Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is This A Good Idea?
Yes, I think it would be great! 27 9.68%
I'll see how it works out first... 49 17.56%
No, I think this idea is...Horrible! 203 72.76%
Voters: 279. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #16
nicki.momof3
Addicted to Disney Vacations

Planning park days based on EMH
Planning ADR's based on parks
Coordinating FP's

That is enough planning for a vacation for me.

I say - it is a horrible idea. Takes all the "spur of the moment" out of your time.
nicki.momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #17
mkoerner
DIS Veteran

Sounds like too much work and I can't be bothered. FP works very well if you know how to make good use of them and the rides don't break down.
1976-treehouse villa/july 1995-off property/dec 1998-dixie landings/2001-off property/feb 2003 FW/2005 POR/2006-ASMo/aug 2006-Swan/2008-POR/jan 2009 WL/aug 2009-cbr/aug 2010-CR/ Aug 2011- VWL,BLT/ Dec 2011- SSR/March 2012-POR/ Aug 2012- OKW/ March 2013-POR/ Aug 2013- Aulani/ Aug 2013-POFQ/ Aug 2014- FWCampground/ Dec 2014- SSR
mkoerner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #18
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

I'm not a fan of this idea. Too much planning takes the spontaneity out of a trip. People already can't stick to returning to rides during their FP return window and people already continually run late to their ADRs. I can see it being a potential nightmare for CMs that have to deal with irate guests that are returning late to their TSM appointed ride time for whatever excuse they come up. And for the casual guest (one that doesn't plan what park on what day or have ADRs) it could possibly cause extra wait times for rides depending on how WDW handles doling out the ride reservations.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #19
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

I voted for horrible. Don't really want to debate, but in answering the question for the thread I'll tell you why -

- Totally ruins last minute trips b/c you wouldn't have any reservations so you'd have to wait longer
- Sucks for locals or FL residents who just pop into the park for the day or anyone who doesn't want to plan every single second of their trip
- Adds a whole other stressor to those who plan their trips b/c now they have to worry about what rides they'll do when in addition to resort reservations, EMH's and ADR's

Honestly when they say that people's major problem is the wait, I think that the current FP system largely eliminates waits for those who use it.
Seems like they could focus that money on adding more E-ticket rides to lessen waits by redistributing guests and also do a better job on educating first-time guests on the current FP system.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #20
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

bump
Because I think TPTB at Disney really need to watch this poll also.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #21
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

At the risk of being jumped all over and playing devils advocate...

I completely agree with all of the comments being made about "over planning" and spontaneous decisions, but am I the only one who sees the prospect of a ride reservation system as optional?.

If ride reservations are in the pipeline for Disney I would assume it would be like ADR's which some people use and others don't. I know a lot of people who go annually and never make any ADR's, while others plan every meal. It would be the same with Ride Reservations, if you feel it would make the trip too rigid and planned, you just opt out.
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #22
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Hate it! It's bad enough to have to make ADR's 180 days in advance. I really don't want to plan my rides. If a ride is too crowded, I'll get a Fastpass. The Fastpass system is working just fine.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
POLY1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #23
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

My concerns are for people that are uninformed..Alot of people complain NOW that they didn't know about dining adrs.Can you imagine getting to a park and finding out that you had to book your ride time 6 months before?What about locals and Fl residents who are passholders and want to pop into the parks , are they doomed to 2nd class status?..it has too many unknowns and a lot of other issues that would need to be resolved first.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #24
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

The only worse idea is reservation for a bathroom imo.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #25
GreatGranny
Mouseketeer

I may like this plan depending on how it works, but would hate it if it meant being in a specific location at a specific time like ADRs and just don't see it working that way because of the reasons already stated such as not making it because you are stuck on another ride, losing it because the reserved ride is down during your time slot, not really knowing exactly where you are going to be at that specific time, etc, etc.

I wonder if it would work though if they take x number of currently distributed FPs out of a ride, make them advance res tickets with earliest return time spread out over the given day as FPs are now, so you really wouldn't be tied into a specific time, they would distribute the same total number of FPs as they currently do for that day, and the best part that I see is that it might reduce the mad rush at rope drop (sleep in a little...ahhhhhh!!!).

What I would really like to see is some type of FP system for all character Meet & Greets like they have now for Mickey/Minnie & the princesses, and possibly more advanced notice of M & G times instead of having to wait until you arrive at the park to see the Times Guide. The lineups for other characters last week were crazy long, much much worse than any of the standby lines for popular rides.
GreatGranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #26
andyman8
DIS Veteran

I think that this idea has been misunderstood. Disney filed a patten for reserving rides for the short term (the next day) from locations on the property. Here is how it would really work:
  1. Turn on the Disney Resort TV
  2. A menu appears depicting this message "Which date will you be visiting (today or tomorrow)?"
  3. Select theme park you will be visiting
  4. Choose from one of the available times

Hope this clears things up a bit!
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #27
BrerVixen
Br'er Fox's biggest fan!

It's an AWFUL, TERRIBLE, DISGUSTING idea!

BrerVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #28
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Totally agree........

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreegirl View Post
Really stupid idea.
Dumbest thing I've heard of for a vacation.......where's the adventure?

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #29
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
I think that this idea has been misunderstood. Disney filed a patten for reserving rides for the short term (the next day) from locations on the property. Here is how it would really work:
  1. Turn on the Disney Resort TV
  2. A menu appears depicting this message "Which date will you be visiting (today or tomorrow)?"
  3. Select theme park you will be visiting
  4. Choose from one of the available times

Hope this clears things up a bit!
That would work..But the article in question says "Similarly, a centerpiece of Disney's $1 billion "Next Generation Experience" technology imitative is a new reservation system in which guests will be able to book ride times for popular attractions even before they leave home on their vacations"
It mentions BOOKING from home BEFORE you leave for vacation.Which makes me think there is more to it than what you proposed
Old 10-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #30
KatieCollette
Once upon a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
It wouldn't feel like a vacation but just a series of appointments or otherwise much like work. I can stay home and work.
What she said!
KatieCollette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reservations, rides

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: