Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #1591
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Sorry about the issues with your brother and trying to coordinate a trip. Ugh!

Looks like you had a nice time touring the World Showcase. You taking some non-flash pictures in the American Adventure reminds me of the story my sister told me after their last trip -- some lady (a guest, not a CM) kept yelling at my brother-in-law because he was taking pictures. Outside the theater he told her the sign said "no flash pictures". Apparently she didn't understand the difference.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #1592
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Sorry you are having issues with your brother and planning the trip. Hope it all works out.

Love the WS Pics, love American Adventure, looking forward to the rest of the update.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #1593
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Wow, sorry about all of your family drama! That sounds stressful... I hope everything works out for the best!

That sweet pretzel looks really good! I didn't know they had anything like that at Kringla!

I loved all your pictures from the American Adventure! I've actually never been in there so that's nice to see!

Good luck with your memorial service this weekend.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #1594
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about the drama with the upcoming trip. That is never fun. I've been there before, so I get it.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #1595
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I hope all of the drama with planning your upcoming trip works out soon! How frustrating!

Love all of your shots from around WS - your Kringla treats look great!

Best of luck at the memorial service!!
Old 04-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #1596
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear the summer trip planning is such a hassle. I hope that your brother's family is able to figure something out. And how cute that your son wants to go!

Nothing like a sunny afternoon walking the WS circle! I agree- so many pretty spots to stop and people watch. And I'm really excited to see what the new wine bar in Italy is like!

Old 04-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #1597
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ugh I can't believe your brother and everyone is being so annoying about your trip! So if your brother doesn't commit, no one is going, not even your nephews? They're kind of running out of time!

I love the World Showcase! Your pictures of China are always so beautiful!

Ugh, I always miss the Voices of Liberty too! I'm going to try SO hard to see them in May! And I can't ever get a good picture on the stairs of all those flags either!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #1598
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry to hear about your brother still up in the air! For his children's sake, he needs to get help for his disorder, so unfair to them. I hope all works out!

Great wander around WS! I love to get a glass of Rosa Regale (my fav Italian wine, sweet and oh so yummy) and just enjoy the courtyard! One of my most favorite things to do...I feel like we're back in Italy everytime we do it!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #1599
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Hello! I have not been on here much at all in the last week or so... Glad I wasn't too terribly behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I tend to be really good with my diet BEFORE I go away so I at least have things under control, so to speak. But once I get there all h$!! breaks lose in terms of eating and drinking. You missed my TR 2 years ago when I couldn't drink alcohol because of an antibiotic I was taking. Oy Vey! I was actually depressed because trying new drinks is part of the fun.
I limit myself quite a bit before trips, too. Not sure what it accomplishes, but it makes everything taste better once I'm there.

And not being able to drink at all...not fun!

Quote:
You must get yourself over to Epcot next trip. You are staying at the BC, right? Now wait - I almost forgot about your girls trip. Well, that's a no brainer - 2 girls and F&G. What are you waiting for?
Oh, I will. This summer I'm hoping we'll be at BC again and we can spend just about every evening there.

And I almost forgot about the girl's trip, too!

For some reason, I'm not all that excited about it. Think it might have to do with the fact that the trip could get cancelled at the last minute. Max's surgery is not supposed to be a big deal at all and he should be back at school the Monday after (surgery is Thursday) with nothing more than a really bloodshot eye. But if that isn't the case for some reason, I'll be staying put. Luckily, the tickets (which I bought when Max was set to have this surgery back in February) are on SW and they'll let me transfer them to something else. One of the great things about SW.

And...another great update. Love the ornaments in Germany. If they'll have them in June, I'll have to keep an eye out for them in April. Lunch looked great, too. Is there seating in there? I know EPCOT has a zillion excellent CS options, but do they all have seating?

Sorry about your brother. I don't understand why people won't get the help they need when it comes to psychological issues. I certainly have and wouldn't want something like to get in the way of doing something with my kids. I mean, if you're worried about the plane, they have lots of things that can help take care of that. And it really is such a short flight.

I don't know why people think they can wait such a long time when planning for a vacation. Its only going to get more expensive.

Hope you're having a great weekend. I'm sure the service will go well, but things like that are so tough emotionally.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 04-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #1600
15isto2
DIS Veteran

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your Brother, could LJ an his brother not do what kids do best and pester him till he gives in????

Old 04-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #1601
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Just a secont thought, I was thinking, anyone remember BA on The A Team... they always drugged him to get him on flights.... can a nurse practitioner prescribe propofol.in the US....

Old 04-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #1602
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
First - Denny and I "won" a vacation. Notice the "quotes". Usually that means a string is attached to the offer, and in this case the string is a timeshare presentation. My absolute favorite thing. NOT!
Been there done that, didn't even get a t-shirt! Our post-presentation prize was patio furniture. It was so small and rickety that I think it was made for gnomes!

Quote:
So, the short of this is I am sorry I even offered. This situation is above my pay grade.

And here's something laughable - My DS Brian, who hasn't been on a Disney trip since 09 and spent about 5 hours total in the park, calls me yesterday and asks if he can go on the trip and bring his GF. Seriously? He says he needs a vacation and that he misses Disney. Claims he wasn't crazy about it for awhile, but now he wants to go back.
Been there done this too. We tried to plan a trip with 2 other couples and were offering to provide the rooms with our DVC points free of charge. After months of never getting a committment, I finally just dropped the subject and let it die. It's their loss and I won't make that mistake again. We have problems with our Saints football season tickets too. We've taken countless guests to football games and never even thought of asking for them to pay anything. They then expect you to take them to at least one game each year if not most games each season!

You're offering to share your points, tickets, etc. that you've paid for out of pocket with friends and family and they won't give you the common courtesy of making a timely decision one way or the other or they expect it again and again. Maybe I'm different (no comments here MEK - this is a PG forum!!) but if someone does something nice for me, I appreciate it, I show my appreciation and do not expect it again. Likewise, if I do something for someone, I don't expect anything in return but a simple thank you is always appreciated. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Back to the TR...don't you just love WDW at Christmas? I just can't imagine any other place with so much to offer for decorations and entertainment during this special time of the year. Our last trip during this time the weather the first 3 days was upper 70's which is when we did our tours and water rides. A cold front moved in mid-trip as if on cue and really made our visits to see the Osborne lights, the snow on Main Street and the Candlelight Processional just about perfect. I can't wait to go back during Christmas. It looks like it will be Dec, 2014 before we make it back then. Yes, I know that's over 2 years from now but being the uber-planner I am, I have tentative trips planned until May, 2015....unless of course, addonitis strikes again and we can make more trips!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 04-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #1603
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Wow on the drama with the 'win' lol and then with your upcoming trip...hope things sort themselves out.

Love all the pics of WS and of the yummy treats!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #1604
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your extended trip planning issues for June - very frustrating for sure.

Your WS pictures are wonderful. We love the bakery sandwiches for lunch. They are delicious and plenty to even satisfy a teenage boy!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #1605
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I love those MM glass balls, I'll have to get one in Sept.

Too bad about your brother, but you did the right thing by giving him an ultimatum. I agree that it's a shame your nephews may never get to go to WDW. I think every child should get to visit WDW!

That train fare is out of sight!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: