Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #1531
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Love the PP picture! The three of you look so nice. I'm lovin' those Osbourne lights, such great photos!

The Tink shirt is so cute, pink is also my favvorite color. Used to be red, but as I get older pink is not as harsh.

The kids shirts are cute also. On our Gatlinburg trip we stopped at the Disney outlet where I got a cute Mickey shirt.

It would be lovely to live only an hour from the beach. In Florida we were about 5 miles from the beach. So wonderful!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 03-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #1532
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

The WL is so pretty during Christmas. Even though you didn't get to stay there, you had dinner and still got to see the resort all gussied up.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #1533
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Wow what a great update! Love the shopping purchases especially the tink shirt...it's so cute!

Wow the Osborne lights look absolutely awesome!! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at AP aswell.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #1534
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
How wonderful you were able to visit WL! Glad your dinner was so good at AP, we have an ADR there May 5th, the night before our cruise-
That sounds like the perfect pre cruise meal! I hope you guys have a wonderful meal there and don't forget to hit the territory bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
And, of course, I love that pic of Nick, too!
The one with all the hats or the one with him flaunting his steak. He is so goofy most of the time its hard to get a serious pic of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Love the PP picture! The three of you look so nice. I'm lovin' those Osbourne lights, such great photos!
Thanks. I really like that picture in front of the Christmas tree. It's definitely a keeper.

I had a blast watching those Osbourne lights.

Quote:
The Tink shirt is so cute, pink is also my favvorite color. Used to be red, but as I get older pink is not as harsh.
True - pink is definitely not as harsh. Some reason that Stacy and Clinton allows say you can't wear red lipstick over 35.

Quote:
The kids shirts are cute also. On our Gatlinburg trip we stopped at the Disney outlet where I got a cute Mickey shirt.
I love shopping for kids. Too bad I don't have any little ones any more. Gaitlinburg sounds like a perfect place for a Disney outlet.

Quote:
It would be lovely to live only an hour from the beach. In Florida we were about 5 miles from the beach. So wonderful!
I bet the Florida trip was wonderful. I can't imagine living that close to the beach.

Yes - we're pretty lucky to be so close to the coast. It definitely has its advantages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
The WL is so pretty during Christmas. Even though you didn't get to stay there, you had dinner and still got to see the resort all gussied up.
Seeing the WL at Christmas was definitely a bonus. I wish we had gone over to the villas but by the time we left dinner I was so darn tired I felt like I was barely going to make it to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Wow what a great update! Love the shopping purchases especially the tink shirt...it's so cute!
Thanks! I have to admit, I thought about you when I was buying those shirts because I remembered how many cute ones you had. You were definitely an inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Wow the Osborne lights look absolutely awesome!! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at AP aswell.
The lights were beautiful. I really do hope you get a chance to see them someday.

AP was a wonderful meal. We all really enjoyed it.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #1535
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Love the Photopass pictures! Great pics of all three of you!

Dinner at Artist Point looks amazing! Especially those desserts!

Great finds at the outlet!
Old 03-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #1536
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Love the Photopass pictures! Great pics of all three of you!
Thanks! I love our picture in front of the Christmas tree. That is so a keeper!

Quote:
Dinner at Artist Point looks amazing! Especially those desserts!
It was a great dinner and a great last night. We really enjoyed it and I'm glad with stuck with that ADR and didn't try to "tweak" it.

Quote:
Great finds at the outlet!
Very happy with my outlet buys. I was actually hoping to find T's like that down in Orlando, but I never really found anything. I checked in Target but the prices there were almost as high as in the parks. It's really not like my nephews are going to know where I got their shirts.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #1537
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Love all your purchases...but the Tink tee and SW tee are my favorites...so cute!!

I have always wanted to try Artist Point for the mushroom soup because everyone raves about it....I might have to add it to this years plans if I can

Your pictures around the lodge are gorgeous. With our long Canadian winters I have always dreamed of building and living in a log cabin house....I just love them! There is something so cozy about the Lodge....
Old 03-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #1538
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Love all your purchases...but the Tink tee and SW tee are my favorites...so cute!!
Thanks! They are so cute, aren't they. I usually don't like T's, but I think I am going to love wearing those. Totally going to be the first thing in the suitcase.

Quote:
I have always wanted to try Artist Point for the mushroom soup because everyone raves about it....I might have to add it to this years plans if I can
Nick loved it. I think Denny had it the last time and he loved it. The restaurant has such a great ambiance and such nice views of the pool. I hope you do get a chance to visit.

Quote:
Your pictures around the lodge are gorgeous. With our long Canadian winters I have always dreamed of building and living in a log cabin house....I just love them! There is something so cozy about the Lodge....
Glad you like the pics. If you ever get a chance you should do the lodge tour. It's most days at 9am and last about 45mins. It is run by Ranger Joe and it is excellent. He has such a passion for the lodge. Its infectious!

Old 03-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #1539
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Totem poll

I like this totem pole picture.

Quote:
I like this hat. I'm not sure why....I wouldn't wear it, but I like it.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #1540
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I like this totem pole picture.
I think the totem poles are so interesting. I love the story about how they put the two totem poles directly across from one another and when the lobby was blessed the native americans said it was bad luck. So Disney had to figure out how to move one of the totem poles so that it is 6inches (I think) to the side. Crazy. You can't tell, but it got the lobby blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I like this hat. I'm not sure why....I wouldn't wear it, but I like it.
Nick loves hats that cover his ears. He lost his last one and I was not about to pay Disney prices, so I went to Kohls the day after we got home and got him one for Christmas.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #1541
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Caught up on Williamsburg! It's so funny to see pictures of signs for I-64 on a TR! I'm from Richmond so we use 64 all the time.

I loved all your pictures from Williamsburg. Yall did a lot of cool things! My parents have 'season tickets' so they'll go a couple times a year, but I haven't been in years!

Busch Gardens W-burg isn't considered the dark side to a Virginian! However, I don't think I'll ever go to the one in Tampa, I'd feel like I was cheating on Disney.

UGH Europe in the Air. GAG. Motion sickness like crazy. That used to be something else, where you were like a leprechaun and you rode on a horse and had to escape a witch or something- I barely remember it because it also made me so motion sick. Ugh. Haha we always eat in Germany too. Das Festaus. So fancy. But the show is fun! If you do go back to Williamsburg YOU MUST ride the Griffon! It's one of my favorite rides EVER. So much fun. If you sit on one of the front edge seats you feel like you're flying. It's amazing!

Anyways, great pictures once again! I enjoyed the first part of your trip. Now to move on to Hilton Head!

------------------------------
Caught up with your Hilton Head trip now!
Oh my goodness... South of the Border. My family almost always goes on vacation to Myrtle Beach so we always pass South of the Border, but somehow in all our trips have NEVER stopped there. Anyways, I really enjoyed reading all about it! I've never been been to Hilton Head, Savannah, OR Charleston, so I don't really have anything specific to comment on, other than yall got to do some really cool things! The pictures are gorgeous as well!

-------------------------------
NOW it's time for DISNEY! Hmm, during your late night hot tub excursion I was probably wandering around DTD half dead hahah.
I'm looking for myself in your Magic Kingdom morning photos, but no go. I'm guessing we were at opposite ends of the park at any given time. But you're right, it was BEAUTIFUL that morning! I couldn't believe how blue the sky was and how warm it was, it just did not feel like December. (Too bad the sky didn't stay blue though!)

I'm sorry about your neck, I hope it's gotten better!
I agree with you that Saturday was the perfect weather day! Your Jingle Jungle Parade photos are so great! (Really, all of your photos are great, but the JJP ones stick out to me because mine were so... ehh. )

I have to laugh at your story about driving through NYC... the SAME thing happened to me and my sister last summer! (We were Long Island bound as well.) Talk about STRESSFUL! Goodness.

YOUR OSBORNE LIGHTS PICTURES ARE SPECTACULAR! Goodness gracious!

I can't believe it but I'm FINALLY all caught up! AHH exciting! Hooray! Can't wait for more! (Sorry for the LONGEST COMMENT EVER, by the way!)
Old 03-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #1542
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Caught up on Williamsburg! It's so funny to see pictures of signs for I-64 on a TR! I'm from Richmond so we use 64 all the time.
Marissa!

Can I just say that I am totally impressed you took the time to read my TR since I'm so far into it. Wow - I don't know if I would have had the patience. Thanks for reading!

Quote:
I loved all your pictures from Williamsburg. Yall did a lot of cool things! My parents have 'season tickets' so they'll go a couple times a year, but I haven't been in years!
Speaking of W-burg - my DH Denny and I are actually going down this weekend. We are staying for two nights on a vacation that we supposedly won. Haha! We have to attend a 90 minute timeshare pitch. I haven't decided if we are going to get passes or not since I am supposed to return about 3 weeks later with my girlfriends.

Quote:
Busch Gardens W-burg isn't considered the dark side to a Virginian! However, I don't think I'll ever go to the one in Tampa, I'd feel like I was cheating on Disney.
I would love to live closer to BG. I would definitely have a season's pass. It's such a beautiful park.

I would like to visit the Tampa BG one of these days.

Quote:
UGH Europe in the Air. GAG. Motion sickness like crazy. That used to be something else, where you were like a leprechaun and you rode on a horse and had to escape a witch or something- I barely remember it because it also made me so motion sick. Ugh. Haha we always eat in Germany too. Das Festaus. So fancy. But the show is fun! If you do go back to Williamsburg YOU MUST ride the Griffon! It's one of my favorite rides EVER. So much fun. If you sit on one of the front edge seats you feel like you're flying. It's amazing!
That Europe in the Air was terrible. Definitely the worst ride I was on that day.

I have to tell you I am afraid of the Griffon. I hear it great but I am afraid I'll freak when it does that hand time thing. It does look totally cool. Wish I wasn't such a chicken. I have to admit, if its nice this weekend I may have a hard time staying away from BG.

Quote:
Anyways, great pictures once again! I enjoyed the first part of your trip. Now to move on to Hilton Head!

So glad you liked the pics! I love taking pictures, as if you couldn't tell.

------------------------------
Quote:
Caught up with your Hilton Head trip now!
Oh my goodness... South of the Border. My family almost always goes on vacation to Myrtle Beach so we always pass South of the Border, but somehow in all our trips have NEVER stopped there. Anyways, I really enjoyed reading all about it!
I'm really glad we stopped. It is definitely a must see at least once. If my friend L hadn't asked to visit I'm not sure I would have had the nerve to venture in myself.

Quote:
I've never been been to Hilton Head, Savannah, OR Charleston, so I don't really have anything specific to comment on, other than yall got to do some really cool things! The pictures are gorgeous as well!

If you ever get a chance to visit any of those three places - do it! I enjoyed each place. So different from any of the towns up here in the Northeast. I am already plotting a return visit next spring. Denny has never been there and I think he would love it.

-------------------------------
Quote:
NOW it's time for DISNEY! Hmm, during your late night hot tub excursion I was probably wandering around DTD half dead hahah.
Believe me - I considered a quick trip to DTD. I totally missed it this trip, but I'm sure we will visit in June.

Quote:
I'm looking for myself in your Magic Kingdom morning photos, but no go. I'm guessing we were at opposite ends of the park at any given time. But you're right, it was BEAUTIFUL that morning! I couldn't believe how blue the sky was and how warm it was, it just did not feel like December. (Too bad the sky didn't stay blue though!)
It really was the perfect day to kick of a vacation. I know the days that followed were pretty overcast, but it was certainly better than the rain they had the weekend before. I was originally supposed to go the weekend before and it sounded like it was a washout, so I think we actually lucked out.

Quote:
I'm sorry about your neck, I hope it's gotten better!
Thanks! It's so much better. I think I was pretty lucky that it healed fast.

Quote:
I agree with you that Saturday was the perfect weather day! Your Jingle Jungle Parade photos are so great! (Really, all of your photos are great, but the JJP ones stick out to me because mine were so... ehh. )
I love that parade. It's really my favorite day time parade. I'm so glad we decided to stay for the parade that day.

Glad you like the pics. I used my distance lens and just tried to shot over the people in front of me.

Quote:
I have to laugh at your story about driving through NYC... the SAME thing happened to me and my sister last summer! (We were Long Island bound as well.) Talk about STRESSFUL! Goodness.
I'm glad that I'm not the only person who has gotten lost in NYC, although I don't wish that on my enemy. It was not a fun time at all. I just kept driving around in circles. Ugh - so frustrating! And Stressful, indeed!

Quote:
YOUR OSBORNE LIGHTS PICTURES ARE SPECTACULAR! Goodness gracious!
Thanks! They really are my favorite pictures of the whole trip! I'm so glad we decided to see them this trip!

Quote:
I can't believe it but I'm FINALLY all caught up! AHH exciting! Hooray! Can't wait for more! (Sorry for the LONGEST COMMENT EVER, by the way!)
I can't believe you are all caught up either. Like I said before - I am pretty impressed!

Old 03-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #1543
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Whew! All caught up. Got back last Thursday and have been sick ever since. Thankfully wasn't sick on the trip. I must say I'm in love with cruising and will let you know when I start my TR which should be within the week. Was going to start this weekend but have slept through it.

Your AP meal looks fabulous! Must get there one of these trips. Your OL shots made me feel I was there all over again, so beautiful! Shame on that brother for still putzing, I would be so mad! And a happy dance for getting your waitlisted day so fast, that definitely takes the stress off, that part at least.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 03-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #1544
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Quote:
AP is lovely! DH and I went there on our anniversary trip in 09 and let me tell you what - they treated us like royalty. All we did was show up with our anniversary pins. They gave us champagne, light up characters with our dessert, and our own menu. Plus our waitress took our picture and just generally made a big fuss over us. It was wonderful. We sat right near the window which was also lovely. Definitely a fan of AP.
We ate there in '09 before it became signature and really enjoyed it *and were really glad it was covered on the DDP!

Quote:
You are going to love the safari. It is a really cool experience. I think Joe should be more afraid of the hippos. Wait until you see how wide they can open their mouths.
oh goodie! something new for me to torment him with in advanceall in humour of course!

Quote:

Did you guys have a bad experience there?

I stayed there in May a couple years ago and I don't love the theme for a spring/summer stay. But for the fall and Christmas I think its great. I am a little sad we didn't get to stay there this Christmas, but I'll eventually make it back there for the decorations.
well our 2011 trip did not have the best start. When we finally got settled in the fourth room (they seriously overbooked and at one point tried to put Joe, Katie and I in a room with a single King sized bed). it got better but DH was not thrilled with the lack of Disney's usual customer service and it kind of soured him to the resort.

Quote:

I am super excited about the Boardwalk!
YAY!!!!

Quote:

Driving to OKW is about the same distance as driving to DTD from anywhere on property. It's very easy to find. It's right next to SSR and right off one of the main roads. If you go there just go through the main entrance and park at the Hospitality House. There is a general parking lot there. Then head on over to the gurgling suitcase. It really is a cute little bar.
good to know, thanks!

Quote:
I think the totem poles are so interesting. I love the story about how they put the two totem poles directly across from one another and when the lobby was blessed the native americans said it was bad luck. So Disney had to figure out how to move one of the totem poles so that it is 6inches (I think) to the side. Crazy. You can't tell, but it got the lobby blessed!
I love that story too. I loved going up to each floor level and taking pictures and looking closer at the carvings on every level.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #1545
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Whew! All caught up. Got back last Thursday and have been sick ever since. Thankfully wasn't sick on the trip. I must say I'm in love with cruising and will let you know when I start my TR which should be within the week. Was going to start this weekend but have slept through it.
Welcome back! So sorry to hear you have been sick but I am certainly glad to hear that you weren't sick on the trip. thank goodness! I'm so glad you are going to start your TR soon. I can't wait to read all about it. I bet it was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Your AP meal looks fabulous! Must get there one of these trips. Your OL shots made me feel I was there all over again, so beautiful! Shame on that brother for still putzing, I would be so mad! And a happy dance for getting your waitlisted day so fast, that definitely takes the stress off, that part at least.
The AP meal was really great. A great way to end the trip.

Glad you like the OL shots. They are my favorite from the trip.

I gave my brother until Good Friday - that would be Friday April 6th to give a Yes or No on whose going and a head count. I told him I wasn't asking again. If I didn't hear from it we were going to make alternate plans (that would mean inviting someone else). Of course, in all fairness I should email SIL and tell her what I told him because they do not communicate well, or at all.

Very excited about the waitlist coming through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
We ate there in '09 before it became signature and really enjoyed it *and were really glad it was covered on the DDP!.

I didn't know that AP was once a regular TS credit. Interesting because I always thought it was weird that WL did not have a TS meal other than that place I can't stand with the napkin twirling and the ketchup antics. I am totally blanking on the name right now. .[/QUOTE]

Quote:
oh goodie! something new for me to torment him with in advanceall in humour of course!.
I'll have to post a picture for you on your TR. It's THAT creepy!

Quote:
well our 2011 trip did not have the best start. When we finally got settled in the fourth room (they seriously overbooked and at one point tried to put Joe, Katie and I in a room with a single King sized bed). it got better but DH was not thrilled with the lack of Disney's usual customer service and it kind of soured him to the resort. .
That does not sound like a good experience at all. I'm surprised they didn't comp you a night after that kind of run around. Yikes!

Quote:
YAY!!!!.
So excited about my seamless BWV stay.

Quote:
good to know, thanks!.
I hope you do get a chance to stop there. You could park, have a drink, and pick up the boat to DTD right near the Gurgling suitcase. How's that for convience!

Quote:
I love that story too. I loved going up to each floor level and taking pictures and looking closer at the carvings on every level.
I really want to take the lodge tour again when I stay there in the fall. I find all that trivia so interesting. I usually forget most of it, but its all great stuff.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: