Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #46
mom2pixies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Brooke is a beautiful princess and love that Avie got a little pixie dusting too!
fun photos with the "steps", fairy godmother and the princesses!
Yes, they really don't forget anyone in the process! It was nice of them to think of Avie, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Aw I love Princess Brookes transformation and when you said about their reaction to the castle I teared up as well!
Alos way cool that they got all the buttons!
Yup--they got pretty heavy to wear all the time, but the girls kept them on their lanyards for souvenirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_jude View Post
Definitely lots of smiles and a few happy tears here as we read through the post on the auction! WOW!!!!!

And then what an amazing start to the trip! Could you possibly have had a more perfect first park day?

Judy
Judy--it only got better! We had only been there about an hour or two by this time! More magic to come....

Everyone: Added some Photopass images as promised!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #47
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

When will I learn??? Your family just has a special magic to it - I cannot read your TR (or your PTR) without tearing up! It's like Brooke is the embodiment of what Disney Magic is all about. I know you know this, but you have one special little girl

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #48
kimmg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
When will I learn??? Your family just has a special magic to it - I cannot read your TR (or your PTR) without tearing up! It's like Brooke is the embodiment of what Disney Magic is all about. I know you know this, but you have one special little girl
ITA! I'm so happy you guys had this moment. And can I say, despite how beautiful and special it is seeing Brooke getting done up, I teared up most at sweet little Avie and her shoes. Oh, she's just so cute and maybe it's because K is a similar age but I squeed with happiness for her too. Our non-sick kiddoes sometimes get overlooked and they're forced to sacrifice too. I'm so thrilled Avie got something special. I may have to look into those shoes when I go. Were the soles terribly hard? K always trips in hard-soled shoes. Thank you so much for sharing all of this.

Our Pre-trip report
WDW '96 '05 '07
DLR I lost track some where along the way but many, many trips since birth
Old 11-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #49
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I finally got to your TR...

What a great first 2 days so far! Brooke looked so happy once she was transformed at BBB. How cool that the princesses came in to the BBB to greet everyone.

What a great experience at the MAW gala. Brooke is quite the accomplished artist! How awesome that her artwork raised so much money to help other kids get their wish!!!!

Last edited by that's nice; 11-12-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #50
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Love the pictures of the BBB. Your FGMIT was the same lady that put the makeup on my DD in 2010
Old 11-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #51
mom2pixies
DIS Veteran

Just wishing all of my American friends a very happy Thanksgiving weekend! I'm a day late, but I hope you are all enjoying time with your families and creating special memories to love and cherish!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #52
mom2pixies
DIS Veteran

A New Year's Resolution and Chapter 4

Hi everyone,

Long time, no write! I have been MIA since November and it certainly wasn’t intentional! Life just keeps getting in the way of my DISsing. I apologize to anyone who was reading this Trip Report for abandoning it for so long, and I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if no one is tuning in any longer. I also apologize to Big Givers who have been waiting so long to see photos of their creations in action. I haven’t been keeping my end of the bargain very well.

I almost wish I had a proper excuse, but am glad to report that everyone is doing well and no large mishaps have occurred. In fact, it was the first Christmas in about three years that we were not at the hospital, and for that we are exceptionally glad! I will make it my New Year's resolution to get this story finished! It's a beautiful one and I love reliving it through words and photos....

I hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday season and started 2012 on a happy and healthy note!

If you are still interested in reading about Brooke’s wish trip, then I’ll bring you back to conclusion of Day 2. Egads! I am still on Day 2 of the trip....

Chapter 4: The Wish Moment

So, we took off in search of Ariel...but we still had to cross Magic Kingdom to get to her. We headed out with me snapping pics at everything and the girls shouting out and pointing at attractions we promised we’d return to see. I guess Pascal and I were just super worried about missing her that we wanted to make certain that meeting her was the first thing we would accomplish.

On our way to meet Ariel, we passed through Frontierland—and spotted Donald taking photos with tourists. Avie nearly freaked out, she was so excited! She was climbing out of the stroller to run up to him before we even had a chance to stop her! She raced right up and I whipped out the wish kid creds. They stopped the photos and she went right up to Donald and gave him a huge hug. She just kept chattering away and showing him her teddy bear and hugging him.

It was that day that we discovered Avery has little interest in face characters---but LOVES the fuzzies! For most young kids, it’s the opposite! So, we had to make certain she got her fill of Minnie, Mickey and Donald, too!

Back on the Ariel hunt, we decided to stop in at Pixie Hollow and got some photos of the girls with Rosetta and Tinkerbell. Rosetta was wonderful, very chatty with Brooke and they spent quite a few minutes together, even blowing kisses goodbye. Our time with Tink was quick, but I managed to get a pic with her, as she is my absolute favourite character.

Then, we went back on the trail. But, before we could get any closer, we spotted Jasmine and Aladdin! We decided to stop and grab some pics before continuing on. As I mentioned, we were afraid of missing a princess! Brooke, who insists that Jasmine is her second favourite princess, was shy with Jasmine (or maybe it’s because Aladdin was there? Or she was just tired of the heat and racing around?), burying her face in Pas’ shoulder. Brooke was getting a little annoyed with the picture snapping at this point, as she really just wanted to go on Cinderella’s carousel. So we promised we’d just go see Ariel and then hit the rides.

After some more wandering and oohing and ahhing, we found where she was supposed to be. And, there she was—and our hearts began to trip---Ariel resplendent in her shimmery green dress! And, Eric—dressed in his sailor’s shirt and tall boots, just like he does in the movie. Brooke’s annoyance dried up immediately, as she asked me to get her autograph book ready.

The line-up wasn’t bad—just a few people--and we weren’t exactly certain how to get up to show our pass, as both times earlier, the CMs spotted us and kind of us brought us through. We stood in line for a few minutes, but then I decided to go and find the CM responsible for Ariel and Eric and I was glad I did! He insisted we didn’t need to wait and shouldn’t have (it was only a few minutes, really) and then whispered into Ariel’s ear about a special girl here to see her.

Well, it didn’t matter what he said to her—because as soon as she saw Brooke in her identical green dress—she lit up and cried out in excitement! And, so did Brooke! She just went right up to her and wrapped her arms around her, giving her the biggest hug. This was the Wish Moment! This is what it was all about.

I was trying to film the moment and Pas was trying to take pictures and we were failing miserably we were so choked up and the tears were flowing for me. Luckily, the PhotoPass photographer got it all.

Brooke and Ariel chatted for a moment about Brooke’s dress and shoes and wand and I explained that Ariel was Brooke’s special wish and that we came all the way just to see her. Ariel was so thrilled to find a page of herself in Brooke’s book, so she signed that while Eric chatted with Brooke. Then, I asked Ariel if she would sign Brooke’s ‘Birthday Princess’ sash and she said she would be honoured to do it. So, she signed that as well. Then we got some group photos.

It was a wonderful moment—and every time I look back at that photo, I see how special that moment was for those two mermaid princesses. After that, it didn’t matter what we did! The wish had been fulfilled.

We decided to make our way back to the castle to be close by for our lunch with the princesses and get some carousel rides in. As we were passing by, we saw the little grotto were Rapunzel was meeting and greeting. So, we stopped in there, too to ask where was Flynn and Pascal? Flynn was away on royal duties, while Pascal was somewhere hiding on the wall behind us. Brooke had had enough of pictures and was getting a little grumpy, so we made it a quick visit.

We went back to the Courtyard area and went on Prince Charming’s Carousel. The girls were in heaven! Especially, Avie—she didn’t want to get off! So, we around and got back on! Brooke’s grumpy mood evaporated, too. We had time for one more ride before lunch, so Brooke chose Dumbo. We flew the elephant for a bit and then headed back to the Castle for lunch.

By this time, we were all glad to get out of the heat and sun for a bit. Brooke removed her pink hair and we went inside for lunch.

The meal was very tasty and well-organized. The girls each got a wishing star and wand and Brooke received a birthday card signed by the princesses. Avery ate well, eating all of her pasta and most of Brooke’s meal, too! Brooke also celebrated with a cupcake that she could decorate herself. She loved that! We got photos and autographs with all of the princesses (at this meal there was Snow White, Belle, Aurora and Ariel), although each stop by the table was quite quick.

After lunch, we enjoyed more of the Courtyard. We visited the Winnie the Pooh ride and play area, went on Snow White’s ride, the Tea Cups, It’s a Small World (twice) and went to Philharmagic. The girls loved the show so much, they wanted to do it again. It must have started to pour while we were in the theatre, because it was gushing down when we were exiting. Didn’t matter—we had already decided to go back in, so a quick dash through the rain and we went back in to watch the show a second time.

By the time we exited for the second time, the rain had stopped. We had purchased our official Disney $8 ponchos (one for me, one for pas and one for over the stroller) anyways, so we were prepared if the rain should start up again.

The girls were in need of a little nap, so we strolled around for a bit more, while both of them rested. Pas was in need of a coffee fix, so I enjoyed a few minutes with the snoozing princesses just sitting and watching the magic of Disney. Pas and I then caught a bit of the Jack Sparrow show, while the girls were out, and then went into the Tiki House to watch that show. Avie woke up about halfway through, but Brooke was still out.

Brooke woke up just in time to catch a parade, so we parked the stroller right along the route and got the girls some ice cream. They clapped and pointed throughout the parade! Tiana blew Brooke a kiss, Genie patted Avie on the head and the Queen of Hearts came right up to Brooke and put her hands on her hip and gave her a stare. Yikes! Brooke wanted to collect some of the pixie dust that had been thrown our way, so we grabbed some confetti and headed off once again.

As we meandered, we came across Tiana’s gazebo and got to take some photos with the Frog Princess. She was very sweet and took her time with us and her CM insisted we come back to get a photo with Naveen later.

It was already getting late and the park was closing early that day for the Night of Joy, so we decided to call it a day. We went to pick up our umbrellas (each girl had picked out an umbrella and had it personalized and painted to their linking: A red-headed princess, castle and hearts for Brooke and cupcakes and Mickey balloons for Avie) and made our way back to GKTW.

Not surprisingly, the girls both crashed in the car, which was fine because they really needed it. We made it back in time to get some dinner at the House of Hearts and catch the last part of the ‘Pirates and Princesses’ party at GKTW.

Brooke received her second wind by then and happily went on stage (still wearing her Ariel dress from that morning). She was the most adorable princess on the stage. We were saving Avie’s Cinderella dress for later in the week, so we dressed her up in her red Minnie dress for her ‘princess debut’ on the stage. The two of them went up, received their crowns and wands and certificates—and, sure, I’m biased, but I swear—they were the prettiest princesses on stage!

Afterwards, they enjoyed some dancing, face-painting and candy-eating. Finally, it was time to wrap up our first day of Disney and head back to the villa for a much-needed sleep. We had many new adventures to dream about—and there were still more awaiting on the horizon!

Last edited by mom2pixies; 01-21-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: adding photos
Old 01-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #53
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read more!!

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

2001, Disney Sea 2002, Animal Kingdom 2002, MK 2010, GKTW MAW 2012
Old 01-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #54
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I am SO glad you are back and shared the "EXACT WISH" Moment with us! Thank you for taking the time to do this for us all! I LOVE the pictures, how much fun you all are having and I am THRILLED to see you in there as well!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #55
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

I am still here!

What a wonderful update and love that picture with Ariel
Old 01-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #56
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2pixies View Post
Well, it didn’t matter what he said to her—because as soon as she saw Brooke in her identical green dress—she lit up and cried out in excitement! And, so did Brooke! She just went right up to her and wrapped her arms around her, giving her the biggest hug. This was the Wish Moment! This is what it was all about.
LOVE this pic!! It brought a tear to my eye. Brooke is such a beautiful princess! I know when I met her, all she was talking about was wanting to meet Ariel. Hope that all of you are doing well!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #57
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Aw I love your update. Her Ariel meet brought tears to my eyes and those pics with Avie and Donald are just to cute
Old 01-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #58
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

what sweet pictures....my fav though is when Ariel and Eric look like they are just entranced with what Brooke is telling them! How wonderful her Wish came true!!!

happy to hear everyone is doing well!

looking forward to reading more about your trip!

Old 01-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #59
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2pixies View Post

Again -when will I learn that your girls just turn on the water works for me??? How precious are these pics???? OMG!

Quote:
This was the Wish Moment! This is what it was all about.

Oh! Oh! OH! OH! Honestly, it's 11:55pm and I'm sitting at my dining room table flapping my hands in front of my face trying not to scream at how absolutely precious this picture is!!!! <-------I'm like that guy, only I'd have thrown the coffee on the ground and would be trying to wrap my arms around the monitor with a big dopey grin on my face.

Quote:
LOVE this pic!!!! too cute!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
Old 01-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #60
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Great update! I love the picture of Brooke hugging Ariel. What a special moment. It is so cute that Avie was not afraid of the big furry characters. The picture of her with Donald is adorable. You have so many wonderful pictures and so many great memories from this trip. Hooray! Can't wait to read more.

Tags
brooke, gktw, magic, princess ariel, wish trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: