Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #3571
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
This CM, unfortunately, seems totally clueless. It bothers me because there are literally over 100 MAW families staying at Disney any given day and CM's should know about it! Maybe they are new. But there really is no excuse for rudeness on their part, in my opinion.

But...I would call every day (or as often as you want) - you may not be able to get the exact time you want - but they either should have an opening or you should get lucky at some point and get a CM that has a clue at some point between now and then.

If you are trying for BBB - then it is a lot easier to get it at Downtown Disney and it is a bigger shop there - PLUS you don't have to use valuable Disney time - if you wanted to do the makeover on one day and then shop that day or something - the hair and stuff pretty much stays put for at least a day.

IF you don't have something before you leave - then ask when you check in at GKTW - they may have someone there that is able to help you...

and IF that doesn't work - then take your MAW button and Green Light GAC to Guest Services and see if they can work some magic.

The right CM can make really amazing things happen sometimes.
The OP has updated and she has the reservations she wants.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #3572
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjwmaw View Post
Thanks so much everyone! I feel much better!

I'm a little bummed that we can't add days, but I completely understand and think that it is amazing that the parks support these programs by giving tickets. We are more than happy that we get any tickets at all.

I had to have a lithotripsy done this morning to break up a kidney stone. I'm still a bit groggy and hoping the stone fragments pass soon. I feel so bad because today is hubby's birthday! He did have an excuse to take the day off, but has spent it at the hospital and then being super dad all day. I'm hoping I can think of a fun way to make it up to him another day.
Kidney stones?!? oh no! That is terrible! I have those and they are horrible!

I hope you feel better soon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #3573
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb View Post
The OP has updated and she has the reservations she wants.
Awesome!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #3574
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2M07 View Post
Ok ... problem solved! I contacted our Wish Granters to see if they had any success in trying to get reservations and they scheduled Maddie for a Princess Makeover at DTD and a Princess Breakfast in Epcot! We don't know which days yet, but the reservations are made! And our flights are booked, too! I'm trying to figure out if I can fit a quick trip to the craft store into my schedule today, so that I can start making her things for the trip! Who needs work, right?
I am so glad you guys got the ressie!!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #3575
maroo
DIS Veteran

I am not doing so well reading this thread backwards today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
Ok. Our wish is just disastrous. They said whoever stays with us has to travel with us. You would think they'd be happy to save money on a plane ticket. So now, our plan has changed. If we drive, they won't contribute to the cost of driving at all. Not sure what to do. Looks like we either need to pay gas for two of our vehicles to drive or we fly and pay for all of my moms tickets and such out of pocket. But, that can't happen either. Because of my medical issues, I can't stay in the village by myself with the kids. I just want to cry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
I think we're just going to pray the 15 passenger van will make it and all ride together. Ava won't get to fly, but it's the best we can do. And if we don't get gas money, then we don't get gas money. I just wish they would make this a little easier on us. I think they may just be a little upset that we're determined to bring all the kids.

Kristy

Aw man!!! I am sorry this has been such a struggle - I really hope this has worked out for you guys or will in the very near future!

I agree with the previous poster that was wondering if they would help with gas since the official wish trip participants are no longer flying?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #3576
maroo
DIS Veteran

I don't typically do this...

But I have been trying to go back and read the TR's that I missed over the past two years - and was reading this one today...

icecreamforbreakfast (Joey) - Joey's Trip Report from 2010

I was struck by how simple their trip was... and how much they enjoyed sleeping in some and just hanging out at GKTW - they "missed" a TON by the DIS standards - one day they didn't go to the Parks at all - but they didn't really "miss" it because they had so much fun just hanging out together and hitting the highlights.

I guess I worry that I spend so much time planning that sometimes I over plan these trips - and this was a great reminder to me to just go with the flow sometimes - and that even on a wish trip (when we want everything to be PERFECT and planned and rightfully so! ) - we can go with no real plan except to relax and enjoy each others company and it can be awesome, too!

There are a TON of wonderful TRs linked that have great planning advice and many, many very magical moments documented on this thread and I hope you guys read them all and plan a ton - you have all been through so much and deserve the trip of a lifetime! - but I wanted to highlight this one today because of it's simplicity.

Don't be afraid to plan a simple trip for your family - that may be just what the "doctor" ordered. (And don't forget to eat ice cream for breakfast!)
Old 03-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #3577
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo

But I have been trying to go back and read the TR's that I missed over the past two years - and was reading this one today...

I was struck by how simple their trip was... and how much they enjoyed sleeping in some and just hanging out at GKTW - they "missed" a TON by the DIS standards - one day they didn't go to the Parks at all - but they didn't really "miss" it because they had so much fun just hanging out together and hitting the highlights.

I guess I worry that I spend so much time planning that sometimes I over plan these trips - and this was a great reminder to me to just go with the flow sometimes - and that even on a wish trip (when we want everything to be PERFECT and planned and rightfully so! ) - we can go with no real plan except to relax and enjoy each others company and it can be awesome, too!

There are a TON of wonderful TRs linked that have great planning advice and many, many very magical moments documented on this thread and I hope you guys read them all and plan a ton - you have all been through so much and deserve the trip of a lifetime! - but I wanted to highlight this one today because of it's simplicity.

Don't be afraid to plan a simple trip for your family - that may be just what the "doctor" ordered. (And don't forget to eat ice cream for breakfast!)
Great advice! I try to tell myself that often so that there are no disappointments if it doesnt all go as planned!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #3578
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjmaw
I just got a call from Jenna's Wish granter and our local chapter is telling her that our tickets to the parks can only be used during the seven days of our trip. So, for example, if we get a 3 day wdw pass and only go two days during the seven days of the wish, we cannot go on the eighth day. I thought that the tickets were good for two weeks? Does anyone know if what they are telling me is correct? They also told me that this will all be done through the Florida chapter, so I'm not sure that my chapter really knows many details about the specifics of the tickets. Fwiw, our plan is to add additional days to our tickets on the first day we are at DW. They say that we will have to purchase entirely new tickets.
Your tickets will have 14 days from date of first use until they expire. The tickets will be issued to you at GKTW, the Florida Chapter has nothing to do with them.

However, since they will be complimentary they cannot be upgraded or modified in any way.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 03-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #3579
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Julie - Sorry about the kidney stone, praying you're better soon. Happy Birthday to DH.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 03-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #3580
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post

Maroo, you are so right!!! Our wish trip in 2011 was simple, I did not have any info except what the wish volunteer gave us, I did not have the internet connected at that time. We spent most of our time at the village, what time we spent at Disney World, we done the M&G's. It was hot, so DD wanted to go back to GKTW to get in the pool. We did not even go to Universal Studio's.
When we were back home & got internet connection, I started looking at sites, & I thought BOY!!! we missed alot. We dicided to take DD back to Disney World for her 5th birthday & to celebrate her being stable & off her meds, so I went into major planning mode for a yr. Well, we are back from our trip & we had an awesome time, but what I realize the most is that our first trip was awesome too, even though we did not do all kinds of things & not the special things like Cinderella's Castle & BBB, our trip was just the kind of trip we needed at the time, the first vacation we had with our DD. We stayed at the most AWESOME place that you can stay at, one that touches every core of your being, surrounded by ANGELS.

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Old 03-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #3581
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2M07 View Post
Ok ... problem solved! I contacted our Wish Granters to see if they had any success in trying to get reservations and they scheduled Maddie for a Princess Makeover at DTD and a Princess Breakfast in Epcot! We don't know which days yet, but the reservations are made! And our flights are booked, too! I'm trying to figure out if I can fit a quick trip to the craft store into my schedule today, so that I can start making her things for the trip! Who needs work, right?
AWESOME FOR MADDIE!!!
They say the Princess Breakfast in Epcot is a good one, that they even do a parade around the room with the kids.
I took foam stars & crowns, that I got at the craft store, to Disney on this trip for the Characters to sign, I am going to put them in a scrap book or a frame w/pics. I have not decided which yet.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #3582
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjwmaw View Post
Thanks so much everyone! I feel much better!

I'm a little bummed that we can't add days, but I completely understand and think that it is amazing that the parks support these programs by giving tickets. We are more than happy that we get any tickets at all.

I had to have a lithotripsy done this morning to break up a kidney stone. I'm still a bit groggy and hoping the stone fragments pass soon. I feel so bad because today is hubby's birthday! He did have an excuse to take the day off, but has spent it at the hospital and then being super dad all day. I'm hoping I can think of a fun way to make it up to him another day.
Sorry about the kidney stones, sounds like you have a wonderful Hubby!!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #3583
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Maroo and Bella - Thank you for both your reminders to slow down and just enjoy.
I need a yogi smiley!

Julie - Hope you're feeling better!

Spring has changed its mind and run away. Half a foot of snow or so these past 24 hours and still coming down. And I have to get to the grocery store to buy things for Ja's Birthday Party tomorrow Mantra: 6weekstoFlorida6weekstoFlorida6weekstoFlorida....

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #3584
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post
Maroo and Bella - Thank you for both your reminders to slow down and just enjoy.
I need a yogi smiley!

Julie - Hope you're feeling better!

Spring has changed its mind and run away. Half a foot of snow or so these past 24 hours and still coming down. And I have to get to the grocery store to buy things for Ja's Birthday Party tomorrow Mantra: 6weekstoFlorida6weekstoFlorida6weekstoFlorida....
I looked at the Florida Weather everyday for a year, 1. just to judge what it might be like when we went. 2. Now, to wish I was still there!
I will be glad when SPRING gets here too!!
If I hit the Lottery, moving to Florida, volunteering at GKTW & becoming a Disney World Employee, a girl can dream!!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #3585
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post
I looked at the Florida Weather everyday for a year, 1. just to judge what it might be like when we went. 2. Now, to wish I was still there!
I will be glad when SPRING gets here too!!
If I hit the Lottery, moving to Florida, volunteering at GKTW & becoming a Disney World Employee, a girl can dream!!
YES! You know, 130 years ago or so, my ancestors came north in a covered wagon. From CALIFORNIA. I..... just DO NOT understand.

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: