Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #3391
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post

I think that pretty much sums up how today is going. Ugh.
Could use some anti-sniffle vibes heading in this direction, please. Ja is home with a runny nose and is feeling just good enough to drive me up the wall and just bad enough to make me want to snuggle her nonstop.
Sending good vibes your way
Totally understand Emma just got over Strep Throat.

Emma's PTR..Better late than never./?t=3069552
Old 02-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #3392
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Making our Disney shirts tonight
Pics to come Getting things together for our trip and my husband thinks I have gone a little bonkers....well, I have

Emma's PTR..Better late than never./?t=3069552
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #3393
maroo
DIS Veteran

I think I am caught up!!! At least with the lists on the first post here!

I have added a BUNCH of links to threads - so you guys visit around and post on each others so that you can all meet and hang out! I won't put the list of all that I added because there are so many new ones that you should all go check them all out.

I have answered all of my PM's and put links where people asked - and I went through this thread and tried to catch most of you guys and put your trips on the first page, too...

And I went through the Pre-Trippie reports to try to pull some off from over there, too...

So...IF I missed you (I am SOOOOOO sorry if I did!)...then PM me so that I will know to add you (I will clean out my PM box before I go to bed)...

I won't be on any social media tomorrow, but I will be back on Thursday!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #3394
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

I need help!!!

I need help from those who have gone to the parks!!! Which parks are full day and which parks are half a day?? I dont know what parks are half a day and which ones are full days? I dont want to plan a full day for a park that will take us half a day! Or plan for half a day and we miss out on a bunch of stuff.

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #3395
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post

I have added a BUNCH of links to threads - so you guys visit around and post on each others so that you can all meet and hang out! I won't put the list of all that I added because there are so many new ones that you should all go check them all out.

I have answered all of my PM's and put links where people asked - and I went through this thread and tried to catch most of you guys and put your trips on the first page, too...

And I went through the Pre-Trippie reports to try to pull some off from over there, too...

So...IF I missed you (I am SOOOOOO sorry if I did!)...then PM me so that I will know to add you (I will clean out my PM box before I go to bed)...

Looks great!! Thanks

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Old 02-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #3396
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakentysmom
I need help from those who have gone to the parks!!! Which parks are full day and which parks are half a day?? I dont know what parks are half a day and which ones are full days? I dont want to plan a full day for a park that will take us half a day! Or plan for half a day and we miss out on a bunch of stuff.
We're buying an extra day. Many people say AK is half day, but I doubt that with my nature girls. So we'll do full days Epcot (breakfast w/ Princesses, tour, back to GKTW, hopefully hop to MK for parade/fireworks), MK, and AK. HS might only be half, but then we'll hop to whatever our favourite was for the rest of the day. I should update itinerary on our PTR...

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #3397
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Thanks Maroo! You are amazing! Missed me though on the list ;-)

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #3398
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post

Thanks Maroo!

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Old 02-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #3399
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEsmom View Post
Making our Disney shirts tonight
Pics to come Getting things together for our trip and my husband thinks I have gone a little bonkers....well, I have
Looking forward to seeing the shirts. It's fun to be bonkers when getting ready for the trip

Thank you maroo. I'm praying that you find someone to hand the thread off to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakentysmom View Post
It's really hard Britney, cause it really does depend on your family. None of the parks are half days for us, and even after several trips, there's things we still haven't done in each park. We didn't do all 4 parks on every trip though, and still had a wonderful time. You'll have a wonderful time too, just prioritize what you want to do the most.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 02-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #3400
Mom2M07
Mouseketeer

Question for those previous Wish families with wheelchairs ....

Maddie has several different adaptive chairs/strollers, due to her varying needs on any given day. We have a Convaid Cruiser (for her "I'm feeling pretty good, but need some support so that I don't crash" days), a Snug Seat Stingray (large, adaptive stroller/wheelchair with all the supports she needs for her "can't stay awake or lift my head" days) and just got a second-hand Quickie Kidz manual chair that she is beginning to learn how to self-propel. Originally, I assumed that we'd bring the Convaid, since it folds easily and has moderate support for her. But it doesn't recline at all, and she'll have times that she really does need to rest. The Quickie manual chair is out, since it doesn't have enough support to account for her tired days. So then I'm left with with Stingray, which is super supportive, tilts, reclines, and has everything that she needs. It's a bit overkill for her "good days" but perfect for her "low battery days." But it's heavy and huge and cumbersome to handle. We would definitely need to gate check it. So, I guess my question is should we bring the Stingray chair, gate check it, and just deal with the heavy, cumboersome nature of it? Should we bring the Convaid, which is much easier to handle and would be fine for anytime that she doesn't need to fully recline? Or should we rent a regular, reclining, jogging type stroller, which would probably be ok (she's small enough for a regular stroller) but that we wouldn't have available at the airport if we need it and wouldn't have all the supportive features of her adaptive chairs? For those who gate-checked wheelchairs, did they get damaged? That's one of our big concerns, since this is the chair we'll have for the next few years.

Also, I know I shouldn't worry about what people think, but would it be odd to see a child who looks relatively normal and energetic on a "good day" using a chair that obviously has a lot of supports (laterals, harness, etc.)?

Maddie - 5 - Wish Princess

Maddie Makes A Wish - PTR
Old 02-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #3401
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2M07 View Post
Question for those previous Wish families with wheelchairs ....

Maddie has several different adaptive chairs/strollers, due to her varying needs on any given day. We have a Convaid Cruiser (for her "I'm feeling pretty good, but need some support so that I don't crash" days), a Snug Seat Stingray (large, adaptive stroller/wheelchair with all the supports she needs for her "can't stay awake or lift my head" days) and just got a second-hand Quickie Kidz manual chair that she is beginning to learn how to self-propel. Originally, I assumed that we'd bring the Convaid, since it folds easily and has moderate support for her. But it doesn't recline at all, and she'll have times that she really does need to rest. The Quickie manual chair is out, since it doesn't have enough support to account for her tired days. So then I'm left with with Stingray, which is super supportive, tilts, reclines, and has everything that she needs. It's a bit overkill for her "good days" but perfect for her "low battery days." But it's heavy and huge and cumbersome to handle. We would definitely need to gate check it. So, I guess my question is should we bring the Stingray chair, gate check it, and just deal with the heavy, cumboersome nature of it? Should we bring the Convaid, which is much easier to handle and would be fine for anytime that she doesn't need to fully recline? Or should we rent a regular, reclining, jogging type stroller, which would probably be ok (she's small enough for a regular stroller) but that we wouldn't have available at the airport if we need it and wouldn't have all the supportive features of her adaptive chairs? For those who gate-checked wheelchairs, did they get damaged? That's one of our big concerns, since this is the chair we'll have for the next few years.

Also, I know I shouldn't worry about what people think, but would it be odd to see a child who looks relatively normal and energetic on a "good day" using a chair that obviously has a lot of supports (laterals, harness, etc.)?
Ohh thats a hard one!! We have a convaid ez rider and it is probably about the same as yours. Doesnt recline or anything. But for Jacob-its perfect for him. But for your girl...I would do the big chair. Yes its big and bulky, but you will be kicking yourself on the days that she has low energy. Just my .2

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Old 02-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #3402
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Missed me on the list too. :-)
Old 02-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #3403
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakentysmom View Post
We only lasted 3 hours at AK. A few of the rides were down when we were there, although we could have waited, they were just temporary at that time. But so many people were waiting and the kids just wanted to go to GKTW and swim. I agree with PP, it all depends on your family and, even, how the day goes. We actually wish we would have done Busch Gardens instead of AK.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #3404
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
We only lasted 3 hours at AK. A few of the rides were down when we were there, although we could have waited, they were just temporary at that time. But so many people were waiting and the kids just wanted to go to GKTW and swim. I agree with PP, it all depends on your family and, even, how the day goes. We actually wish we would have done Busch Gardens instead of AK.
Yeah I was thinking that AK is def a half a day park. All my kids really would like to do is go on the safari thing. We are going to eat at Tuskers in the morning so hopefully we can be on the first safari and get out of there at a good time.

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Old 02-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #3405
nuts4wdw
Have a disney day!!!

Hi, we are getting excited 93 days!!!!! I am trying to recover from the last week. Prescott has been sick and ended up in ER with viral pneumonia. Yuck! But I think he is on the mend. So, I am starting to make list after list after list! I think the planning has been such a stress relief! So not much going on Make a Wish- wise, just having fun planning.

Maroo- Thanks so much for updating everything. However, I didn't see us on the list. Thanks!

Prescott's Make a Wish pre-trip!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: