Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #331
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

WOW! Samba looked mouth-watering! I'd pay $25 to dine there, nevermind the $12.50 you paid!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #332
DundasDad
Mouseketeer

Mmmmmmeat!

Way to go! I just short circuited my laptop from my droooooooool ...

Port Orleans Riverside March 2009
Kissimmee Condo (Grumpy's Villa) March 2010
Western Magic March 2011
Eastern Magic & Port Orleans Riverside March 2012
Double Dip on the Dream July 2015

DundasDad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #333
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Now I now the answer to the age old question, "Where's the beef?" Obviously, it's at Samba! Mmmmmmmmmmm, looks great!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #334
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
OK, you've had a day... new update, new update, new update!!!!
The next one is almost 100% new- Dis-exclusive content. I wanted to talk a little bit about the few things we did not get around to on Allure (because there is so much), so no copying and pasting- all new writing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
While you were away and recovering (glad to see you're feeling better btw) I went off to read some of your other trip reports. I noticed the year you did the Magic Halloween cruise, you made shirts for the family.
I did! Those were a lot of fun!

Quote:
Were those just transfers or something else? And if they were transfers, which did you use- because those look like they held up well and that's one of the bigger complaints I've come across with using transfers is that they don't/didn't hold up well.
They are transfers and I took the recommendation of many on the Creative Dis-igns board and bought them from Amymickey- a Diser on the Creative Board. I'm not sure if we're allowed to post her website - I know she isn't allowed to- it's one of the dis self-promotion rules but it is her username dot com. They did hold up well- the shirts still look pretty nice.

Quote:
Also, on that thread you show all the magnets you did for door decoration- did you use printable magnets, or did you use printer sticker paper that then stuck onto the magnets? I can't remember if you said or not- since I read the posts over the course of a few days.

Thanks!!
Ah, for the magnets I have cheaped out the last few cruises. I used to use magnet paper- then it got really expensive and hard to come by. I tried a bulk order from a magnet company one year and those bled ink everywhere. All over the door- kids would walk by and touch them, get ink on their fingers and then wipe their fingers on our door/the wall/other magnets. It was a mess. So after that I went to just straight cardstock and adhesive magnets. Super cheap, super simple and they look pretty good. Good enough, anyway! LOL! Hope that helps! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I would have loved to have seen the ice show on explorer- but no one wanted to leave the pool and go with me, lol! Very special that you got to push the button-
Haha! You should have just left them there! LOL! Boys!

Quote:
This ship looks like soooo much fun! And that hot dog bar... That would be a great place to hang out! Who doesn't love tube food?
It is a ton of fun! Or 100 tons of fun! LMAO! Tube food! That is awesome, I need to steal that!

Quote:
Sorry I've been MIA lately, but I am all caught up now, Sista! Oh- and I just LOVE Sav's pj tank!
It's ok dear, I know..the rat race has got me too! And although I have still been stealthily reading don;t think I have abandoned you (or Kara either, I know just where I left off on her TR that she finished...oh last month!)...Yours I have been plastering all over my meet thread trying to plan up a deal with Thomas next year! So I'm kind of like Santa- always watching but i only come by once a year!

Kidding, I swear I will actually comment soon. I have plenty to spout off on, believe me.

and Sav loooves her top!!! It's still a little bit big (why it's PJ's right now) but soon she will be showing it off at dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
when it came to trip reportin'

20 pages??
OMG I know..and I'm only on Day 2! The one on cruise critic is approaching 100,000 views- can't believe that!

Quote:
happy Turkey day!!

T.T.F.N.
Thanks Kris! Hope you had a great one! Your turn is coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
You. Are. Making. Me. Sooooo. Hungry!!!!! That chicken looks incredible and the ribs sounded incredible!!!! OMG!!!!! If I had a drooling smiley, I would insert it here......
Oh it was sooo good. Ron was totally enjoying the I Told You So's when I got so full so quick. But even he was seriously about to blow at the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor DonDuck View Post
Samba Grill... OH MY! Mouth-watering update
Sorry I made you hungry! It was good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Jen, I feel stuffed just looking at your pictures! Wow -- talk about lots and lots of food opportunities at that Samba place !!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yes, and we were stuffed afterwards but we hit our food and bloat limit the next day after Johnny Rockets. I pretty much felt like I didn't need to eat anything the rest of entire week afterwards!!! And...well...I'm sure I shouldn't have. But I did! Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Wow! Samba looks incredible!!! Will they give you just a bite size portion of all those meats???
They will. one of the last pieces I got I asked for a VERY SMALL slice and he still gave me more than I could eat but it was a small slice compared to what he was giving me when I wasn't specifying.

Quote:
Oh yeah...had forgot to ask earlier...does Allure have the yummy English Toffee cookies? They normally have them at Sorrento or one of the bakery cafes. I ate probably equivalent to my weight of those things on the Monarch last January.
They don't have any desserts at Sorrento's on Allure- I know they did on Independence and do on some of the other ships. Cafe Promenade did have some cookies- different ones daily. I'm sorry I didn't notice if they had English Toffee. I went back and scoured my pics of Promenade Cafe but I couldn't make out the name plates of the different kinds of cookies, sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Hey Jen & Ron!

We returned Saturday on our Thanksgiving Oasis cruise. The info you provided was great. We used your extremely useful tips all week.
Welcome back! So glad the info was able to help you onboard!

Quote:
At the Captain's talk he said since the Oasis first sailed almost 2 years ago, both the Oasis and the Allure have sailed full each Saturday and Sunday! That is a lot of people on these 2 huge ships!
I absolutely believe it. Twelve thousand people a week! 12,000!

Quote:
And yes, we were on the Oasis that had a norovirus outbreak. Here is the story from the Fort Lauderdale newspaper: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,7772492.story
Oh no! That stinks!!!

Quote:
Just a few random thoughts:

Amy Fickert was the cruise director. Never did figure out what the "big surprise" was the last night. I think it would have been better to have the characters appear on an upper area so everyone could see them, instead of in front of the mob scene down on the floor.
Agree completely. It was the same on Allure. Not sure if you saw my parade segment, I finally got it up this week but i think we had the worst spots possible.

Quote:
After watching sailaways for months on the port webcam, I was disappointed that our sailaway was late and we missed it because we had 6:00 traditional dining. There were about 6 ships in port but they all sailed one after the other - we did not sail until after 6:00 in the dark.
Yes, we were watching you and wondering what was going on! I even have a couple of pics I snapped. Sorry the 2nd one isn't so good, but I guess you were already at dinner anyway! Did they ever say why you sailed so late?

(I'll have to come back to upload the pics, photobucket is not cooperating right now and I don't want to lose this big post!)

That happened to us too on Independence, we sailed at 6:30, an hour and a half late. Since it was in January it wasn't totally dark yet like yours was but yeah it got really frustrating standing there forever not wanting to give up our spot but wondering what the heck was going on. So sorry that happened to you!

Quote:
And due to weather conditions thru the weak several Aqua shows and Splish Splash show had to be cancelled. But, we loved the ice skating show and saw it 3 times. Comedy show was good, too. The Motown singers were good as was Hairspray.
Oh no! That is such a bummer!

Quote:
We were on deck 8, inside cabin 8141 - great cabin attendant and great location. Loved being on the Central Park deck. We took a tour of Central Park where they told all about the trees, plants and living wall. We also took the art tour and that was very interesting.
Would love to do that! I'm going to have to next time!!!

Quote:
We only did the free food options and I would say it was so-so, nothing outstanding or to rave about. Just about everything offered in the MDR was also on the buffet. I thought surf and turf was steak and lobster but on this ship it was 3 garlicky shirimp and steak covered in a sauce. Lobster was offered another night. I was disappointed in the desserts - even the cookies did not seem fresh nor did the free donuts.
Yeah I had read about the donuts being cold and crappy so many times I was totally shocked when we had them and they were good! But we only had them the one day (day 2) so I don't know if it was a fluke or if it was still so close to leaving FLL that they were still fresh...? LOL....!

I'm sorry the rest of the food was so-so.
I'm tired of the menu and we've only sailed twice with them. FWIW, something about the rotational dining and changing your location on Disney is so appealing- even though I know it has no effect on the food it just makes dinner so much more interestiing.

Quote:
We did get a great table for 2 that was by ourselves and on the railing. The Starbucks just opened on the Oasis and as ya'll reported, they do accept Starbuck's gift cards for payment, with the tip automatically added in.
We wondered if it had opened on your cruise. Is it in the same location across from On Air and Boleros in the Promenade?

Quote:
We both had massages at the same time on our St. Martin day. They offer port spa specials that include a free glass of champagne. After the massage, the masseuse asked if I wanted champagne or water and of course I said champagne. She came back with water saying they were out of champagne. Huh? Ok. My dh was told the same thing but he kept saying it was included and pushed for it. They said they would have to go get more (hello...! yes, go get more!) and the whole thing put a damper on the massage as they made me feel like we were trying to get a darn glass of free champagne out of them. And, they really should get thicker robes. As I read on another thread on CC, you really can see thru the robes and have to wait in a public area!!! And of course, the tip was automatically added in, so what is the reason for them to do an extra good job? Dh and I had the same spa special but his included a head and neck massage that I did not get.
Oooh yeah that would not sit well with me, either. Were the spa robes the terrycloth ones like in the staterooms or are they different? I wouldn't like that a bit. Did they go and "find" the champagne in the end for you? I hope so!

Quote:
The ship is amazing and we are glad we did it. We thought we would book the Allure next, but once is enough on this size ship for us.
Well I can totally understand it- the big ships aren't for everyone and they can be the antithesis of the relaxing cruise vacation for sure.

Quote:
We parked in the RCCL port lot and rolled our luggage on. It is only dh and myself and we each had 1 rolling suitcase and 1 carry-on. I had read somewhere, seems if you have 2 rolling suitcases you have to wait in a huge line for the elevator. They want you to have 1 hand free to use the escalator, so that worked out for us. Great tip, there!
That is good to know! Assuming I'd ever be able to pack a reasonable amount! Haha- probably never happen!

Quote:
One final irk.... seems our car has an ant infestation, inside and out, since parking there!
ooh! yuck! Ron said he has read about that being a problem in the parking garage lately.

Quote:
Can't wait to find out if Mickey or Shrek wins in your report. I know which one wins in our book!

Hope you don't mind me crashing in on your report. Thanks again for all of your help.
Oh heck no, so glad to have you following along! it stinks your cruise had so many issues! I'm really sorry to hear that. We were discussing if we would go on Oasis next time and, I think we may just stick with Allure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
WOW!! Samba looked EXCELLENT!! Way to go Ron- Pods will be proud to hear you ate all that MEAT!
LOL yeah he did good! He kept badgering me to just try a taste of the ribs, I couldn't do it. I would have thrown up I was so full!

Quote:
We go to Brazilian Steakhouses with Evie & Tom- and the boys can ALWAYS out-eat the girls...I always like the sirloin & ribeye the best...and the chicken hearts the least!
Chicken HEARTS???!?!?! Blech! Glad Samba did not have those! Gross!

Quote:
I can't even IMAGINE how fat I would get on a cruise with one of those!
Yeah I haven't been back on a scale since but I didn't lose weight. I don't think I gained a lot though. all of my clothes still fit. There have been come cruises where that wasn't the case. Ahem.

Quote:
You are giving such amazing detail of your cruise- mine is like "We ate a sandwich then sat by the pool". Way to go, girlfriend!! I feel like I was on the ship with you!!
Aww you're too kind, and what are you talking about your TR's are awesome!!!

You might enjoy the next segment where I talk about things we didn;t even do in great detail! Bwahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
WOW! Samba looked mouth-watering! I'd pay $25 to dine there, nevermind the $12.50 you paid!
Yeah it was a super deal! And so super delicious! Now every time we go by Texas de Brazil we are jonesing to go eat there. (But we always have the kids so that one will have to wait!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DundasDad View Post
Way to go! I just short circuited my laptop from my droooooooool ...
Oh now that's not the first laptop I have ruined nor will it be the last....

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000
Now I now the answer to the age old question, "Where's the beef?" Obviously, it's at Samba! Mmmmmmmmmmm, looks great!
Ha! Love it! For sure it was, not a restaurant for vegetarians by any means!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #335
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post

Welcome back! So glad the info was able to help you onboard!

I absolutely believe it. Twelve thousand people a week! 12,000!

Oh no! That stinks!!!

Agree completely. It was the same on Allure. Not sure if you saw my parade segment, I finally got it up this week but i think we had the worst spots possible.

There wasn't a parade the last night, just dancing in a blocked off area that the characters danced in. And the whole crowd was dancing in front of that area.

Yes, we were watching you and wondering what was going on! I even have a couple of pics I snapped. Sorry the 2nd one isn't so good, but I guess you were already at dinner anyway! Did they ever say why you sailed so late?

(I'll have to come back to upload the pics, photobucket is not cooperating right now and I don't want to lose this big post!)

That happened to us too on Independence, we sailed at 6:30, an hour and a half late. Since it was in January it wasn't totally dark yet like yours was but yeah it got really frustrating standing there forever not wanting to give up our spot but wondering what the heck was going on. So sorry that happened to you!

They never said anything. I wish I had asked the Captain at his talk but didn't think of it at the time. It was disappointing as I had my family in NOLA watching the sailaway. And we had great aft spots with just another family standing there, but they gave up before us.

Oh no! That is such a bummer!

I am waiting for it to return this week to see if there were any more reports of illness.

I forgot to mention that on our second to last sea day (Oasis has 2 sea days at the end), as we were leaving our cabin on deck 8, there was a medical emergency announcement for a cabin on deck 8 (waaaaayyyy down from us) and people in uniforms were running down the hall. Later that day they made another medical emergency announcement calling for a certain type blood. At his talk, the Captain said passengers and crew came forward and the patient was stable. When we were disembarking, we saw an ambulance and fire truck right next to the ship.

Would love to do that! I'm going to have to next time!!!

Yeah I had read about the donuts being cold and crappy so many times I was totally shocked when we had them and they were good! But we only had them the one day (day 2) so I don't know if it was a fluke or if it was still so close to leaving FLL that they were still fresh...? LOL....!

I'm sorry the rest of the food was so-so.
I'm tired of the menu and we've only sailed twice with them. FWIW, something about the rotational dining and changing your location on Disney is so appealing- even though I know it has no effect on the food it just makes dinner so much more interestiing.
Plus, who can beat Mouse bars for dessert?!

We wondered if it had opened on your cruise. Is it in the same location across from On Air and Boleros in the Promenade?
Yep, same location.

Oooh yeah that would not sit well with me, either. Were the spa robes the terrycloth ones like in the staterooms or are they different? I wouldn't like that a bit. Did they go and "find" the champagne in the end for you? I hope so!

Oh no! The robes were not terrycloth! They were just extremely thin cotton! They said they would go get more and for us to come back. When we came back, we had to explain again, and they had us sit for about 5-10 minutes until they brought out 2 glasses. You would think we were begging for it or something. Heck, it was advertised to be be included in the price of the special! I knew something was weird right after the massage when she asked me if I wanted champagne or water. I mean, you think she should have at least offered another choice, like juice or something?

Well I can totally understand it- the big ships aren't for everyone and they can be the antithesis of the relaxing cruise vacation for sure.

That is good to know! Assuming I'd ever be able to pack a reasonable amount! Haha- probably never happen!

ooh! yuck! Ron said he has read about that being a problem in the parking garage lately.

Oh heck no, so glad to have you following along! it stinks your cruise had so many issues! I'm really sorry to hear that. We were discussing if we would go on Oasis next time and, I think we may just stick with Allure!
We already have next Thanksgiving booked on the Fantasy (loved the Dream - only too short) and are thinking of booking something in March. But, this time we are gonna look for a deal. Princess has been sending us some great specials! Last Thanksgiving on the Emerald Princess was fantastic.

Last edited by lucas; 12-04-2011 at 12:08 AM.
lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:42 AM   #336
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

YUMM-O!! That looks just like our fav restaurant when we were in Boise! Tucanos- Set up the same way - same foods -( Oh - no dancers there) What a great dinner for $12.50! If I show this to Jim he'll want to book on Allure for sure!
MAGICFOR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #337
happypooh
DIS Veteran

Amazing trip report!! Have spent all day reading from page 1 and tidying up the house, taking breaks to come back to read the report as a treat from all the hard work of unpacking after our trip! We've done 3 DCL cruises and my DH says he'd like to take a non disney cruise sometime (shock horror!) and your TR really makes the Allure sound alluring! Do you happen to know how they are with dealing with kids with food allergies? DCL is so so good and looking at the food places so far I can't see too much that she can eat on the Allure (she's allergic to wheat, dairy, egg, potatoes, beef, soy, gluten plus a gazillion more!)
Also is there just one sit down restaurant that is free that you are assigned to or you have to make reservations for places that are extra cost? We once sailed Norwegian on their Hawaiian cruise and it was dreadful - it would take close to 3 hours to get fed at their sit down restaurants and the food would be cold. Most nights we ended up in the buffet just so we could get hot food! After that experience you can tell we were more than pleased with the food on DCL!
Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks again for taking the time and effort to do this TR! You and your family rock!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #338
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Jen, your report is making me jump right on to the Royal Caribbean website to check out prices.

I think if I showed the pictures of Samba alone to Mike, that would probably be enough to persuade him!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #339
floydfamily4
DIS Veteran

Please come back
Old 12-09-2011, 04:51 AM   #340
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

I miss your updates!!I think I know the problem? The USPS is gettting the way. somebody has to help Santa get the work done in the next 15 days
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #341
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

LOL yes all of the Christmas cheer is for sure getting in my way. Besides the busy week at work- never really recovered from a busy weekend last weekend- and this weekend will be even busier! After work tomorrow we will be heading over to DTD to see Santa. Yes mall Santas are no longer sufficient for us, we have to go to the Disney one! Haha! And my tree is still only half done. I'm such a slacker.

BUT I will have more good stuff up soon. I may postpone the things we didnt do segment just to get some more up quicker!

And If I'm really lucky I may run into trouble at Disney World..the one, the only karajeboo!!! Look out WDW, here we come!!!

Hang in there with me til Sunday gang!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #342
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL yes all of the Christmas cheer is for sure getting in my way. Besides the busy week at work- never really recovered from a busy weekend last weekend- and this weekend will be even busier! After work tomorrow we will be heading over to DTD to see Santa. Yes mall Santas are no longer sufficient for us, we have to go to the Disney one! Haha! And my tree is still only half done. I'm such a slacker.

BUT I will have more good stuff up soon. I may postpone the things we didnt do segment just to get some more up quicker!

And If I'm really lucky I may run into trouble at Disney World..the one, the only karajeboo!!! Look out WDW, here we come!!!

Okay I am hanging. Expecting pictures and a mini trip report from your fun at WDW and DIS meet!!
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:51 AM   #343
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm so jealous! Give Trouble a hug from me! Oh, an since it's Christms, have a hug youself!
MAGICFOR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:16 AM   #344
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile Updates.....we wanna updates -

(PWEASE??)

T.T.F.N.
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #345
Florida Dreamin'
Mouseketeer

Thought I saw all of you while at DTD tonight. Didn't want to interrupt because you all looked like you were on a mission!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

250+ WDW Day Trips | 5 Disney Cruises | Disney Dream & Fantasy Pre- Inaugural
Florida Dreamin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allure, cruise, rccl, rci, shrek

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: