Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #301
Owensheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4ourtrip View Post
I am still learning how these Disney Boards work. Tommy's MAW trip to WDW is scheduled for Dec 20 thru the 26th. Our kids are very excited, it will be the first time any of them have been to anything Disney.

Tommy loves the Cars movie and Mickey Mouse. Our daughter K made a paper chain to count down the days until we go. Our older children are researching water parks.

Our kids are also excited about the cookie cart. I did just read though that someone never saw it. I am wondering if GKTW serves enough food to keep my 6'2" 17yo son full.

Tommy's wish party is Dec 10.

Tommy's pre-trip report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2801674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeds-Josh View Post
Hey!

So we go home tomorrow and today is our last full day

Yesterday we went to discovery cove and swam with the dolphins, it was AMAZING!!! Suprisingly I loved the aviary, maybe because all the birds came to me! I was like a bird magnet.

So after 2 weeks of fun and excitement today will be our final park day. We have decided to go to Hollywood Studios again as this was our favourite disney park. We also havent been on toy story mania, rock n rollercoaster or seen fantasmic so it was kind of a must do!

Hollywood studios will be the only disney park we have been to twice on this holiday as we thought Universal was out of this world and ended up at the studios twice and the islands 3 times. I think the fact that we are all potty about potter kinda made the decision to go back there even easier!
It sounds like you had a fantastic time!! We are planning a couple days at Universal because it looks so great!! We too are Harry Potter fanatics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefan824 View Post
Yes I am staying at GKTW and i'm really excited i'm just upset that i can't ride the roller coasters because of my seizures

I'm sorry you can't ride the rollercoasters Sometimes the less crazy rides are the best ones!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
You will have to order it online. The Village will give you directions on how to go about ordering it in one of the packets they give you.
Thanks!! We hope to see you at the village!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbh1964 View Post
Do you know if you don't stay at GKTW for the wish trip but stay on Disney Property, do we then pre-order a cd or can we still get it thru GKTW?
I am pretty sure it is the same whether you stay on site or not. You get the same packet and park tickets and have orientation at GKTW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Hi, I'm Michelle. MAW just called us last night to let me know that my son Jayden has been approved for a wish !! His wish is to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I'm still in shock and couldn't sleep last night because I was literally vibrating with excitement !!
I have no idea where to even begin.

My son Jayden was born at 34 weeks gestation on July 26, 2004 with a CHD called Tetralogy of Fallot. He has undergone open heart surgery and countless other procedures in the past 7 years. He still faces the challenge of having just 1 pulmonary valve and will have to have a replacement at some point.
Jayden has an ID brother named Jesse who was born healthy and with a unlimited amount of patience and love for his brother.

I have so many questions running around my head and each time I think about it I get teary eyed and overwhelmed ! I can't believe this is happening to us.
I'll be hanging around here a lot trying to gather as much info as I can to make the most out of this extraordinary opportunity.

Welcome fellow heart mom!! My son was born with HLHS and we leave for his trip in 12 days. Feel free to ask any questions you have!

Owen's PTR!!

TRIP REPORT!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #302
sgarrity
Mouseketeer

Big Give

The Garrity's have been selected to receive a Big Give. We received the first package today and I have posted pictures for all to enjoy. Come on over and celebrate with us! (page 7 of our pre-trip report)

Our Pretrip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post40707717

http://disbiggive.proboards.com/index.cgi
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #303
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensheart View Post

It sounds like you had a fantastic time!! We are planning a couple days at Universal because it looks so great!! We too are Harry Potter fanatics!

I'm sorry you can't ride the rollercoasters Sometimes the less crazy rides are the best ones!!!

Thanks!! We hope to see you at the village!!

I am pretty sure it is the same whether you stay on site or not. You get the same packet and park tickets and have orientation at GKTW!

Welcome fellow heart mom!! My son was born with HLHS and we leave for his trip in 12 days. Feel free to ask any questions you have!
I'm sure that you will. Just keep a look out for my HP robe! typically, I'm in the Village on Wednesday nights and maybe another night or two.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #304
mom2maggie
DIS Veteran

Hi! I just wanted to know if you have to be someone who sews to be a part of The Big Give stuff? I love reading about the Make A Wish kids, and would love to be able to grant them some pixie dust and Disney magic, but I'm not that great at sewing (yet!) Is there somewhere that I need to look to find out about it? I've seen other Big Give stuff that isn't necessarily sewn, so that gives me hope!

Me DH DD8 DD4
Old 11-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #305
starienite
Mouseketeer

Dev is still in the dark about when we are going. He still thinks September of 2013! It will be great when they come over to finalize everything and tell him the real date.

Devon's MAW PTR Departing February 16th!
The Most Awesome Trip Ever! This is Devon's MAW TR!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #306
lorasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarrity View Post
The Garrity's have been selected to receive a Big Give. We received the first package today and I have posted pictures for all to enjoy. Come on over and celebrate with us! (page 7 of our pre-trip report)
So exciting!!! Off to check out your ptr now!
DD#1, 12
DD#2, 10
Leukemia-fighting DD#3, 5
Gabby's MAW PTR!

Mom. Runner. Disney lover. Cancer hater.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:01 AM   #307
Mom2mitokids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2maggie View Post
Hi! I just wanted to know if you have to be someone who sews to be a part of The Big Give stuff? I love reading about the Make A Wish kids, and would love to be able to grant them some pixie dust and Disney magic, but I'm not that great at sewing (yet!) Is there somewhere that I need to look to find out about it? I've seen other Big Give stuff that isn't necessarily sewn, so that gives me hope!
I don't sew and I do Big Gives. Pixie Dust is a big part of Big Gives. I have sent gift cards, coloring books, stuff animals..ect.. I have a big box full of stuff. I got most of my stash from the clearence section at the Disney Store or Targets $1 bins has Disney stuff.

TR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40564833

http://www.facebook.com/HopeforKylee
Old 11-23-2011, 01:04 AM   #308
Mom2mitokids
DIS Veteran

Please keep Lisa and Rachel(blessed mom) in your thoughts and prayers. Lisa is in the hospital Sick and Rachel is at home sick. Please pray they both get better well soon.

TR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40564833

http://www.facebook.com/HopeforKylee
Old 11-23-2011, 05:35 AM   #309
mom2maggie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2mitokids View Post
I don't sew and I do Big Gives. Pixie Dust is a big part of Big Gives. I have sent gift cards, coloring books, stuff animals..ect.. I have a big box full of stuff. I got most of my stash from the clearence section at the Disney Store or Targets $1 bins has Disney stuff.

Awesome! I want to participate! What do I need to do or who do I need to contact?

Me DH DD8 DD4
Old 11-23-2011, 06:08 AM   #310
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

That's great that you want to join in the Big Gives! I only do pixie dust since I don't sew. Once you sign up through the link below, you can post to introduce yourself and there's a forum that gives suggestions to the type of pixie dust you can send to the MAW families.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #311
wbh1964
Mouseketeer

need 4day Dis tickets?....

As we have posted we are headed on Lindsay's MAW trip leaving Dec 23rd driving but I don't have details from MAW yet. From what I have read, even though Lindsay wished to stay on property we still will need to go to orientation at GKTW (yah! That means we get to see how cool it is ...anyway, my question is, from what I have read on this thread, tickets consist of 3 day Disney park hoppers+Univ & SW. If we want to do an additional day at Disney and need a 4 day park hopper, can we also pay to do that at GKTW or can we do that at Disney or will I have to purchase a new ticket for each of us? From what I have researched it would be cheaper to upgrade a 3day to a 4day than to purchase a 1 day ticket for each of us. Just asking so I know how much $$$ to plan on Thanks in advance to whoever might know!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
Matthew 6:33 "and He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern."

Lindsay's Make A Wish becomes an answer to her prayer!
Old 11-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #312
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As we have posted we are headed on Lindsay's MAW trip leaving Dec 23rd driving but I don't have details from MAW yet. From what I have read, even though Lindsay wished to stay on property we still will need to go to orientation at GKTW (yah! That means we get to see how cool it is ...anyway, my question is, from what I have read on this thread, tickets consist of 3 day Disney park hoppers+Univ & SW. If we want to do an additional day at Disney and need a 4 day park hopper, can we also pay to do that at GKTW or can we do that at Disney or will I have to purchase a new ticket for each of us? From what I have researched it would be cheaper to upgrade a 3day to a 4day than to purchase a 1 day ticket for each of us. Just asking so I know how much $$$ to plan on Thanks in advance to whoever might know!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
Thats a good question. Jayden doesn't really have any interest in Sea World. We went there a few years ago and he didn't really care for it.
I'd rather spend 4 days in WDW and 2 days in Universal .. if I can upgrade the 3 day that would be perfect.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 11-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #313
sgarrity
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Thats a good question. Jayden doesn't really have any interest in Sea World. We went there a few years ago and he didn't really care for it.
I'd rather spend 4 days in WDW and 2 days in Universal .. if I can upgrade the 3 day that would be perfect.
Quote:
It is my understanding that you cannot upgrade the 3 day ticket to a 4 day as they are comp tickets. Go to GKTW and click on families and there is a guide that discusses options.

Our Pretrip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post40707717

Old 11-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #314
Owensheart
Mouseketeer

I asked about upgrading from a 3 day to a 4day ticket and the answer was nada. You have to purchase a new 1 day ticket. Another option is to buy tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. They are less expensive than a 1 day park ticket and you can enjoy Magic Kingdom from 4pm- midnight (or 1am) depending on the day. Just an idea.

Owen's PTR!!

TRIP REPORT!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #315
brookerene
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2mitokids View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by p00h4me View Post
That's great that you want to join in the Big Gives! I only do pixie dust since I don't sew. Once you sign up through the link below, you can post to introduce yourself and there's a forum that gives suggestions to the type of pixie dust you can send to the MAW families.

Definitely no sewing Big Gives Are just as awesome!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: