Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #1486
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Oh my. Oh my my my. I really honestly did tear up at the Osbourne Lights pictures. Oh MEK why would you do this to me?
The pictures are fantastic and gorgeous.

Congratulations on the BWV coming through for you!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #1487
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Now we have 5 nights at SSR treehouse villa and 4 nights in a studio (standard view) at the BWV!
Great trip planned. I am waiting for the 60 day window to use those points in holding that I have from canceling our HHI trip. There is nothing available right now where we are staying (VWL) but there are 2brs at SSR-treehouse and BLT. I'm torn between the two.

Quote:
The one problem that is still not solved is my Brother & SIL. SIL swears she is going, but brother can't seem to commit. So SIL has made no travel reservations.
Uhhhh...I can be adopted you know. I'll be your brother and DW will be your SIL!

Quote:
It didn't take long for my home made adult beverage to disappear so I decided to disappear from the boys and go visit the Gurgling Suitcase. I had heard that visiting the GS was a must while staying at OKW. OMG - what a cute little bar.

So I bellied up to the bar and the nicest bartender ever asked me what I would like. I replied, "what do you recommend?" And that request resulted in this little beauty...........

May I present......The Turtle Crawl

Sighhhhh...a TC from the GS...can't get much better than that! Hope you enjoyed OKW. It is so different from the other DVC resorts.

Your Osborne Lights pics are fantastic! Too many times they are a blur.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #1488
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Oh my. Oh my my my. I really honestly did tear up at the Osbourne Lights pictures. Oh MEK why would you do this to me?
I'm sorry. Is this going to make your decision between November and January harder? I know you love Christmas!

Quote:
The pictures are fantastic and gorgeous.
Thank you! Again - coming from you that is a huge compliment. I'm so glad I am learning how to use my camera the right way! But I still have a long way to go!

Quote:
Congratulations on the BWV coming through for you!
So excited about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Great trip planned. I am waiting for the 60 day window to use those points in holding that I have from canceling our HHI trip. There is nothing available right now where we are staying (VWL) but there are 2brs at SSR-treehouse and BLT. I'm torn between the two.
Hmmmm - that's a hard decision. Both places are so completely different, but great that you have both of them to choose from.

I am excited for the June trip. I said I would never go again in June after how how it was in 09, but I guess time faded my memory (some).

Quote:
Uhhhh...I can be adopted you know. I'll be your brother and DW will be your SIL!
I wouldn't mind having adopted brother that loves Disney world as much as I do!

Quote:
Sighhhhh...a TC from the GS...can't get much better than that! Hope you enjoyed OKW. It is so different from the other DVC resorts.
You were SO right about that awesome little bar.

We really enjoyed OKW because it was different from the other DVC resorts. I could tell that a lot of people who were there didn't have a lot of interest in the parks. They were just there for the relaxation. And I just got this vibe that there were a lot of "original DVCers" there. They were there because they wanted to be, not because they booked late. I liked that.

Quote:
Your Osborne Lights pics are fantastic! Too many times they are a blur.
I must have had my shutter speed set perfectly. I'm so happy with how they turned out!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #1490
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I your OL pictures! Thanks for posting them!
Thanks Amy! I have a few more that I am going to post with the next update! Had so much fun taking those pics!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #1491
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great News!!!!!!

Woo Hoo! I got some good news today! No one in my non-DIS life would care that much, but I think you guys will be excited that my wait list for The BWV for June 18th already came through!
Congrats! That's awesome.

Quote:
Don't you wonder how they get all of these Disney-related license plates?

Did you notice the New Castle County Delaware police patch? How cool is that?

Thanks for the Osborne Lights pictures. That's another thing we've never seen yet; I'm not sure when we'll get to go at that time of year.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #1492
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

I meant to post this hours ago. Officially all caught up.

Quote:
Great News!!!!!!

Woo Hoo! I got some good news today! No one in my non-DIS life would care that much, but I think you guys will be excited that my wait list for The BWV for June 18th already came through!

Quote:

May I present......The Turtle Crawl

Ingredients

Turtle Crawl Cocktail
Old Key West Resort

1/2 oz Castillo rum
1/2 oz Bacardi Silver rum
1/2 oz Malibu rum
1/2 oz Myers dark rum
Splash Grenadine
Splash key lime juice
Equal parts orange juice and pineapple juice

- Shake to mix in an ice filled 12 oz cup.

OMG - this drink was heaven in a cup! I loved it! I have to say that it was probably my favorite Disney drink of the trip! Yum - my!

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I think I just had a moment.

Quote:

I love this next pic

LOVE LOVE the atmosphere on the street during the Osborne lights.

The last hour the park is open is great - no crowds, CM dancing fun fun time.

Quote:
Tell me about it! I know everyone who is a DISer can totally understand the importance of preplanning, but mere mortals can not!

I can't believe the waitlist came through in like 2 weeks! Woo Hoo! I never thought it would happen that quick. I am so happy we don't have to move for that last night!
UGH I hope all this works out for you.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 03-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #1493
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Thanks for the Osborne Lights pictures. That's another thing we've never seen yet; I'm not sure when we'll get to go at that time of year.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 03-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #1494
thecapells
Disney Dad

Great pics!
We just tried the Osborne Lights this past November.
It was AWESOME!!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #1495
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats! That's awesome.
Totally excited to have a 4th night there! 4 nights on the boardwalk is going to be sooooooo great!

Quote:
Don't you wonder how they get all of these Disney-related license plates?
I do. I wonder if people turn their old ones in. They have some great ones up there. Makes me want one!

Quote:
Did you notice the New Castle County Delaware police patch? How cool is that?
I did. I have been wanting to get a patch from the Smyrna Delaware citizens hose fire company to take to the fire station. I could possibly just bring it to OKW. I love that they do that!

Quote:
That's a tough time to travel because of school. I was a little hesitant to take Nick out of school, but since he is such a good student it all worked out fine. That would definitely not work for every kid and it would be even worse if you had to worry about more than one kid. And then to go to during Christmas week - Nope - I'm just not that brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I meant to post this hours ago. Officially all caught up.
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I'm so excited about getting BWV for the last night. Heck - I am excited to stay there period! I think its going to be great! Hope I get a nice view of Epcot!

Quote:
OH. MY. GOODNESS. I think I just had a moment.
That drink was so so awesome! It is a "must drink" if you are ever there.

Quote:
LOVE LOVE the atmosphere on the street during the Osborne lights.

The last hour the park is open is great - no crowds, CM dancing fun fun time.
Surprisingly it was not THAT crowded. AT least I didn't feel that way. Maybe I was just too into taking pictures and that tends to give me tunnel vision. I bet it is wonderful right before park close. That is a park I would like to leave after close. I've left Epcot and MK later, but never HS.

Quote:
UGH I hope all this works out for you.
Thanks! I hope it does to. I'm giving them until the end of the week and then I have to say something. Not sure how that's going to go. Somehow I will end up being the bad guy.

Quote:
Maybe Glen and Judy will get an adult trip some year after all the kids are out of the house. It can be a tough time of the year to travel.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #1496
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Okay. I'm going to be at OKW this fall and I will have to try that drink! Lots of different rums, Oh my! Was it strong?

My neighbor was over at OKW during January and took a picture of one of those license plates - something like Dizneynut - and sent it to me. She knows of my obsession quite well.

So happy for you that the wait list came through. We've been contemplating changing our AKV - Jambo stay in October, but there's not much available for the Epcot area (b/c of food and wine I'm sure) within our point range. I'm perfectly happy at AKV though.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #1497
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Great pics!
We just tried the Osborne Lights this past November.
It was AWESOME!!!!
Thank you and YES - weren't they awesome???? I am so happy Nick steered us to that park. It wouldn't have been the same trip without seeing those lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Okay. I'm going to be at OKW this fall and I will have to try that drink! Lots of different rums, Oh my! Was it strong?
First - Welcome Back!!!!!!!!

To answer your question - It did not taste strong and I'm not sure if it was strong because I had already had one adult beverage prior to ordering it. So the long answer is - Yes - I was pretty tipsy after my two adults beverages. But it wore off quick! Definitely something you should try because it was SO yummy!

Quote:
My neighbor was over at OKW during January and took a picture of one of those license plates - something like Dizneynut - and sent it to me. She knows of my obsession quite well.

Those license plates were so cool. That whole cute little bar was so cool. You must take a quick stop in there when the rest of your family is in the pool. You can just say you need to use the lady's room and sneak off. They'll never miss you. Mine didn't.

Quote:
So happy for you that the wait list came through. We've been contemplating changing our AKV - Jambo stay in October, but there's not much available for the Epcot area (b/c of food and wine I'm sure) within our point range. I'm perfectly happy at AKV though.
I'm thrilled about my waitlist coming through. I am really looking forward to staying at the Boardwalk. It's been on my bucket list for awhile.

There's nothing available for our dates either. Cynthia and I have decided to waitlist the last 3 nights at BWV and BCV, but if neither comes through we are pretty settled with VWL. We want to do the haunted carriage ride and eat at AP and have breakfast at the Wave, so it sounds like a good location for all that.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #1498
MEK
DIS Veteran

A Couple Trip Updates

I have a couple new things to report re: My June & October Trips.

First of All - I waitlisted today for the BCV & BWV for the last three nights of our F&W stay -October 20th - 23rd. The first three nights will remain at the VWL. Keep your fingers crossed and we'll see if my luck in waitlisting continues!

Regarding the June trip:

I actually hit the Disney outlet at Rehobeth Beach on Sunday and picked up some great (and inexpensive T's). I'm not really a T-shirt person, but I got two really cute T's for $6 each. I will post pictures with my next update. I also got a T for each of my 4 nephews. I got the oldest boys a Size Small Mens ($6 each) and the two younger boys T's that were only $3. I found out they have a Disney Visa discount if you spend over $50, which I did not.

I also made my first rental car reservation. I say first because I usually always make two or three and then go with the cheapest. Budget has a great code out right now and you can get a small SUV for 1 week for about $208. That's an awesome deal. Of course, since I am staying an extra 3 nights the rate bumps up to $311. Still the best rate going around right now.

Lastly, I booked our first night off site stay here

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...o_Florida.html

The Radisson Hotel Orlando on I-Drive. I booked it with Denny's Club Carlson points, so other than a $10 resort fee, - it's free! We seriously won't even get there until after 9pm, so it just didn't make sense to book a Disney resort. Let's see - free versus $140 value room at Disney. Hmmmmmmm - let me think about that!

This room also says it has occupancy for 5 (in case two of my nephews do actually fly with us).

Don't remember reading anything about continental breakfast, but that's OK because I plan to have everyone up nice and early and over to SSR.

So, I'm hoping to do an update later night. See you then!

Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #1499
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Wow! You scored great deals not only on the clothes but on your hotel room as well! I love a good deal!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #1500
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm back....sorry I missed the last update (darn engagement has me all off kilter).

I'm so glad you enjoyed the Gurgling Suitcase and your "Turtle Crawl". Mary had one in January and she really liekd it too. I had my favorite Pina Colada, but I think I'll do the Turtle Crawl if we stay at OKW in September.

Your pictures of the Osborne Lights are the best I have ever seen. They made me feel as if I was actually there which is awesome because I've never been there at that time of year.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: