Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #3061
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post
my girls are really excited about Epcot - especially the Seas area (my favourite animal is a manatee, and I've passed that on to the girls ), and Spaceship Earth. Of course, that's all in theory and I don't know how it's going to go when we're actually there. C (at 5 1/2) is going to love it, I think, but she is quite bookish and loves things like science and world cultures.
I think the fact that they're looking forward to Epcot will make a big difference. The biggest thing I've seen posted is that kids go to MK where there is so much geared for the younger kids, then expect Epcot to be the same way. Angel had her own wdw guide book for kids, and knew exactly what to expect. She really enjoyed the kidcot spots, and it sounds like C would too. Here's a link to a list of greetings for the different countries that C may enjoy learning http://www.disboards.com/showthread....+the+countries . You may need to limit the time at the Seas, Angel would happily have spent more time there.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 01-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #3062
krystle
Earning My Ears

hey yall we just found out that the big reveal party is on feb 10th....and we are still going to keep it a surprise for him eventhough they said that we can tell him now or let them surprise him. and I found out that they do pay for sourviners and stuff....so exciting....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #3063
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle View Post
hey yall we just found out that the big reveal party is on feb 10th....and we are still going to keep it a surprise for him eventhough they said that we can tell him now or let them surprise him. and I found out that they do pay for sourviners and stuff....so exciting....
That's awesome. We kept the trip a secret from our kids until the reveal 3 days before we left. It was awesome as it's the state highway patrolmen who run the wish project. So 4 troopers met us at pizza hut for lunch, the kids were absolutely shocked. It was great.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #3064
LittleEsmom
Mouseketeer

Hello all! We got more info about Emma's wish trip today While I as hoping for a direct flight to Orlando we will have a connecting flight in Baltimore. So...we will be heading North to get to the South We won't get to Orlando till 3:00pm on the 23rd and leave the 29th at 4:30pm with a DIRECT FLIGHT! Thank you JESUS This will be my first time to fly as I have a mortal FEAR of flying and I hope I don't pass out or something worse Hugs to everyone!

Emma's PTR..Better late than never./?t=3069552
Old 01-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #3065
krystle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
That's awesome. We kept the trip a secret from our kids until the reveal 3 days before we left. It was awesome as it's the state highway patrolmen who run the wish project. So 4 troopers met us at pizza hut for lunch, the kids were absolutely shocked. It was great.
that sounds like fun a local restaurant is sponsoring him so we are doing it there... did u have family come with yall?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #3066
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
that sounds like fun a local restaurant is sponsoring him so we are doing it there... did u have family come with yall?
We could have had family come but it was during the week and people were working. It was nice to NOT have lots of people. I don't think the kids would have felt as connected to the patrolmanif there were family around. Plus they all got to sit in the patrol cars :-)
Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #3067
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How exciting!! What a great way to find out he is going to Disney World! And you don't have to listen to him asking you everyday how much longer he has to wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEsmom View Post
Hello all! We got more info about Emma's wish trip today While I as hoping for a direct flight to Orlando we will have a connecting flight in Baltimore. So...we will be heading North to get to the South We won't get to Orlando till 3:00pm on the 23rd and leave the 29th at 4:30pm with a DIRECT FLIGHT! Thank you JESUS This will be my first time to fly as I have a mortal FEAR of flying and I hope I don't pass out or something worse Hugs to everyone!
That is crazy that you have to go up to Baltimore before going down to Orlando Glad you have a direct flight on the way back though! I hear you about flying... I am trying not to think of that part. I flew cross country to NY a few years ago and I had to take something to calm down... Not sure if that would work this time with the kiddos.

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Old 01-30-2013, 03:13 AM   #3068
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay

Quote:
Yay for having the flight info. It's crazy how connections can be so far off. Our first time flying we had no idea what we were doing, and had a connection in Minneapolis from Central IL. After that I made sure any connections took place south of us. Sounds like you have quite a distance to Baltimore from AL. Sorry you couldn't get a direct flight there. Praying about your flight anxiety.

Praying about your flight anxiety too Jackie.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #3069
krystle
Earning My Ears

Old 01-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #3070
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Okay, fingers crossed that I've figured out the multi-quoting....

Quote:
Yay for party date! And how fun to make it a big reveal!

Quote:
Sorry to hear you won't have a direct flight on the way to Orlando. Hopefully you will all be so excited about the trip you won't worry about flying And Baltimore from AL? That's just plain silly!

I discovered that I have flying anxiety as well when my husband and I went on a trip in November - it's ridiculous, as I've probably flown on over 200 flights prior. I think the stress and worrying of the past year probably just caught up with me. I'm hoping that seeing Ja on her very first flight will distract me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma View Post
I think the fact that they're looking forward to Epcot will make a big difference. The biggest thing I've seen posted is that kids go to MK where there is so much geared for the younger kids, then expect Epcot to be the same way. Angel had her own wdw guide book for kids, and knew exactly what to expect. She really enjoyed the kidcot spots, and it sounds like C would too. Here's a link to a list of greetings for the different countries that C may enjoy learning http://www.disboards.com/showthread....+the+countries . You may need to limit the time at the Seas, Angel would happily have spent more time there.
Aw, thank you! C will love that! She's gone through so much with her sister sick, that I'm really trying to think of special things for her. She's a great big sis!
What guide book did Angel have? The girls would LOVE their own book!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #3071
krystle
Earning My Ears

hey yall did yall bring your own strollers? or can you get them at gktw? just thought that I would ask...
Old 01-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #3072
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Praying for your flight anxiety too Jo.

Here's a link to the kids' guide book http://www.amazon.com/Birnbaums-Walt...world+for+kids Lots of pictures & descriptions, and also reviews & comments made by kids.

And yay for the multi-quoting

Old 01-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #3073
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Krystle, it may just be my computer, but your pic in post 3069 isn't showing up for me.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #3074
jmerchlinsky
Earning My Ears

Camerons MAW trip

Cameron's Pre trip report is up, check it out and please link to front page

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47358702

Dad Of 4
Lexie 8 Abby 6 Cameron(Soon to be wish child)5 John (Wish Kid) 3 Married to the Wonderful and Charming Angelina

Cameron's Pre Trip Report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47358702
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #3075
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma View Post
Praying for your flight anxiety too Jo.

Here's a link to the kids' guide book http://www.amazon.com/Birnbaums-Walt...world+for+kids Lots of pictures & descriptions, and also reviews & comments made by kids.

And yay for the multi-quoting

That book looks perfect! C will love reading it, thanks!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: