Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
crystalgzz
Earning My Ears

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party experiences

Hello, I'm new to the website and it's also my first time going to Disneyland during Halloween Time. I just wanted to know how was your experience? Was the crowd too much? How much candy did cast members give you? Etc.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
ssuriano
DLR Cast Member

I don't have personal experience, but the Disneyland Podcast Team did a segment on it, hopefully that show will be up soon.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
jsilvers
DIS Veteran

Are you actually going to Disneyland or to Walt Disney World? Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is the one in Florida.
Walt Disney World – 5/02 (CBR), 12/03 (CSR), 9/04 (WL), 9/05 (WL), 2/06 (CR), 8/06 (CSR), 10/06 (POR), 1/07 (WL), 10/07 (Poly), 1/08 (POFQ), 5/08 (WL), 10/08 (WL), 1/09 (WL), 5/09 (BC), 7/09 (WL), 10/09 (WL), 1/10 (WL), 4/10 (Pop), 5/11 (WL), 8/11 (CR), 12/11 (CR), 4/12 (YC), 1/13 (Poly), 3/13 (Pop), 5/13 (BWV), 9/13 (WL), 12/13 (Poly), 8/14 (CR), 10/14 (YC), 12/14 (WL)
Tokyo Disney Resort – 6/07, 8/07, 11/07, 3/08, 7/08, 10/08, 6/09, 10/09, 12/09, 1/10, 4/10, 11/12 (Ambassador), 11/14 (Ambassador)
Disney Cruise Line – 10/07 (Wonder-PC to Nassau/CC), 8/12 (Magic-NY to Nowhere)
Disneyland – 3/05, 10/11 (GC), 10/13 (GC/ABD-Backstage Magic)
jsilvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
dznycastle
Earning My Ears

We went to the "sold out" party on Friday at Disneyland. We got there a little after 7pm and we didn't have to wait to get in. We got our wristbands and our small treat bags and entered Main Street. It was not bad at all. I expected shoulder to shoulder people. There was plenty of things to do so there wasn't much crowding, except for the parade and the fireworks. Cast members gave each guest a handful of candy. I found the guests were friendlier with each other and the atmosphere was very festive. You could hear music everywhere. Rivers of America was scary with fog. We filled our treat bags and had fun! This is our 3rd year going and this time there weren't as many adults wearing costumes. Oh, well! We did wear costumes. I recommend going to anyone.
dznycastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
godalejunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznycastle View Post
We went to the "sold out" party on Friday at Disneyland. We got there a little after 7pm and we didn't have to wait to get in. We got our wristbands and our small treat bags and entered Main Street. It was not bad at all. I expected shoulder to shoulder people. There was plenty of things to do so there wasn't much crowding, except for the parade and the fireworks. Cast members gave each guest a handful of candy. I found the guests were friendlier with each other and the atmosphere was very festive. You could hear music everywhere. Rivers of America was scary with fog. We filled our treat bags and had fun! This is our 3rd year going and this time there weren't as many adults wearing costumes. Oh, well! We did wear costumes. I recommend going to anyone.
Different experience than we had...however we did enjoy it but will not do it again. I posted a thread this morning.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
crystalgzz
Earning My Ears

I am going to Disneyland
Old 10-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #7
MickeyMouseClub
Earning My Ears

We went on Monday night, we were all dressed up. We found that the lines for the treat trails were not longer than a 5-8 minute wait and you hit two or three candy stations on each trail. It was very festive. They gave you wrist bands and treat bags, but we brought our own pillowcase style bags from Target. We got there at about 6:30pm and had no entry line - but we had been in the park until 3pm then went back to the hotel to rest and change into costumes. Everyone was very nice and everyone talked about costumes with each other. There were a lot of women dressed up as princesses and you had no clue they weren't the real Disney Cast members except by asking. lol. We firework show was AMAZING!! We left right after fireworks with our bags 1/2 - 3/4 full (they are big bags). We focused on trick-or-treating and riding a few rides. By the time the fireworks were over we were all tired and went back to the hotel.. which we noticed a lot of people leaving at that time so I would imagine as an adult the last hour was great if fewer children and shorter lines.

These are the bags we had
http://www.target.com/p/Disney-Pillo...s/-/A-13562192
MickeyMouseClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #8
Disneyland 1951
Mouseketeer

Meeting Perry.________________ Dancing Donald in Frontierland

Dancing at Tomorrowland Terrace
Disneyland 1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
GFam1sttimers
Earning My Ears

Focused on Trick or Treating

Mickey's Halloween Party on 09/30 was the end to our 4 day trip to Disneyland. Because we had already been on all the rides we wanted to go on, and seen most of the characters we focused on trick or treating. The candy lines moved super fast...don't let the seemingly long line fool you, we never spent more than 5 minutes in line at each station even when the line seemed to wrap around a couple of times. Between my 3 girls we collected about 16 lbs of candy...we had to empty the small bags they gave us into a bigger bag half way through and then filled them up to the top again! Agreed that the atmosphere was very festive and fun and the fireworks AMAZING! The lines for rides seemed very long compared to the other days we had been there and with no fast passes we didn't even try to get on any rides during the party. A Cast member told me that usually the rides lines are way shorter during the party, but this just didn't seem to be the case on this particular night. I would go again if we had the chance.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #10
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by godalejunior View Post
Different experience than we had...however we did enjoy it but will not do it again. I posted a thread this morning.
I couldn't find your thread. Link?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
AZBeth
Mouseketeer

Target bags

I love these bags... I think I will go by Target today to pick up a couple.

Thanks for posting!

Beth
Old 10-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #12
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
I couldn't find your thread. Link?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2810916
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #13
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Thanks! and doh..I had read it...poor feeble memory or mine forgot.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #14
tiffjoy
DIS Veteran

We went last Friday as the end of our four day DL trip and had a blast. This was our first time.

We booked our trip without knowing about the party, then decided to go but really wondered if we'd like it. My DH was especially skeptical. We had a wonderful time! DD2 just loved it!! She was dressed as Minnie and had so much fun meeting the characters. We did some trick or treating, some rides, the late parade and the fireworks. DD had taken a 4 hour nap, so she went until midnight, which really surprised us. But she was pleasant and happy and having a blast, so we kept going.

The lines for lots of rides were quite long, as were the lines to meet the characters. We waited 45 min to meet Mickey and Minnie. My DD had met them several times already on this trip, but not together and not in costume. She wanted to wait and was a real trooper- no fussing at all.

It was crowded, but only in certain areas. It certainly wasn't the worst I've ever seen it.

Our single annoyance was getting into the parks. It was madness! We waited forever at the first gate, then had to wait again to get our bracelets, then had to wait again for a bag. They had a parade going on when we went in, and all the people showing up for the party were really stuck because of the parade. People were quite rude- pushing and shoving. My DH put my DD up on his shoulders as we were quite worried about the crush of people, and no one seemed to care about her in the stroller- people were pushing past us as if we weren't even there and one person almost fell into the stroller! That was our only experience with rudeness, however, and the remainder of the night was pleasant.

I would go again if those dates work out again for us, but I wouldn't plan a special trip around it. We did have a good time, though- better than I anticipated.
tiffjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
candy, disneyland, experience, halloween

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: