Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
marybraguim
Working hard to make dreams come true!

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique everything!

Hey everyone!

I noticed a lot of people, like myself, have several doubts concerning the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and everything else related (such as princess dresses), so I ask to those of you who have the expertise, please share with the rest of us your precious knowledge (and photos!)

Here are the basics on the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

- Downtown Disney (at the World of Disney Store)

- The Magic Kingdom (inside Cinderella's Castle).

Packages available:

- Coach Package includes hairstyling and shimmering makeup — starting at $49.95 USD plus tax.

- Crown Package includes hairstyling, shimmering makeup and nails — starting at $54.95 USD plus tax.

- Castle Package includes the Crown Package plus the Imaging Package (one 6" x 8" and four 4" x 6" photos in a princess-themed photo holder) and complete costume of your choice with accessories — starting at $189.95 USD plus tax.

- The Knight Package, for boys, includes hair styling as well as a mighty sword and shield for $14.95 plus tax.

- The optional Imaging Package includes one 6" x 8" and four 4" x 6" photos in a princess-themed photo holder (price not disclaimed at the WDW website).

Duration: 30 to 60 minutes.

Minimum age: 3 to 12 years.

Reservations: Strongly recommended. Call (407) WDW-STYLE or (407) 939-7895 as soon as you book your trip.

Remember: Hair should be clean and free of any conditions. (the same applies for the nails, if getting it painted). And take your own brush (you never know!).

Now let's get more specific. Here are some other info that might be useful for your BBBoutique experience:

- If you didn't make a reservation, your best shot would be arriving early morning at the Boutique (I read once that the Downtown Disney location is a tad less crowded than Magic Kingdom's, specially in the morning, while people are at the parks). Nevertheless, be the first one there, just in case!

- Many parents love taking their kids for a meal at the Cinderella's Royal Table restaurant next door. Not only it's an unforgettable experience, but you also get a free professionally taken picture with Cinderella. For those who didn't buy the Castle or Imaging package, this is an alternative way to have a beautiful picture of your little princess.

- Got the hairdo but didn't get Cinderella's Royal Table? Try Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare (at the Grand Floridian Hotel). It offers a chance to meet and greet Cinderella and friends as well.

- You are allowed to take your own princess dress with you for the makeover, so no need or obligation to buy the ones they sell there.

- Now if you want to buy the whole attire, the Castle package includes the dress, matching shoes, wand and hair accessory.

I did my share. Now I have doubts of my own. Does anyone know....

- What's the biggest princess dress size?

- What's the biggest princess shoes/sandals size?

- How long does the hairdo last?

- The cost of the Imaging Package?

- Can you get the coach package but still buy dresses, wands, shoes and hair accessories separately?

- I read about big girls and adults (even seniors) getting a makeover at the Boutique. If you have a story of your own, share with us!

PS - I just found an amazing thread here: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique ~ ALL you need to know + Pix of NEW costumes! Look there as well! PLENTY of info! =)

Last edited by marybraguim; 10-06-2011 at 12:56 PM.
marybraguim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
Ziemba
Earning My Ears

We did the BBB for my DD's 6th birthday last year. Of course DD 10 and DS 4 had to get done up as well (DS did the "Cool Dude" package- pretty cheap and he was involved :0) ) I Don't remember the packages we did for the girls, but we brought our own dresses for them. They got changed right before, and it took about an hour for the three of them to finish. There was a Photopass Photographer there, so if you are doing photopass, you can get a bunch of pictures done by them. Since it was DD6's Birthday, we had Reservations at 1900 Park Fare for shortly after for dinner. Cinderella and all the characters just loved the kids all dressed up with their hair and nails done. I can answer one of your questions- How long does the hiardo last?
Ha,Ha,Ha.... When we got back to the room that night (at least 8 hours later) It took us at least an hour to get everything out. Even then, I think you could keep the hairdo for a few days LOL! I think it took at least 3 hair washings to get everything out! They put in a lot of stuff that will hold it even if you were going on rides after. Again, I'm a guy- so I'm not too sure all the stuff they used, but it was a magical experience and well worth the money for the kids!

Last edited by Ziemba; 09-30-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Ziemba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2011, 06:02 AM   #3
Perditamarie
DIS Veteran

Here's our info:

* hairdo will last 3 days .... my dd even swam, so we took down after 2, but it still looked great.

* Can also book a meal at Akershus in Norway and get a photo w/Belle...package included w/meal.

* we found that the nail polish peeled right off, so not worth it for us.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
OhStuffandFluff
Mouseketeer

We Love BBB!

My daughter has experienced the magic of BBB twice and my son enjoyed his first experience this year as well! Both times my daughter's hairstyle stayed in for the full week we were at Disney! she did the fairytale princess hairstyle last year and the diva princess style this year and added the crown to the style. She loved both of them! My son did the knights package this year and he was impressed! It was cute! His style did not last long however. It was pretty flattened after sleeping on it one night. This did not bother him however, because he did not want to keep it done up for more than that day.

I would recommend the BBB to everyone! My kids and myself enjoyed this experienced very much! It was magical!

First visit in 2010

Second visit 2011

DS knights package
OhStuffandFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran

Even if you bring your own dress with you, be prepared for your child to change their mind about which princess they want to be! All the dresses and accessories are prominently displayed.
Darcy03231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bibbidi bobbidi boutique, princess dress, princess makeover

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: