Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #736
ALLMama
Earning My Ears

Beautiful pictures Kris! Continued prayers for Kylee and you that here recovery is as smooth as possible.

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month - I wear GOLD for Jacob.

Here we go again! 10th Anniversary PTR Leaving 9/27!

Jacob's MAW PTR - Leaving 2/23!

Old 02-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #737
melissa924
Earning My Ears

We made it!!! We are in Clearwater tonight going to GKTW tomorrow!!!

Joelle's PTR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #738
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

YAY! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa924 View Post
We made it!!! We are in Clearwater tonight going to GKTW tomorrow!!!

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

2001, Disney Sea 2002, Animal Kingdom 2002, MK 2010, GKTW MAW 2012
Old 02-06-2012, 02:59 AM   #739
Anderson05
Mouseketeer

So glad I found this forum! Its going to make planning our MAW WDW trip a blast seeing everyones reports and tip for planning. Cant wait!!

Mariska's PTR

Old 02-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #740
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson05 View Post
So glad I found this forum! Its going to make planning our MAW WDW trip a blast seeing everyones reports and tip for planning. Cant wait!!
This thread has tons of great info on the first few pages.

I'm going to do my best to do a great TR after we get back from our trip. We leave in 21 days! It's going by so quick. When we got Keira's dates we started at 47.

I don't have our days planned to the minute, but I've got a pretty good plan of what we'll be doing each day. I do have my meals planned though. Hopefully your Wish Coordinator can tell you how much to expect per meal, per person. Made it really easy for me. We're doing 6 ADR's on our trip, 4 character meals and 2 grown-up meals. LOL! Some quick service and we plan on eating dinner at the village 4 of the 6 nights we're there.

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 02-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #741
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if you can get tickets to Atlanta Braves spring training games from GKTW?

Spring training starts the last full day we're there. I love the Braves & DH loves the Tigers and they happen to be playing each other that day.

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 02-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #742
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Anyone know if you can get tickets to Atlanta Braves spring training games from GKTW?

Spring training starts the last full day we're there. I love the Braves & DH loves the Tigers and they happen to be playing each other that day.
I'm not sure if GKTW will get any or not. I will ask the manager on duty tomorrow night while I'm there. I doubt it though.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #743
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
I'm not sure if GKTW will get any or not. I will ask the manager on duty tomorrow night while I'm there. I doubt it though.
I figured it was a long shot, but if you find out that'd be great. We'll have to squeeze it in if we can get them.

Thank you! I appreciate it!

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 02-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #744
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to post here without going into too much detail. For those of you who remember MitoDadMO, please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow (Feb. 7th), it is Kade's birthday. I will be getting a rose and leaving it on his paver tomorrow. It's going to be rough.....
Old 02-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #745
jon03015
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
Just wanted to post here without going into too much detail. For those of you who remember MitoDadMO, please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow (Feb. 7th), it is Kade's birthday. I will be getting a rose and leaving it on his paver tomorrow. It's going to be rough.....
Their family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I could not imagine having to go through the things they have experienced. Hugs to them.

We are waiting for Austin's dates ( super excited!). We asked for some combination of the last 2 weeks of January 2013. They just need the form from the Dr to approve traveling then they will try and coordinate the dates. I will post them as soon as we get them!
Old 02-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #746
starienite
Mouseketeer

We get our luggage tomorrow! Now I can actually pack now and figure out what we are still short on. I can't handle little piles of this and that everywhere, because despite my best intentions they don't stay little piles of this and that and become scattered. I am not the most organized person so pray for me.

Devon's MAW PTR Departing February 16th!
The Most Awesome Trip Ever! This is Devon's MAW TR!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #747
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starienite View Post
We get our luggage tomorrow! Now I can actually pack now and figure out what we are still short on. I can't handle little piles of this and that everywhere, because despite my best intentions they don't stay little piles of this and that and become scattered. I am not the most organized person so pray for me.
I usually set the luggage out and opened a few days before and start tossing things in as I remember. I usually buy new packages of socks for the boys, I just love new socks ! Plus I start planning their outfits a few months before and like to match their outfits with the parks (and each other ).
Then I start going down the list .. toothpaste, ponchos, deodorant, sunblock, water wings .. etc
I also go through each day, morning you need soap, shampoo, conditioner, socks, underwear, pants, shirt .. etc .. until nighttime .. pj's, lotion .. you get the idea. I know it sounds weird .. but it really helps me to organize !
I think getting everything ready causes the most stress .. I start having weird dreams, like forgetting to pack, or forgetting my luggage .. weeks before we leave.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 02-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #748
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

LOL! I'm going to start packing this weekend I think. At least I'll be packed and I can get some things ready for the kids with the exception of the Big Give stuff they keep getting.

We'll be 2 weeks out on Monday, my son's birthday party is the Saturday before we leave, so I don't want to leave anything last minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starienite View Post

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 02-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #749
nesser1981
DIS Veteran

Those of you have been on a trip lately, did you get charged for your luggage by the Airline?

MAW provided us with $25 per bag, but I was wondering too, does that cover our bags for both ways if we have to pay? Should I set aside another $100 to cover our bags for the return trip?

I haven't flown in 3 years and i was in the Air Force the last time I did, so our bags were all covered.

Keira's MAW PTR

Keira's MAW TR

Old 02-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #750
starienite
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Those of you have been on a trip lately, did you get charged for your luggage by the Airline?

MAW provided us with $25 per bag, but I was wondering too, does that cover our bags for both ways if we have to pay? Should I set aside another $100 to cover our bags for the return trip?

I haven't flown in 3 years and i was in the Air Force the last time I did, so our bags were all covered.
What airline are you taking?
When in doubt, contact your chapter. If anything, your bags will be heavier on the way back with all the souvenirs you'll be bringing back.

Devon's MAW PTR Departing February 16th!
The Most Awesome Trip Ever! This is Devon's MAW TR!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: