Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #1546
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I just love the WL and especially at Christmas---beautiful!

Great family picture in front of the tree!

What a great meal. We may have to try that sometime.

You got the nephews some great t-shirts!

Old 03-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #1547
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I just love the WL and especially at Christmas---beautiful!
It really is one of the best resorts for a Christmas stay. I can't wait until I get a chance to stay there near the holidays.

Quote:
Great family picture in front of the tree!
Thanks. That's one of my favorites for this trip!

Quote:
What a great meal. We may have to try that sometime.
AP is a wonderful meal. Definitely put it on your list! Its the perfect combo of ambiance, service, and good food.

Quote:
You got the nephews some great t-shirts!
Thanks! I hope they like them!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #1548
MEK
DIS Veteran

Goodbye to OKW!

Monday December 19th.....Our Last Day and Goodbye to OKW. sniff sniff

But first of recap of Day 4:
Soarin - check
Test Track - check
Mission Space
Spaceship Earth
Sum of All Thrills (the boys)
Living With the Land
Captain EO
Club Cool
The Gurgling Suitcase & The Turtle Crawl
Muppets
Osbourne Lights
WL & Artist Point

It was a nice last full day in the world and I could barely keep my eyes open when we got back to the room. I pretty much crashed into bed. I did start packing up Nick's suitcase because he is such a huge procrastinator. I didn't want him slowing us down in the morning.

I'd like to say I woke up full of energy on our last day. But that's not exactly what happened. In fact, sometime in the middle of the night I woke up extremely nauseous. It was so severe that I just headed straight to the bathroom and made it just in time to toss my cookies. I remember thinking - great I must have food poisoning. But then I noticed that Denny - who had the exact same thing to eat as me - was not turning green over the toilet bowl.

So my conclusion - Well, I think I may have mixed too many different types of alcohol. Let's see - I had my homemade adult beverage (ice tea vodka and lemonade), the turtle crawl, and two glasses of wine with dinner, but what I failed to mention was the creamsicle that I drank somewhere in between all that. I'll blame that on Denny. He carted this big bottle of premixed creamsicles in his luggage and he wanted me to help him drink some so he didn't have to throw out half a bottle. I don't normally drink that stuff because its cheap liquor and a million calories. But, hey, it was my last night of vacation, so I tossed caution to the wind and filled up a resort mug full of creamsicles.

Here's what I learned. Even though I drank all this over a period of 7 or 8 hours, my body can't mix. Lush - I guess so.

The good news - when I woke up the next morning I didn't feel terrible. I certainly was in no mood to go for a run, but I got up and packed with out difficult. Then I went out to say goodbye to OKW. Here's some of the pictures I took.

There was some serious sun coming in those windows

This lobby reminded me a lot of Hilton Head!

Outside

I wasn't quite ready for the gurgling suitcase yet

Does that guy have a suitcase of alcohol?

The arcade

Continued In Next Post...........

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #1549
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued.........

This playground is TOO cool. I was a kid I would want to be here 24/7

And with that my memory card read FULL. What's a girl to do when her new memory card is back in the room?

Why use the cell phone of course. I'm really not sure how these pics look, but here ya go......

Girl with Camera

For research purposes

Hidden Mickey shadow

When I got back to the room I decided to take a few cell phone pics before we left. I was still too lazy to search around for my memory card. I saved that until we got in the car.

The infamous peep hole

Our partially made beds

Decent sized TV

crappy BR pic

kitchenette

The light in there took forever to turn on - minutes actually. so that's why its so dark in there

art work

art work with glare

window treatments

So I'm sorry those pics stink, but that's all I've got.

We packed the car and headed out to the parks.

Any guess where we went?

Continued in Next Post......

Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #1550
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

For cell phone pictures, those were pretty good.

I canceled my Olivia's ADR for Boma today. Changed my ressie from POR to AKL.

Thanks for the suggestion!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 03-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #1551
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued........

Does this give you a hint?

Yup - That's right - We went to Epcot and the overwhelming majority (that would be 2 out 3 ) requested we go here

Fortunately we arrived as the pre show was starting.

I made a half hearted attempt to take NON Flash pictures

Of course - if you've been in Ellen you know that is pitch black in a lot of spots, so pictures weren't that easy.

Thanks to Bill Nye the Science guy Ellen is able to kick Judy's **** in Jeopardy.

True Story - I used to find Ellen extremely annoying. I don't mean the attraction, I mean Ellen Degeneres the comedian. I found her original show very annoying. I couldn't even watch it. But after I sat through her energy adventure for the first time even I, so not an Ellen fan, actually liked the attraction and I saw a new, entertaining side to her. I like her now as a comedian, but back in the late 90's everything about her felt forced.

OK - moving on

Bird Feeder that caught my eye

No Test Track for us today

It was pretty clear that future world in Epcot was feeling the holiday swell, so we started to walk back to the world showcase for an early lunch.

Up Next - Lunch in the Showcase and an American Adventure!

Old 03-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #1552
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
For cell phone pictures, those were pretty good.
Thanks! I think I got lucky with the nice morning sunshine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I canceled my Olivia's ADR for Boma today. Changed my ressie from POR to AKL.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Woo Hoo! That's a great upgrade! I hope you love AKL. I it. OMG - you are going to have a wonderful time!

Old 03-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #1553
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Monday December 19th.....Our Last Day and Goodbye to OKW. sniff sniff

I'd like to say I woke up full of energy on our last day. But that's not exactly what happened. In fact, sometime in the middle of the night I woke up extremely nauseous. It was so severe that I just headed straight to the bathroom and made it just in time to toss my cookies. I remember thinking - great I must have food poisoning. But then I noticed that Denny - who had the exact same thing to eat as me - was not turning green over the toilet bowl.

So my conclusion - Well, I think I may have mixed too many different types of alcohol. Let's see - I had my homemade adult beverage (ice tea vodka and lemonade), the turtle crawl, and two glasses of wine with dinner, but what I failed to mention was the creamsicle that I drank somewhere in between all that. I'll blame that on Denny. He carted this big bottle of premixed creamsicles in his luggage and he wanted me to help him drink some so he didn't have to throw out half a bottle. I don't normally drink that stuff because its cheap liquor and a million calories. But, hey, it was my last night of vacation, so I tossed caution to the wind and filled up a resort mug full of creamsicles.

Here's what I learned. Even though I drank all this over a period of 7 or 8 hours, my body can't mix. Lush - I guess so.
Hmmm...at HHI you decorate the parking lot with your "adult beverage" but no morning after repercussions. During this trip the "adult beverages" are consumed but it resulted in kneeling before the large porcelain water container. There is a lesson to be heeded here somewhere but darn if I know what it is. Pardon me while I

Quote:
This lobby reminded me a lot of Hilton Head!

Great, just rub it in that I didn't make it to HHI! Why don't you remind me I haven't been to WDW in almost 2 years while you're at it?

You know I love your TR's. Can't wait for more!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 03-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #1554
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Aw, sorry that you got sick overnight, but I'm glad you were still able to get going the next morning.

Quote:

Yeah, he carries a half-full bottle of creamsicles.

Wow, the OKW lobby sure looks beautiful with the morning sun streaming through the windows.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #1555
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Oh no! I'm glad your little alcohol mixing mishap didn't ruin your whole day.

Pretty pictures of OKW. Even the phone pictures!

I remember going on Ellen's Energy Adventure many, many years ago. Tim & the boys have never been & Alex really wants to check it off in his "Guide to the Magic" book. Every trip I try to squeeze it in, but it's not exactly an attraction that squeezes very well! Hopefully we'll get to check it out in April.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #1556
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pictures of OKW, MaryEllen. I do love that resort.

Sorry you got a little "under the weather" from mixing drinks. I learned several years ago that I can't mix drinks anymore.

Great photos around Epcot. I've got to put "Ellen" back on my list for our next visit...we've missed it the last couple of trips.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #1557
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Oh man, the tossing of cookies is never something good. I have experienced that at WDW before. Sadly, I cannot simply say it's the mixing of drinks. Perhaps more quantity.

I love Ellen's Energy Adventure. Stupid Judy!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #1558
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:

2 Very strong Mai Tais and Chicken wings for dinner did it to me too. Lost half a day. It was strange but after I woke up the second time I was fine. Moving slow but fine.

Quote:

There was some serious sun coming in those windows

Great shots- You are making me move that resort up on the list.

Quote:

I wasn't quite ready for the gurgling suitcase yet
I can't imagine why.

Quote:

Why yes. Yes he does.

Quote:
And with that my memory card read FULL. What's a girl to do when her new memory card is back in the room?

Why use the cell phone of course. I'm really not sure how these pics look, but here ya go......
Of course!!! And they look great too.

Quote:
The infamous peep hole

How did I miss a peephole story?

Quote:
Does this give you a hint?

ELLEN - My favorite nap spot.

Quote:
I made a half hearted attempt to take NON Flash pictures

Of course - if you've been in Ellen you know that is pitch black in a lot of spots, so pictures weren't that easy.

Thanks to Bill Nye the Science guy Ellen is able to kick Judy's **** in Jeopardy.
Those are great!!!!!

Quote:

True Story - I used to find Ellen extremely annoying. I don't mean the attraction, I mean Ellen Degeneres the comedian. I found her original show very annoying. I couldn't even watch it. But after I sat through her energy adventure for the first time even I, so not an Ellen fan, actually liked the attraction and I saw a new, entertaining side to her. I like her now as a comedian, but back in the late 90's everything about her felt forced.
Because of EEA She grew on me too.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 03-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #1559
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh no! I'm sorry you got sick. I'm glad you realized what it was though!

Old Key West is gorgeous, I love seeing all your pictures. For some reason I feel like it's the resort I know the least about.

I think you may be on to something... Ellen (at least as far as I know) is so much funnier these days!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #1560
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear you got sick, but glad it didn't last!
While going through your pictures I realized I don't remember ever seeing OKW pictures before! How does that happen? Anyway it's absolutely beautiful.
YAY Ellen! I don't remember Ellen the comedian from the '90s, so I can't comment on that, but I like her a lot now and watch her show sometimes. Also, I love Dory.
Look at all that gorgeous Epcot Christmas stuff! My two favourite things, Epcot and Christmas.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: