh dear. I'm glad you had a good time though. Can't wait to see a few pics
Old 04-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #1611
Pinkocto

Trade into DVC, that doesn't sound right... Glad you had fun, it's always nice just to have quality time. For some reason, since one of the coupons was for an Orlando hotel, I thought that this was happening down in FL. Glad you didn't have to travel too far.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 04-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #1612
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
First - Denny and I "won" a vacation. Notice the "quotes". Usually that means a string is attached to the offer, and in this case the string is a timeshare presentation.
You're braver than I am. I have yet to accept one of those "prizes".

Quote:
In other news, I called my brother last week and told him he must absolutely give me a decision on the Disney trip by this Friday, April 6th. If I do not hear back from them I will assume they are not going and I will be making other plans.
I will be happy to play the role of "your brother" if you need me. I make sacrifices like that for friends.

Quote:
I pretty sure I got the Norwegian Club Sandwich - turkey, ham, and bacon $7.99 but this is one pretty boring looking sandwich
Anything with bacon is never boring.

Quote:
And yet, again, I missed a complete performance by the voices of liberty, my favorite acapella singing group. Darn bio break.
Love those singers. They are terrific.

Quote:
I took a ton of pictures NON FLASH during the show.
That's good. I hate it when people flash during the show.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #1613
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I never knew about that sitting area in Germany. I've got to keep an out for it in the future...looks like a nice little place to take a break!
I think it may have only been there for Christmas. I got the feeling it was so you could sit and drink that German wine. I wish I could remember the name of it. It's a type of wine you can drink hot or cold. Hmmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Looking forward to your update on the American Adventure. I think it's a good show, but the last time I watched it...I dozed off.
It's easy to fall asleep in there, but taking pictures kept me awake. And I took A LOT of them so get ready. I need to work on some narration to go along with the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Sorry about the issues with your brother and trying to coordinate a trip. Ugh!
I still haven't heard from them. There deadline is in 2 days. Seriously, we are down to the wire people. Now I am starting to get irritated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Looks like you had a nice time touring the World Showcase. You taking some non-flash pictures in the American Adventure reminds me of the story my sister told me after their last trip -- some lady (a guest, not a CM) kept yelling at my brother-in-law because he was taking pictures. Outside the theater he told her the sign said "no flash pictures". Apparently she didn't understand the difference.
Apparently not. But don't you think that's pretty common? Some people just assume any picture may come with a flash at any random time. Sheesh! I'm very happy with the way my pictures turned out and I will definitely be posting them with the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Sorry you are having issues with your brother and planning the trip. Hope it all works out.
Thanks! I hope it works out too, but I really feel like they shouldn't be waiting till the last minute to confirm. Well, I guess as long as they DO confirm, but if Friday comes and I hear nothing I am NOT going to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Wow, sorry about all of your family drama! That sounds stressful... I hope everything works out for the best!
I hope it works out too. I am starting to get worried now and I'm starting to feel like they are taking me for granted. I feel like if they had really wanted to do this it would be done now.

Quote:
That sweet pretzel looks really good! I didn't know they had anything like that at Kringla!
The pretzel was yummy! Loved it!

Quote:
I loved all your pictures from the American Adventure! I've actually never been in there so that's nice to see!
I took a bunch of pictures during the presentation so make sure you come see them once I post them. I want to put a little narration with them. It's a cool attraction. Very patriotic.

Quote:
Good luck with your memorial service this weekend.
Thanks! I think it went well. The singing went well. I was a little weak in spots with the guitar. I guess that's where my nerves went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Sorry to hear about the drama with the upcoming trip. That is never fun. I've been there before, so I get it.
Drama is NEVER a good way to start a trip. It just creates bad feelings. I seriously never thought it would be the beginning of April and they would still be up in the air. That's just not normal. And my worst fear is that somehow I will end up being the bad guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I hope all of the drama with planning your upcoming trip works out soon! How frustrating!
Thanks! I hope we can work it out too. We are down to the wire! Ugghh! So frustrating! Ughhh! I don't even like talking about it anymore!

Quote:
Love all of your shots from around WS - your Kringla treats look great!
The kringla treats were fun. I like that place. Plus it was the perfect place to sit in the nice weather! Glad you enjoyed the pictures!

Quote:
Best of luck at the memorial service!!
Thanks! I think it went well and its always nice to earn a little extra Disney $

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Sorry to hear the summer trip planning is such a hassle. I hope that your brother's family is able to figure something out. And how cute that your son wants to go!
I can't believe Brian wants to go. I don't know if it was a fleeting thought or if he really wants to go. I really do think Brian loves Disney deep in his heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Nothing like a sunny afternoon walking the WS circle! I agree- so many pretty spots to stop and people watch. And I'm really excited to see what the new wine bar in Italy is like!
The world showcase was lovely! It's even better when the weather is perfect like it was in December. I will definitely be checking that wine bar out this summer. I'm really looking forward that. And I'm sure we'll all be hitting that in October.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #1614
Pinkocto

Hi Mary Ellen, I've started my TR if you'd like to join.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2905392

Old 04-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #1615
MEK
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry its taking me so long to do replies. I am going to do a few now, but we are going to a soccer tournament today and even though the first game is not until this afternoon, I've got a lot to do. Two overnight trips in one week is a lot for me!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #1616
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ugh I can't believe your brother and everyone is being so annoying about your trip! So if your brother doesn't commit, no one is going, not even your nephews? They're kind of running out of time!
I was so annoyed over this situation yesterday that I think its one of the reasons I have been procrastinating on replies. It's just obvious that they don't see value in this trip. They should have committed long before now. It's not looking good.

Quote:
I love the World Showcase! Your pictures of China are always so beautiful!
Thanks! Love China. I really want to see the movie this summer. It's been a long time.

Quote:
Ugh, I always miss the Voices of Liberty too! I'm going to try SO hard to see them in May! And I can't ever get a good picture on the stairs of all those flags either!
I hope you make it in time to see them. I do love their incredible voices. I am hoping that we see them in June. Denny loves that building, so it shouldn't be hard to convince him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your brother still up in the air! For his children's sake, he needs to get help for his disorder, so unfair to them. I hope all works out!
Queen - its not looking good. Today is the deadline I gave them and I have not heard one word.

When I was running yesterday I thought the same thing. He has lived too much of his life this way and he (and his kids) are missing out on vacations. The most they ever go away is 3 days because my brother says he can't handle it. I really believe he can't handle it more because of his anxiety that the actual logistics that go along with handling 4 kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great wander around WS! I love to get a glass of Rosa Regale (my fav Italian wine, sweet and oh so yummy) and just enjoy the courtyard! One of my most favorite things to do...I feel like we're back in Italy everytime we do it!
I'm definitely going to enjoy the courtyard this summer. In the evenings I am going to hit all the little nooks and crannies of the world showcase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Hello! I have not been on here much at all in the last week or so... Glad I wasn't too terribly behind.
No worries. Look how far behind I've gotten! Ugh. And I am not going to catch up until after Easter unless we take a computer to the soccer tournament. I really don't like traveling with computers. It's just another thing to "take care of".

Quote:
I limit myself quite a bit before trips, too. Not sure what it accomplishes, but it makes everything taste better once I'm there.
I really need to lose some weight before June. I prefer to start a trip with my clothes fitting and NOT being tight. There's plenty of time for them to be tight afterwards.

Quote:
And not being able to drink at all...not fun!
That was awful! I really struggled with that because trying different drinks is part of the fun. I didn't mind when we were home because I can easily pass up alcohol, but being on vacation and not being able to sample adult beverages felt so restrictive.

Quote:
Oh, I will. This summer I'm hoping we'll be at BC again and we can spend just about every evening there.
You did reserve BC, right? You guys should think about a DVC contract too! I am recommending that to everyone these days. Look for a resale at the BCV!

Quote:
And I almost forgot about the girl's trip, too!
Single digit dancing baby! I hope you like SSR. It's not the beach club, but it is a very pretty resort!

Quote:
For some reason, I'm not all that excited about it. Think it might have to do with the fact that the trip could get cancelled at the last minute. Max's surgery is not supposed to be a big deal at all and he should be back at school the Monday after (surgery is Thursday) with nothing more than a really bloodshot eye. But if that isn't the case for some reason, I'll be staying put. Luckily, the tickets (which I bought when Max was set to have this surgery back in February) are on SW and they'll let me transfer them to something else. One of the great things about SW.
I'm so glad that Max's surgery went well! It must be great to have that behind you, especially since you have been waiting so long to get it over. I hope you and Max have a nice weekend recuperating.

Quote:
And...another great update. Love the ornaments in Germany. If they'll have them in June, I'll have to keep an eye out for them in April. Lunch looked great, too. Is there seating in there? I know EPCOT has a zillion excellent CS options, but do they all have seating?
Yes - definitely look for them and let me know if they are still there. That is definitely going to be my June souvie! I have enough mugs and wine glasses.

Quote:
Sorry about your brother. I don't understand why people won't get the help they need when it comes to psychological issues. I certainly have and wouldn't want something like to get in the way of doing something with my kids. I mean, if you're worried about the plane, they have lots of things that can help take care of that. And it really is such a short flight.
In my brother's mind it is not his anxiety disorder that is standing in the way of the trip. He seriously does not see through the layers of reasons to get to what the underlying truth is. He used to see a therapist, who was amazing, and he needs to go back to this guy. But he won't. It's too late to fix it before the trip. I feel bad for him because he is extraordinarily stubborn (as is everyone in my family) and that makes it so much worse. I am far from perfect. I have the anxiety gene too, but I've learned that when you force yourself to be uncomfortable you come out being a stronger person.

Quote:
I don't know why people think they can wait such a long time when planning for a vacation. Its only going to get more expensive.
They keep saying "It's not the money", but I don't care how much $ you have, no one wants to get ripped off.

Quote:
Hope you're having a great weekend. I'm sure the service will go well, but things like that are so tough emotionally.
Thanks. I think the service went well. The singing went well. No mistakes. My guitar playing was a little weak. That's where my nerves went!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your Brother, could LJ an his brother not do what kids do best and pester him till he gives in????
I asked them if they talked to the kids and they said no. So I guess the kids won't be doing any pestering. Oh well. I'll just keep my mouth shut around them. I offered to take LJ and his brother but now the flights we are on would be too cost prohibitive for them to fly with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
Just a secont thought, I was thinking, anyone remember BA on The A Team... they always drugged him to get him on flights.... can a nurse practitioner prescribe propofol.in the US....
Believe me, I am not above such drastic tactics! I'm not sure about propofol, but I could be convinced to write a prescription for Xanax!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #1617
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No worries. Look how far behind I've gotten! Ugh. And I am not going to catch up until after Easter unless we take a computer to the soccer tournament. I really don't like traveling with computers. It's just another thing to "take care of".
That is so true...I take it Disney so download pictures right away, as it seems to help me keep them more organized.

Quote:
I really need to lose some weight befo June. I prefer to start a trip with my clothes fitting and NOT being tight. There's plenty of time for them to be tight afterwards.
I bet you're fine...but its not a pleasant feeling when your clothes are tight, that's for sure. I really love feeling like Disney's one big treat, too.

Quote:
That was awful! I really struggled with that because trying different drinks is part of the fun. I didn't mind when we were home because I can easily pass up alcohol, but being on vacation and not being able to sample adult beverages felt so restrictive.
I'm planning on sampling a few more this time, but we'll have to see... I take some medication that sometimes doesn't mix so well with alcohol. Sometimes it doesn't bother me at all, other times it just seems to magnify the degree to which alcohol makes me sleepy by about a thousand.

Quote:
You did reserve BC, right? You guys should think about a DVC contract too! I am recommending that to everyone these days. Look for a resale at the BCV!
I haven't called and made the reservation yet, but I will when I get back no question. The one mod I'd consider (CSR) is booked, so that makes that decision easier. Plus, Mark will not even entertain talk of another resort. I'd love to buy DVC and no doubt we will at some point, but not yet. I am thinking right now that February 2013 will be our last trip for awhile. It will be the last one we can get out of our current APs and then we're going to have focus on some other things for a bit.

Quote:
Single digit dancing baby! I hope you like SSR. It's not the beach club, but it is a very pretty resort!
I've looked at tons of pictures of SSR and it does look lovely. Nothing like actual Saratoga Springs (my cousin went to Skidmore and we visited several times), but it is Disney! The main pool looks nice, too. This is a trip where I'm definitely looking at the resort as a place to sleep and perhaps for a bit of pool time. I really want to maximize my park time, since I won't have anyone holding me back.

Quote:
I'm so glad that Max's surgery went well! It must be great to have that behind you, especially since you have been waiting so long to get it over. I hope you and Max have a nice weekend recuperating.
Thank you. We are enjoying the weekend, although Max is already bouncing around again. How do kids recover so quickly? It is amazing.

Quote:
Yes - definitely look for them and let me know if they are still there. That is definitely going to be my June souvie! I have enough mugs and wine glasses.
Will do!

[QUOTE=MEK;44521399 I am far from perfect. I have the anxiety gene too, but I've learned that when you force yourself to be uncomfortable you come out being a stronger person. [/QUOTE]

So, so, so true. That is a huge part of the reason why I took my current job.

Quote:
They keep saying "It's not the money", but I don't care how much $ you have, no one wants to get ripped off.
Also true. I especially don't like wasting money on transportation. That just kills me.

Quote:
Thanks. I think the service went well. The singing went well. No mistakes. My guitar playing was a little weak. That's where my nerves went!
Glad to hear it. Singing in and of itself is tough, but add in playing guitar? Wow, that's impressive.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #1618
MEK
DIS Veteran

Going to try to sneak some replies in from work! Sorry I have gotten so far behind on replies and on everyone elses' TRs! Last week was a crazy busy week, but fun. And, then of course, the drama with the June trip. If you follow me on FB then you may know that I got a "Yes" from my SIL on Friday evening at 7pm - the deadline date. But there is still MUCH MORE to the story. I will get to that hopefull tonight. I want to get all my replies done. So stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Been there done that, didn't even get a t-shirt! Our post-presentation prize was patio furniture. It was so small and rickety that I think it was made for gnomes!:
editing in (sorry I missed this first time around) - That does NOT sound like a good prize. I am glad we did the timeshare thing once. We had a nice two night trip and it was a good experience, but I won't be doing one of those for a LONG time!

Quote:
Been there done this too. We tried to plan a trip with 2 other couples and were offering to provide the rooms with our DVC points free of charge. After months of never getting a committment, I finally just dropped the subject and let it die. It's their loss and I won't make that mistake again. We have problems with our Saints football season tickets too. We've taken countless guests to football games and never even thought of asking for them to pay anything. They then expect you to take them to at least one game each year if not most games each season!:
Offering things to people does open up a bag of worms, doesn't it? You want to be generous, but you also expect people to respect the offer. If they don't want to use it then they should graciously decline it. It's just odd how people act sometimes.

Quote:
You're offering to share your points, tickets, etc. that you've paid for out of pocket with friends and family and they won't give you the common courtesy of making a timely decision one way or the other or they expect it again and again. Maybe I'm different (no comments here MEK - this is a PG forum!!) but if someone does something nice for me, I appreciate it, I show my appreciation and do not expect it again. Likewise, if I do something for someone, I don't expect anything in return but a simple thank you is always appreciated. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now. :
I appreciate your soapbox because I feel the same way. For example, when I took my GF's to HHI they were super appreciative. I paid for most of the stay, but they also contributed a night each AND they took me to dinner, which they totally didn't need to do. I liked the way they handled it.

Wait? Did you say the DIS was a PG forum? who knew?

Quote:
Back to the TR...don't you just love WDW at Christmas? I just can't imagine any other place with so much to offer for decorations and entertainment during this special time of the year. Our last trip during this time the weather the first 3 days was upper 70's which is when we did our tours and water rides. A cold front moved in mid-trip as if on cue and really made our visits to see the Osborne lights, the snow on Main Street and the Candlelight Processional just about perfect. I can't wait to go back during Christmas. It looks like it will be Dec, 2014 before we make it back then. Yes, I know that's over 2 years from now but being the uber-planner I am, I have tentative trips planned until May, 2015....unless of course, addonitis strikes again and we can make more trips!
I am an uber planner too, but right now I am only focused through Fall 2013! I definitely would like to get back for a December trip. I do love the weather and the spirit of the season. I might try going right after NY's next time. As much as I love the December trips, I feel so let down when I get home and have to face the stress of Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Wow on the drama with the 'win' lol and then with your upcoming trip...hope things sort themselves out.
The "win" trip actually turned out to be a lot of fun and I'm glad we did it. Although I can tell you one thing, I won't be sitting through another time share presentation anytime soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love all the pics of WS and of the yummy treats!
How I miss the worldshowcase. It really is my "go to" place when I want to day dream! Can't wait to get back there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Sorry to hear about your extended trip planning issues for June - very frustrating for sure.
It's really been a struggle and it's still not 100 percent resolved and on top of that I've learned that my brother is very anti-Disney in general. More on that in the next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Your WS pictures are wonderful. We love the bakery sandwiches for lunch. They are delicious and plenty to even satisfy a teenage boy!
I did enjoy that sanwich and wouldn't mind eating there again, but I know it won't be June because I can't stand eating outside in the heat. I really need that AC break for lunch!

Last edited by MEK; 04-09-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #1619
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I love those MM glass balls, I'll have to get one in Sept.
I really want one of them. Definitely on my list for June. I love buying things like that in the summer and then using them at Christmas. It makes everything so festive.

Quote:
Too bad about your brother, but you did the right thing by giving him an ultimatum. I agree that it's a shame your nephews may never get to go to WDW. I think every child should get to visit WDW!
I definitely needed to give them a deadline. Unfortunately, it has not worked out the way I had hoped. I will explain in my next update!

Quote:
That train fare is out of sight!
Isn't that crazy?????? Who, in their right mind, would pay that price for train fare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I hope the memorial service went well.
I am happy with the way it went. I think my singing went well. My guitar playing was not as good as I had hoped because I couldn't plug in my guitar and I kept focusing on whether I was close enough to the regular mic which was hidden in a podium. Rather distracting.

Quote:
Do you think the SIL will go without your DB? Im sorry about all the indecisiveness. If they dont go have you decided to keep the treehouse? Lots of questions, sorry. I hope everything sorts itself out soon.
Well, the latest is my SIL is going with some of the boys. I will reveal the whole story in my next update. It's not the way I wanted it to turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Don't you hate it when you try and try to do something good for others and then the plans get totally flubbed up? I have an older sister who sounds like your brother. She won't commit to a gosh darn thing and it messes everything up. I hope that things get worked out soon so that you can move on with your plans.
Thanks! They did come to a decision and I will talk about that in my next update. Denny warned me that you shouldn't try to plan other peoples vacations for them and he was right. It's not been a positive experience so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Moving on to your walk around World Showcase...I loved all of the countries and the Christmas decorations. Disney really knows how to decorate!
Don't they? Christmas at Disney is so awesome - the great weather and the pretty decorations makes for such a great combo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
oh Mary Ellen! UGH UGH UGH on the brother drama. That is so frustrating even if you know and empathize with what's behind it. I hope they get it worked out.

Well, it has been worked out and I will post on it later tonight. I have to figure out how to do it without going into too much detail.

Quote:
Will Brian and his GF go either way now? What a wild ride you are on.
Let's just say that two spots have opened up if they want to go.

Quote:
BLEH on the "win", sounds like you are out $75 if you don't show up? What a total pita.
Well, we got our $75 back and the $125 so I think I am going to convert the visa gift card to a disney gift card. Hopefully I can use one to buy the other!

Quote:
On a positive note....

Lovely walk around the world, that sure looks nice right now

but.... sad it's the last stroll.....
The last stroll is always bitter sweet, isn't it? I remember the last stroll from May as well. Fortunately, we didn't have far to stroll.

Quote:
the good news is, no matter what happens, June isn't all that far away (in the big picture) and soon you'll be strolling around the world again!
I am definitely looking forward to June although the recent events have put a bit of a damper on my enthusiasm!

Old 04-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #1620
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
4 hours!! Oh dear. I'm glad you had a good time though. Can't wait to see a few pics
Yup - 4 hours! He was a good salesman, but we just weren't buying it. It was pretty painful, but in a way I'm glad we did it. And the rest of the mini trip was a lot of fun! However, I will not be doing another timeshare presentation anytime soon. That's a promise!

Quote:
Trade into DVC, that doesn't sound right... Glad you had fun, it's always nice just to have quality time. For some reason, since one of the coupons was for an Orlando hotel, I thought that this was happening down in FL. Glad you didn't have to travel too far.

I think it is possible to trade into DVC, but it's more the exception then the rule. It was just a sales pitch. Seriously - like I didn't know better.

I really don't think we will use the Orlando gift certificate. I guess if we needed one night off site before a trip we could have used it, but I already took care of that for this trip. Plus, I am sure its a hotel we really wouldn't want to stay in for more than a night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You're braver than I am. I have yet to accept one of those "prizes".
The four hour time share presentation was a bit much, but the rest of the stay was great and it really was a lot less pressure than I thought it would be. In the end I really didn't like the product they were selling so it made saying "No" a lot easier.

Quote:
I will be happy to play the role of "your brother" if you need me. I make sacrifices like that for friends.
After this weekend I think I DO need a new brother.

Quote:
Anything with bacon is never boring.
True!

Quote:
Love those singers. They are terrific.
They really are and I am going to see an entire performance this summer, no matter what!

Quote:
That's good. I hate it when people flash during the show.
Yeah - me too!

Quote:
Hi Mary Ellen, I've started my TR if you'd like to join.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2905392
I'm really enjoying your TR so far. You got tons of great detail pictures. The cruise looks amazing!

Quote:
That is so true...I take it Disney so download pictures right away, as it seems to help me keep them more organized.
It is much easier when you download your pictures right away. I have to agree with that!

Quote:
I bet you're fine...but its not a pleasant feeling when your clothes are tight, that's for sure. I really love feeling like Disney's one big treat, too.
I do not like tight clothes and its gotten really, really hard for me to lose weight over the last couple years. I want to try again before summer. We'll see how it goes.

Quote:
I'm planning on sampling a few more this time, but we'll have to see... I take some medication that sometimes doesn't mix so well with alcohol. Sometimes it doesn't bother me at all, other times it just seems to magnify the degree to which alcohol makes me sleepy by about a thousand.
That's what fun - sampling different things. I enjoy that aspect of drinking at the world. I love to see what people drink and how they describe it and then I make a point of trying to taste one or two new things each trip.

Quote:
I haven't called and made the reservation yet, but I will when I get back no question. The one mod I'd consider (CSR) is booked, so that makes that decision easier. Plus, Mark will not even entertain talk of another resort. I'd love to buy DVC and no doubt we will at some point, but not yet. I am thinking right now that February 2013 will be our last trip for awhile. It will be the last one we can get out of our current APs and then we're going to have focus on some other things for a bit.
Good luck with the summer reservation.

I said the same thing after my October 2012 trip. I said I'm not going back for another year. Do you really think I can last that long?????? I have NO idea!

Quote:
I've looked at tons of pictures of SSR and it does look lovely. Nothing like actual Saratoga Springs (my cousin went to Skidmore and we visited several times), but it is Disney! The main pool looks nice, too. This is a trip where I'm definitely looking at the resort as a place to sleep and perhaps for a bit of pool time. I really want to maximize my park time, since I won't have anyone holding me back.
My older son played a soccer tournament nearing the real Saratoga Springs a few years ago and it was interesting how Disney did copy a few real things that were in the park and in the main part of town. But other than that - no similarity. It is a cool town. I enjoyed my quick visit there.

Quote:
Thank you. We are enjoying the weekend, although Max is already bouncing around again. How do kids recover so quickly? It is amazing.
It is amazing how resilient kids are. I'm glad his surgery ended up being minor with a quick recovery time!

Quote:
Will do!
I really want that souvie! I really feel confident they will be there.

Quote:
So, so, so true. That is a huge part of the reason why I took my current job.
Your job sounds very demanding. Thanks goodness you get some time off in the summer.

Quote:
Also true. I especially don't like wasting money on transportation. That just kills me.
Me too! Ugh. And I am wasting money but not booking Nick's return flight, but that ties in with the original saga.

Quote:
Glad to hear it. Singing in and of itself is tough, but add in playing guitar? Wow, that's impressive.
I was one of these kids who learned musical instruments quicker than my friends, so it doesn't seem all that impressive to me. I do wish I had stuck with it continuously and never taken a break. I think I would be a much better musician now.

I have to say, I do enjoy singing without the guitar once in awhile. It really is refreshing to focus on only one thing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: