Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #1096
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer
 
threelittlebakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 91

Yeah for your dates
__________________
Matthew's Make a Wish Pre Trip Report!!!
I would love any advise please visit my thread

http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=398687

Matt Sr. Alicia Emerald (5)use: Matthew Jr. (4)
threelittlebakers is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #1097
Kenziema
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
Just got a call from our wish granter and we have dates!!!!!! We are booked at GKTW for Nov 10-16th! We are planning to extend our trip until the 18th!
Horray for dates, do the kids know when your going or are you gonna surprise them?
__________________
Me DH DD( wish princess)
Kenzie's PTR
Kenziema is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #1098
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer
 
threelittlebakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenziema View Post
We don't even have our dates yet and I'm going nuts thinking about, the plans I have to make, the clothes we have to get, ugh. I don't think I could make it 11 months, especially since Kenzie keeps looking out the window for the plane that's gonna take us to the princess. I just followed the info on the 1st page for posting pictures using photobucket.
I don't know how I made it either. My kids ask me every time Disney commercial came on they would ask when we are going. The only reason we waited so long is I didn't have money to buy luggage or get cloths for everyone. We finally got approved late summer and I had both kids birthdays and the holidays I just didn't have the money. I also wanted to go when the weather is just right. If I could go back I would of chose February instead.
__________________
Matthew's Make a Wish Pre Trip Report!!!
I would love any advise please visit my thread

http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=398687

Matt Sr. Alicia Emerald (5)use: Matthew Jr. (4)
threelittlebakers is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #1099
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran
 
Moodyzblu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 1,571

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
Just keep in mind that there are wish lounges in MK and Epcot that your family will be able to use. That way, you can get out of the crowds and heat and relax a bit.
Right ! I have to say .. EPCOT's VIP lounge was AWESOME ! You have to go visit, even for just a few minutes. You can freshen up and get soft drinks.
__________________
Michelle ... Single Mom to:Jayden(9) Jesse(9)
Jaymee (27) Jillianne (25) Jeremy (22)

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #1100
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer
 
threelittlebakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 91

Has any one been to seaworld aquatica water park
__________________
Matthew's Make a Wish Pre Trip Report!!!
I would love any advise please visit my thread

http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=398687

Matt Sr. Alicia Emerald (5)use: Matthew Jr. (4)
threelittlebakers is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #1101
mom2pixies
DIS Veteran
 
mom2pixies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 695

I have been away from you DISfriends for much too long! I apologize for that--just haven't had the time to sit at the computer much lately. Hope to change it soon!

In the meantime, just wanted to wish all of you--and your tiny royalty--an amazing National Princess Week!! Hope all of your princesses are living out their little Disney dreams!
mom2pixies is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #1102
jon03015
Mouseketeer
 
jon03015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelittlebakers View Post
Oh i definitly will. i will have to have my husband post all the pictures. i have no clue on how to post pics. I feel like screaming. Today went so slow and tomorrow i have to work. We have been waiting for this trip for 11 months. I know others who have waited longer and i don't know how they did it but i am going crazy.
We met with Austin's Wish Granters last March and will not go till January of next year!!! LOL! But since we first met our Wish Granters Austin had a kidney transplant and he has some heat aversion so we wanted to wait for the cooler months and a good time for my hubby's work. So when all is said and done it will be a two year process. So long, but since we have so long to prepare I get to read up on what all you wonderful families do on your trip and glean knwoledge from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
Just got a call from our wish granter and we have dates!!!!!! We are booked at GKTW for Nov 10-16th! We are planning to extend our trip until the 18th!
YEAH!!!! Love that! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2pixies View Post
I have been away from you DISfriends for much too long! I apologize for that--just haven't had the time to sit at the computer much lately. Hope to change it soon!

In the meantime, just wanted to wish all of you--and your tiny royalty--an amazing National Princess Week!! Hope all of your princesses are living out their little Disney dreams!
Happy Princess Week to you too!!!
__________________
Kidney's don't go to heaven...be a donor!
Me Dad Austin, Wish Boy Emma
My Best Friends! jon03015 (Austin) Wish Trip! Dates TBA MAW/GKTW
jon03015 is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #1103
roach3770
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Jackson Twp, Ohio
Posts: 29

Just returned from Mackenzie's MAW trip

All of you who will be going are in for such a treat! We had such a wonderful time. We only wish it could have been longer and are sad that it is over. We have so many precious memories and we will be forever greatful for that. For those of you that will be traveling soon, make sure that you take the time to enjoy the activies at GKTW. Mackenzie loved it there and would have been content not leaving there all week. She wanted to do the parties every evening and loves to swim so we made sure to make time for that. The guest assistance pass make it very doable to do the parks during the day and came back late afternoon to enjoy the evening activities. We normally ate breakfast first thing around 8 or 8:30 and tried to be to the parks as close to 9 or 9:30. We bought waters and snacks from Wal Mart to eat at the parks and then usually returned around 5 to get in a quick swim and eat dinner before the evening parties.

The parties all had music and Mackenzie had been in ballet and dance since she was 2 and loved dancing. She had auditioned and got chosen for the Nut Cracker the week before being diagnosed with her brain tumor. That was the hardes thing for her was when she realized that she would not be in the ballet. The doctors weren't sure that she'd be able to walk again let alone dance. She has not danced or had the desire to dance since the surgery. Even when we encouraged her to do so she had just lost her passion for it. This past week she danced every night and didn't care what anyone thought. She was the life of every party and danced from the start of the music to the very last song every night. It was so wonderful to see her dance, have fun and be an 8 year old little girl again with no doctors appointments, rehab or tutoring.

The parks are wonderful and we had the best treatment and they just tret the kids so special when they see their GKTW badge. Don't be afraid to use it and show it to the CM's. If they can help with anything they will!
roach3770 is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 05:19 AM   #1104
Kenziema
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach3770 View Post
All of you who will be going are in for such a treat! We had such a wonderful time. We only wish it could have been longer and are sad that it is over. We have so many precious memories and we will be forever greatful for that. For those of you that will be traveling soon, make sure that you take the time to enjoy the activies at GKTW. Mackenzie loved it there and would have been content not leaving there all week. She wanted to do the parties every evening and loves to swim so we made sure to make time for that. The guest assistance pass make it very doable to do the parks during the day and came back late afternoon to enjoy the evening activities. We normally ate breakfast first thing around 8 or 8:30 and tried to be to the parks as close to 9 or 9:30. We bought waters and snacks from Wal Mart to eat at the parks and then usually returned around 5 to get in a quick swim and eat dinner before the evening parties.

The parties all had music and Mackenzie had been in ballet and dance since she was 2 and loved dancing. She had auditioned and got chosen for the Nut Cracker the week before being diagnosed with her brain tumor. That was the hardes thing for her was when she realized that she would not be in the ballet. The doctors weren't sure that she'd be able to walk again let alone dance. She has not danced or had the desire to dance since the surgery. Even when we encouraged her to do so she had just lost her passion for it. This past week she danced every night and didn't care what anyone thought. She was the life of every party and danced from the start of the music to the very last song every night. It was so wonderful to see her dance, have fun and be an 8 year old little girl again with no doctors appointments, rehab or tutoring.

The parks are wonderful and we had the best treatment and they just tret the kids so special when they see their GKTW badge. Don't be afraid to use it and show it to the CM's. If they can help with anything they will!
There must have been tears in your eyes when you saw her dancing, I started crying just reading that. I'm so glad you guys had a blast and your Lil Mac got a break.
__________________
Me DH DD( wish princess)
Kenzie's PTR
Kenziema is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #1105
Kenziema
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelittlebakers View Post
I don't know how I made it either. My kids ask me every time Disney commercial came on they would ask when we are going. The only reason we waited so long is I didn't have money to buy luggage or get cloths for everyone. We finally got approved late summer and I had both kids birthdays and the holidays I just didn't have the money. I also wanted to go when the weather is just right. If I could go back I would of chose February instead.
The weather should be great right now, and better yet the kids will be able to enjoy the pool. That's the only thing I'm thinking about now as Kenzie just loves the pool in my sisters building. Only 3 more days!!!
__________________
Me DH DD( wish princess)
Kenzie's PTR
Kenziema is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #1106
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.
 
blessedmom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.
Posts: 4,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Right ! I have to say .. EPCOT's VIP lounge was AWESOME ! You have to go visit, even for just a few minutes. You can freshen up and get soft drinks.
We LOVED both wish lounges...but there was more to do at the EPCOT lounge...we had a blast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2pixies View Post
I have been away from you DISfriends for much too long! I apologize for that--just haven't had the time to sit at the computer much lately. Hope to change it soon!

In the meantime, just wanted to wish all of you--and your tiny royalty--an amazing National Princess Week!! Hope all of your princesses are living out their little Disney dreams!
Happy Princess week (googled it to see Target of all things ) You have been missed (as you saw on your TR). Life gets in the way when you get back from a Wish trip...and we understand. I love seeing my past friends sign in though...and Maroo, if you see this..YOU ARE MISSED!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by threelittlebakers View Post
Has any one been to seaworld aquatica water park
We have NOT been...BUT, the price for Wish Families is right (FREE TICKETS for those who don't know).
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach3770 View Post
We only wish it could have been longer and are sad that it is over. We have so many precious memories and we will be forever greatful for that.
We know those feelings!
For those of you that will be traveling soon, make sure that you take the time to enjoy the activies at GKTW.
That IS the best piece of advice, that you hear from all returning families!

It was so wonderful to see her dance, have fun and be an 8 year old little girl again with no doctors appointments, rehab or tutoring.
That brought tears to my eyes! PRICELESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenziema View Post
The weather should be great right now, and better yet the kids will be able to enjoy the pool. That's the only thing I'm thinking about now as Kenzie just loves the pool in my sisters building. Only 3 more days!!!
Tim and his daughter swam in December DIDN'T you Tim??? And he noticed the cold water/weather...Juliana??? I don't think it bothered her!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
Just got a call from our wish granter and we have dates!!!!!! We are booked at GKTW for Nov 10-16th! We are planning to extend our trip until the 18th!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Last edited by blessedmom4; 04-26-2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: TYpo Queen
blessedmom4 is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #1107
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer
 
alyssaswish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dunn, NC
Posts: 116

Thanks for all of the congratulations! Now I am trying to add my ticker.


Ok, finally figured it out.
__________________

Last edited by alyssaswish; 04-26-2012 at 09:08 AM.
alyssaswish is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #1108
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer
 
threelittlebakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach3770 View Post
All of you who will be going are in for such a treat! We had such a wonderful time. We only wish it could have been longer and are sad that it is over. We have so many precious memories and we will be forever greatful for that. For those of you that will be traveling soon, make sure that you take the time to enjoy the activies at GKTW. Mackenzie loved it there and would have been content not leaving there all week. She wanted to do the parties every evening and loves to swim so we made sure to make time for that. The guest assistance pass make it very doable to do the parks during the day and came back late afternoon to enjoy the evening activities. We normally ate breakfast first thing around 8 or 8:30 and tried to be to the parks as close to 9 or 9:30. We bought waters and snacks from Wal Mart to eat at the parks and then usually returned around 5 to get in a quick swim and eat dinner before the evening parties.

The parties all had music and Mackenzie had been in ballet and dance since she was 2 and loved dancing. She had auditioned and got chosen for the Nut Cracker the week before being diagnosed with her brain tumor. That was the hardes thing for her was when she realized that she would not be in the ballet. The doctors weren't sure that she'd be able to walk again let alone dance. She has not danced or had the desire to dance since the surgery. Even when we encouraged her to do so she had just lost her passion for it. This past week she danced every night and didn't care what anyone thought. She was the life of every party and danced from the start of the music to the very last song every night. It was so wonderful to see her dance, have fun and be an 8 year old little girl again with no doctors appointments, rehab or tutoring.

The parks are wonderful and we had the best treatment and they just tret the kids so special when they see their GKTW badge. Don't be afraid to use it and show it to the CM's. If they can help with anything they will!
That touched my heart. As Make a Wish says "Share the power of a Wish". I so can't wait to see Matthew be full of excitement.
__________________
Matthew's Make a Wish Pre Trip Report!!!
I would love any advise please visit my thread

http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=398687

Matt Sr. Alicia Emerald (5)use: Matthew Jr. (4)
threelittlebakers is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #1109
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer
 
threelittlebakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 91

I have a question. I know a lot of families leave the parks for the parties at the village. I want to do them but then you miss out on the night parade and fireworks at Disney parks. I could see leaving early when we are at Universal Studios but for Disney parades and fireworks. That is a hard choice, considering everyone who has gone goes to most of the parties.
__________________
Matthew's Make a Wish Pre Trip Report!!!
I would love any advise please visit my thread

http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=398687

Matt Sr. Alicia Emerald (5)use: Matthew Jr. (4)
threelittlebakers is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #1110
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer
 
threelittlebakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 91

We are definitly doing Candy land night. Possibly do the Halloween party and maybe pirate and princess night. I don't know about Christmas night. We are going to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios that day so i guess we see about Christmas night because the kids would love it.
__________________
Matthew's Make a Wish Pre Trip Report!!!
I would love any advise please visit my thread

http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=398687

Matt Sr. Alicia Emerald (5)use: Matthew Jr. (4)
threelittlebakers is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: