Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #3076
kalimom6
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle View Post
hey yall did yall bring your own strollers? or can you get them at gktw? just thought that I would ask...
GKTW does not have strollers. But with the GKTW button your child gets, you get free stroller rentals at the parks. Just go straight to the stroller spot inside each park, show the button, and they give on to you. We did doubles each time.
I will add, we did bring 2 single strollers as well but we have more kids. We used the double rental and one single at each park. That way the baby could sleep in a comfy-er stroller.
__________________
Sarah, mom to M-10, L-8, G-7, Elsa-5(wish child), L-3, and J-17 months
Sea World/GKTW Dec. 1, 2012-Dec. 7, 2012
kalimom6 is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #3077
krystle
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: fayetteville arkansas
Posts: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
GKTW does not have strollers. But with the GKTW button your child gets, you get free stroller rentals at the parks. Just go straight to the stroller spot inside each park, show the button, and they give on to you. We did doubles each time.
I will add, we did bring 2 single strollers as well but we have more kids. We used the double rental and one single at each park. That way the baby could sleep in a comfy-er stroller.
ok thank you very much! I thought that I read that but wasn't sure.
so I got some really cool info today...my mother in law went to the dr today and noticied the last name and asked my mother in law if she had a grandson in the town we lived in. she said yeah and we found out that he is one of my son's sponsors for his trip. that is pretty cool and the dr was over the moon knowing that he was helping one of his patients family. hopefully everyone is doing ok and having a blast on your trips and planning them is fun too...
krystle is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #3078
JWCJ
Mouseketeer
 
JWCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 244

Krystle, we're looking at renting from Orlandostrollers. They can deliver and pick up the stroller from GKTW, and that way we have it for getting through parking lots and such. We also avoid the hassle of getting a new stroller and tag each day at the park.
Also, that's cool about your MIL's Dr! It's nice to know who's supporting you!

Question: Does anyone know if the GAC is valid for the entire week, or do we need to get a new one each day?

Ja is having a good week at school, even though it's almost cold enough for it to be closed (It was -32F with the wind chill today!). Kind of sad because she gets chemo the next 2 Mondays, and it's a type that really throws her for a loop for a few weeks after. She's also on steroids all that week, and 'roid Ja is not much fun at all. We usually end the week with some kind of public meltdown, often involving rolling around on the ground in a parking lot
__________________
Jo (Mom) W (Dad) C (5) Ja (4 - Wish Kid)


Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
JWCJ is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #3079
angel's momma
DIS Veteran
 
angel's momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 4,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerchlinsky View Post
Cameron's Pre trip report is up, check it out and please link to front page

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47358702
I subscribed. Maroo hasn't been able to be around much, so the front page han't been updated in awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle View Post
so I got some really cool info today...my mother in law went to the dr today and noticied the last name and asked my mother in law if she had a grandson in the town we lived in. she said yeah and we found out that he is one of my son's sponsors for his trip. that is pretty cool and the dr was over the moon knowing that he was helping one of his patients family.
That's really neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post
Ja is having a good week at school, even though it's almost cold enough for it to be closed (It was -32F with the wind chill today!). Kind of sad because she gets chemo the next 2 Mondays, and it's a type that really throws her for a loop for a few weeks after. She's also on steroids all that week, and 'roid Ja is not much fun at all. We usually end the week with some kind of public meltdown, often involving rolling around on the ground in a parking lot
Glad Ja is having a good week. Brrr! It's cold here, but not that cold. Praying for her treatments. Most of the kids at clinic have leukemia, so we see what they go through, and know what weeks are the worst for them.
__________________
Me - Christi DH - Tom DD - Angel 15 (wish kid)

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #3080
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 758

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerchlinsky View Post
Cameron's Pre trip report is up, check it out and please link to front page

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47358702
So glad you started his pre trip report. Going to check it out now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post

Ja is having a good week at school, even though it's almost cold enough for it to be closed (It was -32F with the wind chill today!). Kind of sad because she gets chemo the next 2 Mondays, and it's a type that really throws her for a loop for a few weeks after. She's also on steroids all that week, and 'roid Ja is not much fun at all. We usually end the week with some kind of public meltdown, often involving rolling around on the ground in a parking lot
BRRR... That is cold! Praying for Ja as she has her chemo treatments.

Jackie
__________________
PTR: Trevor's Star Wars Make A Wish Trip

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Lilfoot93 is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #3081
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 758

It's official!! We have dates After 8 months of waiting we finally have dates for Star Wars Weekend! We will be going June 2-8. Flying in the night of the 1st on a red eye flight. We are SO excited

We are not telling the kids the dates we go until there going away party a couple weeks before. Since they already know we are going we thought this would be a nice surprise for them. That way they only have to wait a couple weeks Then today my SIL called and said they were coming out from Montana in May so we are going to arrange the party around their arrival. That too will be a surprise to the kids!

I'm so excited to begin planning for real!!

Jackie
__________________
PTR: Trevor's Star Wars Make A Wish Trip

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Lilfoot93 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:19 AM   #3082
NEmel
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot93 View Post
It's official!! We have dates After 8 months of waiting we finally have dates for Star Wars Weekend! We will be going June 2-8. Flying in the night of the 1st on a red eye flight. We are SO excited

We are not telling the kids the dates we go until there going away party a couple weeks before. Since they already know we are going we thought this would be a nice surprise for them. That way they only have to wait a couple weeks Then today my SIL called and said they were coming out from Montana in May so we are going to arrange the party around their arrival. That too will be a surprise to the kids!

I'm so excited to begin planning for real!!

Jackie

YEA!!!! That should be a great time to go!! So excited for you!
NEmel is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #3083
2012bella13
Mouseketeer
 
2012bella13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NEVER NEVER LAND
Posts: 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post
Krystle, we're looking at renting from Orlandostrollers. They can deliver and pick up the stroller from GKTW, and that way we have it for getting through parking lots and such. We also avoid the hassle of getting a new stroller and tag each day at the park.
Also, that's cool about your MIL's Dr! It's nice to know who's supporting you!

Question: Does anyone know if the GAC is valid for the entire week, or do we need to get a new one each day?

Ja is having a good week at school, even though it's almost cold enough for it to be closed (It was -32F with the wind chill today!). Kind of sad because she gets chemo the next 2 Mondays, and it's a type that really throws her for a loop for a few weeks after. She's also on steroids all that week, and 'roid Ja is not much fun at all. We usually end the week with some kind of public meltdown, often involving rolling around on the ground in a parking lot
You will get your GAC at Give Kids The World & it is good for the full length of your stay & you will also recieve one for Universal Studio's.
__________________
:-DD,4yrs Bella DH
Disney World Trip Febuary 2013 A.O.A. Cars Suite
MAW-GKTW
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #3084
JWCJ
Mouseketeer
 
JWCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post
You will get your GAC at Give Kids The World & it is good for the full length of your stay & you will also recieve one for Universal Studio's.
Thanks for the info!
__________________
Jo (Mom) W (Dad) C (5) Ja (4 - Wish Kid)


Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
JWCJ is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 04:03 PM   #3085
JWCJ
Mouseketeer
 
JWCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 244

Oh man, I look like a punk! I'm participating in our city's "Hair Massacure" this year - a fundraising event that supports our children hospital's oncology unit, MAW, and Ronald McDonald House. I'll be shaving my head on Feb 15! Well, it's a good thing I'm going bald because my hair is completely bright pink I went in for some "pinking" which is part of the awareness campaign of the event - I told the stylist that I didn't think I wanted to be completely pink, I'd rather have some streaks. Well, something didn't get through, because he bleached only strands - but then did the pink all over, thinking that it wouldn't show with my brown hair. He was wrong!
Oh well, it's only 2 weeks and it's for a good cause, but I certainly got some looks at preschool I'll definitely be raising awareness!
__________________
Jo (Mom) W (Dad) C (5) Ja (4 - Wish Kid)


Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
JWCJ is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #3086
angel's momma
DIS Veteran
 
angel's momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 4,014

Jo - What a wonderful fundraising event. You should post a pic on your PTR
__________________
Me - Christi DH - Tom DD - Angel 15 (wish kid)

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #3087
krystle
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: fayetteville arkansas
Posts: 30

I wish they had one of those events here...
krystle is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 PM   #3088
NEmel
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcj View Post
oh man, i look like a punk! I'm participating in our city's "hair massacure" this year - a fundraising event that supports our children hospital's oncology unit, maw, and ronald mcdonald house. I'll be shaving my head on feb 15! Well, it's a good thing i'm going bald because my hair is completely bright pink I went in for some "pinking" which is part of the awareness campaign of the event - i told the stylist that i didn't think i wanted to be completely pink, i'd rather have some streaks. Well, something didn't get through, because he bleached only strands - but then did the pink all over, thinking that it wouldn't show with my brown hair. He was wrong!
Oh well, it's only 2 weeks and it's for a good cause, but i certainly got some looks at preschool I'll definitely be raising awareness!

awesome!!!!
NEmel is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #3089
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 163

We got the email saying Ava qualified for MAW!! I'm so excited! Guess its time to do a pretrip report. :-)

Kristy
__________________
Kristy: Mom to Logan-8, Ava-8 (wish child), Zach-7, Ben-6, Nate-6, Kelly-5, Alex-4
Ava's Disney Dream PTR!
Kktraylor is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #3090
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 163

Alright, I think I did it right. I posted the beginnings of a PTR. Posted lots of pics :-) And I think I linked it in my signature...not entirely sure though...lol
__________________
Kristy: Mom to Logan-8, Ava-8 (wish child), Zach-7, Ben-6, Nate-6, Kelly-5, Alex-4
Ava's Disney Dream PTR!
Kktraylor is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: