Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #1111
roach3770
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelittlebakers View Post
I have a question. I know a lot of families leave the parks for the parties at the village. I want to do them but then you miss out on the night parade and fireworks at Disney parks. I could see leaving early when we are at Universal Studios but for Disney parades and fireworks. That is a hard choice, considering everyone who has gone goes to most of the parties.
We just picked the most important ones and asked Mackenzie which ones she wanted to do. She wanted to do Candy Land which was a blast and they had carnival games, cotton candy, and snow cones. She wanted to do Halloween because she was in the hospital and didn't get to trick or treat last year. She wanted to do the Big Splash Bash but that was our least favorite. It was hamburgers and hot dogs by the pool with a few games but could have done without that since she loves to swim on her own and we did that every day. She loved Christmas and I would encourage you to do that one if time allows. They make the kids feel really special and they all get to pick out gifts from Santa, decorate cookies, there is a Christmas parade, a craft, the dinner is a nice holiday meal with turnkey and all the trimmings. We did Village Idol but that too unless your kids really like performing isn't a must do but it did bring tears to our eyes to see all of the kids perform their talents. The princess and pirate party was fun too! We left before Mayor Clayton's birthday party but we got to all of her must do's. We were able to do the Magic Kingdom parade, Wishes, and fireworks after the Candy Land Party. We just made sure that we came back in enough time to get naps and dinner, did the Candy Land and then went back to the park for the evening. That night it was open until 2 am but we stay until about midnight. We also did the evenings parade, etc. again on one of the nights we didn't do the party because Mackenzie wanted to see it again.

There is so much to do that you just have to figure out what works best for your family and do the things that are important to your kids. We have seen Fantasmic and the Epcot night show before and while they are good my kids didn't think they were a must do and wanted to do some of the other things more.

No matter what you decide you can't go wrong and you will have an amazing time!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #1112
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach3770 View Post
We just picked the most important ones and asked Mackenzie which ones she wanted to do. She wanted to do Candy Land which was a blast and they had carnival games, cotton candy, and snow cones. She wanted to do Halloween because she was in the hospital and didn't get to trick or treat last year. She wanted to do the Big Splash Bash but that was our least favorite. It was hamburgers and hot dogs by the pool with a few games but could have done without that since she loves to swim on her own and we did that every day. She loved Christmas and I would encourage you to do that one if time allows. They make the kids feel really special and they all get to pick out gifts from Santa, decorate cookies, there is a Christmas parade, a craft, the dinner is a nice holiday meal with turnkey and all the trimmings. We did Village Idol but that too unless your kids really like performing isn't a must do but it did bring tears to our eyes to see all of the kids perform their talents. The princess and pirate party was fun too! We left before Mayor Clayton's birthday party but we got to all of her must do's. We were able to do the Magic Kingdom parade, Wishes, and fireworks after the Candy Land Party. We just made sure that we came back in enough time to get naps and dinner, did the Candy Land and then went back to the park for the evening. That night it was open until 2 am but we stay until about midnight. We also did the evenings parade, etc. again on one of the nights we didn't do the party because Mackenzie wanted to see it again.

There is so much to do that you just have to figure out what works best for your family and do the things that are important to your kids. We have seen Fantasmic and the Epcot night show before and while they are good my kids didn't think they were a must do and wanted to do some of the other things more.

No matter what you decide you can't go wrong and you will have an amazing time!
Is Fantasmic a worth wild show or do you recommend christmas night at the village. Getting presents are nice but i waste so much money on toys every years. Matthew and Emmy play with there imagination then toys. Do you think 4 and 5 year would like Fantasmic or Christmas at village. It so hard to choose. Ugh

http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=398687

Matt Sr. Alicia Emerald (5)use: Matthew Jr. (4)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #1113
roach3770
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Is Fantasmic a worth wild show or do you recommend christmas night at the village. Getting presents are nice but i waste so much money on toys every years. Matthew and Emmy play with there imagination then toys. Do you think 4 and 5 year would like Fantasmic or Christmas at village. It so hard to choose. Ugh
It is hard to choose. My girls like Fantasmic. There are lasers, quite a few of the characters come out on a boat at the end,there are a few fireworks and they project things onto water that sprays up. It is a very good show but there is a part that has villians that try to take over. Some of the younger kids got scared and were crying but it is really up to your kids.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #1114
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In all honesty, I wouldn't leave the park early for the party. Don't get me wrong... the ones we went to were fun ... but we just happened to be there those nights. Like the Christmas party is mainly getting to see Santa and choosing a present. Then there's some crafts and cocoa .. but the boys got bored and we left the party early. it was fun that they had Christmas music playing (all day) and we met Mrs Clause .. but I wouldn't have wanted to miss a park specialty to attend. That's just my honest opinion .. others may feel differently. I think younger kids may have more fun at the parties than older ones ... mine are 7 and got bored and wanted to go back to the villa to play !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 04-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #1115
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I second the fact of understanding you will NOT be able to do it all. My children were ages 8 to 21 when we were at GKTW and even my older ones found ways to truly enjoy themselves. You will not be an overnight guest at GKTW ever again (unless more than one of your children are eligible for a wish trip). Our philosophy was to enjoy as much of it as we could...were we there for every party? Absolutely not, but we tend to have fun wherever we go and whatever we do...so we did enjoy ourselves when we were at the parties. My opinion, Mayor Clayton's BD was our least favorite, not much going on. LOVED Christmas, riding the carriage ride, seeing Santa and getting our pics made, dancing in the streets. It was our arrival day and weren't hitting the parks anyway! We also LOVED Halloween, loads of fun. Read as many TR's as you can, learn the schedule, make a tentative plan and KNOW your plans might change! You know your children/family better than anyone else!

Speaking of fun, more excitement happened for Lisa at DHS if you want to read the latest update.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #1116
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer

i probably will go with the flow. If we happen to be at the village for one of their parties we will go if not oh well. I have to keep reminding myself its a vacations of a life time just have fun.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #1117
Kenziema
Mouseketeer

For Kenzie I know a few of the party's she will love, Xmas, pirates and princesses, Halloween. I also know she loves fireworks so we will do 2 nights at Disney and the rest at GKTW. However I would say I depended on why your family prefers.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #1118
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer

I started packing last night for the trip and its over filled. I don't know if i over packed or its just enough. I don't know if i should of packed enough cloths for every day or just bring few and then do a load of wash down there. I like everything i bought to wear for me, hubby, and kids. I had to discard at least two outfits because i bought too many outfits for the summer. I don't know if i am packing things right.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #1119
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

I'd have to agree on the parties, my kids liked them, but if you're having a good time at the park, don't leave for those.

We were always home early enough each night to go.

But my favorite of them all was the Pirates & Princess Party and I think the kids loved it the most too.

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

2001, Disney Sea 2002, Animal Kingdom 2002, MK 2010, GKTW MAW 2012
Old 04-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #1120
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I started packing last night for the trip and its over filled. I don't know if i over packed or its just enough. I don't know if i should of packed enough cloths for every day or just bring few and then do a load of wash down there. I like everything i bought to wear for me, hubby, and kids. I had to discard at least two outfits because i bought too many outfits for the summer. I don't know if i am packing things right.
I did 3 loads of laundry when we were there ! It was SO nice to not have a ton of dirty laundry to take with us. The boys had tons of outfits but I had to re-wear a few things since I didn't bring as many outfits for myself and my oldest son. But we also extended our trip and needed more outfits than for just the 5 days.
We never wore long pants or sweaters the whole trip. We even wore shorts to and from the airport and just took along hoodies but never used them.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 04-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #1121
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

You can get Aquatica Tickets at GKTW.

EMH do not apply to Wish Families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom04 View Post
Hi all,

A little back story on us. We have been to GKTW several years ago with our oldest son. We will be going back this summer with our almost 3 year old daughter. We had an amazing time with my son, and feel both happy and sad that we are going again. Happy we get to experience it, sad our baby girl is also terminal.

The only negative with our first trip was that I felt so overwhelmed with so much to do. I wanted to be at the parks, but I also wanted to stay at GKTW to partake in all they had to offer. We are thinking of extending our trip by a couple of days. Is it possible to use the tickets GKTW issues you after you check out? For example while we are at GKTW, hang out there for a couple of days... And when we move to another resort use the tickets that were given to us by GKTW? KMIM?

A couple of other questions:

Is it possible to get Aquatica tickets? Without trading in your SeaWorld tickets? Yes, you can get Aquatica tickets

Are we eligible for morning EMH? I know this is really early, but I am thinking in the middle of the summer it will be worth it to get everybody up early to hit the parks before the crowds and the heat set in. EMH does not apply to wish families

I know I have other questions, just can't think of them now.

I am really enjoying reading through this thread.

Thanks for all the information,

Jean

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 04-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #1122
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

That will probably vary from chapter to chapter, but our wish chapter made our reservation for CRT and it was paid for in advance, but the money came out of our expense check.

More than likely you'll have to pay out of your expense check for these extra things, I'm assuming they'll cover one for and probably make the reservations if you asked.

And FYI, our expense check was enough to do these kinds of things if we ate cheaper. Because its more geared for food than anything else, at least ours was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
We met with Alyssa's MAW granters and are waiting on dates! We chose Nov 10-18, and we hope to do CRT, BBB, and MVMCP. Does anyone know if MAW will schedule CRT and BBB for us, or do they just include money for this in the expense check and I have to book it? Thanks for any info!!

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 04-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #1123
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
I washed EVERY night...and we brought a lot of clothes, but we extended our trip four days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
EMH do not apply to Wish Families.

I wouldn't COUNT on EMH; however, there have been reports of SOME wish families being able to enjoy them, it really just seemed to depend on the CM they asked...but it is NOT part of the GKTW perks. We couldn't have done that anyway, Lisa is/was much too frail to spend a lot of time at the parks. Again, it really depends on your family and how sick your child is, as to what you are able to do. Lisa needed a LOT of downtime and GKTW was perfect for that!

I wanted to comment on Wish Expense Checks...they vary widely from one chapter to the next. Our chapter would pay for ONE "Extra" ie: BBB, CRT, etc. OR they would allow you one "experience" ie: meet a special character, do something you couldn't buy....Lisa chose the experience, because we could never, EVER arrange what the Wish Chapter did...
Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #1124
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer

Everything is pretty much packed except for a few toiletries and matthew's feeding machine charger (would i be able to bring charger cord in my carry on). I just don't want to get in trouble with TSA.

We are just counting down the hours.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #1125
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I washed EVERY night...and we brought a lot of clothes, but we extended our trip four days.

I wouldn't COUNT on EMH; however, there have been reports of SOME wish families being able to enjoy them, it really just seemed to depend on the CM they asked...but it is NOT part of the GKTW perks. We couldn't have done that anyway, Lisa is/was much too frail to spend a lot of time at the parks. Again, it really depends on your family and how sick your child is, as to what you are able to do. Lisa needed a LOT of downtime and GKTW was perfect for that!

I wanted to comment on Wish Expense Checks...they vary widely from one chapter to the next. Our chapter would pay for ONE "Extra" ie: BBB, CRT, etc. OR they would allow you one "experience" ie: meet a special character, do something you couldn't buy....Lisa chose the experience, because we could never, EVER arrange what the Wish Chapter did...
Our wish chapter just gives you a big expense check. They didn't arrange anything extra or have an experience. I wish they did. I asked but i got turned down when i asked them.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: