Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 02:43 AM   #76
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilyswish View Post
It was about 20 minutes or so to the Disney parks. We did not go to Seaworld.
AIMEE!!!!! How wonderful to see you back! Thank you for confirming some of what I posted! Do you have any other tidbits to share? We leave in ONE WEEK and I need something to perk me up and don't want to miss anything if we can help it! We have lots of down time planned; because Lisa can't over exert. For those that don't know we will be heading back to Philadelphia November 5 for another cardiac cath (we will be inpatient at least 7 days, probably longer, due to her coumadin). The results will determine if Open Heart Surgery number 4 can't wait any longer. Our prayer is she CAN wait, she needs to be much larger to get a bigger mitral valve; however, her pulmonary stenosis has gotten worse and we might not have any other choice. Due to her Coronary artery injury she isn't a candidate to have it fixed via cardiac cath. I am having a hard time being excited about the trip, with all that is going on. The good news is, the younger three have no idea of what will be happening after our trip...and I have no idea what accommodations we are making for Rachel and David while we are out of town. Some prayers and would be appreciated!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:02 AM   #77
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarrity View Post
No, we do not have one. I really do not know that much about them. I have a net book that I am planning to take to the hospital.

She plays the Disney webpage non stop. I thought someone might have ideas for other sites.
I am incredibly sorry for the latest health challenges! Lisa likes different sites at different times, depending on her mood...she enjoys build a bear, whyville, nickelodeon, club penguin. I just heard of puzzlepriates and stardoll; however, have not had time to check them out. There is another website Lisa enjoys; however, my mind is drawing a blank. She LOVES playing the ipad at the hematology clinic; however, we don't have one either.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2011, 03:11 AM   #78
blessedmom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelittlebakers View Post
Matthew is getting sick. His bark cough started up and he is all congested. We are waiting for his doctor to send a new prescription in so he can get his nebulizer treatments. His lungs were clear all summer for once and know its starting to sound course. Then the ear infections will start up and so on. The season i dread the most fall and winter.
I hope Matthew feels better soon! I am so with you on the germs of the seasons! Definitely not good for our already compromised children!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:12 AM   #79
blessedmom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danut View Post
I am so sorry it has been so long since I posted. Life has just been absolutely crazy. RIght now I am sick and so are 3 of the kids. Hoping that we are all better soon because we leave in 6 days!!! I cannot believe it. I don't know how everything came up so quick Anyway, this is what we are planning.....any thoughts would be appreciated

OCT 9th
ARRIVE at lunchtime
Orientation 7:45pm
Just enjoy GKTW

OCT 10
Magic Kingdom for K Birthday (9am-7pm)
Bibbidi Bobbido Boutique?
MK closes at 7pm, Cake? Back to GKTW to swim?

OCT 11
Hollywood Studios (Open 9am-8pm)
Epcot Open (Open 9am-9pm)

OCT 12
Magic Kingdom- Brendan Sets off Fireworks Day
Epcot in the am.....Open 9am -9pm)
Then Magic Kingdom until close (10pm)

OCT 13
Universal Studios (open from 9am-7pm)
Islands of Adventure (open from 9am-7pm)
GKTW Christmas Party (Definite)

OCT 14
Seaworld - get there at open (open 9-6pm)
Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure (open 9-8)
GKTW Pirate and Princess Party (Possibly)

OCT 15
Breakfast and GKTW Pony Rides if time?
Depart

Also, does anyone have any ideas on what we mus do. My kids are almost 6, 7, 10 and 12) Also, is there anything you wish you would have brought and didn't or brought and didn't use? Thanks so much!!!
EXCITING plans! I do hope you are all feeling MUCH better...you leave in THREE days!!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:20 AM   #80
blessedmom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
There are four or five different stations with different activities and crafts. I was there last night and my station was cars themed, so we had a sheriff's car, a fire truck, and a race car that kids could learn about and get inside of. There is also lots of trick or treating spots as well. Mayor Clayton and Ms. Merry will be there and all of the volunteers are in costume.
That sounds like fun! I have another question...long ago when I first started planning (and that was over a year ago) we read about a teen night at GKTW. My recently turned teen daughter asked me last night if they still had teen night at GKTW (seems like it was on Sunday night maybe). Do they still do something like that? Thank you for any response you have on that!

Also newdrama...are you working anytime October 13 to October19? How about you thelurker? (I think you work the carousel on Wednesday mornings if I remember correctly).
Old 10-06-2011, 03:31 AM   #81
blessedmom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
MapQuest says 40 miles from GKTW to Legoland and 51 minutes. Being local, and having been to Legoland last month, I would say that the 51 minutes is with no other traffic on the road and all traffic lights green when you come to them. I would say that 1 hours would be more likely.

Also, I earlier posted information here about some access at Legoland. After I go to the Annual Passholder's first Preview Day next Monday I will post a lot more information. And Sue has told me she will post a link to my thread in the sticky.
Cheshire Figment, I have a question for you please. I remember reading (unless I dreamed it, which is quite possible) that you work the water parks and if you (and other cast members) see a Wish Family you will wave them through the line without having to pay...is that correct? Do you have any tips of how/where to display the button to try and make that happen? Lisa told me yesterday she "really, really wants to go to Blizzard Beach."
Old 10-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #82
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

Also newdrama...are you working anytime October 13 to October19? How about you thelurker? (I think you work the carousel on Wednesday mornings if I remember correctly).
I will be there on Oct. 17 and 19th.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #83
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Cheshire Figment, I have a question for you please. I remember reading (unless I dreamed it, which is quite possible) that you work the water parks and if you (and other cast members) see a Wish Family you will wave them through the line without having to pay...is that correct? Do you have any tips of how/where to display the button to try and make that happen? Lisa told me yesterday she "really, really wants to go to Blizzard Beach."
Technically this is not an official policy. However, I know that our normal procedure when a family with GKTW and MAW identification come up to the gates we will let them in. I know that one time a family came to my ticket window to buy tickets and I just told them to go to the gate.

Just ask at the Gate; if the greeter does not let you in go over to a Guest Relations window and ask.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 10-06-2011, 07:13 AM   #84
sgarrity
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
Webkinz if fun! You can spend a lot of time on that site (um I have heard ). Ok I have a webkinz LOL.

There is also a Disney faries site where you can create your own fairy and play games.
Yes we have had webkinz. That is a great idea! She would love the Disney fairies site as well. She has played the Disney website forever.

Our Pretrip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post40707717

http://disbiggive.proboards.com/index.cgi
Old 10-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #85
wishin' on a star
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarrity View Post
Yes we have had webkinz. That is a great idea! She would love the Disney fairies site as well. She has played the Disney website forever.
My kiddos love Moshi Monsters and Poptropica as well as Club Penguin.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #86
dancingdiva31
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the welcome! I got sucked in last night with all of the information and didn't get to bed until 2AM! Not good for an already sleep deprived mom, but I am just so excited! Are you going to MNSSHP? Have you already bought tickets for it yet? It is hard to decided what to do!

We are definitely spending one day at the Kennedy Space Center as Jared LOVES space! Part of his wish was that he wanted to "go to space with MOM"! I'm not sure how to make that part of his wish happen but I figured that the Space Center would be the place to try!

Mom. Dad (Jeff), Tyler (13) , Alyssa (10) Jared (MAW Kid) 6

Last edited by dancingdiva31; 10-06-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #87
katieb4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingdiva31 View Post
Thank you for the welcome! I got sucked in last night with all of the information and didn't get to bed until 2AM! Not good for an already sleep deprived mom, but I am just so excited! Are you going to MNSSHP? Have you already bought tickets for it yet? It is hard to decided what to do!

We are definitely spending one day at the Kennedy Space Center as Jared LOVES space! Part of his wish was that he wanted to "go to space with MOM"! I'm not sure how to make that part of his wish happen but I figured that the Space Center would be the place to try!
We are not going to the MNSSHP, but Blessedmom4 is. We are going to go to Seaworld on Sunday as Seaworld has a special Halloween event. Its HARD to decide what to do, there is so much to do, and to truely enjoy GKTW as well!

We are going to go the beach one day as none of my kids have seen the ocean. They are very excited about that. We are also going to try to get a ride on an airboat on beach day. My son very much wants to do this, and Gabbie I'm thinking would love it. She is a fearless thrill seaker much like her big brother.

I think we're about 95% sure that we are going to skip Universal Studios. As fun as that might be, I think its geared just slightly more towards older kids, and as Gabbie isn't as into the characters there we're going to focus more on Disney. I personally want to go to Universal quite a bit, so hopefully we'll get to come back some day and do that!

Good luck on the planning!

Hubby Brian Jacob 12 Hannah 10 Sophia 6 Gabbie (MAWK) 4

Princess Gabbie's PTR Below!

http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=41135717

Old 10-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #88
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer

I am so excited hearing everyone's plans. Matthew's wish isn't until April so hearing everyone's trip keeps me from going insane. It's also so nice to hear how everyone trips went and seeing the happy photos of the wish children's dreams come true. I know i can't wait. I have been driving my husband crazy. I been pretty much planning everything he has only asked to dine at 50's Prime Time Cafe and Le Cellier Steakhouse and he definitely wants to go to WWoHP. everything else doesn't care. I know matthew wants to go on Dumbo ride he has a stuff Dumbo that we got for him two years ago that he carries every where. He wants to ride the Disney train and go in the Bone yard at AK and some roller coasters but i don't know who many considering he is only 38 and half inches. I hoping he grows at least another inch and a half. I have a rough itinerary but i keep changing it but I will have to make finalize one by the end of this month because i have to make restaurant reservations by October 17th. Does anyone know if you have to reserve seats for Three Broom Stick at Universal Studios. I will put the itinerary up in two weeks.

http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=398687

Matt Sr. Alicia Emerald (5)use: Matthew Jr. (4)
Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #89
Synovial
Mouseketeer

Smile

Just a little tip: go by the dollar tree and get some packs of cheap ponchos and take them with you everyday into the park, because although no rain is in the forecast, lots of times it rains anyway and you will be prepared and not have to buy one of the expensive ponchos in the park on the spur of the moment and besides the cheap ponchos don't take up much room in your pocket. 22 days until we're at Disneyworld! Synovial
Old 10-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #90
dancingdiva31
Earning My Ears

Harry Potter's Wizarding World

Has anyone heard much about Harry Potter's Wizarding World? My two older kids really want to go, but I'm not sure how Jared will do with it. Any tips? Also, we are going to spend a day at the Kennedy Space Center. Does anyone have any suggestions for visiting that?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: