Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran
 
srauchbauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,325

Sat or Sunday

We are planning on going to Seaworld during the weekend of Oct 22 or 23 (Sat or Sun). Trying to decide which day would be better - less crowded we do want to par take in the Halloween festivities.

tia
__________________
Disneyland 2006, 2009, 2010,2012
Disney World 2011 2x, 2012, 2013
Disney Cruise 2012 (Wonder, Fantasy), 2013 (Wonder), 2014 (Magic)
srauchbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
KBF
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 982

Quote:
Originally Posted by srauchbauer View Post
We are planning on going to Seaworld during the weekend of Oct 22 or 23 (Sat or Sun). Trying to decide which day would be better - less crowded we do want to par take in the Halloween festivities.

tia
Sunday is always less crowded than Saturday. Go at park opening. Most locals don't get there for the Halloween activities until around noon. The Halloween events actually don't start until Noon anyway. But getting there early will allow you to see rides, shows and exhibits fairly easy before the large crowds come.

Seaworld does offer a 2nd day free. You could do shows and exhibits on Saturday and spend Sunday doing just Halloween activities. But if you only have 1 day, then Sunday is the day to go.
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran
 
srauchbauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
Sunday is always less crowded than Saturday. Go at park opening. Most locals don't get there for the Halloween activities until around noon. The Halloween events actually don't start until Noon anyway. But getting there early will allow you to see rides, shows and exhibits fairly easy before the large crowds come.

Seaworld does offer a 2nd day free. You could do shows and exhibits on Saturday and spend Sunday doing just Halloween activities. But if you only have 1 day, then Sunday is the day to go.
thank you for the reply - we have decided on Saturday getting there as early as possible with taking public transportation. If we don't get back for the Halloween stuff so be it (will make the most out of the animals). Planning on going back Wednesday if needed to finish seeing everything. Both kids are just so excited to be going to SW that they said they didn't care about the other stuff.
__________________
Disneyland 2006, 2009, 2010,2012
Disney World 2011 2x, 2012, 2013
Disney Cruise 2012 (Wonder, Fantasy), 2013 (Wonder), 2014 (Magic)
srauchbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran
 
srauchbauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,325

here is what i have planned for the day does this look okay:

One Ocean 11:30
Trick or Treat 12:00
Blue Horizon 2:00
Countdown to Halloween 5:00
Shamu Rocks 7:15
__________________
Disneyland 2006, 2009, 2010,2012
Disney World 2011 2x, 2012, 2013
Disney Cruise 2012 (Wonder, Fantasy), 2013 (Wonder), 2014 (Magic)
srauchbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
KBF
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 982

Quote:
Originally Posted by srauchbauer View Post
thank you for the reply - we have decided on Saturday getting there as early as possible with taking public transportation. If we don't get back for the Halloween stuff so be it (will make the most out of the animals). Planning on going back Wednesday if needed to finish seeing everything. Both kids are just so excited to be going to SW that they said they didn't care about the other stuff.
Cool! Have fun!

Quote:
here is what i have planned for the day does this look okay:

One Ocean 11:30
Trick or Treat 12:00
Blue Horizon 2:00
Countdown to Halloween 5:00
Shamu Rocks 7:15
That sounds like a perfect plan. The first Shamu show is always less crowded than the others. Plus, the Trick or Treating Pathway begins right behind the Shamu stadium. So getting there is very simple. The Trick or Treat pathway ends near the front of the park, so it's an easy walk to Blue Horizons. And then another easy walk to Countdown to Halloween and then its another easy walk across the bridge back to Shamu stadium for Shamu Rocks. Great planning!
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
Cool! Have fun!



That sounds like a perfect plan. The first Shamu show is always less crowded than the others. Plus, the Trick or Treating Pathway begins right behind the Shamu stadium. So getting there is very simple. The Trick or Treat pathway ends near the front of the park, so it's an easy walk to Blue Horizons. And then another easy walk to Countdown to Halloween and then its another easy walk across the bridge back to Shamu stadium for Shamu Rocks. Great planning!
Actually this year they want you to start TOT at the front-that is where they give out the bags. We tried to start near Wild Artic(end of the path) and we had to "swim upstream" to the front to get a bag and then backtrack.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #7
KBF
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 982

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
Actually this year they want you to start TOT at the front-that is where they give out the bags. We tried to start near Wild Artic(end of the path) and we had to "swim upstream" to the front to get a bag and then backtrack.
I was there last week an they were giving out bags and maps at a station located by the games area. Either way works IMO.
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:06 AM   #8
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
I was there last week an they were giving out bags and maps at a station located by the games area. Either way works IMO.
Yeah, we were there Sat and got "fussed" at for trying to start there.

We were directed back to the front.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
KBF
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 982

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
Yeah, we were there Sat and got "fussed" at for trying to start there.

We were directed back to the front.
lol! Well I guess it depends who's working that day.
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #10
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
lol! Well I guess it depends who's working that day.
I may be a rebel next time and bring my own bag, so I can start where I want LOL
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #11
CameronCanDo
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12

Just got back from seaworld and the Halloween stuff is super fun. But I miss the Believe show. One ocean is fun but no where near as good as Believe.
CameronCanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.