Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #31
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
I am excited to see the pictures of your trip. I was exhausted reading your trip report-- lol-- can not imagine getting all done you and husband did on this trip. Glas the Anniversay trip was fun. Not sure I will be staying at that hotel any time soon. Thanks for the info.
We will not be returning to the Camelot Inn. They did not make up our room twice, though we were gone most of the day, nor did the restock the coffee except for one day. It was disappointing.
isisisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #32
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
You mentioned the head cold and bronchitis and being sick for a month! Eek! Being sick for that long - even if it had been a low grade thing and not bronchitis - really takes a toll on a body. The immune system can only fight off illness so much!

There is something crazy going around, illness-wise. Since last year (like early 2011) I have been hearing reports from different friends and/or DIS'ers who have caught things like seemingly basic colds and flus, which then morphed into bigger illnesses - in some cases, pneumonia; in other cases, bronchitis; a couple of people got bad ear infections; and in a couple of cases the doctors couldn't figure out what the people had other than to call it "a virus."

I went to my doctor after I was coughing for 4 weeks to get checked out and he prescribed antibiotics and an inhaler. A week of that, and the cough is 99% gone. But I agree, a lot of people have been sick..or keep getting sick. At my work, I would say last week 1/2 the office was out ill at some point.

Whatever it is that people are catching these days seems to not be going away in a normal period of time. Everyone's illnesses are lasting much longer than they should, or they are going away and coming back in only a few days. I even caught a small cold while at DLR last month, and that seems to have turned into a sinus infection or something...which is still hanging on and annoying me a month later! I still don't feel well and I left DLR on December 8th!

Ugh! That is horrible! Have you gone to the doctor yet?

I know what you mean about the Christmas week DLR crowds. I never miss a Christmas season at DLR - whether I go for a one day or several days - BUT I can't yet bring myself to go directly over the Christmas holiday. The closest I have come to it is going on the weekend immediately prior to Christmas for a few years in a row, and that has been very, very crowded at times (2009, for example - yikes!).

I want to be able to go to DLR during Christmas week or over the actual holiday at least once in my life - just to be able to have that experience of waking up on Disney property and being in DLR on Christmas Day, as well as seeing the characters in their cute pajamas on Christmas Eve when they come out on Main Street to do the "Christmas Eve goodnight" thing. But the crowds...I just can't take on that challenge yet.

A few people have suggested I go earlier in the season, but I won't be able to get time off. DH hates crowds. It was rough on him the weekend before Halloween. I showed him some pics from Christmas week, but he thinks he still wants to go. we both want to see the characters in their pajamas. And to be in the Park on Christmas Day.

I think that Cars Land and all the changes at DCA are a big question mark as well for 2012 - there's no way of knowing how all of it affect crowd levels for the whole year at DLR.

I think your tentative idea sounds good - to go for a few days in the days leading up to Christmas and have low expectations. That way, you won't be shocked or disappointed if you can't accomplish too much, but if you get more done than you expect to get done it will be a big bonus!

That would be the idea. To go and enjoy the "vibe". Of course, I would see my lovely HMH. and then be able to see the HM in Feb. Though I have to admit, I would miss Halloween time

Anyway, I'm excited to see your Halloween Time photos! I'm already missing Halloween Time at DLR and am anxious for it to start again! I guess I still have 8 months to go for that to happen!
I have posted a few pictures. I have more to post later. And DH reminded me I have some pictures on my phone that I need to get on my laptop so I can post them.
isisisme is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: