Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #3046
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakentysmom View Post
How long are you guys getting your dates after meeting with your wish granters?
It took about 2 months. November - January. Actually, our coordinator called one afternoon to double check whether we had any dates to avoid. She said she's call back "later" after she looked at dates and flights; I took that to mean I'd hear back in a week or two. She called back 20 minutes later with flight times!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #3047
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle View Post
hey im sorry to hear about your daughter getting sick; congrats im sure it will renew her strength.
Thanks, I can't wait to watch her little head explode when she sees a character for the first time!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #3048
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post
Hi everyone!!!!

My 3 year old daughter, Jacey (I'm going to call her Ja, though, on the boards), was diagnosed with Leukemia back in April of last year. Since she's doing really well, and is on treatment until Oct '14, we decided that we would do her MAW trip while she's still on treatment, but during one of the lulls she has between major chemo. So, we submitted our dates, and just found out that we're heading to FL April 27 - May 4!!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!
I'm so glad that Jacey gets her wish!

Quote:
We heard back within a couple weeks that Trev's wish was approved.

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #3049
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
Random question....I have a friend who lives in Rhode Island and her daughter qualifies for a wish through A Wish come True. Last time I talked to her asking if she knew what her daughter is going to wish for. My friend said that it would be to come and see me of course. I met them at GKTW last year and live in the Orlando area. Any idea how the foundation might handle this? Would the family stay at GKTW again and be able to enjoy the things there?
Does she wish to go to Disney or Sea World? If so then she would stay at GKTW I would think. I am confused though...they stayed at GKTW already? Then they wouldn't be able to again.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #3050
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6

Does she wish to go to Disney or Sea World? If so then she would stay at GKTW I would think. I am confused though...they stayed at GKTW already? Then they wouldn't be able to again.
Their middle daughter qualified for a wish last year and this one is for the youngest. I can't figure out exactly what the wish is goin to be. She just keeping saying that she want to come to florida and see me.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #3051
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Their middle daughter qualified for a wish last year and this one is for the youngest. I can't figure out exactly what the wish is goin to be. She just keeping saying that she want to come to florida and see me.
Thats cute. I have heard of families staying there again with a different wish child. When we said Sea World, our wish foundation said they would set it up like a Disney wish because we get the SW tickets through GKTW. Then I had emailed GKTW asking about special things and we got surprised by SW with a special dolphin experience :-)
Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #3052
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thats cute. I have heard of families staying there again with a different wish child. When we said Sea World, our wish foundation said they would set it up like a Disney wish because we get the SW tickets through GKTW. Then I had emailed GKTW asking about special things and we got surprised by SW with a special dolphin experience :-)
She loves dolphins and princesses. So I'm thinking it will take a seaworld spin. Her sister's wish was to see the princesses. She wants me to stay with them but not sure how exactly that would work.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #3053
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
She loves dolphins and princesses. So I'm thinking it will take a seaworld spin. Her sister's wish was to see the princesses. She wants me to stay with them but not sure how exactly that would work.
Staying with them might be tricky. But they have visiting hours so you can be with them all day, even put her to sleep/tuck her in, then leave. Do you volunteer there?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #3054
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Staying with them might be tricky. But they have visiting hours so you can be with them all day, even put her to sleep/tuck her in, then leave. Do you volunteer there?
I do. Wednesdays as a photographer.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #3055
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ
Hi everyone!!!!

My 3 year old daughter, Jacey (I'm going to call her Ja, though, on the boards), was diagnosed with Leukemia back in April of last year. Since she's doing really well, and is on treatment until Oct '14, we decided that we would do her MAW trip while she's still on treatment, but during one of the lulls she has between major chemo. So, we submitted our dates, and just found out that we're heading to FL April 27 - May 4!!!

So sorry that Ja has been sick and has gone through so much. Glad she is being granted a wish and cant wait to hear more!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #3056
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakentysmom
We first heard Carter was being granted a wish the end of Sept. We met with his wish granters on Oct 24 & just got his dates last week. He wished for a cruise and those take longer.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #3057
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I do. Wednesdays as a photographer.
Hmmm...Wednesdays....we did cocoa beach that day then kids night out. We sat in for a little bit of Idol but had Mayor Clayton tuck in so had to leave early. I was very impressed and appreciative with the photos on the GKTW cd so if you were/are a part of that, THANK YOU. Also, thank you for being a volunteer. Too bad we live so far otherwise I would love to volunteer there.
Anyway, maybe ask GKTW some questions, give your friend an insight on GKTW side of the whole thing, as far as you staying there and whatnot.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #3058
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle View Post
Have u checked out the website? If not go to gtktw.org/families n it will have everything u need or want to know. When are yall going.
Angel wished for a cruise , so we're not going to GKTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimom6 View Post
Edited to add: I do not know much about Epcot, but I hear that it's best for older children?? Maybe not but the 2 year old may not enjoy it if that is the case.
I've read lots of posts on the Theme Park forum over the years about younger kids being bored at Epcot. Angel was almost 7 our first time, and found plenty to do, but many report that even that age range is bored there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
Holden made his wish yesterday!!!! Although we were pretty sure he was going to wish for Disney World/Mickey Mouse he said "Mickey Mouse Boat" when they asked. They didn't allow any input from the parents what-so-ever and they also didn't ask for a second or third choice just in case. They also didn't ask for specific dates, just the preferred month of travel. The volunteers made mention that Disney is currently sailing out of Galveston however the preferred month of travel is June or July (school summer break for the oldest two) and Disney won't be sailing out of Galveston during those months. We'll see how it goes. The family was told they need to get their passports asap as they won't reserve anything without passports in hand.

My BFF should be joining the DIS soon to start her PT report.
Yay! Looking forward to the PTR.
When our wish granter called to set up the meeting, she asked me to tell her Angel's wish, which really surprised me, and I told her that I prefered to wait & let Angel tell her at the meeting.

Quote:
We finally heard from our wish granters YAY!!!

We meet with them next week.
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot93 View Post
I just heard back from our wish grantor and we have a tentative date of June 2-8! We are waiting to hear for sure from the folks at Star Wars Weekend. GKTW has already reserved us a spot.

Has anyone stayed on Disney property during their wish trip? There may be a chance we do not get to stay at GKTW. We have been getting excited staying at GKTW so hopefully we will be able to stay there.

Jackie
Yay! I hope you get to stay at GKTW. I know Angel has read at least one trip report that the family stayed onsite because GKTW was full, but they were allowed to go to GKTW to do things.

Quote:
Hi everyone!!!!

Jo Glad Ja is doing well, and is getting her wish. Yay for having dates

Quote:
Thanks, I can't wait to watch her little head explode when she sees a character for the first time!

Quote:
She just keeping saying that she want to come to florida and see me.
Aw, so cute. Glad she is getting a wish.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 01-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #3059
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Thanks angel's momma, NEmel, and Lilfoot93! The girls and husband might be in trouble for supper as I settle down and start reading all the PTR and TR!

kalimom6 - my girls are really excited about Epcot - especially the Seas area (my favourite animal is a manatee, and I've passed that on to the girls ), and Spaceship Earth. Of course, that's all in theory and I don't know how it's going to go when we're actually there. C (at 5 1/2) is going to love it, I think, but she is quite bookish and loves things like science and world cultures.

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #3060
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

If all of the condos are full when you check in at GKTW, I think most stay at a Disney World Resort. I know the day we checked in - a Sunday Morning- when I went for the meeting that afternoon, they were checking in people & telling some of them that they would be staying at a Disney Resort. We was fortunate that we got to stay at the village.

We are going back to Disney next month & I have already talked to GKTW about visiting, they said to just tell them we are a returning family & we could visit every day & take advantage of all the activities going on.

We can not wait to go back.
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: