Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #1501
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Yay, I'm so glad that your waitlist came through!!! That's one of my least favorite things to do, is hoping for a waitlist to come through. It's like pins and needles.

I love that you're staying at a treehouse villa too for a few days! It's one place I want to stay for sure.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #1502
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Glad that your waitlist came through! Sending you some pixie dust for the others!!!

Wow, that looks like a great drink!

Love your OL pictures! They were so pretty this year. I loved them in LED.

Can't wait to see more!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #1503
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Wow! You scored great deals not only on the clothes but on your hotel room as well! I love a good deal!
Me too!!!! Nothing better than a good deal. Denny got those points when he traveled last year so we might as well use them for a free night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm back....sorry I missed the last update (darn engagement has me all off kilter).
You've been a busy girl, but this such a great time for you. Enjoy it. Don't worry about getting a little behind.

Quote:
I'm so glad you enjoyed the Gurgling Suitcase and your "Turtle Crawl". Mary had one in January and she really liekd it too. I had my favorite Pina Colada, but I think I'll do the Turtle Crawl if we stay at OKW in September.
Oh - its so good! You have to try it. It's like the perfect drink. Really. Great taste and a good amount of alcohol. No sissy drink. Loved it!

Quote:
Your pictures of the Osborne Lights are the best I have ever seen. They made me feel as if I was actually there which is awesome because I've never been there at that time of year.
Thank you. That's such a great compliment! I'm really pleased with the way they turned out. I found a good setting for those pics and ended up with good results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Yay, I'm so glad that your waitlist came through!!! That's one of my least favorite things to do, is hoping for a waitlist to come through. It's like pins and needles.
I really did not think it would come through that quickly. I was thrilled. Such a great feeling.

Now it will be really interesting to see if my waitlist comes through for October. I waitlisted for a sat, sunday, and monday night. I guess I''ll just have to see if someone cancels their BWV or BCV weekend. You never know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love that you're staying at a treehouse villa too for a few days! It's one place I want to stay for sure.
5 nights baby! I know its going to be super cool. Can't wait. It's like the best of both worlds - a treehouse (seclusion) and then the Boardwalk. It's going to be an interesting combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Glad that your waitlist came through! Sending you some pixie dust for the others!!!
I'm very excited about that extra night at the Boardwalk. It's just going to make things so much more logical, shall we say. Now that I added the off site night on the front end all the lodging is figured out. Yeah!

Quote:
Wow, that looks like a great drink!
It was SO good. If you ever get a chance to taste one, please do. You will not regret it!

Quote:
Love your OL pictures! They were so pretty this year. I loved them in LED.

Can't wait to see more!
Thanks! So glad you enjoyed the pictures. I actually do have a few more to post with the next update, which I hope to do tonight!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #1504
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I thought I'd posted on this update but looks like I didn't! GREAT pics...I really really REALLY want to see those lights in person someday!

And that drink sounds (and looks) seriously delish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Thanks! I hope it does to. I'm giving them until the end of the week and then I have to say something. Not sure how that's going to go. Somehow I will end up being the bad guy.
so sorry you are being put in this position, no fun at all. Fingers crossed they get their act together. Will you still go regardless of what they do?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #1505
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I thought I'd posted on this update but looks like I didn't! GREAT pics...I really really REALLY want to see those lights in person someday!
The lights are fantastic. I hope you get a chance to see them during one of your trips. You know you will eventually get there during the Christmas season now that you have those DVC points.

Quote:
And that drink sounds (and looks) seriously delish.
It was REALLY good. I think we need to find a bartender who can make it for us this fall.

Quote:
so sorry you are being put in this position, no fun at all. Fingers crossed they get their act together. Will you still go regardless of what they do?
We are totally going. They only thing we are questioning is whether we need the Treehouse, if they don't go, or who we can get to take their place. I could have gotten some good friends of mine to go ( a couple and their son who is Nick's age), but now its too late because they made other vacation plans. It's silly to have a treehouse for 3 people, but I'm sure we could downgrade to a 1BR at SSR or OKW before the 30 days and bank those points.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #1506
MEK
DIS Veteran

Shopping Spree

Shopping Spree

So Denny and I went to the beach for the day on Sunday. We had a nice day. We shopped at the outlets, I got a new pair of running shoes, a pair of pants that would make Stacy & Clinton proud, some cool new homegoods from Kirklands, and we went out for lunch. Then we drove over to a house that we rented for a week in August to check it out. On the way back we stopped at the Disney store outlet and I got my nephews each a shirt.

For DN 5

For DN 8

For DN 10

For DN 12 (LJ 'memba him?)

For me

She's so cute

I got this shirt in November and put it away for the F&W trip

Perfect for the Halloween party or a haunted carriage ride, don't you think?

So I didn't quite finish posting all my OL pics the other night, so here ya go!

Taken by PP photog

Why is Nick looking SO serious?

Before 7pm we started heading towards the front of the park because it was time for dinner.

Where you ask?

Continued in Next Post.......

Old 03-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #1507
MEK
DIS Veteran

Dinner

Continued from previous post.......

Since tonight was our last night in the world we had another signature dinner planned.

Does this picture give you a hint?

Yup - We decided to visit our other home resort - the Wilderness Lodge. Most of DVC points are at SSR, but last year we added on at the Wilderness Lodge. We were supposed to stay at VWL during this trip but I completely forgot that I was supposed to sing at a memorial service on December 12th, so we had to change our reservation.....and when we did VWL was no longer available. So it was only fitting that we should pay the WL a visit.

This is another one of my favorite pictures of the trip.

While we were waiting for our buzzer to go off I took some other miscellaneous pictures

No flash

flash

Check out the American flag

Totem poll

Cynthia and I are staying at VWL in October and I think we might be making a little visit to the Territory Lounge

It didn't take long for us to be seated at Artist Point. Denny and I ate here on our 2009 anniversary trip and we loved. It seemed fitting that we should return.

I think I ordered a pinot grigio, but I'm not completely sure!

Denny and I had the beet salad, which was delicious

Salt Roasted Heirloom Beets - truffled goat cheese, cider pached pink lady apples, spiced walnuts nd mulled wine vinaigrette $14.00

Nick had the mushroom soup

Smokey Portobello Soup - with Roasted Shiitakes and Chive Oil $9.00

He loved it!

Denny and I had the salmon. He's such a copy cat!

Cedar Plank Roasted Wild King Salmon - (type of salmon changes seasonally) with confit artichokes, petit zucchini, baby carrots, and bacon-egg vinaigrette $38

It was very good. I love salmon and we prepare it a lot at home. This was very yummy!

Nick obviously went the other direction

Grilled Certified Hand-cut Prime Black Angus Beef Tenderloin - with marble potatoes, garden beans, pearl onions and green peppercorn butter $43.00

O - M - G!!!!!!! I took a bite of this and it was really delicious! That beef was so tender and so full of flavor. Granted. I am not a steak connoisseur, but this was really good. I think it was better than the filet I had at Jiko last May. I could be wrong considering I only had a bite!

Such manners!

Nick's dessert

Chocolate Indulgence - Valhrona Chocolate Ganache with Salted Chocolate Ice Cream, Amarena Cherries, and Chocolate "Pop Rocks" $11.00

Denny's dessert

Artist Point Cobbler - Seasonal berries and housemade ice cream $10

I think I had another glass of wine for dinner. Probably wasn't such a great idea, but I'll get to that later. Anyway - I did take a little taste of each dessert and they were both yummy but I was more a fan of the cobbler.

Dinner was very enjoyable. I liked my anniversary dinner a bit more simply because we got more attention, but our waiter was great and the food was delish. A very nice evening.

Time for some more pictures

Continued in next post........

Old 03-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #1508
MEK
DIS Veteran

If my memory serves me correctly, and it might not after that wine, it was pretty cool outside so we didn't spend too much time out of doors.

We stopped in the gift shop and I love this picture of Nick

Love this hat!

Good Bye Wilderness Lodge! See you in October!

cc

Up Next - Our Final Day in the World!

Old 03-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #1509
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Wow - the WL is so pretty at Christmas time! We stopped over there on a Dec trip and just loved it.
You took some great pics - the OL and WL. I like your family shot in front of the tree at WL.
Your food at Artist's Point looked yummy - I think I would have ordered like Nick!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #1510
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

I'm happy for you for taking advantage of the weather and getting to see the beach this past weekend. A bit jealous, too. I wish we had a Disney outlet anywhere near by, but we don't. Then again, even the t-shirts at the Disney store in the mall are a lot cheaper than t-shirts at Disneyworld. Love the Tinkerbell shirt.

VWL looks like its beautiful at Christmas and your dinner at Artist Point looked great.

And all of your Osbourne lights pictures are beautiful. Another someday...we will see Disney at Christmas, but for us that involves braving the actual week after Christmas!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 03-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #1511
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Love the Osbourne Lights pics and cute Tees for your nephews (and yours too) !

Looks like a great Dinner at Artist Point, that place really appeals to me, if I ever did a Signature, I think it might have to be there.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 03-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #1512
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

I am just catching up (way behind!) but have to post that I am excited you are flying out of my airport! but I won't be there. ... we'll be trading places with you and will be driving home the day you are flying down. We should be hitting North Carolina when you land in Orlando. I forgot they had later flights. I think my cousin (Poly1985) is flying out in the morning.

Oh well, its a nice airport, easy to get through. Not a lot of places if you need dinner so eat before you get inside. There are loads of places to eat up the road if Denny's mom doesn't feed you. It is a PA tradition to not let people leave the house unless you have fed them SOMETHING

Nick did a great job taking pictures on the safari. I forgot you were on the Trek with Cynthia - I am looking forward to this, even if Joe does think I am going to feed him to the crocodiles

I just cheated and read the last page (since I am replying) and LOVE how beautiful WLR looks for Christmas. I just love the look and feel of this resort, and am a little sad that Joe won't go back there but then again it gives me an opportunity to explore other resorts.

and OS... oh my! so many lights! Hard to believe that a family had them on their property!

YAY for BWV coming through for you! Now if only your brother would siblings. eh. I hope he gets off the couch and make a decision. Can't believe he is not jumping on it considering how much $$ he will save going with you. You can lead a horse to water, right?

Quote:
May I present......The Turtle Crawl

Ingredients

Turtle Crawl Cocktail
Old Key West Resort

1/2 oz Castillo rum
1/2 oz Bacardi Silver rum
1/2 oz Malibu rum
1/2 oz Myers dark rum
Splash Grenadine
Splash key lime juice
Equal parts orange juice and pineapple juice

- Shake to mix in an ice filled 12 oz cup.
OH MY.... that looks delicious!
Quote:
I didn't take a lot of pictures because the bar was so small, but here is how the entrance above the door is decorated.

This really was a great little bar. But I never told the boys were I was going so I thought I better make an appearance and it was now time to hit the hot tub.

Ok so between the Turtle Crawl Cocktail and all of the patches on the wall, I just showed this to Joe and he's telling me "write that down - we have to go there!".... so how out of the way is OKW? He will totally want to take a patch with him to add to the decorations.

awesome posts MEK! Love your shopping deals. We almost made it to Rehobeth last month, but alas, I needed four new tires on my car. yes, 4 all at once. bye bye weekend get away!

Last edited by Moira222; 03-21-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: caught up!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:06 AM   #1513
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Wow - the WL is so pretty at Christmas time! We stopped over there on a Dec trip and just loved it.
Isn't it gorgeous. I was bummed that I goofed up the dates and didn't realize it until it was too late to get a ressie there. Guess I could have waitlisted, but since VWL is a home resort for us I know we will get a chance to stay there at Christmas another time.

Quote:
You took some great pics - the OL and WL. I like your family shot in front of the tree at WL.
Thanks!

I do love our family pic. I am glad I used the PP photogs to our advantage. I knew we weren't going to order a PP CD. It just seemed silly for the amount of time we were there. But we did end up with several really good pics on my camera courtesy of them!

Quote:
Your food at Artist's Point looked yummy - I think I would have ordered like Nick!
Believe me - if I had known how great that steak was I would have ordered that. I probably would only have been able to eat half of it. It was really delish. I lean more towards fish and seafood, but nothing beats an amazing filet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I'm happy for you for taking advantage of the weather and getting to see the beach this past weekend. A bit jealous, too. I wish we had a Disney outlet anywhere near by, but we don't. Then again, even the t-shirts at the Disney store in the mall are a lot cheaper than t-shirts at Disneyworld. Love the Tinkerbell shirt.
I am very lucky. It's only an hour drive to Rehoboth Beach from my house. We used to own a house down there, but it was a partnership with 4 other couples. Unfortunately, we sold at the height of the real estate market. We made a nice profit, but I really wanted to keep the house. So I stopped visiting the beach for awhile, but realizing that I live so close I am now doing more off season day trips. It's nice to hit the outlets, go out to lunch, and stroll the boardwalk all in one afternoon.

I have scored some good deals at that store. One time I got two nice sized Eeoyre plushes for $4 (total). It's always crowded, so I don't think it will go out of business.

Quote:
VWL looks like its beautiful at Christmas and your dinner at Artist Point looked great.
It was so lovely in there. WL is really perfect for a Christmas stay and eventually I will end up there again during the holiday season!

Quote:
And all of your Osbourne lights pictures are beautiful. Another someday...we will see Disney at Christmas, but for us that involves braving the actual week after Christmas!
So glad you enjoyed the pictures!

I know some people can handle Christmas week, but I don't think I'm one of them. I was definitely aware of the pre Christmas crowds and the sense that more and more people were arriving every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Love the Osbourne Lights pics and cute Tees for your nephews (and yours too) !
Thanks. So glad you like the OL pics!

I am very excited about the T's. I have been wanting to get one of each of my nephews for awhile, but I have been patiently waiting for a sale. So SCORE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Looks like a great Dinner at Artist Point, that place really appeals to me, if I ever did a Signature, I think it might have to be there.
AP is lovely! DH and I went there on our anniversary trip in 09 and let me tell you what - they treated us like royalty. All we did was show up with our anniversary pins. They gave us champagne, light up characters with our dessert, and our own menu. Plus our waitress took our picture and just generally made a big fuss over us. It was wonderful. We sat right near the window which was also lovely. Definitely a fan of AP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I am just catching up (way behind!) but have to post that I am excited you are flying out of my airport! but I won't be there. ... we'll be trading places with you and will be driving home the day you are flying down. We should be hitting North Carolina when you land in Orlando. I forgot they had later flights. I think my cousin (Poly1985) is flying out in the morning.
I forgot that was your airport. I am actually excited to give it a try. I picked the later flight because it was SO much cheaper and the whole purpose of leaving on the 9th was just to get there. The trip really starts on the 10th. I think it will be fun to fly out of a small airport.

Quote:
IOh well, its a nice airport, easy to get through. Not a lot of places if you need dinner so eat before you get inside. There are loads of places to eat up the road if Denny's mom doesn't feed you. It is a PA tradition to not let people leave the house unless you have fed them SOMETHING
I'm sure we will pick up food to eat at Denny's moms before we leave. She is very elderly, so we generally bring her lunch when we visit. Of course, even with a late lunch I know someone who will probably be starving again when we get to Orlando and his name is NICK!

Quote:
INick did a great job taking pictures on the safari. I forgot you were on the Trek with Cynthia - I am looking forward to this, even if Joe does think I am going to feed him to the crocodiles
I am so pleased with Nick's pics. They turned out great.

You are going to love the safari. It is a really cool experience. I think Joe should be more afraid of the hippos. Wait until you see how wide they can open their mouths.

Quote:
I just cheated and read the last page (since I am replying) and LOVE how beautiful WLR looks for Christmas. I just love the look and feel of this resort, and am a little sad that Joe won't go back there but then again it gives me an opportunity to explore other resorts.
Did you guys have a bad experience there?

I stayed there in May a couple years ago and I don't love the theme for a spring/summer stay. But for the fall and Christmas I think its great. I am a little sad we didn't get to stay there this Christmas, but I'll eventually make it back there for the decorations.

Quote:
Iand OS... oh my! so many lights! Hard to believe that a family had them on their property!
Makes me wonder how many new lights Disney added, although the original concept of all those lights is pretty amazing. What a feat. I'm sure Disney has it down to a science now.

Quote:
IYAY for BWV coming through for you! Now if only your brother would siblings. eh. I hope he gets off the couch and make a decision. Can't believe he is not jumping on it considering how much $$ he will save going with you. You can lead a horse to water, right?
I am super excited about the Boardwalk!

Yeah - I am a little (well, maybe more) dismayed about my brother's inability to make a decision. I know my SIL wants to go and says she is going without him, but she keeps waiting for him to decide. Meanwhile transportation is probably getting more and more expensive and if he hasn't decided yet. I have to give them a deadline.

Quote:
IOH MY.... that looks delicious!
Ok so between the Turtle Crawl Cocktail and all of the patches on the wall, I just showed this to Joe and he's telling me "write that down - we have to go there!".... so how out of the way is OKW? He will totally want to take a patch with him to add to the decorations.
Driving to OKW is about the same distance as driving to DTD from anywhere on property. It's very easy to find. It's right next to SSR and right off one of the main roads. If you go there just go through the main entrance and park at the Hospitality House. There is a general parking lot there. Then head on over to the gurgling suitcase. It really is a cute little bar.

Quote:
Iawesome posts MEK! Love your shopping deals. We almost made it to Rehobeth last month, but alas, I needed four new tires on my car. yes, 4 all at once. bye bye weekend get away!
Ugh - I am probably going to need new tires soon, too.

I was quite pleased with my trip to the Disney outlet. And I seriously did not look through the entire store like I normally did since it was our last outlet stop and Denny was in the car waiting.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #1514
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Almost at the final day already? Wow. Can't wait for the next one! Lol!
Love the pictures around Wilderness Lodge and in Artist Point. Looks like a gorgeous place!
And of course, I took my time over the Osbourne lights again
Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #1515
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of Stacy and Clinton when shopping!! I love all the shirts you got! Very cute!

The WL lobby is so pretty, I didn't realize how majestic it really is until I was actually standing in it! Your dinner at Artist Point looks great!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: