Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #361
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

hello? hope your Christmas was Merry
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #362
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Cool, thanks so much for watching & posting the pics!
You bet! We really enjoy watching especially when we "know" someone onboard! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I have been reading your TR over the past few days, but still only about half way there (at the part of the zipline right now). But I want to tell you it is awesome and I am so glad you are writing it. We are thinking of trying another cruiseline this spring, and this gives me a lot of info. Thanks so much.
And you have a wonderful, fun family!
Thanks so much for reading and for youe compliments! So glad you are enjoying the report and hope you find it helpful in your planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotjestar View Post
Hi! I just read your TR and I am really enjoying it.
You have really nice writing style! Can't wait for more!
Thanks so much for reading! Glad you are enjoying it! I will have more for you to read very, very soon (like hopefully this afternoon!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Oh, Vintages looks and sounds wonderful! I completely understand why you so wanted to go there. Thanks for covering those spots you didn't get a chance to visit.
You're welcome, I do wish we had time to relax at Vintages. It was truly a lovely atmosphere! But I do have some wonderful experiences we did have still to share! Woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Wow I'd love to visit Vintages! I know absolutely nothing about wine but would love to learn more about it and that place sounds great!

Me too! And I really liked how their ordering system really seemed tailored to wine novices like us- I always feel overwhelmed byt he wine choices and not knowing much I would have no idea what to order,,,so we don't. I felt I could have learned a bit there too. Oh well....next time!!!

Quote:
Thank you so much for sharing information regarding the other restaurants even if you didn't have time to experience them for yourselves. Like you said, next time!
LOL, yup! I really felt they warranted a mention since IMO the things I did take the time to spotlight are huge features of Allure we just didn't get to experience and I think anyone considering a cruise aboard Oasis/Allure -or just wanting to read more should absolutely be included here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmGooD View Post
What a great report. I have been reading it secretly for awhile and it is great. I must admit though that I would be very overwhelmed going on this ship. Seems like too much to think about haha! I am already overwhelmed planning for our first cruise on the Wonder in March.
Thanks so much for reading! So glad you are enjoying it! I absolutely agree that Allure would be overwhelming for a new cruiser!! There are so many cruising basics to learn in the beginning alone- nevermind the specifics of cruising on such a huge ship with so many features.

However I believe no cruisers are more equipped and prepared to sail on these ships than Disney Cruisers/Disers. The type of research and planning that in the past has been pretty unique to DCL is what it takes to plan a great cruise on Allure - or Oasis- which is just another reason I felt many here may be interested int his TR!

Enjoy planning for the Wonder- our first cruise was on her too and we are absolutely hooked on cruising!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribear View Post
Just found your report and I have enjoyed reading about your trip! My family and I were on the Oasis of the Seas last November (2010) and had an incredible time. Wish we could afford to go again right now!!!! My kids keep talking about the carousel, ice skating and Adventure Ocean...and can't wait until we have an opportunity to sail Allure or Oasis again!!

We had an oceanview balcony on Deck 8 which was a wonderful location! We walked through Central Park several times a day and would book this location again.
Thanks so much for reading! Glad you had such an awesome time on Oasis! I'm looking forward to our next cruise on either her or Allure in 2013! I totally agree that Deck 8 would be an amazing location. I can't say enough about how much we loved Central Park!

I have more from this amazing cruise going up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DundasDad View Post
miss your updates ... hope you're getting everything together nicely to have a great Christmas!

LOL, I know I have really left ya'll hanging. I realized I had really let it slide when I let my Photobucket Pro lapse yesterday and immediately was over my bandwidth. So I guess there is still an interest! Haha!

So I have a couple spare hours this afternoon and I hope to get the next bit up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
hello? hope your Christmas was Merry
Hi Tammie! Yes it was awesome! Hope you and Jim and the family had a terrific Christmas too! I admit I'm glad it's over, it was craziness at the end there. We have a lot to do this weekend, taking the tree down and putting the decorations away. Not looking forward to that, so I'll escape back into this TR for a bit! LOL!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #363
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

To Infinity..and Beyond!

We still had some time before we needed to pick the kids up from the club, so we decided to head back to the room and change to go for a soak in one of the hot tubs. On our way to the room, as we passed AO, we encountered a curious procession of kids out and about on a field trip. It was so adorable- and Look! There’s Sarah!

We would find out later they were on a “Space Walk” looking for “Fuzz Buzz" (hmmm....remind anyone of Buzz Lightyear?)- who they didn’t find. But they did find 18 Aliens! Who knew? Allure of the Seas…featuring cruisers and staff from 83 different nations and at least 2 galaxies!

How cute are they? Here is a video of them heading into the elevator:

Both rooms had these particularly large nosed bats to greet us this evening. Sarah named ours “FiFi”

Chocolates on the pillows at night, a nice touch!(If only they had Sleepy on them....lol)

Since our room was not a triple, we had Anthony just make the couch up into a bed (this couch was not a sofa bed, nor did we have a Pullman). It worked well enough, although Sarah did have trouble staying on it. Sometimes we’d find her in some contortionist positions over there. But she didn’t complain!

We went to the Solarium and soaked for a little while, or until I no longer felt like I was going to throw up from being over-stuffed!
Then on the way back to the room, we stopped and picked up the kids. Here they show off their Space Goo!

We had brought the remainder of our desserts back to the room with us and Sarah totally appreciated the mousse.

King Julien was down in the boardwalk so Ron took the kids down there for photos while I collapsed into bed.

The Boardwalk=gorgeous at night!

A little bit of fun!

How in the world they were still going, I’ll never know! We had pre-booked tonight’s CHICAGO performance for 10:30 in case we felt like going. No way was that happening, so a couple of lucky standby folks got to enjoy it on our behalf instead. I’m not really sure the show was our cup of tea anyway; we wanted to see it basically just because it is the ship’s signature show. ..But like a few other things, it will have to wait until next time!

Up next: Feed me, if you dare!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #365
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

The kids look like they are having a blast! How cool that you ran into Sarah's group on their field trip! (Oh, and I spotted Minnie on Sarah's "bed"!)
Old 12-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #366
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi! Welcome Back!

Looks like the kid's club was having a great space walk! What cuties!

It sounds like your kids had a great time at the Oceaneer's club? Fun character interaction. Not sure what to think about that towel bat!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #367
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Pic of Sara eating the fancy mousse out of the fancy glass is adorable!
Old 12-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #368
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Sarah was having so much fun on that space walk that she didn't even notice we were standing right by her taking pictures.

The Kid's clubs on this ship seemed to be a big hit with our kids. Savannah was the only one who really spent time in the Kid's club on our 2010 Halloween Magic cruise and she was not to thrilled to be there, but we couldn't get her out of the club on the Allure. So Savannah's vote for Kid's Club goes to the Allure!

Ron
Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #369
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile WE INTERRUPT THIS BLOG 4 A SPECIAL ANNOUNCMENt......

hhhhmmmmm......no "Mon-kee" kissin on my upcomin adventure
-see below trip report ...in my signature .....and follow along if ya want -

(or will there be??)

But
b 4 I go, any suggestions on what

hmmmmm

how I say.......

what adult beverages I should try???

(I am relying on your expertise here since you have been on this adventure while yours truely havent yet)

meaning:
I tried my very first Miata (did I spell that right) while in Maui last month....

also I tried my very first Mango 'rita.....

and bananna /macadamia nut pancakes in Oahu.....

so any food recommendations as well??

I appreciate any suggestions -

Been real......

ok....we now return you to your regular scheduled programming.

THANK YOU .....and yes.....all of ye can chime in if ya want.

T.T.F.N.
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; DEC 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040

Last edited by knewton64; 01-01-2012 at 10:58 PM.
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #370
sperkins921
Why's the Rum always gone???

Hello?? *echoes*
Anyone home?? *echoes*

Hoping everything is okay and that we'll continue to hear more about this great trip!

You guys say it's all about the mouse, I say it's all about the toy spaceman
sperkins921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #371
Disney Family Lee's
Mouseketeer

Just found this thread and have been reading for the last 2 days. WOW!!
What a ship!! We have just got off our first cruise on the Disney Dream in December for 4 nights and seen this boat at Nassau. We could not believe the size of the Allure!! We had a great time on the Disney Dream and could not see and do everything we wanted on this cruise. We would be lost on a boat that size and would not know what to do first. When I seen the Allure I was thinking a cruise on a boat that size would cost to much but it sounds like it may be cheaper than booking a cruise on the Fantasy?
We have alot to think about now thanks for this thread.
I can't wait until you post more about your trip!!

We have friends going on the same Fantasy cruise your going on.

DD-13 ME DW

Last edited by Disney Family Lee's; 01-09-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Disney Family Lee's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #372
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Holy Catch Up batman.. I dont mean the kind I put on a burger.. wow I have been so busy I have missed so much.. But iM back.. and as I was reading E kept looking over my shoulders going, we NEED to get on that boat.. ya think!

I like you are so glad the holidays are over. I think when we do so much for the darn holidays its hard to enjoy them. Now I can get back to business. Work, gym and trip reports! Maybe not in that order LOL
Old 01-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #373
SanDeeKath
San Diego Sunshine

Thank you for this awesome thread! We booked a B2B on the Allure for Spring Break 2013! It's going to be soooooo awesome. 1 week without the kids (just DH and I) and then 1 week with the kids!!! We just cannot wait.

450 days to go!

SanDeeKath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:56 AM   #374
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Loving the trip report! However, I am super confused about the drink situation. Where can you get free soda? Do you have to buy a card or something? I drink a ton of diet coke, like whenever I am eating. No drink stations like Disney, where do I go for my fix?

And...if you look at your photos of Ritas and central park, are those stateroom right above there? So you could have a veranda that faces the inside of the ship? Are those way cheaper?

Thanks! Keep the report coming!
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #375
DundasDad
Mouseketeer

ok, I leave on my DIS Eastern Cruise in 60 days and can't wait for your updates! I bet you are doing this on purpose to drive me batty ...
Port Orleans Riverside March 2009
Kissimmee Condo (Grumpy's Villa) March 2010
Western Magic March 2011
Eastern Magic & Port Orleans Riverside March 2012
Double Dip on the Dream July 2015

DundasDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allure, cruise, rccl, rci, shrek

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: