Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #1516
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

The tees you bought are all so cute

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. I love the WL at Christmas time. It just looks so warm and inviting Lovely pictures throughout the update
Old 03-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #1517
amazingact21
Upendi

Those Disney shirts look awesome! I really like the Toy Story one.

Those pictures of WL make me want to visit there during the holidays. The resort just looks so welcoming, and I love all their decorations. And the picture of all you in front of the tree is wonderful! It reminded me of something you'd see on a family's Chirstmas card.

I almost began drooling at the beef tenderloin photo, and if you're saying it tasted better than a filet, then it had to be good!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #1518
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Love your Osborne Lights and Wilderness Lodge pictures! I've said it before, but you have a wonderful eye.

$14 for that beet salad, huh? Well...I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Nice call by Nick on the steak. Looks awesome.

And the photo by the Christmas tree is terrific! All 3 of you look great.

We just missed you this past weekend! We were in Bethany Beach and went to the outlets on Friday...came back up Sunday and stopped in the Cracker Barrel for a late lunch.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #1519
MEK
DIS Veteran

I'll be doing replies later tonight, but I just have to say to Mark - I was shocked when I saw that beet salad cost $14. That is a bit obscene. Somehow I remember the waiter saying it was a special that night so I had no idea how much it cost. I don't remember actually seeing a price on the menu. I love beets, but beet salads tend to be overpriced and the best beets I've ever had still come from Denny's garden!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #1520
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

The shirts you got are so cute! I have the Snow White one, it's one of my favorite Disney shirts!

Your WL pictures are making me wish I was there right now, and that it was Christmas! It's SO beautiful there, all decorated for the holidays! Now I want to go back for Christmas and not Food and Wine.

Yum, Artist Point! Everything you guys got looks so good, I love that place! That chocolate dessert looks amazing!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #1521
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Oh no final day coming up....it wasn't even my trip and I am sad. More great pics of the decorations, think Wilderness Lodge looks very nice all dressed up.

I love the Disney Tees. I really do need to get to that outlet. Excellent job on those prices and the Tink one is really cute.

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
*01/08 (mother/daughter trip)-POR*08/08-YC*4/09 (ladies trip)-Dolphin*07/10-BC*9/13-YC*4/14-WL*8/14 BC*
Old 03-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #1522
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Almost at the final day already? Wow. Can't wait for the next one! Lol!
I know - final day is coming up next. sniff sniff. A trip report goes much faster with a short trip!

Quote:
Love the pictures around Wilderness Lodge and in Artist Point. Looks like a gorgeous place!
It is beautiful. If you get the chance to tour it in September, by all means - do! Here's a hint - Ranger Joe gives lodge tours most mornings at 9am. They are open to everyone and it takes about a hour. I went on the tour a couple years ago and it was fabulous. I learned so much. I highly recommend it!

Quote:
And of course, I took my time over the Osbourne lights again
I those lights! I'm glad I took so many pictures because it gave me a different perspective then when I was actually there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of Stacy and Clinton when shopping!! I love all the shirts you got! Very cute!
You too?

Seriously - I love them because the reruns come on during my lunch break so I watch it A LOT! I have really learned a lot. I am much, much better about not buying disposable clothes (Disney Tee shirts aside ). I am much better at picking out jackets and shoes. Oh - and how I would love to have the money to buy a REALLY good pair of jeans. I'm still too cheap for that, but I do follow the rules in terms of cute and color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
The WL lobby is so pretty, I didn't realize how majestic it really is until I was actually standing in it! Your dinner at Artist Point looks great!
Dinner was awesome, although when I look back at those pictures I wish I had gotten the filet. Oh well. Still good stuff.

The lobby is so beautiful. I am really looking forward to staying there again in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
The tees you bought are all so cute
Thanks! I really like both of them and I am excited to wear them this June! I didn't try them on so I hope they fit OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. I love the WL at Christmas time. It just looks so warm and inviting Lovely pictures throughout the update
It was a lovely evening. I am glad that we took Nick to a couple signature places. I think he really enjoyed himself and the food!

When I hit the WL I really wish we were staying there. It was kind-off a bummer knowing we had to cancel that reservation. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Those Disney shirts look awesome! I really like the Toy Story one.
Isn't that cute? I hope my DN likes it. I love little boys clothes. They are all so fun.

Quote:
Those pictures of WL make me want to visit there during the holidays. The resort just looks so welcoming, and I love all their decorations. And the picture of all you in front of the tree is wonderful! It reminded me of something you'd see on a family's Chirstmas card.
Thanks! I love that picture. I could definitely see using it for a Christmas card except my older son was missing (still at school). Maybe I will use it next year and combine it with a pic of my older son. Great idea!

The WL is so amazing at the holidays. They don't have to do anything special like adding huge gingerbread displays, because the lodge is so festive already. Less is definitely more in this case!

Quote:
I almost began drooling at the beef tenderloin photo, and if you're saying it tasted better than a filet, then it had to be good!
It was really, really good! I had the filet at Jiko last May and to me, this tasted better.

Now that I am sitting here thinking about it I remember the waiter telling us where they got the beef from, but I forget. Drat. I should have written it down.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #1523
KatMark
DIS Veteran

MEK, I love all the t-shirts you bought the kids....very nice. And I love your Tink shirt. I bought me a Tink shirt last year as I was feeling the need for something other than Mickey and Tigger.

More beautiful pictures of the Osborn Lights. And I enjoyed the photos of your meal at Artist Point. I'm thinking Mark might like that restaurant...maybe for our 30th wedding anniversary in 2013.

You got some beautiful shots of WL--it really is pretty during the holiday season.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #1524
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Love your Osborne Lights and Wilderness Lodge pictures! I've said it before, but you have a wonderful eye.
Thanks! That's such a nice compliment!

Quote:
$14 for that beet salad, huh? Well...I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Did you see my comment above. I seriously don't think the salad was on the menu, rather is was a special (perhaps they added it since). I doubt we both would have ordered it at $14 a plate. It was very good but it could have used a few more beets.

Quote:
Nice call by Nick on the steak. Looks awesome.
It was really tasty. Again - I am not a huge meat eater but there really is nothing like a great steak.

Quote:
And the photo by the Christmas tree is terrific! All 3 of you look great.
Thanks. I love that picture and I'm glad we had time for that photo op. I love that there is always a PP guy (or girl) at the WL.

Quote:
We just missed you this past weekend! We were in Bethany Beach and went to the outlets on Friday...came back up Sunday and stopped in the Cracker Barrel for a late lunch.
I saw your FB posts so I know you were habing a great time. Did you stop at the CB in REhoboth? We considered it, but it looked PACKED. Actually everything looked packed so we kept driving to the Lighthouse across from the Rusty Rudder. It was fairly empty and any burger on the menu was $5. And they were yummy, so it worked out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
The shirts you got are so cute! I have the Snow White one, it's one of my favorite Disney shirts!
Thanks. You have the Snow White one? Cool! I can't wait to wear them!

Quote:
Your WL pictures are making me wish I was there right now, and that it was Christmas! It's SO beautiful there, all decorated for the holidays! Now I want to go back for Christmas and not Food and Wine.
Stop!

No Wait - go for both! You do need a December do-over, right?

Actually - seeing those pictures makes me want to take a short trip next Christmas before my AP expires. It is seriously so tempting. Every time I go at the holidays I love it more.

Quote:
Yum, Artist Point! Everything you guys got looks so good, I love that place! That chocolate dessert looks amazing!
It was a lovely meal and Nick made that chocolate disappear really quickly. Shock - I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Oh no final day coming up....it wasn't even my trip and I am sad. More great pics of the decorations, think Wilderness Lodge looks very nice all dressed up.
I know - final day - but no worries, then I have to go back and do a recap and final thoughts and all that stuff. I tend to drag out my TRs until there is really nothing left to say.

The WL was gorgeous at Christmas. I'm pretty sure it was my first time there during the holidays and it was every bit as lovely as I imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
I love the Disney Tees. I really do need to get to that outlet. Excellent job on those prices and the Tink one is really cute.
Aren't they cute? I wish I could have found a size large for Denny, but they were all gone (well, at least the sale ones. )

That outlet is really hit or miss, but I have hit enough that I also duck in there before I leave the outlets!

The tink one is so cute. I love pink, so I can't wait to wear it in June!

Old 03-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #1525
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
MEK, I love all the t-shirts you bought the kids....very nice. And I love your Tink shirt. I bought me a Tink shirt last year as I was feeling the need for something other than Mickey and Tigger.
Thanks.

Isn't Tink Cool? She is such a girly-girl! I'm excited to wear her!

Quote:
More beautiful pictures of the Osborn Lights. And I enjoyed the photos of your meal at Artist Point. I'm thinking Mark might like that restaurant...maybe for our 30th wedding anniversary in 2013.
Glad you liked the OL pics! They are some of my favs from this trip.

As far as an anniverary meal, all I can say is DO IT! You will not regret it. They showered Denny and I with all sorts of goodies on our anniversary trip. Really a great place to celebrate!

Y
Quote:
ou got some beautiful shots of WL--it really is pretty during the holiday season.
Isn't it? I'm so glad we stopped there to tour and eat, especially since we ended up not staying there.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #1526
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Cute tees! I really like the snow white one . More wonderful wonderful OL pics. Sigh. Hmmn. 2 glasses of wine with dinner? Or was it the wine after the Turtle Crawl? Whatever it was, doesn't sound good.

That cobbler looks DIVINE!

We will definitely visit the territory lounge, I can't even picture it or where it is and I've stayed at WL! Pathetic huh
Old 03-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #1528
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Your Osbourne pics are AMAZING!!! Seriously!! Did you use a tripod? They are crystal clear-

I am so glad you liked the gurgling suitcase, and the bartender- I felt the same way about it when we were there- he was the nicest guy ever! We had bloody marys, tho- you make me want to go back and stay there and have a turtle crawl!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #1529
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Cute tees! I really like the snow white one . More wonderful wonderful OL pics. Sigh. Hmmn. 2 glasses of wine with dinner? Or was it the wine after the Turtle Crawl? Whatever it was, doesn't sound good.
Glad you like the Tees!

LEt's just say that my homemade adult beverage, the Turtle Crawl, the two glasses of wine, and the stupid creamsicle thing (which I didn't even talk about) did not agree with me. But more about that in the next update.

Quote:
That cobbler looks DIVINE!
I am a total sucker for warm cobbler and ice cream. Yum. Best comfort dessert!

Quote:
We will definitely visit the territory lounge, I can't even picture it or where it is and I've stayed at WL! Pathetic huh
It's right outside of the entrance to AP. It's not something you would normally walk by UNLESS you are going to AP or know its there. It did look so cute. I really wanted to sit there for a drink but I had already had enough of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
The Wilderness Lodge looks so pretty decorated for Christmas! I love the lobby - we ate at Whispering Canyon a few years back. Wasn't one of our favorite meals but the resort is so nice!
I''m normally more a fan of the AKL, but at Christmas WL has all the other resorts beat, IMHO!

I hear ya on the Whispering Canyon. I had one of my worst meals ever there. It was years ago but I am still no hurry to go back, except maybe for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Your Osbourne pics are AMAZING!!! Seriously!! Did you use a tripod? They are crystal clear-
Thank you!

I set my shutter speed. I did not use any auto settings. I just got lucky and found the best speed that let the light it but was fast enough so it didn't blur. No tripod. I'm very pleased with how they turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I am so glad you liked the gurgling suitcase, and the bartender- I felt the same way about it when we were there- he was the nicest guy ever! We had bloody marys, tho- you make me want to go back and stay there and have a turtle crawl!
I actually had a girl bartender, but she was also super nice. I seriously could have spent all afternoon there. It was that great.

You sound like me. I want to visit different resorts just so I can try the drinks.

I might have to sneak away from the treehouses and go over there for a drink this summer.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #1530
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

How wonderful you were able to visit WL! Glad your dinner was so good at AP, we have an ADR there May 5th, the night before our cruise-

And, of course, I love that pic of Nick, too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: