Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #16
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

great start! I've got kiddos close to the age of your oldest two. can't wait to hear more!

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 09-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #17
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Subbing! I can't wait to hear more.

Very impressed at the amount of luggage that you were able to get in the car.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #18
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

So here are our similarities so far, all apple devices for us (itouch,iphone,ipad!), fully but amazingly packed van, and starbucks double shot and frap!

You guys had much less of a drive than us, but i would not want to do it with a baby again!

looking forward to hearing about your first day in the park... if you made it that is!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #19
kokotg
DIS Veteran

Great start!

what is up with the teeny tiny hotel pillows lately?! I don't know if it's a new trend or I've just gotten pickier about my pillows...I feel like I never used to encounter them, but now they're everywhere!

Does chick-fil-A do a plain, unseasoned chicken breast cut up, or is it the same as the chargrilled sandwich? We've tried ordering those without the bun, but my oldest doesn't like the seasoning on them.

ETA: and I was cracking up about the "chenille sticks." I've never heard that before!

Last edited by kokotg; 09-29-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #20
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Super cute kids! Can't wait to read more as I leave next week for my first trip with kids (my niece and nephew 2 and 4!)

Jill in CO
Old 09-29-2011, 04:49 PM   #21
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

hoppin on for the ride!!
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
Old 09-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #22
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
great start! I've got kiddos close to the age of your oldest two. can't wait to hear more!
I love how much fun my kids are at this age. Perfect age for WDW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Subbing! I can't wait to hear more.

Very impressed at the amount of luggage that you were able to get in the car.
Thanks. I thought it was pretty awesome, too. Haha! Seriously, though, my MIL was going to have to hold her luggage in her lap if it didn't fit, and being late getting to our house while packing was happening was risky on her part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
So here are our similarities so far, all apple devices for us (itouch,iphone,ipad!), fully but amazingly packed van, and starbucks double shot and frap!

You guys had much less of a drive than us, but i would not want to do it with a baby again!

looking forward to hearing about your first day in the park... if you made it that is!
That doesn't shock me at all! You're like the Yankee version of me, and I think we're pretty great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokotg View Post
Great start!

what is up with the teeny tiny hotel pillows lately?! I don't know if it's a new trend or I've just gotten pickier about my pillows...I feel like I never used to encounter them, but now they're everywhere!

Does chick-fil-A do a plain, unseasoned chicken breast cut up, or is it the same as the chargrilled sandwich? We've tried ordering those without the bun, but my oldest doesn't like the seasoning on them.

ETA: and I was cracking up about the "chenille sticks." I've never heard that before!
I do not know. Is it the fascination with all things "cute" in today's society? Like the mini Coke bottles and the little cookies that are bite-sized?!? Does anybody even LIKE those things? NO! Stupid. There were a million of those pillows on the bed, but at least it was "cute!"
As for the chicken, I'm not sure. Brynn likes spiced things, so we've only ever gotten it with spices. And, yes, it's the same breast from the chargrilled sandwich. I have to agree--I don't really enjoy the spices on it, but she thinks it's great.
True story about those chenille sticks. When I was teaching, I once got the stink-eye for saying I needed to put pipe cleaners on my order form. Add that to the list of things that frustrated me about teaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Super cute kids! Can't wait to read more as I leave next week for my first trip with kids (my niece and nephew 2 and 4!)

Jill in CO
Thanks!! Last year my girls were 2 and 4 on the trip. Such magical ages! I'm sure you'll have a blast!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 09-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #23
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to reading more!

August 2010 - POR °O° August 2011 - CBR °O° February 2012 - Pop °O° August 2012 - BC °O° August 2013 - POFQ °O° August 2014 - POFQ ºOº December 2014 - AOA
Old 09-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #24
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starann View Post
hoppin on for the ride!!
Should be fun! I love your quote over there on the left. I completely agree!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #25
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Did you really mean 5 minutes, or five hours before you got to Disney?
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #26
fromscratchmom
DIS Veteran

subscribing
Old 09-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #27
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaf516 View Post
Looking forward to reading more!
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Great update!

Did you really mean 5 minutes, or five hours before you got to Disney?
Five MINUTES! We stayed just outside the gates on Friday night. We weren't sure how far we'd make it that night, as three kids in a van could go really well or really...not, so we didn't make a reservation anywhere in case we had to stop a few hours into the drive. Luckily, our kids were perfect angels and real troopers up until a few minutes from WDW, so we didn't stop until we arrived! Last year we tried checking in on a Friday and didn't get any of our requests because most people check out on Saturday and we were left with slim pickings, so we didn't want to check into Pop Century until Saturday. You'll see tomorrow if this logic worked or not. I must say, waking up on Saturday morning and not having a long drive was wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromscratchmom View Post
subscribing
YAY!! Glad you're here!

Old 09-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #28
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post

Five MINUTES! We stayed just outside the gates on Friday night. We weren't sure how far we'd make it that night, as three kids in a van could go really well or really...not, so we didn't make a reservation anywhere in case we had to stop a few hours into the drive. Luckily, our kids were perfect angels and real troopers up until a few minutes from WDW, so we didn't stop until we arrived! Last year we tried checking in on a Friday and didn't get any of our requests because most people check out on Saturday and we were left with slim pickings, so we didn't want to check into Pop Century until Saturday. You'll see tomorrow if this logic worked or not. I must say, waking up on Saturday morning and not having a long drive was wonderful!
Wow! That's great!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #30
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great travel day! Poor Sawyer...I sometimes want to cry when we've been on the road too long Great room and what a great deal!! Can't wait for more
We really couldn't have asked for a better travel day, especially considering we started in the middle of the day and the kids missed their naps! I agree, I was kind of at the point of tears myself and I felt so sorry for him. He was keeping with our tradition, though--each year one kid melts down within a few miles of WDW--and we wouldn't want to break tradition!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: