Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #3376
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliasmom View Post
So just off the phone with MAW. They are coming to our home on March 20th to re-interview Talia to make sure it is truly her wish. I am so apprehensive. Talia is non-verbal and has no motor skills. She smiles when she is really happy, cries when she is really unhappy. That's it. We were told the GKTW was a go in July, and although I'm sure anything will be nice, it will be so disappointing if they decide to take that away. Not to mention when our dates would be since we are apparently starting over. Grrr. I hate this stuff! Just nerve racking when you think things are further along then they are.
I just PM'd you.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #3377
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneplustwins View Post
I sent a message to the touring place I will post when I hear back from them.
Taliasmom good luck with everything. I hope all goes great.
You are talking about www.touringplans.com, right?

Let me know if you don't hear anything back and I will forward them the email they sent to me many moons ago! You can post here or PM me...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #3378
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

[IMG][/IMG]
Emma and Ryan at their cousin's wedding during the summer...
I can't believe this picture even exists

Emma's PTR..Better late than never./?t=3069552
Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #3379
Oneplustwins
Mouseketeer

Thanks Mario, yes I sent them an email. I will post as soon as I hear back. Thank you for the idea.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #3380
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So just off the phone with MAW. They are coming to our home on March 20th to re-interview Talia to make sure it is truly her wish. I am so apprehensive. Talia is non-verbal and has no motor skills. She smiles when she is really happy, cries when she is really unhappy. That's it. We were told the GKTW was a go in July, and although I'm sure anything will be nice, it will be so disappointing if they decide to take that away. Not to mention when our dates would be since we are apparently starting over. Grrr. I hate this stuff! Just nerve racking when you think things are further along then they are.
Good Luck! I'm sure it will all work out for Talia!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #3381
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I started a countdown chain and Jack LOVES it - so do his brother and sister. Makes it all seem so much real. I have been buying stuff at dollar tree (got idea from other post on budget board) - light up braclets, disney little stuff. I want to start packing but I know it is too early. LOL!!! =)
Yay for the countdown calender. It's never too early to start packing. We have some items that we only use on wdw trips, that just stay in the suitcase, and I've been adding things for this trip as I buy them.

Quote:
So sorry about the re-interview, and that it's so far off Praying that it goes well, and that you will be going in July as planned.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 02-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #3382
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma

So sorry about the re-interview, and that it's so far off Praying that it goes well, and that you will be going in July as planned.
Thanks, I'm praying too. I wrote that wrong though, lol, July last year was when we had our first interview (after being approved in may). We were supposed to go to gktw this spring (Talia is like most of our kids, heat sensitive), but if they are re-interviewing in late march, I don't see spring happening. I don't know that waiting till fall would be wise as she has a degenerative condition. Just gonna have to pray on it and wish on some stars
Old 02-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #3383
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post

I really like the people that run this site... In the past they have offered a free login for MAW families - but it has expired and I don't really see them as often now that I have been sort of out of the loop of the Disney peeps!

But, the owners of that site have expressed that they want to help the MAW families and have given us permission to share the data with you guys (for those of us that have memberships)...and I bet they would give a highly, highly discounted membership to any MAW family that would take the time to email them with their chapter info, etc - they are really great people there!

AND...it comes with an Application called "Lines" that has a chat feature that is highly addicting, too...I was in Disney with my cousin last year and "Lines" helped us find out that the New Fantasyland was opened - which was priceless info for us - and they could give you guys info like this on your trip, too. Not that a MAW family really needs to worry about Lines at Disney, though!! It does help every family to avoid the CROWDS, though!
Thanks! I will look into it and see if I can get a discount at least. That Lines app sounds fun!

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Old 02-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #3384
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I sent a message to the touring place I will post when I hear back from them.
Taliasmom good luck with everything. I hope all goes great.
awesome! Let me know what they say. I will send them a message too.

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Old 02-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #3385
Mom2M07
Mouseketeer

OK ... so I do NOT do well with anticipation! I check my email every hour, just to see if we have dates yet! Logically, I know that we only met with them 7 days ago and that they need to get approval from the doctor before they can schedule anything, but I can't wait!!! I want to know so that I can schedule our character meals and try to get an appointment for BBB. I want to know so that I can try to contact someone at Disney to share Maddie's wish to actually be in the parade. I want to know so that I can find cute things for her to wear and start a Countdown for her. I just want to know!!!! Sorry ... vent over! Maddie, on the other hand, seems to be handling the wait just fine. She looks at youtube videos of GKTW and WDW and talks about eating ice cream for breakfast and "catching a big fish." She's excited, but patient. Me? Not so much!

Maddie - 5 - Wish Princess

Maddie Makes A Wish - PTR
Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #3386
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

I think that pretty much sums up how today is going. Ugh.
Could use some anti-sniffle vibes heading in this direction, please. Ja is home with a runny nose and is feeling just good enough to drive me up the wall and just bad enough to make me want to snuggle her nonstop.

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #3387
Oneplustwins
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone. I didn't get a personal response back from touring plans but they sent me a link to my email with a complimentary membership! Wow! I just went to the website, hit contact us and said we were a MAW family going in April and that I was on this forum and wondered if there was still a discount on members for MAW families. So please email them too.
Mom2mo7.... Totally understand!, hope you et your dates soon.
Even having our dates I am so excited. Sometimes I think more excited than my kids because I know Disney IS and the kids don't fully get it. I can't wait to see their faces!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #3388
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, I'm praying too. I wrote that wrong though, lol, July last year was when we had our first interview (after being approved in may). We were supposed to go to gktw this spring (Talia is like most of our kids, heat sensitive), but if they are re-interviewing in late march, I don't see spring happening. I don't know that waiting till fall would be wise as she has a degenerative condition. Just gonna have to pray on it and wish on some stars
No, you wrote it right, I just misunderstood Did you explain that to them? Maybe they would do the interview sooner? I do know that I've seen some trips happen very quickly, so it could still happen this spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2M07 View Post
OK ... so I do NOT do well with anticipation! I check my email every hour, just to see if we have dates yet! Logically, I know that we only met with them 7 days ago and that they need to get approval from the doctor before they can schedule anything, but I can't wait!!! I want to know so that I can schedule our character meals and try to get an appointment for BBB. I want to know so that I can try to contact someone at Disney to share Maddie's wish to actually be in the parade. I want to know so that I can find cute things for her to wear and start a Countdown for her. I just want to know!!!! Sorry ... vent over! Maddie, on the other hand, seems to be handling the wait just fine. She looks at youtube videos of GKTW and WDW and talks about eating ice cream for breakfast and "catching a big fish." She's excited, but patient. Me? Not so much!
I think most of us are this way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post

I think that pretty much sums up how today is going. Ugh.
Could use some anti-sniffle vibes heading in this direction, please. Ja is home with a runny nose and is feeling just good enough to drive me up the wall and just bad enough to make me want to snuggle her nonstop.
Hugs Praying she feels better.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
Old 02-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #3389
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone. I didn't get a personal response back from touring plans but they sent me a link to my email with a complimentary membership! Wow! I just went to the website, hit contact us and said we were a MAW family going in April and that I was on this forum and wondered if there was still a discount on members for MAW families. So please email them too.
Even having our dates I am so excited. Sometimes I think more excited than my kids because I know Disney IS and the kids don't fully get it. I can't wait to see their faces!
Wonderful!

Old 02-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #3390
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Awesome!!! I think I will do the same thing!!

I also feel the same way about going to disney. My kids just dont quite understand how awesome it is going to be. But we do...and its SO EXCITING!!! Plus I am just over the moon that we FINALLY get a vacation!!! After all the hospital stays, and sickness, and doc offices, and everything else...we get to leave that all behind and have a stress free vacation. This is our first vacation ever and its just the best kind of vacation to have!!!!

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: