Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #3241
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle View Post
my baby is so sute. we leave in 2 days and he says inn 2 days mommy I wont be cold anymore! but school sent a whole folder with homework. so excited.
Yay! Have a wonderful trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
Since it looks like my other four won't be able to participate in any way whatsoever in Ava's wish, I need suggestions for affordable places to stay. But, paying for a hotel will be a problem. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I want it to be close to GKTW, so we can still have family time.
I was going to say to check this DIS Orlando hotel forum http://www.disboards.com/forumdispla...aysprune=&f=15
but I'd follow Sarah's suggestion first

Quote:
Originally Posted by taniabsn View Post
My job may give me a hard time taking the time off since I've used some of the vacation time when Nate was sick recently. Did anyone get FMLA approved for their trip???
I did a thread search for you, but there's nothing mentioned about FMLA. I hope someone can help with your question, and praying your job doesn't give you a hard time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
We did ask about extending the trip so Holden could go to Disney World for a day or two .....however, they said no.
Sorry they weren't allowed to extend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEsmom View Post
We are in the works for Emma's Wish party on the 9th at a local steak place! I can't wait. All is coming together
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post
When we were at GKTW, there were several families taking 2 weeks, 1 for their wish trip & an extra week for vacation on their own dime, I wonder how they worked that out??
Some chapters allow extensions, but others don't.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 02-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #3242
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Since it looks like my other four won't be able to participate in any way whatsoever in Ava's wish, I need suggestions for affordable places to stay. I'm a retired disabled veteran, so I can get a good military discount on the park tickets. But, paying for a hotel will be a problem. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I want it to be close to GKTW, so we can still have family time.

Kristy
Would a villa work for the rest of your family? I have rented one before on Seven Dwarfs lane, which is about 1 mile from GKTW - it had 4 bedrooms & 3 baths. I got it off VRBO and reviewed it on the Orlando board here on the dis.
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #3243
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Do you know what the price range is on them? We have seven kids so we already live on a tight budget. Having to buy park tickets for four of them is already going to be a miraculous feat, so we have to be very cheap on accommodations. Lol

Kristy
Old 02-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #3244
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you know what the price range is on them? We have seven kids so we already live on a tight budget. Having to buy park tickets for four of them is already going to be a miraculous feat, so we have to be very cheap on accommodations. Lol

Kristy
I found this from a google search-
http://www.vrbo.com/238135ha

This one is a little smaller but offers a weekly rate
http://www.vrbo.com/140470ha

I am a little lost-Are you able to have a wish granted and not have the hotel included?

Last edited by livndisney; 02-15-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: added a link
Old 02-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #3245
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney

I found this from a google search-
http://www.vrbo.com/238135ha

This one is a little smaller but offers a weekly rate
http://www.vrbo.com/140470ha

I am a little lost-Are you able to have a wish granted and not have the hotel included?
It's kind of confusing. My daughter was granted a wish which includes myself, my husband, and my three bio kids. My four step-children are on a 50/50 schedule. Since they don't live with us 100% MAW won't let them be included in the wish...even at our own expense.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #3246
krystle
Earning My Ears

help so stressed! sunday we leave and I cant seem to figure out what to bring and what not to. and how to plan we are leaving the six days so what should I leave out so we can make our plane any suggestions?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #3247
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's kind of confusing. My daughter was granted a wish which includes myself, my husband, and my three bio kids. My four step-children are on a 50/50 schedule. Since they don't live with us 100% MAW won't let them be included in the wish...even at our own expense.
So you are taking all the children and staying somewhere other than GKTW? I know you mentioned you wanted to be close to GKTW-but will the other children be allowed to partake in any of the events at the village? Or is the wish just park tickets for 5?

(not trying to be nosy just trying to figure out if I can help)
Old 02-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #3248
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle View Post
help so stressed! sunday we leave and I cant seem to figure out what to bring and what not to. and how to plan we are leaving the six days so what should I leave out so we can make our plane any suggestions?
Sunday is supposed to be chilly (by Florida standards) about 60. The next 7 days start cool (57) and should reach the low 80's.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:44 AM   #3249
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney

So you are taking all the children and staying somewhere other than GKTW? I know you mentioned you wanted to be close to GKTW-but will the other children be allowed to partake in any of the events at the village? Or is the wish just park tickets for 5?

(not trying to be nosy just trying to figure out if I can help)
No, they won't let us stay anywhere else. So, myself and my three will be at GKTW and my husband and his four will stay somewhere else. They would let my husband stay with us, but somebody has to take care of the kids! So they will provide tickets for 5 of us. It doesn't look like the four will be able to participate in anything at GKTW. If MAW would add them as non compensated participants, then GKTW would let them stay, eat, and do everything. I guess that's what I don't understand. Our MAW wouldn't be out any extra money by just adding them as non compensated. We would still pay for travel and tickets.

Kristy
Old 02-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #3250
AmberGreenawalt
Mouseketeer

ONE WEEK until DISNEY!!!! I posted a long over-due update to Savannah's PTR. It's actually a 3 parter with lots of great pictures including outfits, and package delivery from Kid's Wish Network. We're getting quite excited here. Check it out...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2956109&page=8
Old 02-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #3251
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

I think I need to rush all 7 of my kids to the ER. They seem to have all caught a serious case of the stupids. It started yesterday morning and still hasn't stopped. Just thought I'd share. If I go missing, check the mental hospitals. :-P

Kristy
Old 02-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #3252
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think I need to rush all 7 of my kids to the ER. They seem to have all caught a serious case of the stupids. It started yesterday morning and still hasn't stopped. Just thought I'd share. If I go missing, check the mental hospitals. :-P

Kristy
hahahaha There seems to be a lot of that going around, and not just kids people in general!! What we say at work, is you can't fix stupid! Good Luck!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #3253
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberGreenawalt View Post
ONE WEEK until DISNEY!!!!
Yay!

Quote:

Kristy

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 02-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #3254
Jakentysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
ONE WEEK until DISNEY!!!! I posted a long over-due update to Savannah's PTR. It's actually a 3 parter with lots of great pictures including outfits, and package delivery from Kid's Wish Network. We're getting quite excited here. Check it out...

YAY!! So excited for you guys!! We are still waiting on our dates I wish they would just hurry up!!!

Jake (wish kid) 10
Tyler 8

Jacob's PTR

Old 02-17-2013, 01:32 AM   #3255
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, they won't let us stay anywhere else. So, myself and my three will be at GKTW and my husband and his four will stay somewhere else. They would let my husband stay with us, but somebody has to take care of the kids! So they will provide tickets for 5 of us. It doesn't look like the four will be able to participate in anything at GKTW. If MAW would add them as non compensated participants, then GKTW would let them stay, eat, and do everything. I guess that's what I don't understand. Our MAW wouldn't be out any extra money by just adding them as non compensated. We would still pay for travel and tickets.

Kristy
I hope you are able to get everything worked out. Why won't MAW add them so they can stay at GKTW so all you have to do is pay for airfare and park tickets? I know every chapter is different but it seems crazy they wouldn't let the kiddos stay at GKTW.

Quote:

Yay!! I loved all the outfits and pics.

We are thinking of maybe doing Lego Land or Kennedy Space Center when we are on Trev's wish trip. Has anyone gone to either of these before? Any advice?

Thanks!
Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: