Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #3661
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ
Can one of you families from down south please adopt me? I have shovelled the driveway 3 times today. We got 6 inches of snow over the weekend, and are in the midst of getting another 12 inches. WHERE IS SPRING?!?!?!?
Only if you adopt me in the summer, Mojave desert is miserable when its hot, but has very dry winters. We get all excited and shut down the freeways on our one day of snow per year (maybe 2 inches deep, LoL). Right now its perfect though.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #3662
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliasmom View Post
Only if you adopt me in the summer, Mojave desert is miserable when its hot, but has very dry winters. We get all excited and shut down the freeways on our one day of snow per year (maybe 2 inches deep, LoL). Right now its perfect though.
It's a deal. Our summer hits 86F maybe 3 or 4 days a year. It's fun though, because we also only get 4ish hours of dark.
I'm going to close my eyes, and think Florida thoughts, and try to remember that even though we've had a foot of snow in 18 hours at least we will never have to worry about a Tsunami or hurricane. Phew. I'll try to hold off complaining for awhile - unless we face a plague of locusts this summer. Then the complaining is back on.

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #3663
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2M07 View Post
We're not much better here in New England! Our winter has been INSANE! I keep thinking to myself "only 38 days until FL!" And I actually left Florida and moved to this madness!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
I moved here (Massachusetts) from Florida too .. what was I thinking ??
It's been such a horrid winter .. I am so ready for it to be over !
That's true, you have really gotten slammed this year. I don't think I could do your wet winters

37 days, 37 days, 37 days.....

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #3664
Oneplustwins
Mouseketeer

3 out 5 of us sick with strep. . I know almost a month out, but last fall we all had store and took almost 6 weeks to get it gone. Prayers for good health please......
Old 03-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #3665
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneplustwins View Post
3 out 5 of us sick with strep. . I know almost a month out, but last fall we all had store and took almost 6 weeks to get it gone. Prayers for good health please......
I am truly sorry! You have my prayers!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:12 AM   #3666
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu

This really bugs me .. I mean let the child enjoy this wonderful trip that is being offered to her. Even if you guys didn't do all the parks .. there is so much more to it than that. It's about being treated special and giving these kids special treatment. I sure hope you can discuss this with the Dr and convince him that this is something you want/need to do for your child. Lets us know how it goes ! (also, like a pp asked, what WOULD be appropriate ??)
So went to her palliative appointment today expecting to get the MAW thing on track, and our team was out for the day and sent in substitutes! Of all the visits to do that, sheesh! Ran the situation down to them as best we could and hoping for miracles. We can still get lucky!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #3667
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneplustwins
Yuck, prayers for all!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #3668
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ

It's a deal. Our summer hits 86F maybe 3 or 4 days a year. It's fun though, because we also only get 4ish hours of dark.
I'm going to close my eyes, and think Florida thoughts, and try to remember that even though we've had a foot of snow in 18 hours at least we will never have to worry about a Tsunami or hurricane. Phew. I'll try to hold off complaining for awhile - unless we face a plague of locusts this summer. Then the complaining is back on.
Sounds like a perfect summer! We get hurricane like wind ( but no water to worry about, just some sand). I'll take the occasional earthquake to what a lot of places get!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:37 AM   #3669
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneplustwins
Get better quick!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #3670
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliasmom
Sounds like a perfect summer! We get hurricane like wind ( but no water to worry about, just some sand). I'll take the occasional earthquake to what a lot of places get!
Hand shake. Deal. My FIL and most of his friends head your direction anyway. I keep telling him I fit into suitcases, but for some reason DH objects.

Bad sub team timing, but maybe they'll be more willing? Many WDW vibes heading your way!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #3671
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post
WHERE IS SPRING?!?!?!?
Isn't it crazy? We're supposed to get snow this weekend too, but not as much as you're getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
Tomorrow is the official 14 day mark until we leave!!! :cool1 :
Yay! So excited for you (as I panic that I still have so much to get done )

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post
I'll try to hold off complaining for awhile - unless we face a plague of locusts this summer. Then the complaining is back on.

Quote:
So sorry Praying those with strep recover very quickly, and that the others don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliasmom View Post
So went to her palliative appointment today expecting to get the MAW thing on track, and our team was out for the day and sent in substitutes! Of all the visits to do that, sheesh! Ran the situation down to them as best we could and hoping for miracles. We can still get lucky!
Sorry the team was out for the day. Praying you get approval.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 03-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #3672
nickmo06
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="angel's momma;47874435"]

Yay! So excited for you (as I panic that I still have so much to get done )

We leave on Monday!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #3673
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Trying to remember what I have already packed and what I still need I can't wait for it all to begin We will be arriving in Orlando by 3 pm TOMORROW!!!!! AHHH

Emma's PTR..Better late than never./?t=3069552
Old 03-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #3674
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Praying for a speedy recovery

Emma's PTR..Better late than never./?t=3069552
Old 03-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #3675
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Prayers & Pixie Dustpixied ust:
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: