Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #1396
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Our meeting went awesome! The volunteers were soooo soooo nice. They even brought Gavin a Cars car and coloring book and my daughter a color wonder princess book. They are proposing our dates for over his birthday--- October 15th
Old 07-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #1397
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavandGraciesMommy View Post
So tomorrow is our meeting with the volunteers. As mentioned Gavin is considered nonverbal (canj only say 10 words). I know meeting Lightning McQueen is what he wants.. is there anything that I should ask for in particular though besides just telling them that?
I hope it all goes well tonight and he gets his wish to meet Lightning McQueen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

Some wish granters are better than others (ours were a bit on the stick to the script side). Hopefully yours will be magical and fun!!! (My girls had gotten each of ours a little angel pin and even decorated the wrapping paper they used to wrap the boxes in...the wish granters looked as if they had smelled bad fish when they saw them and put them in their purses, unopened...we never did hear if they liked their presents...I am guessing not).
That is awful that they did not even acknowledge the gifts your girls made. What a sweet gesture by your girls to make them something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post
got new shoes to get ready for our trip. mine are so worn they make my legs hurt. also a small new backpack at tj max. bargins!

then had a bit of a panic attact= over 100 days, so much could happen to molly's health before our trip!

how to celebrate and not worry???
Yay for new shoes! That is a good idea to get new ones a couple months before to break them in

Praying that Molly stays healthy for her trip! I have had those same feelings with Trevor as his trip will not be until May.

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #1398
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our meeting went awesome! The volunteers were soooo soooo nice. They even brought Gavin a Cars car and coloring book and my daughter a color wonder princess book. They are proposing our dates for over his birthday--- October 15th
We must have posted at the same time

Glad it went so well! That would be a wonderful birthday trip!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Old 07-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #1399
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
That is so exciting, I am HAPPY to hear that!!! We were there this past October as the same time...we LOVED IT!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot93 View Post
That is awful that they did not even acknowledge the gifts your girls made. What a sweet gesture by your girls to make them something.
Thank you! They were SO excited to do that and then it was quite a letdown, to be sure...
Praying that Molly stays healthy for her trip! I have had those same feelings with Trevor as his trip will not be until May.

Jackie
I know these feelings ALL to well and we actually DID have to postpone Lisa's Wish trip TWICE for medical reasons....it was very difficult and heart breaking, to be sure. That being said, the time we finally DID make it for her Wish Trip WAS exactly the time we were supposed to be in Florida, it was simply magical! I HTH with your perspective and worries. The reason we have a MAW for our children is because they DO have life-threatening illnesses and anything CAN happen. Just BELIEVE the trip WILL happen as planned, that is what we did. And if something delays it, then you will re-plan and it WILL be magical!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #1400
sarsop524
Mouseketeer

Tickets!!!!

Got our packet in the mail yesterday with our flight times!! I am excited that we fly into Orlando at 1030 in the morning on 11/18, and then depart at 350 in the afternoon on 11/24. Those times are great...other than I am wondering about needing to leave at 4 am on the day we depart to make it to the airport on time. Our wish coordinator put in the packet that we will have a limo, so I guess everyone could take a nap on the way to the airport! Trying to decide if we should drive over the night before and get a hotel room though

No matter what, I am sure it will be all good when we get there!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....sarahs+maw+ptr

Old 07-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #1401
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

date

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsop524 View Post
Got our packet in the mail yesterday with our flight times!! I am excited that we fly into Orlando at 1030 in the morning on 11/18, and then depart at 350 in the afternoon on 11/24. Those times are great...other than I am wondering about needing to leave at 4 am on the day we depart to make it to the airport on time. Our wish coordinator put in the packet that we will have a limo, so I guess everyone could take a nap on the way to the airport! Trying to decide if we should drive over the night before and get a hotel room though

Hurray for dates and such a great late leaving time!

Wishes, Stitch, dolphins and other mischief. A wish trip in the works
Old 07-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #1402
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Updated my TR Finally...

Click here to read.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #1403
lorasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post
got new shoes to get ready for our trip. mine are so worn they make my legs hurt. also a small new backpack at tj max. bargins!

then had a bit of a panic attact= over 100 days, so much could happen to molly's health before our trip!

how to celebrate and not worry???
good idea on the new shoes!

We had a little bit of a scare a few weeks ago - Gabby fell at the playground and needed stitches, right after her chemo dosages were increased. Chemo tends to lower her white blood cell counts, and platelets, which makes healing from cuts harder... So when she went back to get her stitches out, her injury wasn't totally healed, and the risk for infection was much bigger - and with her port-o-cath, any infections or fevers lead to immediate hospitalization

All we could do is hope for the best - you can only control what you can control, you know? That's my motto.

Best wishes that Molly's health holds steady for your trip!

Quote:
Awesome!!! How exciting! October is a great time at the World!

Quote:

Woohoo - you got your flight times already!! That's awesome, we JUST got ours yesterday, and we leave Thursday!

Those times are fantastic, you have, like, two extra days!!

UPDATED PTR, with Gabby's Wish Presentation Party yesterday!! Link below, check it out!
DD#1, 12
DD#2, 10
Leukemia-fighting DD#3, 5
Gabby's MAW PTR!

Mom. Runner. Disney lover. Cancer hater.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #1404
Amerch
Earning My Ears

Question Advise Please

Got our our flight times!! I am excited that we leave Philly at 930 am fly into Orlando at Noon on 10/1, and then depart at 150 in the afternoon on 10/7.

Those times are good...other than I am wondering about needing to leave at 330 am on the day we depart to make it to the airport on time. Get trough security with 4 kids and board . Kids ages 3-7 .

Our wish coordinator said we will get are packet 2 weeks before are trip . We have a small car and with luggage we will not all fit . They said they can do transportation but then what do i do with the kids car seats till we get back ?

Trying to decide if we should drive over the night before and get a hotel room though..

When they provide transportation how soon before your flight do they get you to the air port ?

John's wish trip

Old 07-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #1405
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerch View Post
Got our our flight times!! I am excited that we leave Philly at 930 am fly into Orlando at Noon on 10/1, and then depart at 150 in the afternoon on 10/7.

Those times are good...other than I am wondering about needing to leave at 330 am on the day we depart to make it to the airport on time. Get trough security with 4 kids and board . Kids ages 3-7 .

Our wish coordinator said we will get are packet 2 weeks before are trip . We have a small car and with luggage we will not all fit . They said they can do transportation but then what do i do with the kids car seats till we get back ?

Trying to decide if we should drive over the night before and get a hotel room though..

When they provide transportation how soon before your flight do they get you to the air port ?
I would assume that they would get you there about 2 hours before the flight, so that you have plenty of time to get through security and make it to your gate.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #1406
Rx774
Mouseketeer

A wise person once said.. "Waiting is the hardest part..."

The wait is killing us, to see if we can get this wish cruise in by Mid-August. Its tough, and i know they are doing their best to fit us in if its possible. We are just over-anxious, because of the narrow timeline. If it has to be postponed to our second choice dates, that would be unfortunate, but understandable given the circumstances.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #1407
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx774 View Post
A wise person once said.. "Waiting is the hardest part..."

The wait is killing us, to see if we can get this wish cruise in by Mid-August. Its tough, and i know they are doing their best to fit us in if its possible. We are just over-anxious, because of the narrow timeline. If it has to be postponed to our second choice dates, that would be unfortunate, but understandable given the circumstances.
We just had our meeting to see if my son can go to Disney in October and I am also anxious to hear back. I think it is in our natures (Moms). Hang in there. If those dates dont work out there is some divine reason it was not meant to be. Well atleast thats what I tell myself anyway

Gavin's PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45494569
gavandgraciesmommy.blogspot.com
Old 07-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #1408
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Need some other mommy advice

So I know this is a little premature but I am crazy about planning.... We always have a big birthday party for my kids because their birthdays are only a week apart. My nephew's birthday is also three days after Gavin's so we typically just have one big party together. We were planning it for the day before Gavin's proposed departure date for his wish (I know crazy but this date was already planned and reserved before we knew Gavin would get a wish). My question is--- Would it be rude to make a suggestion in his invitations to consider giving him gift cards/ money to use at Disney instead of gifts? The problem is every year I get about a million calls asking what to get Gavin because due to his limited cognition/ autism he is very very picky on what he will play with and most of the time people end up getting him things that just sit around. I do not want to be rude though of course. My mom said to go ahead and put something in the card because everyone is family and would understand. Just thought I would ask some of other parents what they thought.

Gavin's PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45494569
gavandgraciesmommy.blogspot.com
Old 07-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #1409
Rx774
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We just had our meeting to see if my son can go to Disney in October and I am also anxious to hear back. I think it is in our natures (Moms). Hang in there. If those dates dont work out there is some divine reason it was not meant to be. Well atleast thats what I tell myself anyway

It doesn't help when we look at numerous Youtube videos of folks enjoying themselves on the cruise.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #1410
sarsop524
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So I know this is a little premature but I am crazy about planning.... We always have a big birthday party for my kids because their birthdays are only a week apart. My nephew's birthday is also three days after Gavin's so we typically just have one big party together. We were planning it for the day before Gavin's proposed departure date for his wish (I know crazy but this date was already planned and reserved before we knew Gavin would get a wish). My question is--- Would it be rude to make a suggestion in his invitations to consider giving him gift cards/ money to use at Disney instead of gifts? The problem is every year I get about a million calls asking what to get Gavin because due to his limited cognition/ autism he is very very picky on what he will play with and most of the time people end up getting him things that just sit around. I do not want to be rude though of course. My mom said to go ahead and put something in the card because everyone is family and would understand. Just thought I would ask some of other parents what they thought.
I do not think that would be rude at all. I get the same questions all the time with my daughter also, she is eight...but cognitively a bit younger! This way they will all know that the gifts will be greatly appreciated and definitely enjoyed

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....sarahs+maw+ptr

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: