Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #3586
Oneplustwins
Mouseketeer

Thank you forthe reminders about slowing down and enjoying the trip. I am a mega planner and we leave a month from tomorrow.....so excited! But I kept thinking what do we do each day, how do we fit it in. Perfect timing for the posts to just enjoy the trip and the simple things. We have never had a amiky vacation and I am so excited to be together!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #3587
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneplustwins View Post
Thank you forthe reminders about slowing down and enjoying the trip. I am a mega planner and we leave a month from tomorrow.....so excited! But I kept thinking what do we do each day, how do we fit it in. Perfect timing for the posts to just enjoy the trip and the simple things. We have never had a amiky vacation and I am so excited to be together!
We almost start our "less than a month" countdown too!! We leave April 20th!

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #3588
ajjwmaw
Earning My Ears

Maroo, thanks for the reminder! I

Cheshire, thanks so much for chiming in!

I'm hanging in there. The stone fragments are passing with little to no pain, but I over did it this morning and feel exhausted.

It was worth it though. We had our first spring like day today and I took the kids to the neighborhood park for a picnic. WildMan slept, so Jenna and I got some great one-to-one time and she loved being outside so much.

Aaron JuliePrincess J 12/08 (Wish Kid - bravely battling leukemia!) WildMan 9/12
Old 03-16-2013, 02:52 AM   #3589
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Jo - I hope Ja has a wonderful party

Julie - Glad you are doing well, and had a great day. Continued prayers

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 03-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #3590
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Emma's wish party will be tonight at 5 We will get our airline tickets and spending money plus dinner from Robert. (Our MAW wish angel!) Pics to come

Emma's PTR..Better late than never./?t=3069552
Old 03-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #3591
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Julie~ Hope you feel better soon! Continue to take it easy, I know easier said than done!

YEA for Emma's party!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #3592
AutisticAlice
Earning My Ears

I'm not a wish tripper or anything, but I just have questions. I'm writing a story based on an autistic girl who gets a trip to Disney world through a wish foundation. It's a made up on yet it's based of the sunshine foundation. My first question is on letters and how they are sent. By that I mean, how they are written. I want to have a good example for my character so that it is understandable and what not. Does anyone have any advice on this? An example would actually be helpful. I won't ask anyone o give me what thy sent for their child's letter unless they want to. I respect your privacy and personal matters.

You are free to read my story here. It's called Wish Upon a Star and it's about an autistic girl's first WDW adventure. ^_^
Old 03-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #3593
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutisticAlice View Post
I'm not a wish tripper or anything, but I just have questions. I'm writing a story based on an autistic girl who gets a trip to Disney world through a wish foundation. It's a made up on yet it's based of the sunshine foundation. My first question is on letters and how they are sent. By that I mean, how they are written. I want to have a good example for my character so that it is understandable and what not. Does anyone have any advice on this? An example would actually be helpful. I won't ask anyone o give me what thy sent for their child's letter unless they want to. I respect your privacy and personal matters.

Hello!

I think I would make up a totally new name for a foundation rather than using either "Make a Wish" or "Sunshine Foundation" or anything else that has a copyright - since it is a fictional story.

Somewhere I have a post that I did with pictures about a teenage boy with autism that went to Disney for the first time. He has severe autism and loved Disney World. A foundation didn't send them - it was just a group of nice people that donated some money so that they could go.

He spoke in full sentences for the first time at Disney World and has been doing more and more things ever since he got back.

If you are interested, I can go try to find the post and put a link to it - it was pretty amazing thing to watch! He really connected with the Disney characters in a special way!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #3594
AutisticAlice
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Hello!

I think I would make up a totally new name for a foundation rather than using either "Make a Wish" or "Sunshine Foundation" or anything else that has a copyright - since it is a fictional story.

Somewhere I have a post that I did with pictures about a teenage boy with autism that went to Disney for the first time. He has severe autism and loved Disney World. A foundation didn't send them - it was just a group of nice people that donated some money so that they could go.

He spoke in full sentences for the first time at Disney World and has been doing more and more things ever since he got back.

If you are interested, I can go try to find the post and put a link to it - it was pretty amazing thing to watch! He really connected with the Disney characters in a special way!
Okay. That might really help. I was thinking my character did that with Tiana, who happens to her favorite person ever.

You are free to read my story here. It's called Wish Upon a Star and it's about an autistic girl's first WDW adventure. ^_^
Old 03-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #3595
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutisticAlice View Post
Okay. That might really help. I was thinking my character did that with Tiana, who happens to her favorite person ever.
Here is thread - it is full of great stories about how both children and adults with disabilities (including autism) have been affected by Disney.

Everyone on the Wish Trippers Thread would enjoy this thread! (But make sure you have a tissue handy!)

uh...I forgot to paste it!!

Here it is: Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust..."

Last edited by maroo; 03-16-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #3596
AutisticAlice
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much. That gives me tons of ideas for my story!

Old 03-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #3597
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Old 03-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #3598
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Emma got a MAW Barbie, Hershey candy bars, and a MAW shirt tonight at her Wish party! Thank you Make-A-Wish SUPER DUPER EXCITED !!!!!!!!!

Old 03-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #3599
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEsmom View Post

Emma got a MAW Barbie, Hershey candy bars, and a MAW shirt tonight at her Wish party! Thank you Make-A-Wish SUPER DUPER EXCITED !!!!!!!!!
Beautiful pic! Yay for a great Wish party!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #3600
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEsmom View Post

YAY for an awesome party!!! Just a few more days!!!! WOOHOOO

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: